What the community doesn't like in Halo 4.

Quantumizer

- 90% of all games are only between Complex, Adrift, Abandon and Haven, when there is 9 other maps on disc, plus the opportunity for 343i to atleast add Forge maps ffs.

-SWAT is on rotation and 343i are removing it, even if it is temporary, that's dumb.

-343i put so much effort into EXP banning people just for playing the game when they aren't boosting.

-There isn't a system to boot people when they go AFK.

-There's seemingly no 343i presence on these forums.

-The DMR hasn't been balanced out. Just slightly lower its fire rate ffs.

I'm beginning to think 343i doesn't care and are just map starving everyone to try and boost sales of the map packs.

When you EXP ban your players, you are begging them to just play Black Ops 2. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or condescending, but a lot of Halo fans have been around longer than you 343i, you should tell Microsoft that sales will continue to be lackluster if they don't let you finish the game. A game is not ready for release when there are no maps, the playlists are a mess and you have to add in the ranking system post launch. I am mostly happy with Halo 4, these are just some problems I'm sure most of the community would like fixed. You aren't Bungie, you have to earn respect.

Please read etc, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

2 weeks? Is that all they had in development time, man power, and resources? Two weeks!? They had everything including a well working game handed to them! They were literally spoon fed. And you are saying they don't have enough?

Where was the beta testing on this game!? When you make a game you always beta test it with a test group of beta testers!! This game was clearly not! It seems all testing was done by the same guys making it if anything since so many bad ideas were allowed to pass. It embarrassing.

This game has JUST been release for god's sake. If you don't like it then stop playing for a little while. They have big plans for this game and it will change over time. Obviously everyone has a few issues with this game; it being the 5th Halo released, 4th online comparable, it has high expectations. But, even though we have issues with the game we go on and adapt to the new play style and wait in hopes for a change. These threads are too common. We actually have a STICKY for this type of thread.

Most of the "bad decisions" and things that could be fixed are not quality/development issues, luckily, and are rather maintenance issues, such as playlists and adding gametypes. Many games are rough for the first weeks. Just give it time, we will likely see the missing playlists soon.

• Like 1

- 90% of all games are only between Complex, Adrift, Abandon and Haven, when there is 9 other maps on disc, plus the opportunity for 343i to atleast add Forge maps ffs.

-SWAT is on rotation and 343i are removing it, even if it is temporary, that's dumb.

What the communety donsn't like!? Wheres your sources for what the communety as a whole thinks? you're one person. And I would guess that we think the game is at an early stage. I surly love the Spartan Ops bit :)

There are more maps than the four you mention, and if you would play dominion, flag or big team you would atleast play: Longbow, Exile, Ragnarok, Meltdown and Vortex. I've played all those maps, but sure I would like some more, like Ravine in war games to.

No dominion or Big team games are on the 4 small maps you mentioned, so your statement is invalid. Play another gametype than Infiety slayer dude.

And I could not care less about SWAT, personally, but I know ppl like it.

-343i put so much effort into EXP banning people just for playing the game when they aren't boosting.

I'm beginning to think 343i doesn't care and are just map starving everyone to try and boost sales of the map packs.

When you EXP ban your players, you are begging them to just play Black Ops 2. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or condescending, but a lot of Halo fans have been around longer than you 343i, you should tell Microsoft that sales will continue to be lackluster if they don't let you finish the game. A game is not ready for release when there are no maps, the playlists are a mess and you have to add in the ranking system post launch. I am mostly happy with Halo 4, these are just some problems I'm sure most of the community would like fixed. You aren't Bungie, you have to earn respect.

Please read etc, but I doubt it.

I agree, forcing me to play playlists that are less than good is kind of annoying. I guess they want to show off the not skills they have at their playlist creation, well other than Dominion being the only REALLY good one they have created. Regicide is so stupid, its stupid. (yes its that stupid).

They had 2 years. 2 years and this is what we get? Honestly, listen to the community, they understand more than you because we've been playing the game longer than you.

Because nobody on 343i even touched any previous Halo games. And 343i isn't made up pretty much entirely of ex-Bungie employees who loved Halo so much they quit their old jobs just to stay with it.

Also, they've been working on it since Halo 3, as that's when Bungie and Microsoft split, which is why it's much more similar to 'classic' Halo games instead of Reach.

And finally, just because you've been doing something for a long time doesn't automatically mean your opinion is somehow worth more than another's. In fact, if you have go back to saying how long you've been playing, that kind of suggests to me that your actual arguments are so flimsy as to not be worth reading.

Yeah. That's because those maps were designed especially for Slayer, and so they work better than maps not designed for it. Sure, you could play Slayer on Ragnarok or Meltdown, but it wouldn't work nearly as well. I'm sure they will add more maps in the future, but we're two weeks in - they probably haven't even had any playable maps submitted yet, let alone something well-made and balanced enough to go into matchmaking.

