Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

This happened to me today, my Spartan ranking somehow dropped all the way to SR1! I was playing last night at around 3am and my spartan was fine, nothing was wrong with it. I sign on today and go to play Halo 4, once I join my friend's party I see that my spartan is SR1. When I open up my Spartan Hub I still have all my loadouts, my armor, and emblem and it still shows that I am SR73. And my service record is still up. But to everyone else I am still an SR1 with black recruit armor. When I go into gameS I am using the two standard loadouts with the AR and DMR, and I hate not having my custom classes. Also I am not receiving any experience for any game I play, and I cant see any of the challenges or commendations. When I go to commendations it says Halo 4 servers is unavailable. None of my friends are experiencing this problem and it is really annoying.

As I said, I was playing around 3am today and everything was fine. I sign on today at around 12pm my spartan ranking dropped to SR1. Can anyone help me? Or give me a number or email I can contact to help me out? Matchmaking is basically pointless for me now, its not fun at all without my loadouts and not receiving any XP.

Matchmaking lag is terrible, terrible. Instant respawn needs some work to make it more balanced. Map rotation could benefit from a bit more variation in the way it chooses maps. Bring back matchmaking options. Hard to repeat what has been said all through this thread but please listen.

I am not happy with 343's way of doing playlists lets get rid of the rotating playlist bull**** and let's add to then only instead! Snipers was a great game type that's should always been in halo that I enjoyed them after a week they eliminate it no that's bull and there's still no grifball! I got the LE and I can't download the crimson map pack I am very unhappy with these problems!

Ok, so I just played slayer on Haven and shot someone twice at point blank range with the scattershot, he shot me once with the boltshot and I died. WTF? And no matter how hard I try I can't do the fast reloading glitch that essentially gives people a boltshot that is stronger and faster than either the scattershot or shotgun. It needs to be significantly slower and have less range than either shotgun-type power weapon since it is a loadout weapon.

Also lag keeps killing me. Even though I have a good internet connection on my computer and open NAT type on my xbox, all too often I'm about finish someone with that 5th headshot from the BR or DMR when they start teleporting all over the place due to lag and I always end up dead.

Solutions: I think we need an option to search for matchmaking games based on best possible connection (also an option for searching for same skill level would be nice) and 343 in general just needs to clean up the glitches and lag especially in multiplayer (although its in spartan ops and campaign too, even local).

They also need to look at the kill stats for weapons and start balancing them more. In some cases like the boltshot glitch, only a few people are really using it but is overpowered and ruins the game. It cannot beat a scattershot or shotgun unless you're at point blank range and fire first (instant kill before other guy returns fire). Also the BR's burst either needs to be slightly slower than a DMR shot but kills in 4 to 6, or it needs to be faster than the DMR and kill in 5 to 7 (like it does now) so either way the BR has a faster kill time. This would make up for the DMR's extra rounds and clear range and accuracy advantage. They are actually really well balanced for SWAT considering the BR is simply easier to get the kill but at certain ranges the DMR invariably wins.

Hi i have noticed one bug around all game types and it is really annoy for me :

The condecoration ''Perfection'' does not count only on slayer game type, i think this is really unfair for player who like to play other game types like dominion or whatever else it only scores at slayer and the condecoration says:

End a match with atleast 15 kills and no deaths.

it did not say that match has to be slayer to score.

thanks 343 and sorry my bad english.

As everyone is saying bring back Social, Ranked and lonewolf play lists. You guys had me happy for a week with FFA oddball and KOTH. That was good times! Bring them back and more FFA games. Add more ways to make race game types on other maps. Impact is a nice map why isn't it used for more game types? Call one or more of the guys from bungie to see how to make the multiplayer better or go play 2,3, and Reach and learn. If you want I'm sure alot of us would meet up with any of you on those games to discuss what makes the mp so good.

I would like to see instant spawns taken away from Team Slayer Pro, and replaced with a 5 second respawn time. It's annoying that an entire team can continue to come at you in a wave. My friend was able to obtain a triple, double, and another triple kill within 30 seconds due to this annoying feature. The instant respawns take out a lot of the competitiveness that used to be a part of Halo and have replaced it with individuals throwing themselves at you or spawning behind you. I have a lot of minor complaints, but I'll leave off with saying that the 4-shot BR needs to be brought back in order to combat the AR and DMR.

Whenever I join a friend's matchmaking party, I can join the party fine and we start searching for a game fine but then they'll go into the game and I'll get dropped back out into the que.

Anyone else experiencing this? I can play matchmaking games on my own fine but when can't seem to start a game with my friends?

