Killcams?

TheEnd

Should there be killcams in Halo 4?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be killcams in Halo 4?

• Yes
    • No

If you dont want these things play halo 3. its still going to be halo are there still guns shields melee and grenades those are the most important things to a halo game and there all there why should i have to walk 5 feet to pick up a BR why cant i just spawn with it? and the weapons are not random they spawn in the same places just the weapon it self will change to another location for example i go to get the spartan laser on last resort instead its a sniper rifle and the spartan laser has spawned were the sniper would little jimmy isnt going to get lucky and have a rocket spawn next to him in a corner. as for killcams who cares? i just hope you can turn it off if you want to i like them but i get why some people dont i want a finnal killcam though. As for custom loadouts halo was dieing sorry people its true no sprint was really annoying and slowed the game down it couldnt keep up with other FPS its finnaly starting to evolve in what seems to be a good refeshing way while still being halo will just have to wait and see.

there's like....90 people playing halo 3.

It's really not worth it. Some people just won't accept the fact that the game could be really good. It's not Halo 2 or 3, so it's bad.

I'm not worried about it being bad. I'm worried that we won't recognize this as HALO.

It seems they already have. you can skip them if you wish. Or not watch them. But to outright detest them isn't doing any good. I'd like to have one to make sure there aren't any haxorz around. :laughing:

That's what the after game films in the theater are for. you dont need people figuring out your strategy during the actual game.

And if all they are doing is trying to get rid of camping...really? because it is so hard to kill a camper?

idk why i am seeing so many of you against the idea of killcams, i believe that yeah sure its done by cod, but still who cares i am for the idea. lets say you are an amazing player, like myself :) and you take pride when you get a nice snipe or overkill, exterm, ninja or any of that good stuff now it allows the players on the other team to respect those kills and possibly share the exitement of witnessing it and give you your props and get you recognized. and i know i would want to see if i got pooped on or not haha, but you know it adds features to the game and why would you want less features? and if you dont wanna see yourself get pooped on, well goahead and skip the killcam and do your instant respawn and get pooped on again be my guest :) and for those who say "its gonna make it impossible to hide" -you know who you are-

go play call of duty because halo is not a game for campers sorry buddy. and sorry for all those who cant get nice kills cause you only use the AR,

ima enjoy showing off in those killcams :D

idk why i am seeing so many of you against the idea of killcams, i believe that yeah sure its done by cod, but still who cares i am for the idea. lets say you are an amazing player, like myself :) and you take pride when you get a nice snipe or overkill, exterm, ninja or any of that good stuff now it allows the players on the other team to respect those kills and possibly share the exitement of witnessing it and give you your props and get you recognized. and i know i would want to see if i got pooped on or not haha, but you know it adds features to the game and why would you want less features? and if you dont wanna see yourself get pooped on, well goahead and skip the killcam and do your instant respawn and get pooped on again be my guest :) and for those who say "its gonna make it impossible to hide" -you know who you are-

go play call of duty because halo is not a game for campers sorry buddy. and sorry for all those who cant get nice kills cause you only use the AR,

It decimates any attempt of strategy. Just destroys it.

i dont see how it can copromise your teams strategy? its not like they dont know where thay got killed from anyway, unless they take special ed classes and have an IQ of like 12

i dont see how it can copromise your teams strategy? its not like they dont know where thay got killed from anyway, unless they take special ed classes and have an IQ of like 12

actually its pretty common. But you get another view of the battlefield from your opponents field of view which can reveal things to you that you never noticed or saw in your hud before you died. If you got killed by a DMR lurking behind you then you automatically know where they are, and can toss grenades across the map without having to use the slightest bit of skill to locate your assassin.

I could keep going on.

I just don't think killcams are necessary in Halo because nobody truely camps or stays in one spot to shoot unlike other where the killcams are pretty much needed. In Halo I never catch myself or anyone saying "Where is he shooting me from?" and that's a good thing.

actually its pretty common. But you get another view of the battlefield from your opponents field of view which can reveal things to you that you never noticed or saw in your hud before you died. If you got killed by a DMR lurking behind you then you automatically know where they are, and can toss grenades across the map without having to use the slightest bit of skill to locate your assassin.

