Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

Issues I have are these and they need to be fixed in my opinion.

DMR: It's a good weapon yes, but it has faster fire rate than the BR? Really? This makes the DMR over power other weapons to easily, even power weapons in some cases more so. It's fire rate needs toned down some, but not as much as to 'nerf' it to death. I love the DMR personally but I know when something needs tweaking.

Ordnance: Everyone getting power weapons? It makes the game so bs at times. Everyone getting ordnance constantly and the map making more camping, less fun and have all these power weapons just breaks the game. I am guilty of calling in ordnance tons of times and just killing people.. and getting more ordnance. I think of others when saying this, they don't have fun being killed like that and honestly, it's not fun killing people with power weapons like that either. What needs to be done is when you die, reset the ordnance meter or.. you only get ordnance once per game.

That's the only complaints I have and other than that, I am enjoying the game.

Round up of all the problems i've had felt needed raising

1.) Complex wall glitch, its just annoying, im sure everyones aware of this by now so will be patched soon

2.) XP limit, there is no need to punish those who wish to put more time into the game, and because of this limit people arent earning their monthly challenge XP either, im trying to hold back on completing that so it gets fixed, however im not so sure it will

3.) Playlists are very limited. What we have at the moment is fine for now, and i dont feel the need to rush out new ones right this second, though there are a few i feel that should have been on launch day such as assault (which to note isnt even in custom games). As well as variations on current playlists, for example team doubles, team objective, even griffball if need be for some variation.

4.) this one isnt such a huge issue, but concerned me as i had a great idea for a custom game type which doesn't work as a result of what i think is a bug. However, when a game of flood is set to 1 life only and only 1 flood begins, and is killed, the game doesnt end after their death. Which i cant understand why it would be.

These are all the ones on the top of my head but im sure more will arise as time goes on and exploits are found

Well, I've had problems with lagging and latency issues.

I've been experiencing things like my bolt shot failing to kill someone at point blank.

No sword lunging.

While running, my Spartan has gotten his rifle stuck in the position like I am running, and it's rather difficult to get it unstuck quickly.

People will melee beside me, or looking in a different direction and it kills me.

And the kill cam is a joke.

Oh, and for the Recon control setting, if you get Ordnance, its the same buttons as switching grenades. Kind of a big **** up on your guys part.

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but i'm pretty bummed out that the file sharing/browsing system doesn't work right now. I heard from a friend that they plan to fix it in an upcoming update; does anyone know when that will be taking place?

Why didn't the XP I got on offline didn't transfer to online in Halo 4?

Well you see, I started playing Halo 4 on a offline account. Then I got to Rank 50 and went on to the next specialization. And so then I decided to get live on that account and when I go play online it stills says I'm a level 1 with the recruit armor but I have all my unlocked armor and stuff but doesn't show it in the game and I can't rank up. Also I can't use my Loadouts. Help :/

Well you see, I started playing Halo 4 on a offline account. Then I got to Rank 50 and went on to the next specialization. And so then I decided to get live on that account and when I go play online it stills says I'm a level 1 with the recruit armor but I have all my unlocked armor and stuff but doesn't show it in the game and I can't rank up. Also I can't use my Loadouts. Help :/

It resets like that, so you don't boost an account and then make it online. It's just there so people don't get everything and then go online with everything unlocked in a week or two. It's also because you have to start fresh with your service record and there's not stats there to prove your rank.

im the complete oppisite, the BR is far better mid/close range but DMR is better long range, its balanced

sick of the lag in matchmaking, put in good conection searching allready, why'd you take it out ffs!

yea, its the same as reach, its to stop people hacking offline then going to online and having everything

My problem is when i do BTB or any team slayer game I can not hear the enemy team i see a option for my team/party and then everyone but when i do everyone it doesn't allow it I always loved sneaking up on a enemy hearing there plans and then relaying to my team so we could counter it. Aswell as the custom games that used this feature were amazing. The Skyrim game type in halo reach was just amazing I am really hoping this is a glitch thats going to be fixed soon.

• Like 1

Just came back to this thread and noticed all the member asking for 343i to fix many of the same things. Things like the wall Complex map glitch (which I will soon explain why it cannot be fixed), the DMR being overpowered (which I completely agree), the XP cap issue (which interestingly enough I have not run into yet) and many more things. But yet, we receive nothing from 343i themselves. Now I know they a very busy with Halo 4 just being released and all, but....could they not post a quick post that says something like:

"We 343i appreciate you concerns and queries, and we are working on as much as we can.