They've said that if a playlist becomes popular enough, they'll consider adding it permanently. Considering how much work they've put into designing maps and gametypes specially around things like Dominion, Capture the Flag and King of the Hill, is it really such a surprise that they'd like players to at least try their new gametypes? I'm a big fan of SWAT, and even I don't really mind there's no permanent playlist. It's encouraged me to try things I otherwise would have just ignored, and to my surprise I've really enjoyed it.

It's automatic, so they aren't putting 'effort' into it. Plus, it's not like you can't play the game if you get an XP ban: you can still do everything you otherwise could, you just won't rank up for it. And if you're seriously playing the game not because you think it's fun but just because you want to see a little number increase, you're kind of missing the point.

I think it's something like 10 mins of total inactivity and then you get autobooted. I'd like to see that get decreased: it's definitely in the game, but I agree it doesn't kick in nearly often enough.

That's because 343i doesn't run these forums.

EDIT: Darn, missed this the first time. To beat someone with a DMR, just get close to them. It's a long-range weapon, spray them with an Assault Rifle or a Storm Rifle. It's really bad at close ranges, so that's where you need to make them fight.

The map packs they haven't released yet? Besides, if you think what we have now is bad, go and play some Halo 3. Let me know once you've played anything but Boundless and The Pit.

I agree, $220m dollars worth of sales in the first 24 hours IS pretty bad for a console-specific title. As for maps and playlists, they've promised weekly updates, we have gametype-specific maps and playlists organised by gametype. The ranking system deliberately wasn't added at launch as they want to make sure everyone understand the game and knows the weapons and maps before they introduce it, so that people don't do unfairly well or badly just because everything is new. That's actually a better system than just throwing everyone together and permanently making it easier for people with beginner's luck.

• Like 3

They had 2 years. 2 years and this is what we get? Honestly, listen to the community, they understand more than you because we've been playing the game longer than you.

give 'em a break. Its 343's first halo game, they have time to improve. Let them learn from their mistakes and give them chance. They had no beta, so thats maybe why they didnt have much feedback beforehand to adjust the game

FFS, this is a community forum. C.O.M.M.U.N.I.T.Y. As in, NOT 343i. This is, in simple terms, a fan forum. Not at all designed, created, or moderated by 343i. Go to waypoint if you want 343i to see this.

I don't get it. It says '343 community forums' on about every page. Do people know what that means?

1.) DLC maps are coming; you can't fault players for voting on what they want. I'd prefer the Halo 3 voting system, but players have made it abundantly clear that what matters most to them is they want mulitple options to pick from so they can get what they want all the time. I don't like it, but the majority does.

2.) Specialty playlists are always on rotation. Nothing new.

3.) I think you are confusing EXP ban with EXP cap. Statistics have shown that only ~1-2% of the H4 population is hitting the cap. You are the 1%.

4.) There has never been a system to boot AFK in any console game I can think of other than Left 4 Dead.

5.) This is true.

6.) DMR will likely be "balanced out" or something of the like during the first TU.

Lastly, it makes absolutely no sense to claim that 343 is "starving" gamers for more maps to boost sales. If you can't make a product that people enjoy, they aren't going to be compelled to spend more money on it. It's an asinine statement to make. It's been 2 weeks since H4 came out. It took Halo 3 SIX MONTHS for its first title update and 343 is trying to roll theirs out with a ranking system in TWO. Cut them some slack.

They absolutely should do nothing to the DMR. Both it and the BR are 5 shot weapons but meant for different differences. If you don't like getting 5 shotted with the DMR, and no one does, there are several things you need to work on with the most principal among those being situational awareness as well as your own strafe and juke. Quit downing the DMR because it's powerful, it's meant to be a mid to long range weapon so it has to be. Long range weapons don't have bloom, get past it although, it does have a 95% bloom so yes, there is some there if you're a spammer.

Try using Firepower so you can load out BR and DMR or do what one of the other guys suggested and getting closer so you can spray and pray with the AR. Jeez, learn to develop tactics instead of crying so much.

Everything that was mentioned is of minor consequence. Redstarrocket addressed each issue appropriately. The one and only issue that I see throughout forums and in conversation with nearly every player online is.....drumroll please:

Ranking System. Without a doubt, Halo was more fun during the Halo 2 and 3 days simply because everyday you wanted to gather the best players you could find and win games. Then, you wanted everyone to see that you were able to earn a 50, because you are a bad mother f'er.

This is what Halo 4 needs. A playlist that gives you a rank, visible to everyone, that is based on performance and winning games.

Yes, the game is fun to play just because it is fun to play, but Halo was always seperated from other games because you would play to win. Please bring it back and I'll personally buy 5 more copies (just kidding), becuase then the game will be worth 300$ to me and I'll be more than happy to pay it.

By the way, COD BO 2 is implementing this with their "League" playlist. This is a playlist which is based on WINS and LOSES. Better get with it, or even I may make the switch, because I also dominate at COD. :)

This post will show up everywhere this topic is discussed.