Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

I was told that I would get a code sent to me via email for all of the specializations to be unlocked, if I played multiplayer before Nov.20, which I did! I played it on release date, and I'm already max level (with only 2 specializations that I have unlocked). Is there any other way of me getting a new email sent to me?

The flaw with Friendly fire turned off is that *team members can destroy your vehicle for whatever reason without consequence*. This means if you get in it first and they're mad, they can destroy your vehicle. It means if they're trolling and just want to make people made, they can destroy friendly vehicles. This means absolute douchebags can just Plasma shot a Vehicle and then use plasma grenades t destroy friendly vehicles without consequence. The only reason I am commenting is because this has happened often to either me or people on my team. It nearly ruins matchmaking because ******** can do whatever they want *without* consequence. Also when one team member on one team decides to destroy all the friendly vehicles that are occupied by players the game is unbalanced and unfair. That also makes matchmaking not any fun. Absolute jerks can do whatever they want to people as long as they're in vehicles and they will have no consequence to them. It is frigging enraging.

Matchmaking is a complete disaster!!! I'm getting tired of the unreliable and often glitchy server issues that seem to happen daily. Also, I don't want to be constantly dropped into matches that are already in progress. This is the worst system for competitive gaming. Bungie had it right by always starting people out in dedicated matches. WTF were you thinking 343??? I have been playing this game since the release of the very first Halo. It used to be that you could sit down to play any time of the day or night and always have a solid, reliable multiplayer experience. Sadly, that is no longer the case with Halo. So much of what made Halo great was it's subtle simplicity. 343 has managed to over complicate that formula and has given us what amounts to a Call of Halo game. I played Halo because it's Halo, not because it's just like Call of Duty. Too bad you took an otherwise brilliant game model and squandered it away. Can't wait to see what Destiny has to offer. Whatever it is, I know it will at least come with a reliable multiplayer system. GO BUNGIE!!!

• Like 2

Ok so I was banned from online chat for one week because I mouthed off to a guy who was deliberately killing his own teammates while they were in vehicles. Why he was doing this I don't know. He obviously reported me and got me banned. It's been over a week now and my chat is still off. I understand I need to watch my language, and now I've ran my week through. I would like the chat turned back on please. Why can't I seem to get any help with this?

i love the game, but am finding the lack of decent small to mid size maps very annoying. Complex is no way a 4v4 map. Too big and too open IMO. And having watched the crimson map pack trailer it seems that even the new ones are going to be large with vehicles and more suited to BTB. Can we get some tight cosy 4v4 maps please? It would make my xmas :)

I was able to play fine for the first couple weeks and me and a friend did the first two levels of the campaign, played some slayer and swat and also several level of Spartan Ops with no problems. Then a couple weeks ago a started getting booted from the load screen. Now my other mates and I are getting frustrated because they are not having the problem but I can't join them online. This is the only reason I bought the game it it won't work. I can talk to them, join a group with them but when we try to load tyhe game I get to the point where the UNSC logo spins and it boots me to the main HALO 4 screen with the 'press start' button. Every now and then it lets me play a game of SWAT or two and maybe the odd Spartan Ops if I'm by myself, but I don't want to play the game without being able to play online. I phoned Xbox and they couldn't help, they were frustrated also, and they said write a post on the 343 forum. So here I am. I have an OPEN NAT and I don't have any issues with other games online. I have ADSL2+ and I don't want to buy a new modem if it's not going to fix the problem. I have one of the early WHITE xbox's but as I said it plays the game fine and all others, it has just started doing this online play fault. I need a reply or can someone give me an update please??? Cheers

Hello,

First of all i want to thank 343 industries for making this awesome game. well my problem is that since a day of 3-4. my spartan suddenly went from level 48 to level 1 in matchmaking, but when i take a look at my spartan-screen, i am still level 48. and it says that my spartan is offline, and thats probably why i only can get 10,000 xp each day. its really frustratrating. the weird thing is that i still can change my armour, and weapon set's but that it doesn't change anything in matchmacking.it would be a great deal if someone helped me.

Thanks.

