The Didact's Appearance in Halo 4?

Drizzy_Dan

Alright so everyone's seen the last Halo: CEA terminal where 343 Guilty Spark speaks of John destroying his Installation and then towards the end he says, "Oh but what I would not give to have a single company of Prometheans here right now. Oh they would most certainly restore order with their trademark lethality. Although... That would mean He would have to be here too. And without the Librarian around to damper his rage, well... These Reclaimers might almost prefer the Flood." And then the Didact's symbol appears in a flash of light. Also at the end of Primordium Guilty Spark claims to suspect where he might find the Librarian.

What do you guys think their relevance will be to Halo 4?

I believe that the dark, ancient threat could very well be the Didact or maybe even Faber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km0kWdxvqqU&feature=related

well first off, i have read in OXM that there are the DO's and DON'T's that the Flood is not going to be one of them because Bungie already hated the idea once made for the games, become the most annoying prospect in the Halo history which i tend to agree with. So the flood is very unlikely, but they are planning something that may have to do with Forerunners because they even mention a this in the Waypoint of Halo 4 "Master ChieF returns to confront his own destiny and face and (ancient evil) that threatens the fate of the entire universe". Although that could mean a tons of things like the flood coming from ancient time or the forerunners although i dought they would be bad in my view, so who knows what could come up next cause the Covenant battle is over in Halo Terms

i believe the Librarian will also make an appearance

(This is about 343 Guilty Spark aka Chakas) "The primary incarnation of this monitor, assigned as the caretaker of

Installation 04, would again encounter humans during the Battle of Installation 04 late to the Human-Covenant War. He continued to interact with the Reclaimers until his destruction in the endgame of the Raid on Installation 04B, but never revealed his nature as a former human being. An unspecified time after the war, a severely damaged duplicate of Guilty Spark was discovered by a UNSC science team and taken aboard their ship. The science team proceeded to query the ancient human on the Didact and the historical nature of Forerunner-human relations. The damaged monitor then told the humans the story of his life and how he was transformed into a monitor.[8] While telling his story, the monitor constantly made breaches through the ship's firewalls, in order to access the humans' historical and paleontological records, which greatly frustrated and distressed the UNSC personnel. After the monitor had finished, it shut down completely and was ejected into space by order of the ONI team commander. However, Spark had inconspicuously transferred his data stream into the ship's system, and soon took over the entire ship, planning to use it and its crew in his quest to find the Librarian, who he claimed to know was still alive." http://www.halopedian.com/Chakas

The frigate that Spark took over must be The UNSC Infinity that was shown as Halo 4 concept art. So it looks as though 343 Guilty Spark will be making an appearance as well as some new Spartans we havent seen yet, maybe Fred, Kelly and Linda? (people you play with when you play co-op possibly).

I also hope we will see multiple species in H4.

Covenant has been confirmed to somewhat make an appearance which leads me to believe that the UNSC and ONI wont be too far behind. Im also sure that since the UNSC and the Elites are now somewhat allies that they will make a return. But i am also hoping that we will see either the Precursors, Forerunners, or Promethean's. Or all 3 ? that would be kickass

343 Guilty Spark always talks to master Chief like he has met him before, like the library and the two betrayels

Oh that's because hes treating Master Chief as an ancient human. The Forerunners and humans have known each other for a longtime. To the Forerunners, the humans are known as Reclaimers

• 3 months later...

wow, i started a topic about the Didact and since then ive seen a lot more topics popping up about this subject. my topic was about the didact being a friend or foe but i forgot to mention this terminal at the end of CE. if the Reclaimer would rether prefer the flood, then this means that the Didact is probably very dangerous. This also insistes that he will be an enemy to chief. I also think that the Librarian is dead, but the Didact refuses this thought and is still searching for her using an army of prometheans. Maybe the Librarian is on Requiem and the Didact along with the Prometheans are already looking for her

wow, i started a topic about the Didact and since then ive seen a lot more topics popping up about this subject. my topic was about the didact being a friend or foe but i forgot to mention this terminal at the end of CE. if the Reclaimer would rether prefer the flood, then this means that the Didact is probably very dangerous. This also insistes that he will be an enemy to chief. I also think that the Librarian is dead, but the Didact refuses this thought and is still searching for her using an army of prometheans. Maybe the Librarian is on Requiem and the Didact along with the Prometheans are already looking for her

I appreciate the thought but as of right now, every other thread about the Didact has been posted before yours. I guess the Didact is just a popular guy. That's a good idea that the Librarian is on Requiem though.

I appreciate the thought but as of right now, every other thread about the Didact has been posted before yours. I guess the Didact is just a popular guy. That's a good idea that the Librarian is on Requiem though.

haha, so im not the first fan of the Didact i guess. Im a bit newer because ive only been a member here for about 2 months and i hadnt seen the other topics yet. but he does seem to be quite the celebrity

Yes I'm pretty sure this was the first, I posted this midway through March. But I retract my belief of the enemy being Prometheans and the Flood. I think the Didact and his Promethean AIs will be enemies at first but will not remain your enemy.

That's exactly what I think

I've been saying this from the start. The Didact is angered because of the Destruction of the Array. He was the one who ordered fire, and the one who killed the Librarian. He loved her, and he will never be able to forgive himself for firing the Array, but is angered because it has become a constant reminder of the Librarian. He later on the game discovers that she may be alive, and (without forgiving the humans) goes on a search for her. <--------------- Just my thoughts.

You should get every single one of them because they're all great but if you want to keep up with Forerunners and what's happening or going to happen soon you should get Halo: Glasslands, Halo: Cryptum, and Halo: Primordium.

I'm going to take your advice, I feel quite far behind on all this forerunner news :lol:

hopefully i'll be able to contribute something to these conversations soon.