What are your feelings on Zero Bloom?

Substandard IQ

If bloom is taken out, Rate of Fire should be decreased. This is to balance the game and reduce spam.

I completely agree with this statement, without bloom the rate of fire is to quick and kind of ruins the game play. If they get rid of bloom I say reduce the firing rate in that game type.

I personally don't like the bloom, I feel it dismisses the super solder aspect of the Spartans. A 7 foot tall bio-engenered monster encased in

power armor should have no trouble maintaining accuracy when firing a rifle that uses 7.62 mm bullets.

That said, Reach was developed with bloom in mind. Getting rid of it will change the whole dynamics of the game.

Think about the fire rate of needle rifle, with out the bloom it would be to powerful.

There is no such thing as luck in a video game or life.

If you have any computer programming knowledge, you've heard of this thing called a random number generator. This is what is used to make bloom what it is...and it's random. That's luck, tool.

True luck would imply that life or a game has no set variables or rules ruling actions and effects.

Wrong again, luck infers that there *are* variables. And in the case of bloom, there are.

Zero bloom should be shoved up bungies ass because its the ****. No but seriously this IS HALO, and to all that are saying it takes no skill WTF are you talking about. Its pinpoint it requires the best aim, yes the hitboxes are a little big, but bloom is crap over XBL players get rewarded for bad shots. I think internet warriors are butt hurt cause they realize that they are not as good as they thought.

Zero bloom does NOT take more skill...ESPECIALLY when you consider the bleed through effect ! why is it that i die from ONE bullet *that is NOT a headshot* when my shields aren't gone and are just low ?! how is that skillful ? I've had it done to me and I've done it to other people. ZB is alright i guess but in no way should it replace the regular settings. Like someone else said they need to lower the ROF on the dmr pistol and needler rifle if they're going to keep the no bloom thing.

Zero bloom feels little different but really makes no big difference for me. Shots are no more accurate than they were before and still have to be paced. Bloom or no bloom, it makes no difference to me.

Hey Anteraan, if you knew anything about the tag structure of Reach, MegaloScript, or any other Halo title, you would know that that the game engine doesn't use a random generator, nor does random numbers have anything to do with bloom. Do you know what exactly bloom is? Or are you just spamming around trying to get your post count up?

I know the mechanics of the game systems incorporated into Halo and the Blam! engines. As for your little poke at luck...

Here are a few actual dictionary definitions of luck.... explain how they apply to to Halo after reading my explanation as to how they don't....

1. events that are beyond control and seem subject to chance; fortune

2. an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another; "bad luck caused his downfall"; "we ran into each other by pure chance"

3. the state of happening by chance

And chance....

1. The unknown and unpredictable element in happenings that seems to have no assignable cause

2. A force assumed to cause events that cannot be foreseen or controlled; luck

3. An accidental or unpredictable event

Chance nor Luck apply to Halo. Luck as stated and widely accepted, would suggest that during gameplay, noone has control of set variables or reactions to eachothers actions, but rather an outside unseen variable. This of coarse is not true, since I can show you many lines of extracted netcode data and show you all operations and variables. There are no magical generated ones. Chance also like luck, has no hand in any video game. There are no unpredictable events or elements. All of those things are hard coded into the game and or engine. Even a random number generator is not luck or chance. If you know the syntaxes being used, you can equate the same generation of numbers as the computer, AI etc...

Just because most of the time, you fail to notice the miniscule amount of vector your shot is actually aimed at and lost the battle, does not constitute it being luck or chance in the opponents favor. You just simply didn't have the shot lined up as accuratly as the guy who gave you a new breathing hole. People just need to accept the fact that they are not perfect. Man is flawed and makes mistakes, it takes a true man to admit he made a mistake. Boys just cry about how it's unfair and how things should change to be in their favor. Thanks for reading folks. Enjoy the rest of your day! Reaper out!

• Like 1

Having kept up with the series from the original release of CE, the Zero bloom has a nice nostalgic feel to it. Though it should certainly be in it's own "Retro" playlists. Makes the pistol a staple weapon again. Though, on that note I have always said from day one "A pistol is a sidearm, NOT a hand cannon for galactic domination." Still, on occasion I get the itch for the old three shot special. Though I did notice a sharp increase in spamming, of which I more than took advantage of with the magnum, after I got a feel for it.

However, I tend to prefer the new mechanics. I honestly had to mentally force myself not to shoot in my normal cadence to take advantage of the ZB. I still caught myself doing a lot of carefully timed crouch shots at longer ranges, though. Old habits and all that.

Conclusion: Great for retro playlists, but keep it clear of the general lists.

Alot of people like me like not having bloom because it's classic halo. The reason I don't like the current bloom is because it's too bloomy meaning it's broken. I like the TU bloom settings better though because spamming is a must now, untill you go for the headshot.

The magnum should stay as a 5 shot weapon so the AR is usable, and so it won't be the main starting weapon in zero bloom slayer. The DMR needs to be the main 4 shot weapon.

I like zero bloom. I don't like how you die so so sooo quickly! Seriously, if your half shields, a headshot will kill you. Its stupid, you are completly powerless if someone gets even 1 shot on you from behind, you can't turn around and shoot because you will be killed by the time you can turn around, and you can't run because you will get killed too quickly. If this goes into matchmaking, I think Reach will be even more dead than before. Having bloom wasn't bad, people who wanted to spam the DMR just thought it was bad because they couldn't adapt.

