• 2 weeks later...

I made an earlier post but here are more details for your viewing pleasure, be sure to give feedback.

Mafia: The War for Eden

4-5 Grand Master Assassins
4-5 Templar Insiders
8-10+ Assassins

Grand Master Classes:

1x Grand Warrior
The Grand Warrior is an age-old member of the Assassin Order specializing in combat and elimination of any kind. Their special ability is upon death by Templars, they will execute a member of the mafia (randomly chosen) with them.
1x Grand Leader
The Grand Leader is the true spirit of the Assassin Brotherhood and holds the most power and experience in the order. Their special ability comes from Eden itself and is a one time power-up that will revive a dead member of the Order at random.
1x Grand Judge
The Grand Judge is the wisest member of the Assassin Order and retains amazing abilities from years of training and bloodshed. Their special ability is that they can investigate a member of their order each round.
1-2x Grand Disciple
An Assassin that has shown their true colours, this member of the Brotherhood, though fresh, is still extremely valuable. They can only vote, and have no other special abilities.

Templar Spies Classes:

1x Gunslinger
The Gunslinger is a deadly Templar with a taste for firearms, this member of the Templar Initiative has an impeccable skill for taking down Assassins. They have a one time ability to do a double execution.
1x Shadowcaster
The Shadowcaster is a secretive member of the Templar union that retains dark knowledge and abilities. This expert on invisibility and the art of stealth can avoid lynching up to three times (effect cancelled out by Grand Warrior perk).
1x King
The King is the leader of the Templars and is the eldest member of the cabinet. This time comes with experience as the King's ability is they can randomly reveal the role of one member of the Grand Masters publicly.
1-2x Peon
The Peon is a respected member of the Templar order that has not yet been tested in true battle. This person retains only the ability to vote like everyone else.

Assassins:

8-10+x Assassins
Assassins are the true blood of the order and can only vote on who they believe is a threat to them.

This is a war for the Pieces of Eden. If the Templars succeed, they take the prized items and use them for nefarious purposes, so the Assassins must stop the traitors in their midst

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Posting this for later use. Mafia: Classic II will actually be called Mafia: Classic II - Reveangance.

STjQ53j.png

Buenos dias, ma name is Surf Destruct, and I am the dios de pimienta this evening.   :devil: 

Mafia 16.0: Nearly the same gist as the previous Classic EXCEPT... there's now a hot potato. Well it's not a potato, it's really a pepper. If you hold it too long it will deliver unto thee various unsatisfactory side effects, so you'll need to give it to another player before it... explodes!? NOOO??? AFK players beware???

The mechanics of the Peppers are down below. Pick a number from 1-24, and post a suggestion if you feel I'm either doing something wrong, or not a specific something at all. Also, post questions if you have any: especially if you're a new player who doesn't know all the rules yet.

The game will begin once I finish the role status images, and we get a full house.  :)

How To Play:

Basics:

The goal of Mafia is this:

1. Pro-Town must kill all of Anti-Town.
  2. Anti-Town must kill all of Pro-Town.

This must be done while you attempt to keep your identity a secret if you happen to have a role. The game does not have a time limit, but goes by a Round structure: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, etc.

Once one of the Factions has killed the other Faction they win the game (or when it's almost certain that the other Faction is pretty much backed into a corner with no way out).

Game Structure / Rounds:

• Intro:

​Before the game is started all RNG chosen Special Roles will receive their respective Role PMs. A Civilian, however, will NOT receive a PM. From the start Protown Roles get individual PMs, and Mafia will receive a Group PM with all the Mafians in it except the Spy, who gets their own PM.

After the PMs are sent the game will begin with the 48 hour wait...

• The Game Begins:

48 hour wait: - Downtime to activate role powers for Round 1, or discuss things in the PMs, or thread. The Mafians must choose one of their own to kill 1 person for the "Execution", and that Mafian will appear on the Suspect List. This is mandatory. All the Special Roles must reply to their PMs to activate their powers, or let RNG do it if they're AFK.

