Halo 4 Multiplayer

Haifisch

Emmm Okay so you don't find it stupid that it starts a game with unfair teams... You must need all the help you can get to win a game.. End of the day a game should only start when It has the correct amount of people for the chosen playlist ...

I agree that starting with unfair teams is just wrong but I would assume this is so the game starts quickly and you are not stuck waiting for another player. And with the drop in/ drop out system you are supposed to get the empty spot filled quickly.

I do hope for a playlist that has Halo 3 style slayer with weapon spawns and no drop in.

I agree that starting with unfair teams is just wrong but I would assume this is so the game starts quickly and you are not stuck waiting for another player. And with the drop in/ drop out system you are supposed to get the empty spot filled quickly.

I do hope for a playlist that has Halo 3 style slayer with weapon spawns and no drop in.

I understand it's there so that you are not waiting to long for a game but to be fair I would prefer to wait the extra 1/2 mins to have a fully lobby then to start a game with uneven teams... As for people joining in fast I played about 4 mins by myself against the team of 3 before anyone joined in the game to help me in my cause.

As i have said previously they can keep it for the Social side of things but it must be removed for the ranked playlist along with most of the other stuff. They just need to strip Halo 4 (at least the ranking side of things) down to the bare basic of what made the previous ones so good and addictive ( I do not include Reach in that )

Emmm Okay so you don't find it stupid that it starts a game with unfair teams... You must need all the help you can get to win a game.. End of the day a game should only start when It has the correct amount of people for the chosen playlist ...

yes i find it stupid that 343 dosent pair you up with people who are your skill level........im a hero in reach, i get a postive KD almost every game, im SR23 already and i got the game 3 days ago, im almost always top of my team, and i have a +210 KD, so yeah i dont need all the help you can get. im just kinda annyoed by all the new people in this forum complaining about H4

Hey dumbass, you don't speak for the "VAST majority of the MP community." Don't make assumptions. You know what they say.. when you assume you make an ASS out of yourself, you ASS.

Halo 4 is an amazing as is. There do not need to be changes. If you want the style of gameplay you've mentioned, then go play H3 or Reach. The servers are still up and people still play those games. If you don't like H4, then don't play it. It's simple. But don't go telling the developers that you "represent the masses" and feel the game should be changed. That's just stupid and irresponsible.

Well he speaks for me, and many others. So dont bash on people and tell them to take their business elsewhere. We are all entitled to our opinions. Unfortunately you have one as well. Let everyone speak, and if you have nothing of any real significance to say. Just stop... think... move on

I just hoping 343 do get it right and have both the Ranked and Social side of thing to keep both sides happy..It seemed to me that Reach just forgot all about the Competitive player I'm hoping Halo 4 does not do the same..

As for complaining about people like me I am merely expressing what i think would make the game better from a more competitive point of view which is helpful to 343 unlike yourself who is just coming in trying to start an argument which my friend is not what this thread is about..

well lots of moaning here. im new to halo mp or should i say im new to actually thinking halo mp is any good. ALL the other halo mp are awful. all those saying cod takes no skill really are idiots dont rip on a game just because you either suck at it or because its not your favourite. battlefield 3 blows both this and cod out of the water so dont even mention that mp.

So far i am enjoying halo 4 mp which as i have already stated is a first as all the others were camp the weapon win the game fests and truly dull whereas this one mixes it up nicely. i have never paid any attention to the ranking system on the other games in the series but from what i am reading that does sound a hell of alot better than the xp constant ranking we have now and in all other games so i would like to see this allthough at the moment as im new to playing halo regularly i suck big time (this wont last i generally excell at fps after a while so heres hoping).

i will finish my moan with this statement this game feels nothing like cod and after mw3 that is definatley a good thing

I only have a few things to say about the new halo game that i have not bought it but played a good 12 hours at a friends house and i felt like a lot of them maps were to big with some cheap vehicle that would win the team the game. For example the walker it could take down almost anything else on the map and if your team was unlucky and couldn't get an explosive well sucks for you.