Intermittently when trying to play matchmaking I will get an error message "The Halo 4 servers are not available, please try again later. The list has been switched to basic mode" and it will only give me a few playlist types and my rank shows as SR1. Looks like others are having this issue as well. Please please please figure this out, it's quite annoying!

Aye, I haven't been able to play Halo 4 for a week now. This is awful. At launch I was able to play it just fine for a few weeks; now it will get me into a multiplayer lobby, show all the other players for a moment, and then boot me out. After three times of booting me out, it just says I have lost my Xbox Live Connection (which is still active). I have a great open NAT connection which has never had an issue with connecting to FPS lobbies before. I'm getting to the point of trading it in for a different game if I can't play online. Please fix the lobby issue. Xbox support said it was on your side.

Well here's a few things I've found so far:

1. Rotation Playlist, you need to remove that. You need to keep all playlists and not just remove then because "oh it didn't get enough players with x amount of days" Like snipers, snipers is awesome has been around since the dawn of halo and should continue to stay in halo. And any old playlist that was in halo 2, 3, reach should stay in 4, plain and simple.

2. Autosentry sucks in multiplayer, fix it.

3. Every once in a while on my profile the custom loadouts reset back to defaults, kind of annoying.

And the only reason I signed up for the forum was for the sniper thing, I really, really like snipers, and I could actually no scope really well in Halo 4, and 2, not so much in reach, and halo 3. >_> So please bring back snipers, leave it there, and leave swat ALONE. Seriously.

Okay, I think I got my matchmaking working again. If you keep getting kicked out of the lobby, go to your memory settings, reset your hard drive's cache, and turn off your Xbox. Once it is powered down, take out the hard-drive and wait a minute. Put the hard-drive back into the machine and boot it up.

My system wouldn't let me do any matchmaking by booting me out of the lobby over and over again before the match started. After I did the above, I was able to play five straight games tonight after a week of disconnections.

Try it out and see if it works for you too.

Alright so by now most of us are probably beating a dead horse, but as a competitive gamer for many years I feel entitled to sharing my opinion even if everyone thinks I'm a moron.

I have to say that the biggest issue in every matchmaking game in every playlist is the amount of lag. I swear it continues to lag more and more every day, and now the numbers of people in matchmaking playlists appear to be shrinking. (At least over the last few days.) No Halo game has every lagged so consistently, in fact I've never played any game that lagged like this. (It is as bad as the last 8 ranks of Halo 2 matchmaking, which was literally nothing but cheaters, however could be avoided by playing plenty of other playlists.) I get off every time I play, after a few games, frustrated that I can't escape it. I have a great connection, and I don't lag in any other games I play. I was blaming it on cheaters at first because it would only happen when I played against 'high ranks' (jk fake ranking system lol) but now it seems to be apparent constantly. 343 you guys are going to lose everyone if you don't get it together.

I would like to add in that I hated the DMR and I loved the BR. Halo 2 was what started me wanting to compete online in every game, the BR was super overpowered in it and so after years of killing nerds with it, I understand that I am biased, so I don't expect it to ever be THAT good again. However it really makes me sad that when someone starts shooting me with a BR, I know they are going to lose. It is supposed to compete with the DMR at close-medium range, but the only time I feel it has any chance is at extreme close range. (If my target's head is bigger than my reticle, I can usually kill someone with the BR if they are using the DMR and they fired first.) I also want to add in that I love the DMR now, I use it almost every loadout. This might be simply because of how good it is, but I really don't find it overpowered considering every single person starts with it. It might just be too good at long range.

Every thing else seems fine. The complaints about things like hardlight and sentry seem silly to me, some weapons and abilities do well in spartan ops, not everything has to be good in multiplayer. Carbine seems worse in this game than it ever has, but I still use it in my spartan ops loadout. While I would love to see more maps, more weapon drops, better playlists, maybe a firefight option, and more than anything a solid and meaningful ranking system, the game is young, it will get better. That said I have cancelled my xbox live account for now. The game isn't worth playing with the lag, I'll try again in like a month.