• Round 1 (or #)

1: Execution - The first part of a Round where the Execution Protection Investigation SPUDOW! takes place. Pepper Immunity will also be posted.

2: The Suspect List - Where 3 randomly chosen players, and the 1 Mafian who did the Execution reside. Everyone will be allowed to vote for 1 of the 4 people on the Suspect List. Also, there will always be at least 1 Mafian on the Suspect List. There will also be a 5th ??? option that, if getting all the votes, will kill 1 RNG chosen player on the Suspect List. You can also vote Null if you wish.

Suspect List Example:

Professor Doop

Argonaut Tribute

MonkeyNoodleFace

OoglyBoogly

Null

???

3: The Lynch - The person with the most votes will be killed: they will die, have their role publicly revealed, and become a Ghost. If there is a tie between 2-4 people then it will revert back to a Voting list with just those people, and the voters will have to choose who to die again. If it's still a tie then RNG will choose who shall die.

• End of Round 1 (or #)

48 hour wait until the next Round, and the cycle starts over again from #1 above.

Factions:

(18x) Pro-Town

(Wins by killing all the Mafians)

16x Civilians:

• No powers other than the power to vote

1x Detective:

• Investigates 1 person per Round
  • The Spy will show up as a Civilian if Investigated
  • Can also reveal if the person Investigated has a Pepper in their possession except the Spy

1x Medic:

• Can protect 1 person from Execution at the start of a Round. The protected person's role is revealed ONLY if the Mafians wanted to kill them that Round
  • Cannot protect themselves
  • The Medic can be immune to the effects of Peppers 1 time
  • Anyone the Medic protects will be immune to the effects of Peppers only 1 time

(6x) Anti-Town (Mafia)

(Wins by killing all the Protowns)

4x Goons:

• Technical counterpart to Civilians, and as such have no powers other than the power to vote

1x Juggernaut:

• Has 2 Lives
  • Can eat 1 Pepper, and utterly destroy it. This can only be done 1 time. After the first Pepper eaten the Juggernaut can be affected by Peppers. The Juggernaut can choose to not eat a Pepper, and pass it along instead if they wish

1x Spy

• Registers as a Civilian when Investigated by the Detective
  • Is NOT included with the other Mafian's group PM
  • The Spy is immune to Execution, but the Lynch that originally followed will proceed as if the Execution occurred
  • If Investigated while holding a Pepper the fact that you have one is hidden from the Detective

(??x) You-Snooze-You-Lose-Town

(Allegiance varies)

(Ghosts cannot win the game on their own)

Ghosts:

• Regular dead players from any Faction. They can still help their factions like normal
  • Ghosts cannot use their old Role Powers
  • A dead Player can still vote, but only has .5 voting power
  • Can have 1 voting power if killed by a Trinidad Scorpion Pepper
  • Ghosts are immune to the effects of Peppers, and cannot be given one

The Peppers:

"This jalapeno is one spicy character by day and The Macramé Vigilante by night. You might be wondering what his secret weapons is... it's knots."

The Peppers are hot potato like devices that are passed from player to player. A singular Pepper will explode on a set date, and if a player is holding the Pepper on that date they will be affected by varying degrees of dangerous spicyness. 

The first RNG chosen Pepper will spawn at the start of Round 1, and explode on Round 3. Every Pepper after that will have a timer to self destruct... heehaw, exactly 2 Rounds after spawning. So a Pepper that spawns on Round 5 will explode on Round 7, and so on.

Once the Pepper explodes another RNG chosen one will spawn. Later on in the game there's a chance that more than one Pepper is out and about, so stay on your toes!