As a long time Halo veteran, I applaud most of your efforts in this game. My only MP grievance is that everything seems too fast paced. The maps are gorgeous and nuanced. They deserve to allow some time to use more strategy. I think the no spawn time, faster movement, stuff hurts the ability to enjoy your surroundings after performing a triple kill or extermination, etc.

So the issue I am having is that my brother and I can't play in the same lobby. We play on two separate Xbox consoles but use the same internet. We use to be able to join and play no problem but about two weeks ago we could no longer join each other. The moment I join him or he joins me the game will kick one of us. It is rather annoying that this is happening now. The nat type is open and we have done everything possible to fix it. Suggestions would be helpful.

Maybe I am posting to the wrong place because I am new but I need an answer to a question. I have video evidence of two players using some sort of latency manipulation causing them to hop around when being shot at to avoid death. I don't know how I would go about delivering that evidence to someone with the authority to ban them for cheating. Can someone please help?

don't get me wrong, I'm totally diggin Regicide but why completely remove Slayer? why can't you have both? Regicide adds a twist but how is someone with 27 kills less of a player than someone with 19?

I'm an American. we love freedom but we also love options. gives us back the option to choose.

What is up with the matchmaking issues right now?!

Since the issues initially at launch, the matchmaking has been flawless. As of a few days ago, it has been HORRENDOUS. I can't connect to my friends parties, I can't find a match either alone or with a group. I spend more time in the lobby looking for a match than I do actually playing.

Absolute waste of my time and this should be receiving maximum attention.

1. 1-50 ranking= no.

2. what I loved about halo reach was the ability to vote not just on map, but on game mode played. Why are we restricted to one? No one just plays oddball. I say bring back rumble pit ( ffa infinity slayer, king of the hill, regicide and oddball.) And do same for team (except with capture the flag) and big team battle (except with dominion). Also condense swat to include team snipers. This may also sort out 3

3. map choosing: in big team slayer all i am playing is exile or ragnorak. 2. might change this or the addition of a random/ veto.

4. competitive playlists

5. a community playlist for forge maps. Don't do what reach did and have them in official playlists but give them one.

6. more random drops. The random drops are not nearly regular enough, part of halo is everyone running to a weapon and a random drop can help you if doing bad.

7. general boosting and nerfing certain weapons.

8. kill cams are useless, they dont work, change or drop them and grenade indicators make frags and promethian grenades useless.

Like many other people, I play on bumper jumper. I would like to use the jetpack for its vertical advantages, but bumper jumper's armour ability is the X button which of course preoccupies your left thumb, making it so you can't aim with the right stick. I would like to see another way to use the jet pack. I was thinking that it might work if 343 made it in to a sort of double jump kind of thing by making the jet pack activate after you're already in the air from jumping if you press the jump botton again and hold it down. i feel like this would be an easy fix to this issue.

I also feel that 343 should bring back the trueskill ranking system. I know the true ranking system is going on in the back ground but I believe bringing it to the foreground would bring back the good old traditional halo multiplayer that everyone loves. Of course 343 can put their own spin on it so its no the "old fasioned way" but it would keep the joy of ranking up and the fear of ranking down. 343 has done many amazing things with the halo universe and i have no doubt they could bring back the true ranking system in a bigger and better way and fix all the bugs like deranking and stuff like that.

Provide gamers with more custom game options. Examples:

CTF: remove pistol when holding the flag and be able to drop and pick up the flag

Flood: change flood loadouts haha duuuh

Ball: make it so you cant throw the ball

Regicide: random kings not based on points and make it so that you can hide who the king is (juggernaught options)

Bring invasion back!

Bring back territories! and give options to make it like the game type "WAR" in COD world at war

Bring back Assualt!

Bring back stock pile and head hunter!

I have always love halo games but this one has issues.

1.i play mostly team slayer (and nothing else) there is offen those players who dont do nothing (afg) they should be kicked out lets say 10 sec after doing nothing(there is no going toilet when you are in combat) .

2.I love play halo 4 since couple days ago it started in team slayer (what changed), now i´m died all the time and my k/D begin to drop (thats not fun), I am not the best player, but i know that this is something else, example if i shoot some one lets say dmr and i know he should be died already (but no, samething Tru all weapon arsenal).WTF

3. Dont do the same mistakes than EPIC done in gears 3 (mostly server problems), you shoot someone and he is not there anymore were you see him (delay).

All The best wishes : HALO for ever

(Sorry about my english).

• Like 1

Again complaining!

i was playing again last night and then i realize/remember one big ISSUE of this game :

Plasma Grenades Better known as stick grenades it should stick to the opponent,

but mostly they go thru opponent player And That sucks.

Maybe this game has too many issues to FIX (it´s just broken).

Cheers : One unhappy Halo fan