Can you slightly trim my pic so the height is smaller, and add a dark Grey background, with rising Black Fog?

mafia14.jpg

Since I am finished with the Concept of my game...can I post the sign up thread and have a mod lock it until its time to play it?

Options:

RE-imagined

post-15182-0-01804000-1431391305.png

First Attempt

post-15182-0-03245800-1431391304.png

Ah, I see the concern with 16.0. And It is true, I am not the most active guy around here. Although, if I am running a Mafia Game, I'll make myself more active to do it. I know I haven't had the best active record, but I'm willing to do so. And as for 3 Mafia hosts, the co hosts and I will work out who does what and such. More to come.

As for Mafia 16.0 News...

The theme of the game will be STAR WARS!!!!

The Idea was Caboose's! More info to come soon!

Edit as of 12:07 pm 5-4-15

The Official title: 

Mafia XVI :

The Forum Awakens

post-15182-0-38417100-1431392595.png

• Like 1

Since I am finished with the Concept of my game...can I post the sign up thread and have a mod lock it until its time to play it?

That's a bad idea. It will be weeks before your game starts, during which time the people who can play Mafia games will certainly change. They could get bogged down by IRL issues, preventing them from playing. It's better if they sign up as the game's about to start, because they'll know whether or not they can uphold their commitment to play at that time.

• Like 1

That's a bad idea. It will be weeks before your game starts, during which time the people who can play Mafia games will certainly change. They could get bogged down by IRL issues, preventing them from playing. It's better if they sign up as the game's about to start, because they'll know whether or not they can uphold their commitment to play at that time.

Ks

• 5 weeks later...

That looks interesting. But Pro-town has no powers they can use to trick the Mafia. If it's supposed to be an all around espionage over 9000 game, then I think they should have one too.

The pseudocide operator is clearly very powerful. However I won't complain about that because I'm pretty sure that's the point.

That looks interesting. But Pro-town has no powers they can use to trick the Mafia. If it's supposed to be an all around espionage over 9000 game, then I think they should have one too.

The pseudocide operator is clearly very powerful. However I won't complain about that because I'm pretty sure that's the point.

It's still under construction. I'm currently brainstorming.

2zhnsZ8.png

Greetings, sadists. I am your host, Illumninati Destructo!  :ninja: 

Puzzle:

16 pieces to a puzzle will be given to everyone except 3 people from the Mafia Side: the ones that are in the Group PM. You can do as you will with these pieces, or edit them to fool someone else. In any case: upon completion of the TRUE puzzle I will use my power on you. This power is NOT detrimental, but what it exactly is shall remain a mystery until the puzzle is solved.

It is possible for multiple people to be given access, but not above 2. Everyone will be notified when someone solves the puzzle.

And before you say "But what if some pieces remain hidden forever!" I will state that links to certain pieces will show up in the official Host posts. You'll have to hunt for them on your own.

And I wouldn't have you jump through hoops unless this power was important: which it is. Though it'll change if I die before someone solves the puzzle.

Host Participation:

The Host(s) will be participating in the game, but not like you'd expect.

They're basically just players who are not a part of the information market, and ones that CAN be killed, shafted, or affected by other Role powers.

Roles:

(10x) Pro-Town

(Can win by killing all the Mafians & hostile Neutrals)

5x Civilians 

• The power to vote, baby

1x  Private Eye

• Investigate 1 player's role per round

1x Witness Protection

• Can protect 1 player from death at the start of a round. However, a person targeted by two or more parties will die
  • Cannot protect themself

1x Sentinel

• Has 2 lives

1x Medic

• [2x]: Able to lend an extra life to anyone you choose: including dead players

1x Accuser

• [2x]: Force a poor soul to be on the Suspect List

(5x) Neutral-Town

(Can win by killing all of Protown, and Mafia)

1x Secret Santa

• [2x]: Increase a role's power usage (if they have one) by 1: thus allowing them to use their own power one more time: even if they're dead and unable to use their power
  • Hacker cannot give themselves a power point
  • Hacker's vote count is .5

1x Exfiltrator

• [2x]: Bust a player out of Jail AKA the Suspect List

​1x Dirty Cop

• [2x]: Take someone's vote, and use it for yourself. It'll be returned once you die, or the other person dies

1x MIB

• [2x]: Label 1 person that will be declared dead to the public when killed, but will actually still be alive & able to use their powers / votes like normal
  • MIB will choose a fake identity for the "deceased" from any of the roles in this game
  • A fake identity cannot be given to the same person twice

