these leaks may have ruined the campaign for me. (no spoilers here)

Simmons

Dear fellow halo fans, regarding recent leaks, i will not include any spoilers here on ths topic, but anyway...i was on a completely unrelated video( an update on marvel studios from ign) and i read a comment including a spoiler. I was confused, and very frustrated. I dont know if its true, and i wont tell you guys what itis but the spoiler made my view in whole on the campaign was spoiled. If you have waited as long as i have for halo 4, then you will understand my frustration. I have personally had a crappy few months, nothing has gone well for me. And i have been looking forward to halo 4 to be the picker upper for me. I have been waiting so dang long for this,just so some idiot that decided it would be funny to ruin something so big. I dont know what to do. Id like some help on what i could do. Anyone?

• Like 3

The game is still worth buying for the gameplay experience alone, a spoiler should not deter you away from it. Multiplayer and Spartan ops in my opinion are enough to buy the game alone. The frustration is understandable but it's not a life altering change. Just enjoy the game.

• Like 1

Dear fellow halo fans, regarding recent leaks, i will not include any spoilers here on ths topic, but anyway...i was on a completely unrelated video( an update on marvel studios from ign) and i read a comment including a spoiler. I was confused, and very frustrated. I dont know if its true, and i wont tell you guys what itis but the spoiler made my view in whole on the campaign was spoiled. If you have waited as long as i have for halo 4, then you will understand my frustration. I have personally had a crappy few months, nothing has gone well for me. And i have been looking forward to halo 4 to be the picker upper for me. I have been waiting so dang long for this,just so some idiot that decided it would be funny to ruin something so big. I dont know what to do. Id like some help on what i could do. Anyone?

There are people out there both lying about spoilers and telling real spoilers. The only way to know for sure is actually spoiling yourself. That, however, would suck. I recommend the "nanananana this didn't happen nanananana" approach. Basically, tell yourself that it was a lie and stay away from the rest of the internet for a while. ESPECIALLY Youtube comments and Reddit. You can hang out here though, because anyone who posts spoilers related to the leak (i.e. nearly all spoilers) will be immediately banned. :)
  • Like 3

Also why are we still discussing any detail on info from totally, illegally obtained footage? Does this site want to get locked down?

Sure in gods name seems like it.

Members are allowed to discuss it, just not go into detail. Perhaps you should read my previous post, as well as our policy on leaked spoilers. Also, any member who breaks the policy will be immediately banned, and the post will be removed.
  • Like 4

Leaked info =\= illegal info.

FYI.

Now "illegal" info would be if I went into the 343i building took some footage of the game and released it to the Internet, but when it's leaked out, it's generally on purpose. Also, MS won't do anything to anyone talking about said Info.

Leaked info =\= illegal info.

FYI.

Now "illegal" info would be if I went into the 343i building took some footage of the game and released it to the Internet, but when it's leaked out, it's generally on purpose. Also, MS won't do anything to anyone talking about said Info.

Actually, in this case it does. The leaked info coming out is from an illegally obtained game disc that was stolen and then pirated onto the internet, and subsequently illegally downloaded by quite a few people. So yes, it is illegally leaked information.

Actually, in this case it does. The leaked info coming out is from an illegally obtained game disc that was stolen and then pirated onto the internet, and subsequently illegally downloaded by quite a few people. So yes, it is illegally leaked information.

Oh, then that is not good......

HINT: If you watch anything related to halo 4 DO NOT LOOK IN THE COMMENT SECTION! I know its tempting to do but ive kept my self from doing it so I dont know anything about the campaign yet (except the basic stuff)

HINT: If you watch anything related to halo 4 DO NOT LOOK IN THE COMMENT SECTION! I know its tempting to do but ive kept my self from doing it so I dont know anything about the campaign yet (except the basic stuff)

yea, but i was at a marvel video. Where will thus end?

Same thing just happened to me a few minutes ago, i tried to prove my buddy wrong on a disscussion we had about halo 4. So when i googled the question we argued on, some youtube videos popped up with a headline which pretty much spoiled the biggest part of the story.

So i came here to ask, maybe to just rise up my confident that what i read is bull****, but also to ask, that haven't microsoft deleted most of the spoiling stuff, specially videos, that are spoiling halo 4? or so i have heard, ofcourse there are some still out there.

I understand the feeling, i've had a rough 6 months too, and being without my car for 2.5 months didn't help matters. I generally avoid sites like IGN or youtube comments on Halo 4 vids partially for the sheer stupidity of some people i see, and partially to avoid spoilers on my most anticipated game this year. Even if someone managed to spoil the entire Campaign for me, i'd still be excited as hell for Spartan Ops, the Forward Unto Dawn series and the multiplayer.

Halo is the only game i've played that i've gone and gotten every single game [barring anniversary, didn't have the money at the time, and it is, to me, a reskinned H:CE.], and read/own most of the books [still missing some :(] There's just something about it that keeps me hunting for more, and no other game in existence has done the same. Nothing anyone does could ruin my experience of Halo, however i do understand the frustration.

also, a word of advice. " to be the picker upper for me." Don't rely on something like this to do so. Find something you really, WANT to do, and aim for it. I've had a **** 9 months because of doing similar.

If you're complaining about spoiled info and leaks and stuff, its your own fault for reading them.

Just being honest with you.

It's not really his fault.. He was watching a Marvel video on Youtube, how do you expect people to know that there will be spoilers in the comment section of a completely unrelated video...?

It's not really his fault.. He was watching a Marvel video on Youtube, how do you expect people to know that there will be spoilers in the comment section of a completely unrelated video...?

Common Internet logic to completely avoid the comments section on YouTube, because generally its just people arguing or some other stupid stuff. Also, that would be considered a suprise, but I'm talking like on here, imagine, there's a link that says, SOOPER SPOYLING HALO 4 STUFF, and he clicks it, then later complains about how the campaign was ruined for him. That would be ENTIRELY his fault.

Common Internet logic to completely avoid the comments section on YouTube, because generally its just people arguing or some other stupid stuff. Also, that would be considered a suprise, but I'm talking like on here, imagine, there's a link that says, SOOPER SPOYLING HALO 4 STUFF, and he clicks it, then later complains about how the campaign was ruined for him. That would be ENTIRELY his fault.

I wouldn't exactly call it "common", but I get your point. And yes, it would've been his fault if he clicked a video with a title like that. That's not the case here though, but again.. I get your point. :P
  • Like 1