which halo 4 forge map do you like(updated for forge island)

Banehalo

what forge map do you like  

24 members have voted

1. 1. what map do you like

• ravine
    • erosion
    • impact
    • forge island
    • all of the above
    • none of the above
    • A and B
    • A and C
    • A and D
    • B and C
    • B and C
    • D and C
  2. 2. do you think it somewhat better than reach

• yes
    • no
    • a bit
    • kinda but wish forge world was in here instead of the three maps
  3. 3. do you think now that halo 4 has magnets you can remake reach maps much better (if so tell me why)

• yes
    • kinda
    • not really
    • no

if this is already been done sorry didn't mean to copy but i was wondering cause everyone complains that forge world is gone i want to know who really a true forger and who likes the maps on halo 4 and if you like to tell a little story explain why you like that map.

enjoy and sorry again if it is already been a topic already didn't me too

hello if people are reading this and voted redo the vote cause i updated because forge island is now out i want to see who still loves it and who hates it. if any moderators think i'm trying to break a rule i'm trying not i just wanted to put this out.

thanks for your understanding that i'm not making anyone mad or at least trying not too 

Edited by Banehalo

I love forging on Impact, it's such a nice new erm.. Forging field I guess you could call it. Adds more possibilities for map making themes instead of just the same old green everywhere or water all over the place... That's my opinion anyways...

Now the question of whether it is better than Reach's, in some ways, I find yes, in others, no. The magnets would have been a nice addition if not the fact they were implemented rather poorly for most pieces... The addition of trait zones and gravity volumes was also a very nice addition IMO. The thing that I dislike most about Halo 4's Forge though is that they kinda removed the precision forging, I mean sure there's the coordinates, but I never used those in Reach, I held down the thumbstick >.> with that removed it's much harder to get pieces the way I want if not using magnets D:

I love forging on Impact, it's such a nice new erm.. Forging field I guess you could call it. Adds more possibilities for map making themes instead of just the same old green everywhere or water all over the place... That's my opinion anyways...

Now the question of whether it is better than Reach's, in some ways, I find yes, in others, no. The magnets would have been a nice addition if not the fact they were implemented rather poorly for most pieces... The addition of trait zones and gravity volumes was also a very nice addition IMO. The thing that I dislike most about Halo 4's Forge though is that they kinda removed the precision forging, I mean sure there's the coordinates, but I never used those in Reach, I held down the thumbstick >.> with that removed it's much harder to get pieces the way I want if not using magnets D:

good point i miss the forge world if they would of mad a map almost like that it would of been much more awesome but they are just begining and it will be better every time

• Like 1

You don't have to like the maps to be a 'True' forger. I love forge, I spend more time in it than everything else combined. And I spend most time in Reach on forge world. Anyway, Impact because I can actually think of ideas on it.

You don't have to like the maps to be a 'True' forger. I love forge, I spend more time in it than everything else combined. And I spend most time in Reach on forge world. Anyway, Impact because I can actually think of ideas on it.

thats what a true forger is a true forger can handle any environment they get even if it looks impossible

Magnets do not work, the pieces realign when loading the map so they have to be readjusted and the removal of presicion editing was just awful...

You said true forgers LIKE the maps. I can forge on the environments, but I do not like them.

Magnets do not work, the pieces realign when loading the map so they have to be readjusted and the removal of presicion editing was just awful...

You said true forgers LIKE the maps. I can forge on the environments, but I do not like them.

good point i see why some hate it i love it because i can get the parts close enough that it needs a little adjustment and poof done

Edited by Banehalo

ravine...  you have the waterfall.  you also have the mist... if u build near the water, the mist comes up through the floor, looks like steam or something.   So two dynamic points on Ravine. 

Impact... better forge parts than Ravine.  But, just a big open dark map, nothing going on.  Good but 2nd for me.

Nice thread you have here.

I like ravine the most because of the lighting. Impact is annoying to me because of the backgound noise it has. I do not use the terrain often because I prefer structural maps. Erosions pieces are very unappealing too.

Magnets also do not always work well and they sometimes work wrong in actual games. I think the best thing they put in was the object highlighting and duplication.

Nice thread you have here.

I like ravine the most because of the lighting. Impact is annoying to me because of the backgound noise it has. I do not use the terrain often because I prefer structural maps. Erosions pieces are very unappealing too.

Magnets also do not always work well and they sometimes work wrong in actual games. I think the best thing they put in was the object highlighting and duplication.

thanks and i understand how impact is anoying i forge alot on there and i lose my thoughts cause of that sound best thing to do is to mute the tv or ignore it why 343 add a anoying background to forge on imact beats me but at least when you are in the game part of it it's not there 

Imapct is my favorite because it gives you tons of room to do stuff,

that's like a forge world in it's self you have space literally  not like some places where they scream say the building can't go down that far i hate trying to do that i have to find those areas where there not screaming in pain so i can work on my map impact does it a bit but you can at least add tall tower to and area  instead of having it scream saying we can't put it here forge is cool but 343 could of fixed the boundary in the ground. but i love them all i'm neutral party on this cause i made this thread and asked for peoples thoughts and there giving them to me so i can't complain.  

Although I love the dynamic lighting and idea of magnets, I was quite disappointed. Not many new things were added and fine editing and zoom in was removed. The forge numbers for certain groups are less than in Reach. I like the new forge, but I don't like the fact that some nice elements were taken out. 

Well actually my favourite forge map is Valhala. (Ragnarok.) But I voted for all three, I've had a go on all of them.

that would be cool to do Valhala but that's a copy locked place so you really can't add extra parts to it. but it would be cool to have it as a forge map  

• 4 weeks later...

When I started out in November I was primarly in Impact--my first two maps--because I like the way the lighting plays out--but then I took an interest in Erosion--I like forging up in the ceiling with the stalactites and the stone pillar that touches floor to ceiling. And of course there is the tower.

I know this post is old but I am bored so I feel like refreshing it with my own thoughts. At this point this thread could be updated or restarted with Forge Islands included.

CV :wallbash: