Halo Did you knows

The Director

Did you know that the Halo series was the first one to use a two weapon system? :D

I don't know if anyone corrected this, but it actually wasn't the first. The first was made by Bungie, and it was called Marathon, and officially its considered the first game to introduce "dual wielding" You could use both fists in melee among other things.

Also did you know Marathon strongly influenced the Halo franchise, and that the ending of Halo two closely corresponds with the beginning of the first Marathon game? Bungie also aroused speculations of a Marathon game shortly after the release of Halo 3, it was the cover subject of one of their magazines (which I still happen to have).

Did you also know that the armor Mk rating of the security guy you play as in Marathon (he has no official name) is the same as chief's, and that "his favorite rocket launcher" as quoted by an AI in the game, has the letters SPNKR on it, just like the Halo franchise?

Many have speculated the ending of Halo 3 as the entry to Marathon, because of the similarities in the protagonists, and the fact the protagonist in Marathon made his appearance from a cryo capsule that was rescued from wreckage in space.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone corrected this, but it actually wasn't the first. The first was made by Bungie, and it was called Marathon, and officially its considered the first game to introduce "dual wielding" You could use both fists in melee among other things.

Also did you know Marathon strongly influenced the Halo franchise, and that the ending of Halo two closely corresponds with the beginning of the first Marathon game? Bungie also aroused speculations of a Marathon game shortly after the release of Halo 3, it was the cover subject of one of their magazines (which I still happen to have).

Did you also know that the armor Mk rating of the security guy you play as in Marathon (he has no official name) is the same as chief's, and that "his favorite rocket launcher" as quoted by an AI in the game, has the letters SPNKR on it, just like the Halo franchise?

Many have speculated the ending of Halo 3 as the entry to Marathon, because of the similarities in the protagonists, and the fact the protagonist in Marathon made his appearance from a cryo capsule that was rescued from wreckage in space.

Ope, sorry, First Console game* lol

Ope, sorry, First Console game* lol

That makes sense, lol.

Did you know, the Monitors in Halo have the Marathon symbol in their eye?

Also did you know the magnum from Marathon is similar to the one in Halo, despite the difference in design they are ultimately the same weapon, each having a scope?

I dont know if this has been said bc the thread is so large.

Did you know that the beings dubbed "engineers" actually originated as a forerunner creation?

They are artificial, and reproduce by gathering in group usually 2-3 and they build a new one. The more in the group the more intelligent the engineer.

Their real names are Huragok.

Also Did you know Cortana had a predecessor called Kalmiya that was used to develop her utilities? Despite protocol Halsey kept the AI around, it was actually the only other flash-cloned sample of Halsey's brain to survive besides the one used to make Cortana. Kalmiya ultimately met her end when Halsey activated her fail safe destroying the AI.

Is master cheif a human???

No, he's a bloody robot. :wallbash:

Did you know how Kat lost her arm?

Here it is:

On April 22nd, 2552, Kat put together an operation to destroy a CCS-class Battlecruiser maintaining position above a city. The operation was successful, but at the cost of Thom-293. The operation also cost Kat her right arm, which has been replaced by a robotic prosthetic... an operation put together by LCDR Catherine-B320 to destroy a CCS-class Battlecruiser maintaining position above a city. However, the Lieutenant Commander, who carried the tactical nuclear weapon intended to destroy the Covenant ship, was incapacitated while on her way to the objective by an enemy Banshee.

Kat lost her arm on this mission to a banshee... it was replaced with a prosthetic limb... she continues to perform as any of the other spartans.

No, he's a bloody robot. :wallbash:

Did you know how Kat lost her arm?

Here it is:

On April 22nd, 2552, Kat put together an operation to destroy a CCS-class Battlecruiser maintaining position above a city. The operation was successful, but at the cost of Thom-293. The operation also cost Kat her right arm, which has been replaced by a robotic prosthetic... an operation put together by LCDR Catherine-B320 to destroy a CCS-class Battlecruiser maintaining position above a city. However, the Lieutenant Commander, who carried the tactical nuclear weapon intended to destroy the Covenant ship, was incapacitated while on her way to the objective by an enemy Banshee.

Kat lost her arm on this mission to a banshee... it was replaced with a prosthetic limb... she continues to perform as any of the other spartans.

Did you know that this mission was the subject of one of Reach's live action trailers?

• Like 2

Did you know that there were originally 12 Halo Arrays created. I forget where I read it...

c actually 13 and it said so in one of the halo anniversary vids

What kind of power?nuclear ???

Also did you know that Dr. Halsey is the mother of Miranda Keyes?

prally when keyes and miranda went around finding the spartans

Did you know that this mission was the subject of one of Reach's live action trailers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYrKTU8Hmc

I saw the trailer, just didn't make the connection...

Now i know! Yay!

Thanks Director!

Did you know, during the making of Halo: CE the designers had to change the look of the elites, because it had a resemblance to cats, which may have put off asian customers?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know that the Brute Choppers were originally made (without weapons) by a Huragok aboard Tartarus' uncle's Ship on Harvest? Two were made from memory as gifts to the humans however these were discovered by Tartarus (I think?) and ordered to be made into combat vehicles instead, to be used by the Brutes aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know Sgt. Johnson was originally scripted for the ORION Project (Spartan I) but was only left with Borens Syndrome. Borens Syndrome was a cover for ORION . I say "only" because it was only one of the side effects that were suppose to enhance the human soldier. This is also why Sgt. Johnson cannot get infected by the flood, his immune system is far too greater than that of the Flood.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

probably already mentioned but did you know that the arbiter first encountered the chief just after the halo event? Chief took his ship and threw him into an escape pod..

also the arbiter first fought against spartans when he was just a shipmaster and had been captured by humans on the rubble?

• 2 weeks later...