UNSC Buffalo, 343 PLEASE READ!!!!!

Fail Master

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be a good vehicle? (ignoring game types)

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (please spectify in comments below)
  2. 2. What gametypes should this be used in?

• Campaign only
    • Forge/custom games only
    • Campaign and forge and custom games
    • Firefight and campaign
    • All exept Matchmaking
    • All, including matchmaking
  3. 3. If usable in matchamking, what playlists???

• All
    • Invasion
    • Big Team Battle
    • Team Slayer
    • Squad Slayer
    • Team Objective
    • Other (please specify in the comments below)

go on google sketchup, click on the 'file' button, scroll down to 3D Warehouse and search 'UNSC Buffalo'

if you dont have sketchup type in google and type the same thing (UNSC Buffalo) click the first option and feast your eyes....

This is pretty much the UNSC version of a scarab and would be awsome to see this as a playable feature in either Multiplayer, campaing, forge or custom games

GOOD FOR:

INVASION GAMETYPES

BTB GAMETYPES

WOULD HAVE ISSUES WITH:

KILLING THE THING

MOBILITY OF THE THING

ETC

ASSUMING BY THE PICS:

CAN CHANGE INTO A TRACKED TYPE VEHICLE (LIKLE A MASIVE ELEPHANT)

HAS ANTI-AIR AND ANTI-GRAOUND WEAPONS

HAS A VEHICLE BAY IN THE REAR

343 pleas look and take note that this would be a brilliant game addition, even if it is only avaible in campaign and forge/custom games

EDIT: POLL ADDED

That thing looks like it would own! If anything I would say campaign only as it seems just too epic for anything else. If it was in mm, i would say use it for invasion or btb.

exactly what i tthought, although i also said we could use it in forge and custom games to for people to experiment with it etc

i think it would be cool but for this to work 343i would have to up the scale of battle immensely. like battlefield-type big. but there will probably be forerunner enemies (or friends) so we should see some of their vehicles.

This is essentially a UNSC Scarab. Completely ignoring all posts except for first two OP, I love the idea. I'm writing this shiznits down and we FINALLY HAVE A BALANCE FOR THE SCARAB FIGHT!!!!!!! THANK YOU!

EDIT: I voted for "other" on the third option. In my mind today I came up with what may be the GREATEST thing of all TIME!

ANd you made it.... literally.... a billion times better.

Ready? Scarabfights. We demand that 343 allow us to pilot a Scarab. BUT. It would be extremely op in MM, SO! we had to create a 'custom' gametype that would be as follows:

Two teams (originally all Elites, please wait I'll explain later)

One pilot, obviously drives the Scarab

One gunner, operates the turret atop the scarab

One eyepiece, creative name for the biznatch that firez the laza!!!!!!!!

Several (I want to say at least 4) turret operators for the side turrets

Two to three guards protecting the big... uhh... thingey.... that you had to shoot in H3 to blow up the scarab.

Two sets of this, for EOU, let's call them... Red... and Blue, Okay?

The Scarab stands next to the platform, the people spawn in, and go get in their positions.

Oh crap did I mention two people to pilot other vehicles, probably banshees? Yeah, those.

Those guys get in their banshees. The object is for them to fight it out and destroy the other team's Scarab.

BUT NOW!!!!!!

It doesn't have to be Elite VS Elite (Or Cov on Cov)

With this "Buffalo" it could be that the same team, of Spartans, pilots and operates the UNSC version of this and that could be it's own gametype!

Brining factionfights to this veritable Scarabfight.

THANK YOU

This is essentially a UNSC Scarab. Completely ignoring all posts except for first two OP, I love the idea. I'm writing this shiznits down and we FINALLY HAVE A BALANCE FOR THE SCARAB FIGHT!!!!!!! THANK YOU!

EDIT: I voted for "other" on the third option. In my mind today I came up with what may be the GREATEST thing of all TIME!

ANd you made it.... literally.... a billion times better.

Ready? Scarabfights. We demand that 343 allow us to pilot a Scarab. BUT. It would be extremely op in MM, SO! we had to create a 'custom' gametype that would be as follows:

Two teams (originally all Elites, please wait I'll explain later)

One pilot, obviously drives the Scarab

One gunner, operates the turret atop the scarab

One eyepiece, creative name for the biznatch that firez the laza!!!!!!!!

Several (I want to say at least 4) turret operators for the side turrets

Two to three guards protecting the big... uhh... thingey.... that you had to shoot in H3 to blow up the scarab.

Two sets of this, for EOU, let's call them... Red... and Blue, Okay?

The Scarab stands next to the platform, the people spawn in, and go get in their positions.

Oh crap did I mention two people to pilot other vehicles, probably banshees? Yeah, those.

Those guys get in their banshees. The object is for them to fight it out and destroy the other team's Scarab.

BUT NOW!!!!!!

It doesn't have to be Elite VS Elite (Or Cov on Cov)

With this "Buffalo" it could be that the same team, of Spartans, pilots and operates the UNSC version of this and that could be it's own gametype!