I only have a few things to say about the new halo game that i have not bought it but played a good 12 hours at a friends house and i felt like a lot of them maps were to big with some cheap vehicle that would win the team the game. For example the walker it could take down almost anything else on the map and if your team was unlucky and couldn't get an explosive well sucks for you.

as i said im a noob but this really? dont you have a pistol that is just for this situation the one you charge and it disables it? i love doing this and then hijacking enemy vehicles i think i have done it to everything now apart from the wraith

I have a question I hope of of you can help!? My understanding is to obtain a "Perfection" you must go at least 15 kills without a single death in any slayer match. Well I have done it twice and was not awarded the medal? Both times I did it I was playing in BTB, I'm guessing 343 does not award Perfections in halo 4 playing big team battle?! Which is stupid!....

I have a question I hope of of you can help!? My understanding is to obtain a "Perfection" you must go at least 15 kills without a single death in any slayer match. Well I have done it twice and was not awarded the medal? Both times I did it I was playing in BTB, I'm guessing 343 does not award Perfections in halo 4 playing big team battle?! Which is stupid!....

did your team lose the match? if so thats why

Im liking the multiplayer tbh, the game still requires skill to play and thats fine by me but those random weapon drops can be such a ***** sometimes, a whole enermy team equip with sniper rifles and shotguns oh dear D=.

Seriously all these people complaining its too much like cod what are you on about? cod requires zero skill level, the skillful always beat those less skilled than them.

343 my hat goes off to you.

well lots of moaning here. im new to halo mp or should i say im new to actually thinking halo mp is any good. ALL the other halo mp are awful. all those saying cod takes no skill really are idiots dont rip on a game just because you either suck at it or because its not your favourite. battlefield 3 blows both this and cod out of the water so dont even mention that mp.

So far i am enjoying halo 4 mp which as i have already stated is a first as all the others were camp the weapon win the game fests and truly dull whereas this one mixes it up nicely. i have never paid any attention to the ranking system on the other games in the series but from what i am reading that does sound a hell of alot better than the xp constant ranking we have now and in all other games so i would like to see this allthough at the moment as im new to playing halo regularly i suck big time (this wont last i generally excell at fps after a while so heres hoping).

i will finish my moan with this statement this game feels nothing like cod and after mw3 that is definatley a good thing

I'm sorry but I most definitely have to disagree with Battlefield or CoD taking any major skill both games are pretty much based on running around Spraying you auto-matic weapon at whatever moves. CoD more than Battlefield has more sprayers but in all honesty I think Battlefield may have even more campers than CoD does..

Anyway getting off that issue Halo still looks like Halo and still requires more skill than CoD or Battlefield ever will IMO.

The main issue that a lot of the Old School Halo players miss is the Weapon pick ups on the map which gives you a reason to move around the map in the first place and defend that area when a weapon of importance is about to spawn or even a power up. The other issue is just that big lack of the ranking system which we now know will be coming in 2013 we just have to hope that they make it weapon spawns on the map no Drop in/Drop out along with a re-spawn time none of this instant spawn stuff.

As I have said in previous posts you can have whatever you want in the Social playlists as Social is for Casual gamers so to be honest you can run around in a Bikini with an Ice cream cone for all I care as long as they get the Ranking side of things right I will be well Happy..

I'm sorry but I most definitely have to disagree with Battlefield or CoD taking any major skill both games are pretty much based on running around Spraying you auto-matic weapon at whatever moves. CoD more than Battlefield has more sprayers but in all honesty I think Battlefield may have even more campers than CoD does..

Anyway getting off that issue Halo still looks like Halo and still requires more skill than CoD or Battlefield ever will IMO.

The main issue that a lot of the Old School Halo players miss is the Weapon pick ups on the map which gives you a reason to move around the map in the first place and defend that area when a weapon of importance is about to spawn or even a power up. The other issue is just that big lack of the ranking system which we now know will be coming in 2013 we just have to hope that they make it weapon spawns on the map no Drop in/Drop out along with a re-spawn time none of this instant spawn stuff.