1x Hitman

• [3x]: Kill a player of their choice at the start of a Round, or someone on the Suspect List during the Lynch. Only 1 of these can be done every 3 rounds

(5x) Anti-Town (Mafia)

(Wins by killing all the Protowns & hostile Neutrals)

1x Spy

• Shows up as a Civilian when Investigated by the Detective
  • The Spy's vote count always counts as .5
  • NOT included in the Main PM

1x Illuminati

• [3x]: view the absolute last sentence said in any Role PM per round

1x Trapper Keeper

• [2x]: When Mafia Executes a Special Role, you can choose to assimilate 1 of the powers of that Special Role, and be able to use it whenever you want, but ONLY for 1 time.
  • Also, you can only choose a role that was killed in that round. If they pass up on a role that was previously killed they are forever off limits
  • Trapper Keeper's base vote count is .5

1x Dreadnaut

• 3 Lives & 3 Votes
  • Vote count is reduced by .5 after each death

1x Don

• Casts 1 normal vote, and 1 secret vote
  • Upon death vote count becomes 1

(??x) Anomalies

(Alliegance varies)

1x Host

• Power is revealed to the player(s) who complete the puzzle
  • The Host can only vote for Roulette on the Suspect List

?x Ghosts

• A TRUE dead person
  • Unable to use powers
  • Ghosts usually have a vote count of .5

General Rules:

Mafian (the person who did the Execution in a Round, or botched it), and 3 RNG players show up per Lynch.

- Roulette kills 1 random person from the Suspect List.

You may vote for a fellow Factioner (or possibly have a hand in killing them) to keep your identity hidden.

- Post what you want.

- Mafians CANNOT add any role besides a Mafian to their PM.

You may add whoever you want to your Role PM if you're not Mafian.

Player List:

22+

Role Status:

Mafia Game

Semblance (Mafia, Pro-town, Neutral-Town) : 

Equillibrium (Neutral Town) : 3 Players (and the Named One), these players are known to everyone, and their votes count as 2 normal votes. On even turns, they are pro-townian, and on odd turns, they are mafian. 

The Clause : If the pro-townians win on the turn that The Equillibrium is pro-town, The Equillibirum wins as well; if the mafians win on a turn that the The Equillibrium is mafian, The Equillibrium wins as well.  

The Explanation : The Equillibirum don't know who the mafians or pro-townians are, meaning that their votes are no more than an educated guess.  The mafians and pro-townians may divulge their roles to these players, knowing that this info may be partially safe - after all, why would The Equillibirum want to ruin someone that might lead them to victory (Unless they're the Named One)? This role can't be trusted: in the latter parts of the game, these players may go from being your best friend to your worst enemy. 

~

Dissentors (Mafia): 5 

*2 False Prophet :  The prophet may investigate anyone who was on the suspect list during the round prior. When the prophet is investigated by the detective, the prophet will appear as a pro-town role of the The False Prophet's choice (aside from the detective), and they will function as that role instead.

Explanation: The False Prophet is an underpowered detective at first, but when they're investigated by the detective, this may give them an opportunity to infiltrate the pro-town PM's and help their fellow Dissentors in other ways.  

*1 The Named One: A fake Equillibirum without The Clause. 

*1 The Deceiver : The Deceiver has 3 opportunities to make the assailing mafian not appear on the Suspect List, meaning that a mafian that appears through RnG can not be removed. 

*1 Aura Sprite : Their Essence Backlash has double the effect. 

~

Exorcists (Pro-Town) : (5 Roles; 9 other)

*1 The Pope (Detective)

*2 Shaman : The Shaman may examine a player in a PM for their role if the Game Mod is present. False Prophets are not immune to this form of investigation, and players that left the PM can not be investigated. This can be done 2 times. Doing this within smaller PM's may put the Shaman at risk. 

*1 Medic : May also prevent The Arsenal from murdering. 

*1 The Arsenal (Sniper): Kills a player or redirects a mafian murder every 2 rounds. 

*9 Noblemen 

Game Elements

Essence Backlash: When a player hasn't voted or used their role ability for 3 rounds, their aura enters the Aether Void. Essence Backlash casts 2 unseen votes on a player from the suspect list.  This player is chosen as follows: A Backlashed mafian's votes will be placed on whomever the mafians decide, while a Backlashed pro-townian will be decided upon by each pro-town role (In their own respective PM's, including any False Prophets faking a role).  

The Essence Backlash can be done to anyone on a suspect list. 

-Can't be done to Neutral Town.

Edit:  I'll add one more thing to the New Game Elements later. 

