343i 50th Weekly Community Poll

BeckoningZebra1

Welcome all to the 50th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

WP2bd2d.png

Welcome all to the final weekly community poll! This the 50th 343i Weekly Community Poll to be posted and will be the last. Last week's poll results were a bit different, the poll asked members which Halo 4 weapon they didn't want in Halo 5, and they made their answer very clear:

AN OVER-POWERED BOLTSHOT! So while most member want to see the Boltshot return, they don't want to see an over-powered Boltshot return. Take a look at Unease P34nut's take on the Boltshot:

This is an easy one...

The Boltshot needs to be destroyed from existence. Absolutely obliterated! No trace whatsoever!!!

Having a pocket shotgun was just a tad too OP. I see what 343i tried to do, but giving it that much range was just nuts. Not only is the insta-kill range too far, the range at which it drops your shield, which is even longer, is far too far as well.

Not only that but it gets two shots? A cooldown time of half a second? What is this?!

Next to that the single fire option is completely useless as you cannot even drop someone using all 10 shots single fired so you were kinda forced to go hide in a corner with marshmellows and shotgun everyone that just so happens to come round.

How much more can you provoke camping with this gun?!

There is no thing more frustrating than getting jumped by someone with the Boltshot, and even though he misses he gets the chance to fire a second time or switch to his primary to finish you off.

If you use this gun, and I know there are some of you out there, I immediatly lose all respect for you.

[/rant]

EDIT:

After a long shoutbox dicussion I've come to terms on which it possibly can return to Halo 5 if it's fixed in the following way.

1. buff the single fire mode up to it taking one or two shots more to kill someone (last shot headshot) in comparison to the Pistol.

2. Nerf the Charged shot to it only taking down shields IF all pallets hit.

3. Increase the cooldown time to prevent quick charge and pop kills.

If it were to return with these changes I'd be able to tolerate it.

This week's poll will be my last. I'll explain more when this poll's results are posted- This week's Community Poll was suggested by Community Moderator, Total Mayh3m.

Which map should 343i Remaster Next? Explain what could change and what you would like to remain.

halo-2-anniversary-lockout-elbow-remaste

Leave your thoughts along with your vote below.

Voting ends 11-03-2014 @ 6:00 AM EST 

Thanks for participating in the Weekly Community Poll 
and See y'all next week! 
:wave:

(Just a note, the results of this week's poll will be posted in this thread

since this there will not be a new poll next week)        

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to the poll? Message BZ1.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

That snowy map in Halo 2/H3. :)

Why?

Because im tired of seeing these damm Blood gulch remakes. If they are going to remaster something ( not like I want them to ) They should do something that has not been remasterd in every Halo game. Blood gulch is just meh now.

Now what should they change?

I don't care to be honest. Something that spices the map up a little I suppose.

backwash_shotty.gif

Backwash. This map had such a short life span on the original Xbox Halo 2 that it deserves to be known again. It gives off flood vibes and brings back memories of the level "343 Guilty Spark" in CE, except with 2401 Penitent Tangent floating around the place. I would just want the map back for aesthetics alone.

• Like 2

What was that one from Halo CE called...chrilon t34 or something. The one with all the teleporters.

That would be the best infection map.

This.

It'd be cool to have a Chiron (whatever it's called) DLC map for Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer. I'd also love to see a more elaborate, and complex version of that Teleporter map in Halo 5.

UPDATE: I'm not sure if they would even use a CE map for Halo 2: Anniversary since you know... it's not Halo 2. We can hope though.

If we were restricted to using a map from Halo 2, then I would pick Backwash (like rrhuntington says) because 1: That map is spooky as hell because of the fog and flood looking features. It would make for a good map to preview the new Infection mode.

The Dynamic Element could be to shoot a pipe on the central structure. It would rupture and make the fog on the map extremely dense: enough so to cut visibility to near 0. Some Forerunner Sentinels could then show up and repair the pipe and returning the Fog to normal.

Edited by Hell Verruckt

Foundry

I mean the map was one of the best maps to forge on. Imagine with Halo 2A's new forge features and the power of the X1 could do to help it! What if you could open the doors that lead outside or drive Forklifts :drool:

Foundry also had a huge deal of variety when it came to lighting and out of all Halo 3 Forge maps the Foundry ones stood out the most to me. 

As for new features besides adding in all the new content like a Gungoose or Forklift(pls 343i). The addition of Garage doors that can be switched on/off and the possibility of more space outside of the base "Foundry area from Halo 3" would seem like the right direction to go. 

• Like 2

Foundry

I mean the map was one of the best maps to forge on. Imagine with Halo 2A's new forge features and the power of the X1 could do to help it! What if you could open the doors that lead outside or drive Forklifts :drool:

Foundry also had a huge deal of variety when it came to lighting and out of all Halo 3 Forge maps the Foundry ones stood out the most to me. 

As for new features besides adding in all the new content like a Gungoose or Forklift(pls 343i). The addition of Garage doors that can be switched on/off and the possibility of more space outside of the base "Foundry area from Halo 3" would seem like the right direction to go. 

They would probably do that for Halo 3: Anniversary.

Great idea though.

For remastered maps, I don't think the particular title matters much.  Every title has had a few maps make a comeback.  But for the purpose of this poll, I'll stick to an actual new map to halo 2 that should be remastered.   COLOSSUS!

Colossus was a fantastic symmetrical map.  It was medium sized and had 3 different tiers of platforms to wage war from.  All areas were easily accessible on foot, and allowed every single game-type to be played upon flawlessly.  Not many maps can boast such a well rounded design and smooth playable game-type variation.

If this map were to be remade, the only changes should be done to the actual Forerunner architecture.  The layout is perfect as is, but the hallways door frames, roof beams, etc would need to be updated to match the now current Forerunner Technology feel.  Another awesome thing about this map, is that even if you factored in some kind of Spartan ability or AA such as Jetpack or Sprint, the map would still be a damn well done layout that could support those features without hindering it's quality or game-type support.

But I do want to add that yes, a snow/ice level would be nice, and I think a great map from CE's past that deserves a remake is Icefields.

• Like 3

The results from the 50th 343i Weekly Community Poll are final! The next map 343i should remake is Chiron TL-34!

Thank you all so much for participating in these polls over the last year or so, it's been wonderful to see user discussion and debate stirred by your participation in the polls. Unfortunately, my personal life -outside of the forum- has made it difficult for me to think of new polls and find the time to post them once I do, leading me to cease the posting of any polls in the coming weeks. 

I am unsure if the Poll will return after the Holiday season, but if it does, expect it in early 2015. 

Thank you for making the 343i Weekly Community Poll a success, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• Like 8