Brining factionfights to this veritable Scarabfight.

THANK YOU

brilliant idea, and one that even i didn't come up with !!! lol

It would have to be called something else though, maybe 'Crawler Wars', this would fit 'cuz they do just crawl over stuff pretty much

I honestly don't know. There's kind of a reason only the Covenant had such a beast-mobile and the UNSC didn't. The Covenant have had ages to develop such a monstrosity as the Scarab, and they've always been offense-oriented, which means the UNSC has always had to go on the defensive. That's the thing, Covenant and UNSC weapons/vehicles/equipment/etc can be similar in some ways, but there's always a fundamental difference between the similar objects, something that makes them better than the other in certain situations. Remember, humans are adaptive, innovative, creative. The Covenant simply absorb the existing tech of the species they conquer, they simply stay the same, nothing new.

If the UNSC is to create something reminiscent of the Scarab, something similar to a human transport base vehicular manslaughter monster thing, then it should be a kind of monster upgrade to the existing Elephant! I know people had mixed feelings about it, but the concept is a step in the right direction. The Scarab was a monster in and of itself, requiring maybe a dozen to make it work well for gameplay (although Johnson worked it fine by himself). The Elephant had a driver and a single exposed gunner. Given some human ingenuity and elbow grease, it could be so much more! Keeping the concept, a mobile base, just scale it up to give it the value of a Scarab! Give it Grizzly armor, 4-ish turrets, a small flight deck for a Falcon and a Hornet or something, a vehicle bay big enough to hold a Scorpion and a Warthog and a Mongoose, and a radio to call in ODST's from orbit!

This way, it's not a copy of the Scarab. Its firepower and longevity and usefulness will be equivalent, but it will be as defensive and BA as the Scarab is offensive and BA, you know? I know this isn't perfect, but leave the copying to the Covenant.

dude, way to much text and alot that didn't make much sence...

anyway, this would be a type of defensive vehicle ( the anti-air turrts on the top would be used to defend a base from air attacks), just it could be used just as well for offencive objectives too. In my eyes its more of an all-rounder, much simmilar to the scarab, exept improve alot. as you said the covvi only absorb new techs and dont bother improving their own or the stuff they just taken over where as the UNSC will invent their own, new, technologies, this being a new, improved version of a scarab.

I honestly don't know. There's kind of a reason only the Covenant had such a beast-mobile and the UNSC didn't. The Covenant have had ages to develop such a monstrosity as the Scarab, and they've always been offense-oriented, which means the UNSC has always had to go on the defensive. That's the thing, Covenant and UNSC weapons/vehicles/equipment/etc can be similar in some ways, but there's always a fundamental difference between the similar objects, something that makes them better than the other in certain situations. Remember, humans are adaptive, innovative, creative. The Covenant simply absorb the existing tech of the species they conquer, they simply stay the same, nothing new.

If the UNSC is to create something reminiscent of the Scarab, something similar to a human transport base vehicular manslaughter monster thing, then it should be a kind of monster upgrade to the existing Elephant! I know people had mixed feelings about it, but the concept is a step in the right direction. The Scarab was a monster in and of itself, requiring maybe a dozen to make it work well for gameplay (although Johnson worked it fine by himself). The Elephant had a driver and a single exposed gunner. Given some human ingenuity and elbow grease, it could be so much more! Keeping the concept, a mobile base, just scale it up to give it the value of a Scarab! Give it Grizzly armor, 4-ish turrets, a small flight deck for a Falcon and a Hornet or something, a vehicle bay big enough to hold a Scorpion and a Warthog and a Mongoose, and a radio to call in ODST's from orbit!

This way, it's not a copy of the Scarab. Its firepower and longevity and usefulness will be equivalent, but it will be as defensive and BA as the Scarab is offensive and BA, you know? I know this isn't perfect, but leave the copying to the Covenant.

This is what I was thinking as well. Rather than an equivalent, just make an upgraded Elephant. I'd actually say something similar to the design the OP posted, but how it shows the legs fold up (because of the treads on the feet), just make the folded up position it's permanent position. Don't make it a crawler, make it a larger version of the Elephant. I have some ideas on how to make it work, and still be realistically doable in Halo 4:

1.) A main gun. Perhaps similar to the Rocket Hog's from Reach, but with full powered rockets rather than the weakened ones the Hog has, a larger salvo (around 16), and a much longer reload time. Also, this would be on the top of the vehicle so it can have a 360 degree view radius. This leads me to my next idea;

2.) A control room. A small, yet decent size room for holding out, controlling the vehicle, and operating the main gun. Think along the lines of the Scarab interior from Halo 2.

3.) A vehicle bay. A small room located in the back of the ship, about 4 units wide. What I mean by this is: wide enough to hold 4 small vehicles (Mongoose, possible Motorcycle?), *OR* 2 medium vehicles (Warthog, Forklift, Civilian car), *OR* 1 large vehicle (Scorpion).