Thank you for your patience and support,

343i"

See? How hard would that be? Now keep in mind I am not trying to bash 343i, but just trying to make sure that they are hearing our voice as a community and not as a single person.

Anyways, as I had mentioned above about the complex map wall glitch....I do not think this is at all possible to fix. Let me first tell you that I have worked on and created video game levels/maps (including Halo Custom Edition maps) and from what I understand, things such as the Complex wall glitch are irreversible. This is because when a game company creates a map for a game (they are about to release), it is acutally coded into the games disc (such as a CD or DVD). This being the case, the Complex wall glitch may not even be able to be fixed because of the map being coded into the disc and not server based content. This might be different though if is were a DLC based map. Because you would be obtaining the map from a download (which is sort of a paid-for-update) and if this were the case then it might be fixable with a additional update for the said map. But not with Complex being a disc based map instead of a DLC base map.

I hope this will possibly clear up people asking about 343i fixing the Complex wall glitch, because from my understanding of map modeling....I just don't think they CAN fix such a issue. They probably WANT to, but realistically I don't think they can without re-releasing Halo 4 as another disc....meaning they would have to send every customer that ever bought Halo 4 another disc with a fixed Complex map.

I don't know if anyone else is having problems with the hitbox, or maybe the killcam is just faulty, but half the time I die its to someone aiming at a wall, or the floor, or god knows where but its not at me and their battle rifle still seems to hit anyways. Sticky grenades tend to fly through spartans half the time you chuck them as well. It's really annoying when you're aiming to the best of your ability and people can just spray and pray with their PRECISION weapons for free kills, and you can't even stick them without using both grenades because they'll just run right through the first one. More maps would be nice too, currently the only ones I enjoy are Complex and Adrift, and Adrift is the only good one for Flood because of the wall glitch that someone on page 1 mentioned. I know you have a few map packs planned, but with only 3 maps each the variety still isn't going to be incredibly amazing, what about a feature that highly liked player-created maps can get tossed into the fray? Or maybe you just map twice as many as your planning so that theres a huge variety like there was in Reach? My last problem is the AFGers. You don't give experience to people who quit, so people who don't have time to play just put down their controller and walk off. There should be an option to cast a kick vote with active team members, majority vote wins. And if someone gets kicked for going AFG, they can't rejoin War Games queue for 30 minutes on a stacking penalty. So if you continually get kicked within the same 24 hour time period it becomes 1 hour, then 90 minutes, then 2 hours and so forth. This would stop people from feeding the enemy players free assassinations.

/TLDR; Are precision weapons supposed to be spray and pray? If not, do they work like that or is the killcam just retarded? Also, why do stickies not stick properly to people's helmets? And can we get some more maps up in this game? Also; people who join a game and don't do anything need to be punished somehow.

Addendum:

Just came back to this thread and noticed all the member asking for 343i to fix many of the same things. Things like the wall Complex map glitch (which I will soon explain why it cannot be fixed), the DMR being overpowered (which I completely agree), the XP cap issue (which interestingly enough I have not run into yet) and many more things. But yet, we receive nothing from 343i themselves. Now I know they a very busy with Halo 4 just being released and all, but....could they not post a quick post that says something like:

"We 343i appreciate you concerns and queries, and we are working on as much as we can.

Thank you for your patience and support,

343i"

See? How hard would that be? Now keep in mind I am not trying to bash 343i, but just trying to make sure that they are hearing our voice as a community and not as a single person.

Anyways, as I had mentioned above about the complex map wall glitch....I do not think this is at all possible to fix. Let me first tell you that I have worked on and created video game levels/maps (including Halo Custom Edition maps) and from what I understand, things such as the Complex wall glitch are irreversible. This is because when a game company creates a map for a game (they are about to release), it is acutally coded into the games disc (such as a CD or DVD). This being the case, the Complex wall glitch may not even be able to be fixed because of the map being coded into the disc and not server based content. This might be different though if is were a DLC based map. Because you would be obtaining the map from a download (which is sort of a paid-for-update) and if this were the case then it might be fixable with a additional update for the said map. But not with Complex being a disc based map instead of a DLC base map.

I hope this will possibly clear up people asking about 343i fixing the Complex wall glitch, because from my understanding of map modeling....I just don't think they CAN fix such a issue. They probably WANT to, but realistically I don't think they can without re-releasing Halo 4 as another disc....meaning they would have to send every customer that ever bought Halo 4 another disc with a fixed Complex map.

Technically the map is like a DLC. All the multiplayer maps are unaccessable until you INSTALL disc 2, so you're downloading the maps from the disc. The problem is probably fixable with a simple map update.

