Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

Not really sure if it's a issue, but something needs to fix this. I've played Big Team Battle for 20-30 matches the past two days (and possibly longer, can't remember) and every single match has been Ragnarok or Exile. I'm not exaggerating, every single match has. I can't remember the last time I played a different map. Please fix the voting system to where it at least goes one round without Ragnarok or Exile being options every now and then.

I think it's ridiculous that Rumple Pit playlist has been removed! That was the playlist I mostly spent time in with Halo 3 and Reach...It doesn't make any sense for a shooter game not to have a Free-for-all slayer playlist!

Second, what's with the limited map rotation? Why aren't the forge maps included in the team slayer and big team playlists? I've had the game for a week and I'm honestly sick of seeing the same 4 maps.

Halo Reach had an option where you could search for games with Good Connection only. Why was this removed? Bring it back!

It's stupid for me and my friends to have to create custom games in order to have a free-for-all slayer game on forge maps!

Hi i'm from the Uk and I have unlocked all of the Raider armour and unlocked all the therminals but on the Halo 4 career page in the Spartan Hub it says i can not earn any more Commendations as it can't get the Halo 4 server. But i can still play online as a level 1 Spartan IV but i am indeed a level 34 Spartan IV i need help as i can not earn any more XP at the moment.

Further more it says i have not played Halo 4 at all on Halo Waypoint but I have had this game since the day of release and played the game and completed it on legendary, but it says i have not completed 3 levels on Legendary but I have the legendary Achievement for completing it on my own.

These my be easy to fix but it has ruined my experience with Halo 4 so please fix these problems or tell me how to do it thank you

When i go to play war games, it finds players and it lets me vote on the map. But when it goes to start the game, it kicks me out and reverts me back to the search screen and automatically restarts my search. My NAT is open, i have the right ports forwarded and i have a static ip but the issue still continues. What is wrong????? PLEASE HELP. Any help is appreciated.

my problems are

1.) no unsc flying vehicle

2.) forging is VERY small

3.) in halo reach they made maps with the forge objects. Halo 4 only has plain maps this may not be clear so heres an example. halo reach made asylum with the forge objects and in halo 4 nothing in multiplayer is like that.

request a custom-games gametype were people can join other peoples custom games randomly or from a list and the host of the game created the title

PLEASE LET US LOWER OUR GUNS ONLINE

my problems are

1.) no unsc flying vehicle

2.) forging is VERY small

3.) in halo reach they made maps with the forge objects. Halo 4 only has plain maps this may not be clear so heres an example. halo reach made asylum with the forge objects and in halo 4 nothing in multiplayer is like that.

request a custom-games gametype were people can join other peoples custom games randomly or from a list and the host of the game created the title

PLEASE LET US LOWER OUR GUNS ONLINE

For some reason everyday after i play a couple of games i go back to the voting screen for the next match instead of watching my guy get xp from the last game. I check my total xp and i do not get any xp for the last game and every game after that. I also got the dmr master challenge one game and it did not give me any xp for the challenge or the game. I do not think i am hitting the daily xp limit because i have never got a message saying that i hit the limit please help i do not know what to do.

There aren't any weapons on the map.. Halo multiplayer officially sucks!

How about you elaborate a little bit on that huge blanket statement?

-If you are upset that you cannot time your rocket respawn and camp there, your frustration pleases me.

-There are weapons on the map. Have you even played the game?

-If you want power weapons, play well and get your ordy drops ;)

Quitting = Matchmaking delay of 1 hour, no searching of matchmaking for 1 hour after a quit :)

This is a little harsh, don't you think?

It may have been sarcasm on your part, but that isn't clear.

I often play split-screen matchmaking and if I am unlucky enough to get Complex, I quit immediately after entering the game due to intense frame-rate drop, making the game virtually unplayable (at least in any competitive sense)

I would hate to have to wait a whole hour just to play again due to circumstances like this.

People can join your game mid-match. So basically I don't see a problem here.

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG...

Need I say more?

Probably... You want more lag or less?

It seems that in Spartan Ops there is a significant delay in jumping, grenade throwing, and gun firing on the screen, even though my movement is fine and without any delay. I'm not sure what the problem may be but I hope 343 can fix this also.

I believe it's connectivity lag.

The reason I believe it's lag is because infrequently (maybe 1/20 Spartan Ops matches)

I will have no delay. With the majority having about a 200-500+ms delay after pressing a button.

Edit: Ok I think I missed a small but significant point... I believe when you have no movement delay, you are the host of that game. Why movement doesn't lag and actions do? No clue...

The two examples that pissed me off were on Ragnarok where a guy shot all around me and I died in a few shots like he hit my head. The next one was a shotgun that killed me when the outside of the reticle was on my arm and I had full shield strength.