As I have said in previous posts you can have whatever you want in the Social playlists as Social is for Casual gamers so to be honest you can run around in a Bikini with an Ice cream cone for all I care as long as they get the Ranking side of things right I will be well Happy..

i agree about the ranking system although i never really looked at it in the other halo mp's it does sound alot better. and you are so wrong about cod and BF3. cod has alot of pray and spray runners but when you come against good players in a team you know then that there is skill involved (yes i was in such a team because i am just sooo awesome ;)...). BF3 requires more tactics than can ever be deployed in halo that isnt even up for debate. dont get me wrong i am really enjoying this halo its alot of fun but its not as tactical as bf3. i look forward to that ranking system update

i agree about the ranking system although i never really looked at it in the other halo mp's it does sound alot better. and you are so wrong about cod and BF3. cod has alot of pray and spray runners but when you come against good players in a team you know then that there is skill involved (yes i was in such a team because i am just sooo awesome ;)...). BF3 requires more tactics than can ever be deployed in halo that isnt even up for debate. dont get me wrong i am really enjoying this halo its alot of fun but its not as tactical as bf3. i look forward to that ranking system update

Dont be silly, im like a billionth prestige on all cods and i play then all the same with unlimited sprint and an smg an 90% of the time i dont even aim down sight i just spray and everything dies and as for the team thing ive dumped on so many team so many times its simply pathetic to call them a team, nearly every so called team ive come across are always looking for an easy win against a group of random's but with me and my headset running round in hardcore they dont really have a chance and rage quit coz they couldn't get the easy win, on the other hand battle field takes slightly more skill as in aiming simply because there is recoil of most guns and as for tactics they dont appear to really be there ive played quite of lot of battlefield and yet i again i played it the same as i play cod apart from i aim down sight a bit more and if im playing an objective gametype in battlefield i just defend everything i dont think thats a tactic i just call it shooting at everything and on both games whether i play alone in game chat or with a full group i never seem to hear call outs other then on my X or other there somewhere in the corner.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but when I have played BF3 all people do Is either Camp the objective getting kills or Run around spraying aimlessly at the other players.. In fact in any other game than Halo I have never heard anyone make any form of Call outs during the game. Most of the time on CoD as you hear is someone shouting nonsense at/or about the other team and the rest of the time you can just hear music blasting as for BF3 I honestly don't think I have ever heard a Single person speak in the game never mind make a call out.

H2/H3 there was always at least 1 person even if you searched random who would be making call outs along with myself that would make 2 out of the 4 in most gametypes .. This is why I personally believe Halo take more Skill/Tactics than any other the other FPS games out at present...

As a true long time Halo fan, I absolutely agree with you 100%! I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who feels this way!

I'm pretty disapointed in Halo 4's multiplayer so far. This just doesn't feel like Halo anymore. I personally feel like the fluidity of the multiplayer is gone. Halo of past was always about fast paced, quick reaction, go go go action! I like(d) that about Halo. I loved the mayhem (and I'm quite disapointed with the grenade nerfs as well!) There's no more IN YOUR FACE action! I feel now that the entire game is about "sit back, steady aim and fire your DMR/BR". If I want to play a game that's based on tactics, then CoD or Battlefield is what I would be playing at the moment.

I agree that this feels too much like CoD!

I'm sure there are plenty of gamers out there whol love this new version of Halo, and that's perfectly fine! But this is not Halo for me. Again, pretty dispointing considering how excited I was getting before the official launch. I mean the marketing that went into H-4 was superb! Foward Unto Dawn was amazing!! Too bad the "New Halo" doesn't live up to the hype imo anyways.

:-(

Cod has skill and tactics? Since when lol Cod has always been whoever seens someone first wins in 99.9 % of all times. Either that or sit hide and camp somewhere. Halo has ALWAYS been far far more superior in terms of actualy having to HAVE skill. If someone gets the drop on you in Halo the outcome was by no means always certain due to player skill, being able to evade, run round a corner and drop a grenade, jump backwards over their head and mell from behind etc etc. Cod is a just a game where you see someone you shoot and usually whoever shoots first wins. Cod may be a good game but lets not kid ourselves, as far as skills goes, it required none.

