Due to attraction and popular attention, my thread titled, "The SAW!" was posing as an official thread for the Weapons and Vehicles forum, when in justice, it was made by someone who doesn't work here. Any ways, due to this, it was locked down for framing as the official. When actually, it posed an idea of ingenuity, creativity, and passion. An idea known as SAW Slayer came to my mind when I made that post, and it sounded more of Match Making game type discussion, rather than a weapon discussion, which is why I brought back my SAW Slayer topic, only this time, Its in the Match Making category, where it is unique, original, and unofficial. So, imagine everyone using a default class, consisting of a SAW, and a Storm Rifle. Now wouldn't just be either; A: Really Cool, or B:The Worst Idea In Halo History? Either way, this thread is going back up!

• Like 1

What about a SAW and an AR or Prom Suppressor? Storm rifle is cool and all but the ability to use any of the three assault weaons would be nice lol. Other than that, I like the idea...Saw slayer would be intense lol

The Storm Rifle would add to the "Spray and Pray" theory with the SAW's mild accuracy.

The suppressor and assault rifle are close range too...all of your examples as to why the suppressor and assault rifle shouldnt be used, are exactly what they are made for. Now you may be thinking of different guns, but the AR and Suppressor are close range assault weapons...not precision weapons.

The suppressor and assault rifle are close range too...all of your examples as to why the suppressor and assault rifle shouldnt be used, are exactly what they are made for. Now you may be thinking of different guns, but the AR and Suppressor are close range assault weapons...not precision weapons.

The Storm Rifle can kill quickly too, adding speed to close range combat no matter which weapon you have.

Haha exactly Ryu!! Thats been my point the whole time, that the storm rifle, suppressor and assault rifle are all close range weapons with a high rate of fire. They are all essentially the same gun (with slight differences) that represent each faction. So it would make sense to choose which of the 3 you would like as your secondary to go witht he SAW.

Haha exactly Ryu!! Thats been my point the whole time, that the storm rifle, suppressor and assault rifle are all close range weapons with a high rate of fire. They are all essentially the same gun (with slight differences) that represent each faction. So it would make sense to choose which of the 3 you would like as your secondary to go witht he SAW.

But the Storm Rifle has a slightly faster fire rate than the AR. I'm not even familiar with the suppressor.

Slightly faster ROF yes, but they are all assault weapons, they each fill the same role as the other in their faction. The Storm rifle is high ROF, less damage. The AR is a bit lower ROF, higher damage. And the Suppressor is right in between the two. Like I said, they are all assault weapons with high ROF and decent damage.

it would just make more sense to allow one fo the three to be chosen as the secondary to the SAW to back it up with the higher ROF's

Slightly faster ROF yes, but they are all assault weapons, they each fill the same role as the other in their faction. The Storm rifle is high ROF, less damage. The AR is a bit lower ROF, higher damage. And the Suppressor is right in between the two. Like I said, they are all assault weapons with high ROF and decent damage.

it would just make more sense to allow one fo the three to be chosen as the secondary to the SAW to back it up with the higher ROF's

But if the gametype forces players to use a storm rifle, and the players are used to the AR, they are simply going to feel new to the weapon usage.

Not really...people will experiment with different weapons to see which ones fit their style better, which ones they think look cooler/sound cooler etc. If the option is available to them, not everyone will have the AR as their secondary, I for instance would probably use the Promethean Suppressor. Having a set primary is fine, but allowing an option of 3 choices for a secondary that are essentially all the same gun (with slight differences) will make it more accessible to all players

I like the idea of this in a Social Slayer format. :D Competitively though, it wouldn't last long. I also think it would be more entertaining to play than to watch.

If you add unlimited ammo, you wouldn't even need a secondary weapon. Which would be good, because people would literally run around spraying, praying, and switching weapons.

Not to mention that we don't know much about the SAW other than it looks like a quick-kill weapon. For all we know, it could take half a clip to kill someone, or even 3/4 of a clip. In this case, people would probably play using their secondary more than the SAW, which defeats the purpose of the gametype.

That's my thoughts. :D Also, that's MY helmet >.> lmao

The Storm Rifle kills pretty dang fast. I consider it more of a Covie SAW than a replacement for the Plasma Rifle.