I could keep going on.

ok on your standard death screan in halo 3/reach from your body you can look around the map from where you died and also cycle from person to person to see there view and your worried about kill cams giving up stategy? and plus your saying that new view points deprives strategy i thing it would improve strategy to have more prospective anyways players location on the map changes very rapidly

yeah and i think it is dumb in cod too. its no fun when you kill someone and then, oh hey, a grenade from them kills you the next 2 seconds because they know exactly where you are

this

ok on your standard death screan in halo 3/reach from your body you can look around the map from where you died and also cycle from person to person to see there view and your worried about kill cams giving up stategy? and plus your saying that new view points deprives strategy i thing it would improve strategy to have more prospective anyways players location on the map changes very rapidly

all halo needs is a view from your dead bodies position to swivel around and look. killcams are just going to make people lazy and ruin people that strive off of being hidden.

I'd rather have a little monitor to the top side of the screen and you would use the D-Pad to scroll to which enemy you want to watch out for. Like you can watch what he is doing while you play.

are you trolling? you want to be able to watch what the other team is doing while you play?

i really wouldn't mind if a kill cam was in just because i always wanna know how some prick shot me first or whatever.

i mean come on, its like 50/50 because you'd know your enemys location, which would affect halo gameplay but at the same time be great for quickscopes and shiiizzzz

I hope they made the smart decision of not implementing these. Killcams + Instant spawning, will eliminate any form of tactics that are used, will remove the element of surprise, along with a significant amount of fun from any true Halo fan.

From a killcam, you can see where your opponent is sniping from, where he and his teammates are moving towards, what weapons they have, along with a bunch of other stuff. The gametypes with killcam enabled will be bland, easy gametypes compared to those that don't. If 343 is so set on killcams, they need to only make a final one.

Honestly, on a map such as Wraparound, It'd not be a big deal. I'd say Big team games wouldn't be a big deal either. But small team games, like 2 or less people, would be a bad idea. They can simply update the playlists if some games work while others don't. But guys, don't die, cry, scream with joy, or fap over any feature yet. The ones we are so worried about can be changed with playlist updates. Let us try them before we get pissy, eh?

Meh. Like previously stated, final kill cams would be okay, but having one after every death would just tick me off. Using stealth would be pointless, might as well charge in. And dont tell me that camping would go away, play one round of CoD and tell me that kill cams got rid of camping.

I just hope that these kill cams dont turn too many people away. 343's boldness is def. pushing some ppl away.

I don't really understand how a killcam would affect gameplay. Could someone please enlighten me?

it wont affect gameplay, all these noobs say oh well it gives away my posion and it takes away from strategy, well no it doesent cause i have been playing halo for awile now and have been on top ten or top 100 in multiple playlist on halo tracker and halo charts (<-- R.I.P) , have had in top 5% onix and not once have i not known where i got killed from or not have known that it was a sniper that killed me. i support 343 in there decision

it wont affect gameplay, all these noobs say oh well it gives away my posion and it takes away from strategy, well no it doesent cause i have been playing halo for awile now and have been on top ten or top 100 in multiple playlist on halo tracker and halo charts (<-- R.I.P) , have had in top 5% onix and not once have i not known where i got killed from or not have known that it was a sniper that killed me. i support 343 in there decision

*facepalm*

• Like 1

I don't really understand how a killcam would affect gameplay. Could someone please enlighten me?

are you being serious? Adding killcams is just another noob friendly device so that people that have been playing and mastered level strategies and techniques will lose there secrets too any noob that gets killed by them and watches the kill cam. I feel that if you played halo you would understand how killcams will change Halo, and the skill level it takes to be good at it.

*facepalm*

double facepalm

I dont think its a kill cam but a modified death cam from reach i say reach bcus i remember seeing this in previous halo games i.e halo 3 , 2 , 1 .. If u paid close attn in reach when someone killed you it showed where it was from or the area u was killed from for a short second... Maybe they took that an made it so that you can choose to watch the " death cam" or maybe they updated it from reach an it shows the person who killed you Where they going...

Me personally i would love to noscope someone from across the map an to know in my head " yea he saw that"! Itll bring alot of bragging rights

• Like 1