So here it is...

Zelda

Zelda I am crying. Seriously I am crying. I am so so sorry. I too have lost family to cancer. I cared for my grandfather as he wasted away from cancer. I can understand some of what you must be feeling.

You are not alone however. I am here and I am sure many if not all the other members will be there for you to. My heart goes out to you. If there is something you need, no matter how minor just ask and I will see what I can do. I cant do much but I will do what I can.

:hug: :heart: :hug:

You are not alone.

• Like 1

Zelda, I have also lost extended family and family friends to cancer. Today one of my high school's beloved Spanish teachers died from cancer. My aunt died from breast cancer right before my birth. She did not have any of the normal causes, a rare case. Life and memories are valued not during happy times, but the saddest of times. Most of my family has been lucky to have good health, which I am extremely thankful for. When times get tough, there is always a reason to continue. My condolences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6mtALR3wiI

• Like 1

Zelda, that is so tragic.... I am truly sorry for all of the things you have had to deal with and things that no child should ever endure. While this is a very trying to for you and your family, this may be a warning sign that you, yourself, should get checked out as well to ensure that if there is any issue, you catch it early. Cancer is a very scary things and i can not even imagine what you are/have gone through, but if you ever need anything including just a shoulder to cry on or a ear to listen, i will be happy to do anything i can. While it is hard, try to keep your head up and as you know, the people on this site are always here for you! From one community mother to another, i really hope that everything works out and hope that you can spend as much time as possible with him while you can.

• Like 1

We love you too... I have lost both Grandfathers to cancer. It wasnt a good time in my life. This year my Aunt passed away unexpectedly, she went to bed and just didnt wake up. When I was in Iraq, I treated a 19yr old Private First Class that was involved in an IED attack on his convoy, he was the first soldier that went out of his way to say "Thanks Doc" and I would have lunch with him often at the chow hall. Very nice kid from the Purto Rico National Guard, he was killed by another IED attack 3 weeks later. I think about that kid every day, and I have been home for over a year now.

I cant imagine going thru what you are, my hard times are tough, but I dont think they are close to what you have and are dealing with. I'll be thinking about you, youre a tough cookie. keep on keepin on. If you need to talk, I'm here. Some times I need someone to talk to also...

• Like 1

aw.. the same year. i lost my second uncle to lung cancer in 2003, i already lost my first uncle to muscle loss and rare form of cancer (1997) that we even don't know today. and now i might soon lose my grandma, she is dying, as far i know. my mother told me and she's having tough time living with that fact her mom might not be here soon. the most ironic thing out of it, i have ability to see far into the future, but future paths can always change. it is diffcult to see. in future, i could see my grandma die in hospital, when i told my mother this, she could't believe it at that time, because so far with predicting futures, i was often proved correct. and when doctor told my mother that grandma was dying, she really was shocked and then saddened. she came home told me, i was very much saddened to know this. i said to myself once, "why can't i be wrong just once?" i kinda knew that it could be very well last christmas with her. so gotta make best of it as i can with her. as well to try help my mother cope with the loss should it happen. i really had hard time, i mourned for 6 months after loss of my dogs, they died from diffrent instance between months. and took me almost next 5 months to get over it. it really had big impact on me.

i hope you remember the good memories and for they they will be always alive if you remember them with good memories in your heart, in your mind. i hope everything goes okay for you in due time.

EDIT:

forgot to add (1997)

• Like 1

Zelda, I hope that everything gets better. I really hope that you dad gets better or at the least get to stay with you longer. You are a great person and I am sure that everyone in your life loves you very much. Some of my good friends are on here as well and I can live my own little life as DoctorB77. Not the real person who has a few decent friends and won't talk to anyone.

I will pray for your families' health and I will always be here if you need anyone to talk to.

:heart: :hug: :heart:

• Like 1

Zelda,

I'm so sorry to hear about the tragic events that have transpired for you over the past years. Just know that you have the full support of me and this entire community if you need it. Mere words cannot describe the pain felt by losing a loved one.

"Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,

May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow."

• Like 1

Elf, I, like many members of these forums, am so sorry for your loss, and have some idea what you're going through. I'm sorry that you've had to deal with so much at such a young age, it isn't right for anyone to suffer like this, regardless of who they are or their age. I'm just sorry. I don't know why, but I feel like I should just say that this is the first time I've cried in over two years. We all love you too Elf. Don't ever leave us, or ever let things bring you down or change your personal outlook. You're the best member here and I hope you'll be here for as long as the forums are online.

• Like 2

Damn, talk about depressing... I've been told by my own parents that they don't love me, that they think I'm nothing, that I'll never get anywhere in my life, but this... I couldn't imagine how hard dealing with this could be.

I'm really sorry to hear about all this. I honestly don't know if I could hold up with all that, especially seeing as how cancer tends to be hereditary, I wouldn't only be living in depression, I'd be scared of suffering a similar fate. You really are a strong person, Zelda.

• Like 1

Aw jeez. That sounds heartbreaking. I could say so much, but... I won't try to relate; I can't. And I'll save my sermons; it seems you need none. I just hope that you are, or will be alright. and that you'll allow yourself to enjoy this Christmas and New Year's - wherever you are, and whomever you're with.

Father B.

• Like 1