Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

Why does Halo 4 match me up with people who are waaay higher level than me? When I first bought it, I was playing Big Team Battle and Slayer with noobs. I didn't really notice what level people were but they weren't very good. Now, I'm still only level 26 and I'm consistently being paired up with people who are level 70 and 80. Today, for instance, the closest person to my rank would still be like over ten ranks higher than me in a game of BTB. It's retarded.

Games are also ridiculously intense, especially considering the game just came out less than a month ago. It would rarely be this competitive in Reach BTB. So what is up with that? Does it match you based on your K/D ratio or something? Because mine is over 2 right now, mostly because in my first couple dozen matches I was facing total noobs and going like +15 every game.

is the halo 4 server down for everybody or is it just me. some friends on my list are able to play but i cant get into the actual match making or spartan ops. i am only getting the default playist and only 6 game variants. when i do get into a matchmade game and finish it i only get XP for game completion.

is anybody having this same issue or does anyone have a solution. please let me know

Being thrown into matchmaking games when they are 1 minute or 30 seconds from being over, and it being counted as a loss on your record? I join oddball/king of the hill/flag games in which are about to be over and there is nothing you can do about it other than take the loss or quit...

The join in game progress system needs to be fixed/altered. You should not be able to join a game when it is 100 to 0 of ball/hill time, or 4 to 0 flag score and the opposing team is about to score the 5th flag. You should not be thrown into a game before the game starts as a 3 v 5 and then have no one join in for the entire game, making it so that it is a 3 v 5 for the entire duration of the game.

Other than that, there should be no xp cap/limit. They also need to add more maps to matchmaking. All I ever see played are the same 4 maps, and Haven is pretty much the only good map. At least throw Impact or some other forge maps in there.

So every time I go to join a online game it says "The Halo 4 servers are not available. Please try again later. Matchmaking switched to using the default playlist."

I can still play matchmaking games but my levee has been reset to SR1 and I gain little to no exp. I also can't join friends games and can't play spartan ops at all.

I called Microsoft and they told me I have been put on a back up server and that I need to wait for you guys to fix my account. I've been waiting for 3 days now can you please let me know when your going to fix this problem.

I enjoy the game a lot but this is really an unacceptable problem many others are having the same issue and you guys haven't provided any solutions.

Thank you

ComradeJones

The maps! The maps just aren't doing it for me. I've spoken to all my fellow halo fan friends, and they all agree with me; bring back some maps from halo 3.

Specifically: Guardian, the Pit, Sandtrap, Rats Nest, Foundry, Construct, and Last Resort! I understand that Valhalla was a fan favorite, and it's great you guys brought it back. But that's quite a tease if you ask me. If you're going to bring back a great map from previous games, bring back more than one.

There are a bunch of glaring problems with Halo 4's matchmaking. These are simply my opinions. Feel free to post your opinion about my opinion. Lets start with maps.

There is a total of what... 8 maps in the game. There is no variety to them. You either get a massive vehicle based map made for big team or you get a semi large map made for 6v6. They made IMO, 1 map designed for 4v4 (Haven). I could go on and on about the maps and why I do not like them but my main issue with the maps in matchmaking is that you get 3 choices to vote from, thats it. None of the above didnt seem to cross 343's mind when building the game.

Weapons. Im not going to argue loadouts because I accepted that when they first announced it. I like that I can start with a BR whenever I want. Definately a plus. But some guns don't belong in matchmaking. The promethean pistol? Whoever invted that gun should be banned from Halo forever. You made a starting gun that people can sit around a corner with and 1 shot you with. Dumb. The registration in the game seems janky. Killcams lag and there isnt the same sort of team shooting aspect there was in Halo 3, mainly because the maps are gigantic.

Other problems:

Why don't I get a medal for a sniper headshot? Why take that out? I get a medal for a no scope now, which is cool. But If I get a no scope head shot I'll never know. There isnt even a place in the after game report that even shows me my number of head shots.( IE; Headshots: 7 ), I guess I have to browse my medals now to know. 343 added all these other medals and stupid voice overs for things you're doing in the game but no SNIPER HEAD SHOT MEDAL? That just shows me that they were not gearing this game to be competitive because 343 employees clearly arent competitive. MORE MAPS. I can't even download people maps. No explanation for that. That was a big selling point for me to buy this game. The ability to see some of my favorite maps from past Halo's. Narrows, the Pit, Ivory Tower, Guardian, Lockout .

I feel like 343 launched this game pre maturely. The game doesnt even allow you to vote for the map that you want to play because you only get 3 choices with no NONE OF THE ABOVE option. They changed so many things that didnt need to be changed. The matchmaking interface. The medals. The fact that in some playlists friendly fire is on and in others its off. That is stupid. Weapon mechanics, such as the sniper. When I get hit by another sniper I get this kick like somebody uppercutted me when I was firing. The game didn't need to be more like COD, it needed to be more like Halo. Halo 2 and 3 were the cream of the crop. The model of Halo 4 should have been the next page in that book. Not the next saga of a failed Halo:Reach Nexuiz COD hybrid.