To qualify my opinion (not game complaints): I played Halo 2 like a religion, my team ran into and beat the 5th and 8th best teams in the world (according to the last MLG ranking done for H2). I never cheated so 43 was as high a rank as I could get :(. Played Halo 3, and Halo: Reach, both seemed worse than the last. They were so bad I sold my xbox and got a PC. Played Bloodline Champions at around 90% win ratio, sold 2200 carries in World of Warcraft, played Guild Wars with some of the best tourney guilds out there. (Paradigm and their alt guild and a few others.) Played Blacklight briefly since it looks like all the boring shooters (CoD/Battlefield/every other shooter out there) but didn't really have a team. I played Tribes but was working/volunteering like 65 hours a week so I had to stop playing it. You can see my vids on my youtube channel. Halo 4 looked so good that I went and got a box and xbox live, new headset, got the game, and I have to say it is super fun when it isn't lagging. The maps are designed very well. The sound is fantastic. It was nerdgasmic seeing other Spartans react to the king of Spartans. (Kinda lame that no one freaked out when they saw him.) While I didn't really agree with the plotline, I have to say that it was very enjoyable, it looked and felt fantastic despite having so few new additions. (Battling hunters in a tiny room with the thruster pack was probably one of the most brilliant fight concepts in any Halo campaign.) The game still could be amazing, just gotta wait for it to get smoothed out.

Sorry for the wall of text.

I had a recent problem with the leveling up. I stopped receiving experience from the matchmaking/spartan ops games i played, so i can't level up. I haven't played any "cheating" game, I only played against random rivals I had never seen before, so there's no way 343 should think that I'm cheating. I level up pretty fast, that's true (from 42 to 48 in 24 hours), but never done it cheating. I also never received any message telling me I'm banned or anything, so I please want to know what the hell is going on.

I feel the same way. Having the same problems myself!!!!! NO CHEAT CODES NO XP DEW DOUBLE POINT CODES ! JUST STUCK SPINNING MY WHEELS! SMH

Anyone else with this problem!! Or can anyone help resolve this issue!!

Ok so today alone i've been sitting in matching making that has bounced between 16 active players in big team slayer only to have it drop by down to myself and start the process over several times. Aside from that i'll be in games that keep dropping connection several times in only a few seconds which results in several deaths on my part and losing kills. This is getting ridiculous guys please please do something.

Also please work on the collision detection for the Ghosts, because several times i've winged people only for them to survive and when I jump and move to the side I still get splattered.

2. Autosentry sucks in multiplayer, fix it.

All of the abilities suck in multiplayer

LAG!

That's the biggest issue. My other issues are:

1. Why can't I search for my own games? Create a server list similar to how Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Allow me to create a custom game where everyone on XBL can jump in and vise versa.

2. Don't limit smaller maps to only 4x4. On Regicide, a small map with 8x8 would be INSANE and soo much fun!

3. Speaking of maps, the voting system sucks. Everyone keeps voting for the same maps. More variety!

4. Where's Grifball?

5. Bring back Reach maps.

There are a few fairly consistent issues that I have noticed with the matchmaking in Halo 4. Most of which concern the "join a game already in progress" feature. If I start searching for a game, and it tosses me into a game that has already started, 9/10 times that game is red bar. Typically, I try to play through, but it is getting old. Most of the time, the connection is so bad, other players start dropping after a few minutes of play, then we sit at black screen over and over.

I completely understand why "join an existing game" was added - it almost guarantees a fully populated game, and you don't end up playing 4v1 and wasting 12 minutes in the process. However, the side effect is that most people quit out when the connection is bad, so when it fills that gap with a new player, that new player is stuck playing on a crappy host. I feel at times as though I spend WAY more time waiting at black screen for a host switch as I did in reach waiting for a game to start.

Just my two cents.

its not really an issue but more of a disappointment.. but the emblem ive been using since halo 2 is no longer available even after ranking up a bit. im at about level 41. is the phoenix on a shield still to be unlocked or is it just not available at all in this game? if its not available, why? ive heard a lot of people complaining of the same thing as well. any chance we can just bring back all the old emblems?

attatched is a screen shot that has my emblem from reach on the waypoint website, just for reference.

post-52513-0-22225700-1354931172_thumb.png