The Pepper can be exchanged in one of three ways:

1. You send the person you want to give the Pepper to a PM stating you're giving them the specific kind of Pepper. You MUST add me to the PM so I can verify the exchange. I prefer that you pass along the respective Pepper icon that denotes what kind of Pepper it is. I will post the icon if you cannot.
  2. You state who you want to send it to, and I will send that person a PM with the Pepper: that way you remain anonymous. 
  3. You can also "fake" having a Pepper to fool another player into freaking out over receiving a dud. I will still know who has the REAL Pepper(s), so those who have them will be affected, and those who don't will not.

Also, there will be an Immunity list of 4 people posted every Round that will negate all Pepper effects given to a person, but only to those 4 people.

There are 4 types of Peppers each with respective images that show their uniqueness that have a chance of being released:

1x Ghost Pepper:

• Will take away .5 of your voting power when detonated.

1x Naga Viper:

• Will take away 1 of your voting powers if detonated.

1x Trinidad Scorpion:

• Will take away 1 life, but let you keep your full voting power when detonated.

1x Carolina Reaper:

• Will not only take away 1 life, but remove all of your voting powers as well.

General Rules, and Pepper Rules [READ]:

General

Mafian (the person who did the Execution in a Round, or botched it), and 3 RNG players show up per Lynch.

You may vote for a fellow Factioner to keep your identity hidden.

There will be a 5th ??? option on the Suspect List that will kill an RNG chosen player from that List.

- You may PM other players in your attempts to figure out other roles, and further your own plans.

You may print screen, or screenshot copy the text featured at the very beginning of your Faction PM to show to others as proof. Do so at your own risk.

You may add whoever you want to your Role PM.

You may post fake, or edited proof images, videos, or other content.

You may screenshot anything, and use it as proof if you wish.

You may accuse other players of roles within the thread, lie, or call out another role.

You may post completely irrelevant comments in the thread, and PMs.

You may reveal, or fake your role.

Pepper Rules:

- The Pepper will ALWAYS explode 2 Rounds after spawning.

- You can have more than one Pepper at a time.

- You can hold a Pepper until right before Detonation date, and then hand it off to another player: giving them 0 time to react. If you do this you will no longer be Immune to Pepper effects.

There will be 4 RNG chosen people on the Pepper Immunity list posted every Round. After a set date when the population is low enough there will no longer be any Pepper Immunity.

- You can pass around fake Peppers, but you must make it convincing enough to fool other players: as in doing everything I require of someone who's passing a Pepper in the Pepper section above.

- I will say a Pepper has spawned at the beginning of a Round, but NOT which kind of Pepper.

Conduct:

- Be respectful of other players.

- Keep the negative emotional investment in the game at a minimum to prevent players from becoming angry, or mad at each other. If you're heated go walk it off.

Do not request me for a role.

You may not under any circumstances use staff or mod powers, whether they are yours or someone else's, to aid your team.

Player List:

Role Status [in Progress]:

• 3 months later...

mwEq5hP.png

Salutations, my name is Strife Destruct, and I am your damnation deliverer this evening.  :angel: 

Mafia ??.0: The continuation of the Mafia: Classic line with a twist: this is a themed game, but still has the same mechanics & roles as before.

The theme? A Masquerade Ball with underlying supernatural phenomenon. An entrepreneur is holding a costume party in his extravagant domain. Little do the guests know that this mysterious host harbors malevolent intent... but they are not alone in this plot. Wolves in sheep's clothing lurk about the night waiting for their next victim...

The secret organization known as the "Masquerade" must be thwarted.

How To Play:

Basics:

The goal of Mafia is this:

1. Guests must kill all of the Masquerade.
  2. Masquerade must slaughter all the Guests.

This must be done while you attempt to keep your identity a secret if you have a role other than Patron. The game does not have a time limit, but goes by a Round structure: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, etc.

Once one of the Factions has killed the other Faction they win the game (or when it's almost certain that the other Faction is pretty much backed into a corner with no way out).

Game Structure / Rounds:

• Intro:

​Before the game is started all RNG chosen Special Roles will receive their respective Role PMs. A Patron, however, will NOT receive a PM. From the start Guest Roles get individual PMs, and Masquerade will receive a Group PM with all the members except the Traitor, who gets their own PM.