Big team battle is a mess. Nothing but lag lag lag lag lag. I have yet to play one game where people aren't skipping around the map.

You get boarded way too easily, and you are stunned for far too long after you get boarded.

The DMR is way way way overpowered. I'm killed from across the map from people HIP FIRING the DMR, not even aiming down scope. It's more accurate hip firing with the DMR than it is shooting down scope with the Carbine or Light Rifle. The DMR wins almost every time. It definitely needs to be nerfed. The only ones who say it's fine are the people who ***** it and love killing those who dare use anything BUT the DMR. I've used the DMR and yes it is good, but it isn't balanced.

I'm getting really tired of getting the Saw in my ordinance drop, loading someone in the back only to have him turn around and killi me hip firing the DMR, all the while he's eating my Saw bullets. WTF?

• Like 1

Phantom melees! With the fish stick control scheme, which put the meele button at the right analog stick, i can be tracking a player, pull the trigger and throw an elbow. Scoped in or not. I have lost countless conformations because of this. I know that im not "clicking" the f@#king stick in, GIVE ME A PROPER BOXER CONTROL SCHEME!

First off I just want to state that I love what you guys did with Halo 4. One issue I have though is the inability to do something about people who troll games (at least none that I know of). I know that theres a boot option if people betray you, but that doesnt always come up so sometimes someone will kill you once obviously on purpose in a critical time making you lose the game, and other times they will just hit you but not kill you or beat up the vehicle you are in. It bugs me that there is no way to report cases like this to help weed out people who ruin the game experience for others. Maybe a punishment like a temp ban from matchmaking? Eitherway, for some ideas I recommend looking at League of Legends. I constantly find myself being drawn to the game just because of its awesome community. The reason for that is an effective ban/punishment system for people who ruin the game for others as well as an incentive system for being a fun/nice/helpful player, and League is a free to play game so I doubt its something that's expensive either. Sure you run into a few jerks here and there, but you run into them less often and you can actually do something about them. I hope you guys can think of something, as it ruins my gaming experience to have these things happen to me. I love what you are doing with Halo 4 however and hope you keep up the good work and maybe look into this issue (I know im most definitely not the first one to say something about this but I figured it's best to at least get my opinion out there). Thanks again!

some glitches mostly warping,and flood mode picks my armor ability for me sometimes...but my biggest concern is the ranking system i have been stuck at level 70 for days and its driving my crazy all i want to do is play your amazing game and i cant gain xp or anything from it so i stopped as like many of our fellow halo fans....thank you 343 industries for this awsome game! so release if you release the specs you will make a true halo fan happy. thank you

I had a recent problem with the leveling up. I stopped receiving experience from the matchmaking/spartan ops games i played, so i can't level up. I haven't played any "cheating" game, I only played against random rivals I had never seen before, so there's no way 343 should think that I'm cheating. I level up pretty fast, that's true (from 42 to 48 in 24 hours), but never done it cheating. I also never received any message telling me I'm banned or anything, so I please want to know what the hell is going on.

• Like 1

The rent is too damn high!

Just kidding. I want to start by saying Ive played halo since CE, thought Halo 3 was the most balanced competetive multiplayer Ive ever played (it was a masterpiece). It was simple, it had a slow pace that better allowed controlled tactical fireing allowing for the most awarding feeling when you get an Overkill or Extermination, than just spraying and praying. Then Reach came out. It was good, but I lost interest quickly as I wasnt quite comfortable with some of the changes, such as the new Armor Abilities and the progression system.

The first week of Halo 4, I loved it. Its polished, refined with good looks (IMO the best looking Halo game yet) and bringing back that balanced feeling from Halo 3. Armor Abilities are still in but I was ok with that. But from them to now as I write this, its becoming frustrating due to a lack of certain things that are definitely needed. I played a few games just a few minutes ago before Im writing this and Im only starting to cool of from some of the worst gamer rage in a while (my girlfriend sleeping got pissed off at me for screaming in the other room at the game).

Now Ive been reading this thread and Im going to bring up the same issues others have brought up as I agree with them:

1) What seperated Halo 3 from Call of Duty was Halo's ranking system and true-skill match making. Pitting you against players with the same skill level you are in accordance to rank (1-50), instead of matching you up with random players that are a higher skill level than you are and/or joining mid-game regardless of rank which only reflects how much you've played the game instead of skill level like Call of Duty was.This has been said many many many many times by other players. We need Ranked and Social playlists and bring back the true-skill match making. I'm getting really sick of being pitted against higher skilled players. I had a decent 1.5 K/D and faired pretty well and now Im getting my ass kicked in every game that Ive played for the past few days where the players in the lobby are a mishmash of high and low skilled players and with the luck Ive been having, I get teamed with the players who dont have a damn clue, often I feel like im the only one working towards the objective and never backed up against a skilled team and I end up getting my ass handed to me.

