Siri-like Search Engine 'Cortana' coming this Fall

Microsoft working on Cortana voice search service; Coming Fall 2015.

gallery_76919_611_8420.jpg

Around September of last year reports came out concerning a new voice search service called "Cortana." Cortana has been confirmed to be voiced by the same actor who voiced Cortana in the Halo video games, Jen Taylor.

According to an entry on msftnerd:

"Cortana will Cortana will launch first in beta on Lumia this April for US developers.

The service will expand to the Bing app for iPhone in the US market this fall. The underlying technology will be extended to American Xbox One & Windows users in 2015 with Threshold. Availability in additional English-speaking territories will be spread out over 2015 & 2016."

This service is likely Microsoft's attempt to rival Apple's Siri voice searching service. I'm personally looking forward to using Cortana as a voice search system, let me know what your thoughts are in the comment section below.

~All for One

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 8

Nice. I hope it isn't another marketing gimmick from his lordship (MS).

Of course this is a marketing gimmick but not all marketing gimmicks are bad.

Forward Unto Dawn was a marketing gimmick and a good one.

I'm really looking forward to this. It's going to be quite interesting. 

I just hope we can now start getting more hardware and software capable of full communication, so we can finally have Computers like the ones in "Star Trek"...  This might be the first real step towards that future, if Microsoft can actually pull it off, and do it correctly.

I think it's funny that people think they're trying to "rival" Siri. Sure it's a better idea, but it's going to be sought after by a select fanbase whereas Siri is generic IPhone stuff.

It's not that Microsoft designs everything with the mindset of rivaling Apple or Sony, but has more to do with how the consumers will view the two products.

When you feature a function of a device, the first thing the consumer will ask is "Is it better than ____?" which ignites a "rivalry" between the two companies to win the consumer over.

So while no one can say absolutely what Microsoft's intention in designing 'Cortana' was, there's no doubt it will rival Siri.