What are your feelings on Zero Bloom?

Substandard IQ

I'm on the other side of the spectrum on this. I stopped playing Halo: reach because of the bloom system. They didn't get it right. I only started playing again because I heard they were dropping the bloom. I feel like people who actually know how to aim can excel now. With the bloom players with less dexterity would be able to win. Now you can tell who actually has good aim.

• Like 1

i have to say i like it a lot. I feel that it will show who is better, i was being beat before when i knew i was better then some and it just seems like they got luck when i started shooting them first in the head (i have videos to back that). So far the zero bloom i can walk around one shot and rack up on kills still. Im an accurate shooter i shoot manly for head shots. and i am one with crappy internet i don't lag out games just my area coverage here i have the fastest i can get and people with host will destroy me when they are not good.

I don't want to sound like i'm ragging on you but well see to be honest you would have excelled even with bloom if you were an accurate shooter, if you didn't excel it's probably due to the fact that you spam or can't control your bloom. I personally think that both zero bloom and bloom are good game styles. But bloom added depth to the game play because you had to be accurate and pace your shots properly

• Like 2

I'm on the other side of the spectrum on this. I stopped playing Halo: reach because of the bloom system. They didn't get it right. I only started playing again because I heard they were dropping the bloom. I feel like people who actually know how to aim can excel now. With the bloom players with less dexterity would be able to win. Now you can tell who actually has good aim.
You sir are a dumbass cause i think i can aim better than you with or without bloom...personally i think zero bloom makes it boring cause now all the weapons are overpowered and its to easy to kill people and to be on the recieving end of zero bloom is pretty anoying i like reach better than halo 3 because of this.
  • Like 1

You sir are a dumbass cause i think i can aim better than you with or without bloom...personally i think zero bloom makes it boring cause now all the weapons are overpowered and its to easy to kill people and to be on the recieving end of zero bloom is pretty anoying i like reach better than halo 3 because of this.

You must be one of those people that rely on the bloom to save you from dying. The bloom in reach is done wrong. Shadowrun got the bloom perfect where if you spam you were punished with horrible aim. In reach spamming is just as effective as timing your shots. dumbass.

• Like 1

Syndicate, bloom is not the real issue here. the issue is how they tied the blooming reticule adjustment into adjusting the firing spread of the dmr and other weapons. Bloom itself just shows you how much of a cool down period there is between shots before the system increases the radius of the weapons spread. All they did was make the firing radius and timing adjustable in an easy way that even the community could understand. It takes too much time to efficiently describe and corollate all the tag specific data and mechanics to properly explain the system ina way that a majority of players would accept.

Just for ease of understanding, zero bloom just gives the DMR, Pistol etc, a more battle rifle firing effect. it adds nothing to skill, just allows you to pound the trigger without any negative side effects. Aiming is little issue, as the "hitboxes" for the heads is slightly greater than that of the previous titles. Having a firing radius that expands and contracts based on how you fire the weapon, makes it require more skill. There is no such thing as luck in a video game or life. Luck is term used to explain the end product of a certain chain of events that have played out without 100% knowledge of the observer or participant. True luck would imply that life or a game has no set variables or rules ruling actions and effects.

343 industries i have been hearing from alot of people who are complaining about how much b/s the title update really is so please dont change anything because it is fine the way it is. Thank you

you know you don't have to play the TU playlist right?

The TU is fine, like okay playing with zero bloom is fun, its nice to see all my shots landing. I still think DMR is better with bloom. If it should become a change on a bigger level, it should only be put into the MLG playlist. The rest are golden as they are.

But the new playlist itself is a mistake, ZB rarely comes up, there have been times that it didn't even come up on either of the 2 voting rounds. And thats messed up, cause you can't expect players to go from game to game into different bloom settings.

Yeah I know the TU offered more changes than just the reduce of bloom, but really, ZB should pop up more often. I can't stand people who go on the Beta playlist and vote for DMR Slayer on Countdown, camp with shotgun and swords. Go play Team Slayer already, jesus.

Syndicate, bloom is not the real issue here. the issue is how they tied the blooming reticule adjustment into adjusting the firing spread of the dmr and other weapons. Bloom itself just shows you how much of a cool down period there is between shots before the system increases the radius of the weapons spread. All they did was make the firing radius and timing adjustable in an easy way that even the community could understand. It takes too much time to efficiently describe and corollate all the tag specific data and mechanics to properly explain the system ina way that a majority of players would accept.

Just for ease of understanding, zero bloom just gives the DMR, Pistol etc, a more battle rifle firing effect. it adds nothing to skill, just allows you to pound the trigger without any negative side effects. Aiming is little issue, as the "hitboxes" for the heads is slightly greater than that of the previous titles. Having a firing radius that expands and contracts based on how you fire the weapon, makes it require more skill. There is no such thing as luck in a video game or life. Luck is term used to explain the end product of a certain chain of events that have played out without 100% knowledge of the observer or participant. True luck would imply that life or a game has no set variables or rules ruling actions and effects.

I agree with what you are saying but I, and many other people, have noticed that people that take their time to shoot don't get rewarded the kill the majority of the time. Shadowrun does a very good job at balancing the rate of fire.

spamming the trigger while aiming for the head does not require skill. i am not a fan of the TU at all. the pistol yea thats sweet. but everything else is a bad taste in my mouth. im not gonna bother playing the update. i hate the fact that they got rid of bloom on the dmr/needler rifle. you might as well change the reticule now because that tiny middle circle means jack **** now. im sorry i hate this TU so badly.

im probably gonna get the piss ripped for this but what exactly does the Zero Bloom mean please? Im just a little confused :blushing:

....zero bloom means no bloom. when the tiny little circle goes in and out in the middle of the dmr reticule. yea that doesnt happen anymore. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

....zero bloom means no bloom. when the tiny little circle goes in and out in the middle of the dmr reticule. yea that doesnt happen anymore. :thumbdown:

Ah i got ya :) thank you. I dont know if i like the sound of that or not...ive only played a couple of ZB games and ive done ****EEEEE in both... i had got used to the DMR on normal slayer and could use it pretty well on Multi Team but having said that is could be good for SWAT? ive watched the other half play no end of Swat and there is blatently some kills that are Headshots that you dont get the kill for then when it clearly isnt a headshot you get the kill and the medal but you can see you have sooooo shot them in the chest or something lol. :)

Ah i got ya :) thank you. I dont know if i like the sound of that or not...ive only played a couple of ZB games and ive done ****EEEEE in both... i had got used to the DMR on normal slayer and could use it pretty well on Multi Team but having said that is could be good for SWAT? ive watched the other half play no end of Swat and there is blatently some kills that are Headshots that you dont get the kill for then when it clearly isnt a headshot you get the kill and the medal but you can see you have sooooo shot them in the chest or something lol. :)

yes in swat it will be good, i like swat but i get really annoyed some times because of the HUGE random factor

I like it. It kinda brings me back to Halo 3.

It still doesnt feel like halo 3

Zero Bloom needs to be put in this game due to the fact that bloom is less skill than Zero Bloom. Bloom has an irregularity on bullets bigger bloom less chance for a headshot with the occational full bloom headshot 75% luck on headshot. Zero Bloom spamming 5 shots to the head and get the kill 100% skill. If you want to compare skill with luck Zero takes skill. Bloom with timing even a .20 second off will result in bull and not one person can have that kind of timing down. If you can keep Bloom on somebodies head and get kill after kill then Zero Bloom should not affect you.

• Like 3