2) I have an issue with a certain weapon that many feel is overpowered and in a video posted in this thread shows that it is the most dominant of loadout weapons because it takes the least time to kill somebody (1.6 seconds firing 5 shots) vs other guns like the BR (1.8 seconds firing 5 shots) and it has rediculous range and accuracy. Im talking of course about the DMR. Another thing that made Halo 3 so good was that it had closer muzzle to muzzle fighting and close quarters combat, back then the BR and the AR was perfect. Now in Halo 4, instead of spartans moving across the map into the opposing team like it used to, its become long range firefights from behind rocks and people are camping. This is most evident in Ragnorok in BTB. Hardly anyone leaves the base and the ones who do only skirt the walls of the map (the pelican and the forerunner wall), nobody dare fights on the hill or move anywhere near it anymore (which made valhalla back in Halo 3 awesome as both teams often clashed in the middle hill). Balance the DMR, its been said many times before and its obvious that the concensus is that the gun is overpowered. Maybe the range can be toned down or the fireing rate slowed to match the BR.

Thats all I have to say. Halo 4 is a great game, but if these two issues arent addressed, it wont be long till I (and others) lose interest in Halo 4 like I did with Reach.

DMR vs BR 1 vs 1 Accuracy

DMR has a widening bloom and is effective at medium-long to long range... closer ranges you have to pace shots to land them.

BR has set spread and is effective at close to medium range... at further ranges the spread makes it hard to hit all 3 rounds, but 1 or 2 will normally make it.

Both weapons function well at medium range, with DMR taking long range and BR at close.

Problem is that at medium range and some closer ranges... you cant win a DMR vs BR because the BR can fire at full rate and hit all shots accuratly... DMR has to pace shots and therefore shoot slower and loses.... this is a big NO NO.

both guns should have the same accuracy at medium range... someone used to the DMR who normally paces shots from playing hours of reach shouldnt lose to a quicker shot because the other player does have to worry about spread...

Solution. make the BR a slight bit less accurate and make it so each shot of the BR (3 shots in a burst) is equal to 1/3 of a dmr shot. and instigate a stronger sheild gate... currently the BR can take out a person with low sheilds in one shot... while the DMR must use 1 shot to knock out sheilds and another to headshot.

DMR vs BR SWAT

Plain and simple make the BR two shot to head to kill. currently you can take out multiple people with one burst from the BR because of the spread and the 1 hit wonder headshot. the DMR has to hit the head and worry about the bloom. Un fair.

Summery problem:

BR has no variable accuracy thus can fire full rate no worries and 1 hits to head even when 3 shots should equal 1 DMR shot.

DMR has variable accuracy and has to pace shots thus slowing the fire rate. and when VSing a low sheild opponet must use 2 shots to get through the sheild gate... while the Br can fire 1 burst and take out sheilds with 2 shots and kill with last one.

Summery solution:

ADD BR spread / reduce accuracy at range.

Increae DMR sheild gate penetration / decrease BR sheild gate penetration.

Terms: Sheild gate: 10% sheilds take a 15% damage hit... so normaly would inflict 5% to health... a sheild gate make it so any excess damage is 0% and another damage infliction must inccur health loss.

EX: player has 12 sheilds and 9 hp... DMR does 3 Damage... BR does 1 per shot (3 shots = 2 damage) Head shots are instant kill, so statisticly damage is equal.

EX: With sheild gate...... 2 Players are hit with granade and now have 2 sheilds. player 1 is shot in the head with a DMR and now has 0 sheilds and all HP, second shot is fired and now player is dead. Player 2 is shot in the head with a BR, first two rounds of the burst knock out sheilds, last round kills.

EX: Without sheild gate.... player 1 is hit with DMR and sheilds are knocked out and player dies... 2 sheild + HP = 3 damage shot. Player 2 is hit with BR and sheilds are knocked out and player dies... 2 sheild + HP = 1 damage + 1 damage + 1 damage.

BR vs DMR... BR wins..... not fair... should be a tie.

Honestly fix the ******* booting system, ********* it's never even been correct since halo 3 has it? Every ******* time I get killed by teammates so they take my sniper or any power weapon and I never get the booting screen. Then if I do the same back they always boot me. FIX THE ******* BOOTING ******* ******* RETARD SYSTEM. :realmad:

I probably sound stupid for saying this and no one is gunna read this but, the assualt rifle is useless. It's only effective at shotgun distance against the dmr and battle rifle and even the the shotgun and boltshot are good at shotgun ranges due to obvious reasons, pretty much redering it useless in all areas.