Permanent Sprint In Halo 4.

Mr Biggles

I think it's just fine. Sprinting as a special ability is rather silly to me. A lot of shooters (including games such as DOOM, Marathon, Duke Nukem 3D) have sprint as a standard player feature, so I don't see why Halo should not have it. I know I know, "Halo's not supposed to be like every other shooter! It's supposed to be different!" Let me just say this, having features that resemble something in another game does not automatically make one series (such as Halo) play like that other game. Even if Halo 4 would feature sprint and custom loadouts (without the ability to choose power weapons), the game would still feel like Halo (at least in my opinion) due to things such as the energy shields, a motion-tracker, recharging health, floaty jumping, etc. Those and other features that are unique to Halo would still keep it feeling plenty different in my eyes.

• Like 4

Sprint's there. Ok, fine. BUT, I think that since everyone can sprint then everyone should be able to roll backwards. Sprinting sword and people sprinting in only to try to beat you down twice is ridiculous.

Agree completely with this. Rolling backwards from a sprinting opponent would be perfect.

Infinite Sprint is just beyond stupid. It breaks the game. Equals infinitely broken game. What a scam. No we cam run forever yay and be run awayers instead of fighters.

You cannot run for as long as you want. Please make sure you have the correct information before you try to claim something like this. Sprinting in Halo 4 will be a standard feature given to all players, and it will have a limited use just like sprinting had in Halo: Reach. When the energy is depleted, you will need to wait for it to recharge. While you are sprinting, if you are taking damage your sprinting speed will be slowed for as long as damage is being done to you.

• Like 3

Sprinting players getting slowed while taking damage = good move

agreed it will balance it and stop people from running away in a fight which was the only problem with reaches sprint and it really wasnt even a problem unless you had no sprint yourself now you have to face the enemy or die just like with classic halo but now we can get from point a to point b faster complete win :thumbsup:

I was pretty excited when I heard the news. Sprint was pretty much the only amor ability I used in Reach once I realized it was the one that didn't get me killed on a regular basis. The use of sprint with melee weapons does worry me a bit, though. I imagine people hiding around corners with the sword and just running out to shank people when they get close. The victim wouldn't have enough time to shoot them and slow them down.

Also, I wonder which button sprint will be mapped to on default.

I was pretty excited when I heard the news. Sprint was pretty much the only amor ability I used in Reach once I realized it was the one that didn't get me killed on a regular basis. The use of sprint with melee weapons does worry me a bit, though. I imagine people hiding around corners with the sword and just running out to shank people when they get close. The victim wouldn't have enough time to shoot them and slow them down.

Also, I wonder which button sprint will be mapped to on default.

all very good points maybe you cant run and melee at the same time?

I used Bumper Jumper in Halo 3 but had to switch to default for Reach because of the armor abilities. I wonder how both sprint and a seperate armor ability will be squeezed onto the controller. Would you use the d-pad to switch between the two? I sure hope not.

That's a good question. Hopefully we get a clear answer on that sometime in the near future. The only buttons I can think of as being free are the d-pad...