Cod has skill and tactics? Since when lol Cod has always been whoever seens someone first wins in 99.9 % of all times. Either that or sit hide and camp somewhere. Halo has ALWAYS been far far more superior in terms of actualy having to HAVE skill. If someone gets the drop on you in Halo the outcome was by no means always certain due to player skill, being able to evade, run round a corner and drop a grenade, jump backwards over their head and mell from behind etc etc. Cod is a just a game where you see someone you shoot and usually whoever shoots first wins. Cod may be a good game but lets not kid ourselves, as far as skills goes, it required none.

Pretty amusing.

Can you read?

I never mentioned ONCE in my post about anything "skill" related. There is a difference between "skill" and "tactics". For the record, I DO believe it takes skill to be a good H-4 player! I havn't said otherwise.

Pretty amusing.

Can you read?

I never mentioned ONCE in my post about anything "skill" related. There is a difference between "skill" and "tactics". For the record, I DO believe it takes skill to be a good H-4 player! I havn't said otherwise.

I think it just comes down to the fact that pretty much anyone can pick up CoD and be good at it with in a Short period of time where as Halo takes time and Practice along with learning the maps and when things spawn (well back in the good old days when things spawned on maps) ...

The whole CoD thing for me is the fact that it is a game of who sees who first pretty much always wins the battle ...

Halo 4 does require some skill but they have removed a lot of the tactics by removing weapon spawns and making it instant respawn ..

Cod takes no skill i play cod just to kill and make those gamebattles pros in face off rage because all you need is a headset and you can pretty much get 20 kills a game.

Back to halo 4

Halo 4 doesn't really take as much skill as it used to don't beleive me? go into oddball or king of the hill with a team and just go for hill time or oddball don't kill just sprint and double beat down people trust me you should win 70% of the time because You are never penalized by death with instant respawn you can just die and die and die who cares nothing happens to you theres some games i get so many kills if there was a death timer i could have the person out of the match the entire game there is no benefit to even killing someone because they will spawn a few inches away and run at you with a ar while your reloading from killing him. theres moments where i kill 4 people in a row only to have them all spawn next to me when i'm out of ammo and kill me. death should mean something in this game again people should have to wait 3-7 seconds because they died the person who killed them shouldn't be punished because he got a kill. 343 has dumbed this game down so much the medals are so sad you get a medal for anything i have no idea why you don;t have a Participation medal yet.

• Like 1

Cod takes no skill i play cod just to kill and make those gamebattles pros in face off rage because all you need is a headset and you can pretty much get 20 kills a game.

Back to halo 4

Halo 4 doesn't really take as much skill as it used to don't beleive me? go into oddball or king of the hill with a team and just go for hill time or oddball don't kill just sprint and double beat down people trust me you should win 70% of the time because You are never penalized by death with instant respawn you can just die and die and die who cares nothing happens to you theres some games i get so many kills if there was a death timer i could have the person out of the match the entire game there is no benefit to even killing someone because they will spawn a few inches away and run at you with a ar while your reloading from killing him. theres moments where i kill 4 people in a row only to have them all spawn next to me when i'm out of ammo and kill me. death should mean something in this game again people should have to wait 3-7 seconds because they died the person who killed them shouldn't be punished because he got a kill. 343 has dumbed this game down so much the medals are so sad you get a medal for anything i have no idea why you don;t have a Participation medal yet.

Couldn't agree more with them comments you have made there. %110 there should be a respawn time just the normal 5 seconds for Slayer and 10 for objective ...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There was ranking system in Reach.

Arena Slayer.

It appears it required to much skill since no on mention's it.

The DMR is as skilled as it get's for a mid-slightly long range weapon. I can see why so many people who casually play hate it.

But if you casually play don't cry that you get owned by DMR folks and your rank isn't high enough.