This is latency pure and simple. The delay between what he does and when it happens to you. It's unavoidable (unless you're playing offline) and it's in every online fps game, unfortunately.

Why did they reduce the probability of Haven coming out in Team Slayer and Team SWAT? It seems that it's (was) the most played map, but I don't see why reduce the probability, as that was the same with other maps. The difference is that Haven doesn't suck like the other maps.

I mean why should they care if players want to play a specific map? Explain.

The difference is that Haven doesn't suck like the other maps.

I mean why should they care if players want to play a specific map? Explain.

Adrift is my favorite map on Infinity Slayer.

But I agree that Haven is best for SWAT.

Maybe other people would rather have other maps, but they're always outvoted.

I know its annoying for me to have Haven and Adrift both show up in 5 occasions one after the other, only to have Haven be chosen everytime.

kill cams...I hate them. when I am shown them, nine times out of ten it was a drawn out firefight, so I know how I was killed, or I saw the sniper take the shot, etc. I find them to be completely worthless. Skipping them by hitting X also makes it impossible to change my loadout if I need to...In short I'd like to see a menu option to disable kill cams.

Also, if you try to assasinate a person that is on a higher elecation than you, but not in the air - like higher than you on a ramp - you start the animation, then stop, the other character being forced forward a step. I'm usually doubled melee'd immediately afterward.

Adrift is my favorite map on Infinity Slayer.

But I agree that Haven is best for SWAT.

Maybe other people would rather have other maps, but they're always outvoted.

I know its annoying for me to have Haven and Adrift both show up in 5 occasions one after the other, only to have Haven be chosen everytime.

Yeah but I'm thinking about what should think 343. If Haven is always outvoted, it means that the MAJORITY of the players is happy with playing that map. As a developer you must (it's quite intuitive) try to please the majority of the users... I don't see why reduce Haven. I would really like a reply by someone in 343.

Get rid of instant respawn, joining in progress (or give us settings for us to change it so we don't join in progress), killcams are so messed up, there is no point.

what do you mean... there is join in progress in halo...

that truthfully defeats the whole point of working with your team during the ******* games 8|

Instant re-spawning could be problematic because gaps in re-spawning allow your team time to settle down, shield regain, coordinate.etc. not sure if good thing

kill cams...I hate them. when I am shown them, nine times out of ten it was a drawn out firefight, so I know how I was killed, or I saw the sniper take the shot, etc. I find them to be completely worthless. Skipping them by hitting X also makes it impossible to change my loadout if I need to...In short I'd like to see a menu option to disable kill cams.

Also, if you try to assasinate a person that is on a higher elecation than you, but not in the air - like higher than you on a ramp - you start the animation, then stop, the other character being forced forward a step. I'm usually doubled melee'd immediately afterward.

Killcams give away map position in Halo and therefore should be removed.

Seriously having a Killcam in Halo is like shooting yourself in the foot if you are trying to make the game competitive. If I was playing on my 50 account and always knew where there players were I'd just shout throw nades on [where the sniper was] and bang, power weapon down map control reinstated for the team without having to do any real work.

Did 343 have the matchmaking designed by COD players or squirrels, or both?

I reached level 70 and haven't not received my access code for the other specializations. I heard if you played halo 4 online by Nov. 20th you would get a e-mail with a code for the other ones. Whether or not this is true i have no clue but was wondering if there is going to be e-mails sent out soon because it's less exciting when there is nothing to work towards and you get no more XP.

I'm frustrated to no end with jumping into a game where I can't communicate with my team because the connections are such that they jump all over the map or I do. I check my speed and I'm running 20/2 up/down. You can't tell me it's my connection. That connection works flawlessly on every other game I own. The piss poor connectivity is truly the only thing that bothers me. I know maps are coming out, but you could have release more from the get-go.

Another point along the same lines is that I miss the options from previous Halo games. I'd rather wait an extra few seconds and get into a game with people that have better connections than get dropped into a lag fest because we are trying to have an international orgy online. It's ridiculous.

So much good in this game. Likewise, so much room for improvement.

I randomly stopped getting XP. So I thought it was the stupid cap that needs to be removed, and came back the next day. But im still not getting XP. Ive done nothing wrong to get an XP bann. What the heck is happening?

Are you already level 50?

Quitting = Matchmaking delay of 1 hour, no searching of matchmaking for 1 hour after a quit :)

YES. Also for people who don't get any points during a match. If you're active at all you at least get assists or distractions, but people who just sit there tend to not get anything, but then they get XP because they didn't "Quit"

People like that should be penalized just like the quitters. No XP, no joining the queue.