The Weekly Site Poll 53 - Favorite Halo Quotes

I_Make_Big_Boom

l4T02BI.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :)

Poll 52 - 'Playthroughs & Recommendations' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

This week we reminisce about unforgettable exposition from a series rife with it...

F7Fkr4U.png

What are your favorite quotes, or lines of text from the Halo series?

The next Weekly Site Poll will be posted whenever, maybe. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

SD, out!  :split:
  • Like 2

My signature- which has never been removed in all 5 years of my time here (but censored when the the word was put into the blacklist)- is my favorite quote and I use this same quote as my signature across almost all the other Halo sites I'm a member on. It's Sergeant Forge's parting words to the Arbiter Ripa 'Moramee after their last awesome fight where Forge is victorious. 

Another one that I've always loved and is a clear second place is when Master Chief says, "I need a weapon," in Halo 2.

And then anything the Gravemind says is fantastic. 

• Like 3

Pretty much anything Johnson said, but here's some highlights:

"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a-***** machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am I right, Marines?" 

"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-shmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon - and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you're one very lucky Marine!"

"Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is sixty-six tons of straight up, H-E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me Cupid!"

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The ending cut-scene for "Cairo Station" AKA "Return to Sender" in Halo 2 will always be my favorite: 

MK: "Cairo, this is In Amber Clad...the Carrier's shield is down! I'm in position, and ready for immediate assault!"

LH: "Negative Commander. Not against a ship that size. Not on your own."

MC: "Sir. Permission to leave the station."

LH: "For what purpose, Master Chief?"

MC: "To give the Covenant back their bomb."

LH: "Permission granted."

Also, Cortanas finest line of dialogue, in my opinion:

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it."

Edited by Mr Cuddle Kittens
  • Like 5