Edited by Pengu
  • Like 3

Essence Backlash seems like a good mechanic, though a very difficult one to keep track of on the host's part. Are you sure you can manage that? It would mean tracking the activity of each and every player constantly.

Some of these new mechanics are creative. You and Destruct seem to be drawing ideas from some Domain of genius.

Hosting:

13.0: Mafia Station 13

• Ledgend1221
  • Caboose the Ace

• Cheap Piece Of Plastic

15.0:

• Church

16.0: Dinosaur Edition

• Fishy (Crash Bandicoot)
  • Bnus

Unknown Placing:

Mafia Game

• Delpen9

​Mafia: Stand Alone Complex

• Self Destruct

Mafia: The Forum Awakens

• Pbrabbit
  • Caboose The Ace
  • Yang Xiao Long

• 2 weeks later...

post-15182-0-01804000-1431391305.png

(Speech, which I will type later.)

Previous Mafia games

Mafia I - 'New New New Phoenix': JL

Mafia 1.0: JL

Mafia 2.0: JL

Mafia 3.0: Sikslik7

Mafia Returns: Axilus Prime

Mafia 5.0: Dexter Grif

Mafia 6.0: Yang Xiao Long

Mafia 7.0: Age Of Conflict: Bnus, TheSilverCenturion

The Ultimate Mafia, 8.0: Self Destruct, Yang Xiao Long

Mafia 9.0: Banter Edition: UNSC Spartan II, Ruby Rose

Night of the Living Mafia, 10.0 - Self Destruct, Bnus

Mafia 11.0: Covenant Edition - Axilus Prime, Frankenzer

Mafia 12.0: Selfie

Mafia 13.0: Ledgend 1221

Rules:

1. You are not to bribe anyone into revealing their role!

2. You can pull "A Mereel"(Suicide), but doing so involves postponing the game for 24 hours.

3. You can't intentionally aid the enemy team. Be loyal to your own.

4. Neutral roles can win. But only if they choose to go against the faction that has "won". Meaning if Pro-Town wins, they have a choice to either go with Pro-Town and end the game...or they can Convert into Mafia.

5. You may lie.

6. Your role shall be revealed after you have died.

7. There may be double lynching, but there has to be another vote.

8. You can reveal, or lie about your role.

9. Do not request a role, all roles will be determined through RNG.

10. You may PM anyone in the game, whether to co'op with each other, or to pass off info.

11. You can relinquish any evidence into the game.

12. You may NOT invite ANYONE into your role PM. You may make another PM with the person.

13. Ghosts can vote, but they only count as half, aka .5

14. No join in progress.

Roles/Factions:

The Grimm Reaper - Can kill or bring back one person once every 3 rounds.

Pro-Town 15x

Detective 1x - Can investigate 1 person every round.

Medic 1x - Can protect any citizen once every round.

The Incredible Hulk! x1 - HULK SMASH! Has 3 lives.

Citizens 12x - Can vote on who will be lynched during the day.

--------------------------

Mafia: x5

Henchmen x2 - Can vote who to kill, and who to do the deed.

Juggernaut x1 - has 3 lives, can vote who to kill, and who to do the deed.

Mafian Medic x1 - Can save one of his/her team mates life, once. Can vote who to kill, and who to do the deed.

Don x1 - Can stop a lynch twice...only when he/she deems it important. Can vote who to kill, and who to do the deed.

--------------------------

Neutral: 4x

Police 2x - Can put or take out anybody from the suspect list 2 times throughout the game.

Psychic 1x - Is like the Detective, but can only use their power once every 3 rounds and can share their findings with Pro-Town, or Mafia.

The Oracle 1x - Once killed, she/he can come back from the dead whenever she/he wishes.

Tweaked it a little bit :3

Concerning the numbers from the current mafian game you are not going to get 25 people. :)

1 The Oracle and the Hulk role grant Pro town three extra lives, remove the Oracle and give the hulk 2 lives for balance purposes.

2 Also Mafian roles are op too and flat out boring.
Solution: Get rid of the mafian Medic role and the Don role.

3 The Psychic is underpowered and almost pointless.

The role needs to have a buff or be scrapped.

Edited by Like Cabooster the Ace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need to refine my game, so you can get ahead before me. I doubt I'll get mine started any time soon anyway.

Hosting (as of 8/10/2015):

16.0:

• Church

Unknown Placing:

Mafia Game

• Delpen9

​Mafia: Stand Alone Complex

• Self Destruct

Mafia: The Forum Awakens

• Pbrabbit
  • Caboose The Ace
  • Yang Xiao Long