For all the naysayers, first off if you love default Reach that's great, you have 90% of this game still that caters to you . But what about the people that have missed Halo, and HATE default Reach? Its not that we can't adapt (worst troll saying ever thought of imHo) it's that we miss OUR game. I know I for one haven't had this much fun since H2/3. I know Bungie was tired of making Halo and wanted to move on to other things but come on guys this is Not the game we grew up with.

I believe that is what 343 it trying to recapture, the games roots, I mean look the first re-release of any game worthwhile mentioning I've ever heard of (H1).

Does the playlist has it's faults of course, but tweak the pistol and i think 90% or better of the old school Halo players would agree, that and a few other tweaks would make this game/playlist actually feel like Halo again.

Picture this; you log onto Reach, select MM and two hoppers open up. One hopper is Default Reach filled with all the sub-hoppers this game brought with it. But wait there is another hopper below it, Default Halo with all the original MM hoppers in it, including retooled Invasion and other community favorites. Now tell me whats wrong with that? Like bloom go spam your simulation-like weapons as though you where a regular soldier(a Spartan can control recoil much better hence bloom should not exist for them). All the Halo purists, go play the game we bought the original Xbox for in the first place.

More points.

I know I for one don't feel that ZB encourages spamming (hear me out), yes the weapons should be shot at max rate of fire in alot of encounters(DMR pistol), but at the same time if you cannot control said RoF while maintaining accuracy it doesn't matter how fast you shoot. That was H2/3 in a nutshell, He (she) who can shoot the fastest while controlling their weapon had a greater chance of winning an encounter. And at the same time tactics like strafing and whatnot matter more without bloom, because the bullet will be in the same relative place everytime. Sure it may bounce around i the reticle but that reticle will keep its size and because of that skill can actually come back into play. (not saying Default doesn't).

In closing Halo fans want Halo back, Reach fans want to continue with their favorite game. There is absolutely no reason why we cannot have both. And most importantly the two groups (default/purists) should imho show each other respect and work together towards a game we can all enjoy. I don't care if you HATE ZB(I abhor default), you should at least be mature enough to realize we both deserve to have the game we love and paid for.

-Rev

• Like 1

Ugh, you guys still dont get the bloom thing do you? Take a look at an official interview with frankie. he addresses the bloom and what it is. He goes on to explain it the same way I have always explained it to you guys. The bloom is a reticule only visual and in no way is responsable for how the weapon fires. The TU that everyone is so fond of, is not only stopping the reticule from blooming, but it is also adjusting the "error cone" or firing radius of the weapon.

It's been discovered, that the new script function they have released with the TU uses about 7 new scripted floats that override the original wepaon tag values. These 7 floats are what are making the wepaons act the way they are, not bloom. And since when does bloom have anything to do with recoil? Since when was recoil ever an issue in any Halo game ever?!? Reach is the first time ever, people even thought to bring this up.

I still don't get what the major issue is though. I see a lot of people always quick to compare H2/H3 gameplay to Reachs', but you simply can't do that. No Halo title plays like the one before it. Everything about the gameplay mechanics, physics and handling is different. I get it, that a lot of people don't like the direction reach took, but it is no different than the way Halo 3 took a different path than H2, or the way halo 2 is completely worlds apart from H1. Everyone will always have a varying opinion when it comes to these types of things. And because opinions differ so much, that is why it is important from a developers aspect to not let peoples opinions dictate core functions of a game engine. Doing so would cause more outrage and varying opinions. In the end it would end up being an endless battle of back and forth and that battle would take massive amounts of time and money to fund.

We got exacrtly the game we paid for with reach. Again, you say the beta, you played the beta, and you read about everything they were putting into the game before it came out. if just now, a year later you realize you made a bad purchase, that is on you, not the developer. And personally I dont like your

default / purist addition in that post. you the hell are you to decide what is right and wrong? Little arogant there don't you think? Gamews mean different things to everyone, and yes those opinions should all be respected. But don't say things like "respect", then blatently catogorize people like "default" or "purist". It makes one group out to be superior to the other.

• Like 1

Twinreaper I appreciate you pointing this out to me, but I was already aware of how bloom worked haha, I'm more concerned with the fire rate of weapons in the zero bloom playlist (if they finalize it into a playlist as they have talked about).

But i do agree with your criticisms about the "default" and "purist" opinions

Yeah, the rate of fire is going to be a main sticking point. But from what I have uncovered about the tweaks...it is already written in stone, on how the scripts are handling the changes. The question remains...how much of it can they tweak without drastic adverse effects on the other data fields? I'm with you in hoping that they can and will reduce the rate of fire on the DMR. The pistol however, I dont mind. but they should have left that alone and just tweaked the damage levels of it. When comparing the way it fires to the H1 pistol, they are more similar at default.

Ive got a theory!

Bloom is for Spartan-III because they aren't as better as Spartan-II

So in Halo 4 we should have no bloom because you play as a Spartan-II and they are more superior.

This should also apply to the melee system because Spartan-II are stronger than Spartan-III, Spartan 2 can kill with melee if the opponent has half shields but Spartan 3 shouldn't.

I think this makes sense. I say put bloom in campaign for sure but I personally am undecided for putting it in Multiplayer. So far it's fun but mega spam fest.