After the PMs are sent the game will begin with the 48 hour wait...

• The Game Begins:

48 hour wait: - Downtime to activate role powers for Round 1, or discuss things in the PMs, or thread. The Masquerade must choose one of their own to kill 1 person for the Snuffing, and that Masquerader will appear on the Suspect List. This is mandatory: NO RNG ALLOWED. All the Special Roles must reply to their PMs to activate their powers lest they lose a chance to use them.

• Round 1 (or #)

1: Snuffing - The first part of a Round where the Snuffing Thwarting Inquiry takes place.

2: Suspect List - Where 3 randomly chosen players, and the 1 Masquerader who did the Snuffing reside. Everyone will be allowed to vote for 1 of the 4 people on the Suspect List. Also, there will always be at least 1 Masquerader on it. 

There will be two more options: one being Null which is to vote for no one to die. The other being RNG, which slays a random person on the list.

Suspect List Example:

Paper Clippings

ChopChop Masta Onon's Disciple 

Brandon

Sadomasochism1

Null

RNG

3: The Lynch - The person with the most votes will be killed: they will die, have their role publicly revealed, and become a Revenant. If there is a tie between 2-4 people then it will revert back to a Voting list with just those people, and the voters will have to choose who to die again. If it's still a tie then it'll count as Null, and no one will die.

• End of Round 1 (or #)

48 hour wait until the next Round, and the cycle starts over again from #1 above.

Guests & Masquerade:

(10x) Guests

(Wins by killing all aligned with the Masquerade)

8x Patrons

• No powers other than the power to vote

1x Sleuth

• Investigates 1 person per Round
  • The Spy will show up as a Civilian if Investigated

1x Militant

• Can protect 1 person from Snuffing at the start of a Round. The protected person's role is revealed ONLY if the Masquerade wanted to kill them that Round
  • Cannot protect themselves

(4x) Masquerade (Mafia)

(Wins by disemboweling all the Guests)

2x Masochists

• Technical counterpart to Patrons, and as such have no powers other than the power to vote

1x Ring Leader

• Has 2 Lives

1x Traitor

• Registers as a Patron when Investigated by the Sleuth
  • Is NOT included with the other Masquerade's group PM
  • The Traitor is immune to Snuffing, but the Lynch that originally followed will proceed as if the Snuffing occurred

(??x) Haunted

(Allegiance varies)

(Revenants cannot win the game on their own)

Revenants:

• Regular dead players from any Faction. They can still help their factions like normal
  • Revenants cannot use their old Role Powers
  • A dead Player can still vote, but only have .5 voting power

Rules [READ]:

General:

Do not request me for a role.

- RNG will not do the job for you, be you a Masquerader or a Guest Special Role. Missed your chance? Wait til next Round.

- 1 Masquerader (the Snuffer), and 3 RNG players show up per Lynch.

- Masqueraders CANNOT add anyone except their own kind to their PMs.

- Any Guest role can add whoever they want to their PM: be it Masquerader, or Guest.

- Screenshot, and post whatever you want. Be it from a Faction PM, or somewhere else.

- Forged content of any kind is allowed.

Accusations, and lying are allowed.

Voting for team members is allowed.

Irrelevant posts are allowed.

Being undercover, and acting like you're helping the enemy team and/or actually helping them to further your team's goals is allowed.

- Full throttle team betrayal is not allowed.

Conduct:

- Keep the negative emotional investment in the game at a minimum to prevent yourself and/or other players from becoming angry. If you're heated go walk it off.

The game has honor rules in regards to Mod powers. Please don't use them to gain an advantage.

- I'm not a Moderator, so I won't attempt to backseat moderate. It's their job to handle flame wars, NOT ours.

Player List:

Maybe more, maybe less

Role Status:

Edited by Self Destruct

Surprised the rules didn't have anything against the Mafia not killing anyone. Weren't you gonna put that in?