4.) A landing pad. A pad on the top for a Falcon or Hornet to land on. This will have to be put somewhere out of the way of the main gun so that it doesn't block the line of fire, my idea is a circular hole cut in the top of the roof and a small room inside the Buffalo you would land in, with a reamp that leads up to the roof.

5.) Turret "slots". I had an idea for what I like to call turret slots. These are circular rings on 3 places of the vehicle (two on the front of the roof's left and right sides, and 1 on the back above the vehicle bay). These rings are where the turrets would go (Machine gun, Gauss, or Rocket), and the ones of your choosing could be placed in forge. If the vehicle was in campaign, the turrets would be pre-decided, most likely machine guns on the front 2, and a gauss on the back.

I think with these qualities a vehicle such as this would actually work pretty well in multiplayer, so long as they're used on a fitting variant such as Invasion, or possibly BTB. I also think they would make for a kick-ass Campaign segment. Now, even if 343 doesn't put them in Multiplayer, it would still be nice to see them in Forge, so the players can experiment with them, and craft a variant where they would work. Hell, if they would've left the Elephant in Reach's forge there's not a doubt in my mind we'd have some pretty awesome Elephant-oriented Invasion maps by now. Now, think about the vehicle I just described, and imagine what the community could do with it...

This is what I was thinking as well. Rather than an equivalent, just make an upgraded Elephant. I'd actually say something similar to the design the OP posted, but how it shows the legs fold up (because of the treads on the feet), just make the folded up position it's permanent position. Don't make it a crawler, make it a larger version of the Elephant. I have some ideas on how to make it work, and still be realistically doable in Halo 4:

1.) A main gun. Perhaps similar to the Rocket Hog's from Reach, but with full powered rockets rather than the weakened ones the Hog has, a larger salvo (around 16), and a much longer reload time. Also, this would be on the top of the vehicle so it can have a 360 degree view radius. This leads me to my next idea;

2.) A control room. A small, yet decent size room for holding out, controlling the vehicle, and operating the main gun. Think along the lines of the Scarab interior from Halo 2.

3.) A vehicle bay. A small room located in the back of the ship, about 4 units wide. What I mean by this is: wide enough to hold 4 small vehicles (Mongoose, possible Motorcycle?), *OR* 2 medium vehicles (Warthog, Forklift, Civilian car), *OR* 1 large vehicle (Scorpion).

4.) A landing pad. A pad on the top for a Falcon or Hornet to land on. This will have to be put somewhere out of the way of the main gun so that it doesn't block the line of fire, my idea is a circular hole cut in the top of the roof and a small room inside the Buffalo you would land in, with a reamp that leads up to the roof.

5.) Turret "slots". I had an idea for what I like to call turret slots. These are circular rings on 3 places of the vehicle (two on the front of the roof's left and right sides, and 1 on the back above the vehicle bay). These rings are where the turrets would go (Machine gun, Gauss, or Rocket), and the ones of your choosing could be placed in forge. If the vehicle was in campaign, the turrets would be pre-decided, most likely machine guns on the front 2, and a gauss on the back.

I think with these qualities a vehicle such as this would actually work pretty well in multiplayer, so long as they're used on a fitting variant such as Invasion, or possibly BTB. I also think they would make for a kick-ass Campaign segment. Now, even if 343 doesn't put them in Multiplayer, it would still be nice to see them in Forge, so the players can experiment with them, and craft a variant where they would work. Hell, if they would've left the Elephant in Reach's forge there's not a doubt in my mind we'd have some pretty awesome Elephant-oriented Invasion maps by now. Now, think about the vehicle I just described, and imagine what the community could do with it...

then again imagine what the comuntity could do with my 'Buffalo'.

good ideas but the buffalo was made to equal the scarab, and an upgraded elephant just would not cut it.

Although i can see what you say about it 'folding' up into an elephant. I actualy put this on a post on another site describing it in full, and the 'folded' setting on it was equivilant to a shut down or idle mode for getting into the vehicle, when it has sustained enough damage and for when it has be told to shut down to prevent further dammag.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it looks like it may be a bit overpowered. Then again I am just basing my opinion off a drawing but if it were in the game I would say to keep it out of matchmaking.

The idea was to have it in matchmaking BUT only for BTB or invation, that way there would be a large enough attacking force to overcome the defences. it could also play a part as an 'objective' in Invation.

It would also be usably in campaign, forge and custom games

• 2 months later...

I think it should be in the middle of map and the teams would have to fight for control. Operating it should require teamwork too like the Warthog

yes, that what i was thinking, Driver, Gunner (air), Gunner (land) and then 4 optional leg turrets,

i posted the leg turet idea along time ago, basicly on eaach leg is a little ball like the turrets on the ww2 lancaster bomber. these are initialy turrets, but at the press of a button ( ( b ) ?) it pops out into a little car thing like this : (http://www.google.co...=1t:429,r:1,s:0)

this would have guns like the shade turrets but is mobile.