DonnyDoo22

I just want the BR back, I wouldn't mind replacing the AR with something new but they could just tweak it a little bit imo. If the dmr returns I will slap frank o'conner in the face lol, if I could find him that is. The gun is terrible when compared to the BR in almost every sense. The only things h4 should adopt from halo reach are the small things like custom gametype/ map searching, forge , etc. We need to pick up where h3 left off and I think thats the plan. We need solid gameplay that is actually replayable and doesn't get old after a couple weeks of playing (reach). Why can I still go play h3 for hours on end but I can only take small doses of halo reach at a time?

• Like 1

Because it's just not your thing, I guess. You might just prefer the older, more arcadie style of Halo gameplay, it could be nostalgia, or it could also be because Halo 3 is simpler and easier to play.

Yea I have given halo reach so many chances to pull me in and hook me but I always feel let down after so many games. Maybe its because im competitive and I can't get my fix with reach lol. Reach had moments of fun for sure but its all about how replayable the game is and the other three halo games nailed it on the head imo. To get back on topic I just want my BR back lol

I love the way every time people want to discuss weapons in Halo 4 it descends into BR versus DMR and what the Assault Rifle is going to be. Nobody cares about how the Sniper Rifle will work, or whether we should be using the Grenade Launcher instead of the Rocket Launcher or whatever.

Anyway, on topic.

As long as every 'general purpose' weapon (Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, SMG, Carbine, or whatever new weapons appear) are balanced against each other properly, I don't really mind. In Halo 3 the Assault Rifle and Battle Rifle were balanced really well: the former won at medium-close ranges and below, the latter won at medium ranges and above as a general rule. A player who was much better than his opponent could still beat them at other ranges though, provided they used their weapon effectively: it was about not just how skilled you were with the gun, but how skilled you were with your positioning and tactics as a whole.

Weapon bloom really needs to be removed, as it brings an element of luck - however small - into encounters, and that spoils competitiveness, something which has put off a lot of players. What's the point in trying to get better when you'll often be killed not because the other play was better than you, but because they were luckier than you?

As far as non-general-purpose weapons (Plasma Pistol, Concussion Rifle, Magnum, Grenade Launcher) go, I don't really mind how they're implemented as provided they aren't far too overpowered or underpowered they provide variety to the weapon set as well as different styles of fighting.

I'd also like to see new weapon types: perhaps one weapon with a bigger blast radius than the Rocket Launcher, but which only affects Shields - it might only have one shot at a time and a long reload, but could carry a lot of ammunition to make up for its non-lethality. That would encourage teamwork, as it'd be incredibly effective in the right hands but you'd need team mates to finish off your opponents.

It might also be fun to have two types of Assault Rifle, one which is very powerful (as little as twelve bullets to kill) but horribly inaccurate beyond close range, and another which has far better performance at range but takes a lot more bullets to kill (sixteen or eighteen or whatever). Perhaps the first could have less spare magazines so it has to be used tactically, or the latter could have a small amount of bullets in each magazine so that it rewards accuracy.

There's all sorts of combinations: if anyone's interested, I could post a topic about it.

Halo 3 s Br is actually good, Take out the DMR. I think they did the DMR as a single fire gun is that Halo Reach is before all the halo games except Halo Wars

BR>DMR

DMR > BR

DMR is a 1 shot weapon, and i prefer that then having a burst, especially with no bloom, DMR feels much better.

DMR > BR

DMR is a 1 shot weapon, and i prefer that then having a burst, especially with no bloom, DMR feels much better.

Seriously? Havent heard many people at all who prefer the DMR. BR feels and performs far better imo, interesting how opinions can completely differ.

Because it's just not your thing, I guess. You might just prefer the older, more arcadie style of Halo gameplay, it could be nostalgia, or it could also be because Halo 3 is simpler and easier to play.

It is because Halo: Reach's gameplay wasn't as good as Halo 3's gameplay. Also, what is Zero Bloom exactly? If it is where the shots lose accuracy at extreme range, then who cares, people still snipe people with BRs from across the map (I hate it when they do that, because I can never kill them).

It is because Halo: Reach's gameplay wasn't as good as Halo 3's gameplay. Also, what is Zero Bloom exactly? If it is where the shots lose accuracy at extreme range, then who cares, people still snipe people with BRs from across the map (I hate it when they do that, because I can never kill them).

That's all a matter of opinion. I personally enjoy Reach's gameplay even more than previous Halo games. It, to me, requires a bit more skill due to having to learn to control your shots and not really being able to just fire away with no worry. (See the BR in pervious Halo games) There are also other things that enhance the overall gameplay experience in my eyes. Zero Bloom is where the shots go exactly where you shoot. The bullet spread is reduced so much that there's very little error, no matter how fast you fire your DMR/Needle Rifle/Magnum. The Battle Rifle was overpowered, which is why people could and still do things like that.

Said comments about the BR are exactly why they want it returned it so badly. In my opinion people who cry and flame for it's return simply want to just pick it up and fire away at medium to long ranges and score massive kills without having to get up close and get dirty. Seriously, do you people ever listen to yourselves?!? Everything you complain about is the same old tired precision weapons over and over again. Is precision the only style of weapon you can use effectively? I'll stick to my good old fun needler and AR thanks....it presents much more of challenge and skill.

And btw, the BR from H2 and H3 are exactly the same. The same values are used for both weapons, there is no difference.

• Like 2

The BR from H2 and H3 are exactly the same. The same values are used for both weapons, there is no difference.

Are you sure about that? Halopedian disagrees, though it really wouldn't be the first time they've been wrong as far as engines go.

Also, I actually think the DMR is more powerful than the BR, at least proportionally. Halo 3's gameplay involved faster kill times, so even though the BR could kill quicker it was less likely to overpower the Assault Rifle or Plasma Rifle when they were being used effectively. Yes, the DMR may be slower to the kill, but so are all the other weapons, so it seems to be more effective in general.