Its not a problem with the game at all but as i am not bad at the game and quite a high rank some people in game get rather annoyed that i win alot and they keep fileing comaints about me and sending me angry/ threataning messages and i didnt have this issue on reach but it seems on halo 4 people hate me... I was wondering if there cluld be some sort of option to report these people further than i already have the power too.

Sup?

So, I was playing with a couple of friends on Complex the other day, tried for a Perfection so camped a lot with snipers, then my final kill is the last kill of the game and my 15th kill. I get running riot but no perfection. It is still 15 kills no deaths to get it right?

If so, the whole match is on my file share to back it up and a quick clip of the last kill at the end of the match to show the medals or lack thereof.

I checked my medals and my commendations and there's no record of it.

FAIL.

Any suggestions or help wba x

gt: Sintan Sultax

I would like to know why when I play with my roommate, in our college dorm room, Team SWAT usually only pairs us with a 2v3 or 3v3 and sometimes a 2v4 but never a 4v4. Is there a fault in the coding that it just looks for a total of 6 people and doesn't restrict on how many per team? With the exception when we do get a 4v4, 2 of our teams players usually leave during the voting map screen, it continues to load and does not look for another 2 players, thus starting the game 2v4.

Doesn't seem balanced properly... Help?

Thanks,

~Phil

My issues with Halo 4's MM:

1. No ranked playlists.

Everything is currenty social. Bring back social and competitive playlists. The ranked playlists are what made the multiplayer in the previous games so incredibly addicting. I could care less about these "points" that don't really mean anything besides a pat on the back. Please bring the rank back and make it visible in game. Don't just put it in Way Point.

Right now all rank shows is how much you play the game, which I think is lame. What makes you want to get any better if you just keep leveling up? And if I want to see how much you play the game, I can do that, and down to the exact second if I view your profile in MM.

For me if this doesn't change, I'll loose interest in the game. This one factor is why I've always liked the MM in Halo. It's why I've lost interest in other shooters and always come back to Halo. They had a great skill system and instead of improving on it, its just gone. This was incredibly disappointing for me.

None of the games I play keep me on the edge of my seat. I really miss that feeling.

2. No BTB objective play list!

Assault was by far my favorite BTB match up and its gone. So disappointed. Bring it back! Along with one flag, 2 flag, and territories. Please! I can't believe this was missing at launch. It's was standard with 2 and 3.

Those two issues are my biggest concerns. But I have more, lol

3. Number of playable Maps

343, first I want to say, I love your new additions, but right now it doesn't feel like there are enough maps. Easy solution, well from a design stand point, bring back the classics! I'd love to see maps like:

Lockout (Blackout) - my all time favorite

Beaver Creek

Ascension

Burial Mounds

Ivory Tower

Headlong

Relic

Sanctuary

Terminal

Turf

Zanzibar (Last resort) - my all time fave BTB map

Construct

Ghost Town

Guardian - miss this one! Reminds me of Lockout

High Ground - my favorite halo 3 map!

Snow Bound

The Pit

Standoff

Rats Nest

I really enjoyed those maps. I know I wrote a bunch of them, but those are all solid maps that any halo vet and newcomer should enjoy.

Even bringing back some maps from Reach would be cool.

4. Joining mid game.

This feature is awesome, but not for ranked playlists, which are missing... see #1!

5. Customizing MM search and Lag

Where did this feature go? I miss searching for matches with good connections... latley I've had lag in almost all my games. It doesn't last the whole match (sometimes it does), but I've noticed brief instances of lag and it's detrimental to gameplay. My Nat is open! I'm plugged in to the router and I have optimal settings, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I know its the first week, but I hope this issue disappears.

I could write more, but I think that covers the gist of it. I left gameplay out.

343 I want you to know I think this game is awesome! The first level blew me away and I like a lot of the changes. Halo 4 was off my radar because of Bungie getting acquired by Activision. But now I think the Halo franchise is in good hands. Listen to the fans and support the online community as much as bungie did and you will gain/keep quite a following!

Keep up the great work guys and gals! Its nice to have Master Chief back!

I see someones focused highly on Halo 3...

I have noticed that in SWAT, Snipers, and Big Team Battle, the player is able to shoot through walls. This is not helped by a extremely large hit box for head shots. I have also noticed things like being killed when the other payer is not looking, even in my general direction. Such as looking to the left,across half the map, and shooting, and it will kill me, even through walls. Please fix the hit detection, and shooting through walls.

• Like 2