That's a nice visual theme for Mafia you have mind though.

Oh I forgot to put that in the rules. There's a sentence somewhere in there that says RNG won't do the kills for them though, I know it's there. I'll update it.

God knows why the image is blurry, but here's one of the sketches I'm going to use for one of the roles: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCXCb3tyMrI/

I was thinking about making around 14 or so sketches: each for 1 player. Each player will be assigned a sketch, and it'll be the one that sticks with them for the rest of the game. I'm not going to make role-specific sketches like a Juggernaut-centric one so that everyone's in the dark on who's who. Kind of like how a Masked Ball works in real life. 

I like the idea of assigning sketches that way. That particular one is very grotesque looking. Hope they're not all like that though.

They're ALL like this. :troll:

Idk, maybe I should stick with cartoons. I really want to go all out, but the simplification of a cartoon prevents me from doing this.

They're ALL like this. :troll:

Idk, maybe I should stick with cartoons. I really want to go all out, but the simplification of a cartoon prevents me from doing this.

No, no, I like the detail, and given your timeframe it's practical too. That particular design just didn't get me, ya know?

I'm officially changing the game to a themed one: a full-fledge Masquerade Ball. It still has the same mechanics as Classic II.

The Guests are Protown, and the Masquerade are Mafia.

Every player will get a mask, not ones that are horrifying like I previously intended. Every player has the option of choosing what their mask will look like, but can let me handle it if they have no preference. The choices will be restricted, and I won't take a request that does not follow these 3 rules:

• 1 color for their mask
  • Disposition. Like anger, sadness, joy, etc
  • Specific animal, or Human

Then, after RNG chooses the Mafians, the players who are as such will receive haunted masks: nightmarish versions of their cover ones. These will show up if they're killed, or confirmed.

Does this sound too complicated? I think it would be fun. The problem with this is that there's no guessing, like "Is that Drizzy under that mask?", "Lol, no". That's how Masked Parties usually work.

I'm officially changing the game to a themed one: a full-fledge Masquerade Ball. It still has the same mechanics as Classic II.

The Guests are Protown, and the Masquerade are Mafia.

Every player will get a mask, not ones that are horrifying like I previously intended. Every player has the option of choosing what their mask will look like, but can let me handle it if they have no preference. The choices will be restricted, and I won't take a request that does not follow these 3 rules:

• 1 color for their mask
  • Disposition. Like anger, sadness, joy, etc
  • Specific animal, or Human

Then, after RNG chooses the Mafians, the players who are as such will receive haunted masks: nightmarish versions of their cover ones. These will show up if they're killed, or confirmed.

Does this sound too complicated? I think it would be fun. The problem with this is that there's no guessing, like "Is that Drizzy under that mask?", "Lol, no". That's how Masked Parties usually work.

That sounds completely awesome. Should we send you our mask appearances by PM beforehand then?

Yes. I'm actually going to finish up the thread, and post it as a sign-up / suggestions page. The players can post their requests ahead of Yoshi's game ending. Anyone who doesn't care to do it will get a randomized mask I'll deliver to them via PM. All the masks will show up in the Role Status, but who & what role they belong to will be a mystery.

If, and when a player is 100% confirmed, but not killed I'll reveal their mask in the thread.

Graphics for all of these are in development, and will be posted after completion.

Animals:

Dog

Wolf

House Cat

Panther

Lion

Duck

Eagle

Horse

Goat

Pig

Bat

Rabbit

Color: 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been making allot of dead-end Mafia threads (ideas that seemingly die), so sorry. They're all here because I can't save them anywhere else, and really if it exists here then there's a chance it'll come to fruition: like the ACTUAL GAME I'm doing next:

Mafia: Stand Alone Complex. This is an old one I left alone last year. Basically there's a bunch of roles like Axilus' Covenant Edition game, and all three Factions are capable of winning the game. There's quite a few new additions as well.

Feel free to give feedback if you want. Oh, and if you want me to move forward with some other concept - like one I've posted before - then tell me.

2zhnsZ8.png

Greetings, sadists. I am your host, Illumninati Destructo!   :ninja: 

Puzzle:

16 pieces to a puzzle will be given to everyone except 3 people from the Mafia Side: the ones that are in the Group PM. You can do as you will with these pieces, or edit them to fool someone else. In any case: upon completion of the TRUE puzzle I will use my power on you. This power is NOT detrimental, but what it exactly is shall remain a mystery until the puzzle is solved.

It is possible for multiple people to be given access, but not above 2. Everyone will be notified when someone solves the puzzle.

And before you say "But what if some pieces remain hidden forever!" I will state that links to certain pieces will show up in the official Host posts. You'll have to hunt for them on your own.

And I wouldn't have you jump through hoops unless this power was important: which it is. Though it'll change if I die before someone solves the puzzle.

Host Participation:

The Host(s) will be participating in the game, but not like you'd expect.

They're basically just players who are not a part of the information market, and ones that CAN be killed, shafted, or affected by other Role powers.

Roles:

(8x) Pro-Town

(Can win by killing all the Mafians & hostile Neutrals)

4x Civilians 

• The power to vote, baby

1x  Private Eye

• Investigate 1 player's role per round

1x Witness Protection

• Can protect 1 player from death at the start of a round. However, a person targeted by two or more parties will die
  • Cannot protect themself

1x Sentinel

• Has 2 lives

1x Medic

• [2x]: Able to lend an extra life to anyone you choose: including dead players

(3x) Neutral-Town

(Can win by killing all of Protown, and Mafia)

1x Secret Santa

• [2x]: Increase a role's power usage (if they have one) by 1: thus allowing them to use their own power one more time: even if they're dead and unable to use their power
  • Secret Santa cannot give themselves a power point

1x Exfiltrator

• [2x]: Bust a player out of Jail AKA the Suspect List

​1x Dirty Cop

• [2x]: Take someone's vote, and use it for yourself. It'll be returned once you die, or the other person dies

(4x) Anti-Town (Mafia)

(Wins by killing all the Protowns & hostile Neutrals)

1x Spy

• Shows up as a Civilian when Investigated by the Private Eye
  • NOT included in the Main PM

1x Illuminati

• [3x]: view the absolute last sentence said in any Role PM per round
  • NOT included in the Main PM

1x Dreadnaut

• 3 Lives & 3 Votes
  • Vote count is reduced by .5 after each death

1x Don

• Casts 1 normal vote, and 1 secret vote
  • Upon death vote count becomes 1

(??x) Anomalies

(Alliegance varies)

1x Host

• Power is revealed to the player(s) who complete the puzzle
  • The Host can only vote for Roulette on the Suspect List

?x Ghosts

• A TRUE dead person
  • Unable to use powers
  • Ghosts usually have a vote count of .5

Rules:

Mafian (the person who did the Execution in a Round, or botched it), and 3 RNG players show up per Lynch.

- Roulette kills 1 random person from the Suspect List.

You may vote for a fellow Factioner (or possibly have a hand in killing them) to keep your identity hidden.

- Post what you want.

Mafians CANNOT add any role besides a Mafian to their PM.

You may add whoever you want to your Role PM if you're not Mafian.

Player List:

22+

Role Status:

I will host the next available Mafia spot opening... Whenever that is..

I was planning on doing mine after Spiderman's game, but seeing how Axilus has yet to do his I'll probably have to hold off. 

So either I do the game after Spidey, go further after Axilus, or wait after your game. I dunno how it will play out yet.

Do you have an idea for your game already?

I was planning on doing mine after Spiderman's game, but seeing how Axilus has yet to do his I'll probably have to hold off. 

So either I do the game after Spidey, go further after Axilus, or wait after your game. I dunno how it will play out yet.

Do you have an idea for your game already?

Not as of currently, but I would like to reserve a spot beforesay.