why forward onto dawn is bad.

AnimalDenWinter

I never watched it all. I did not see anything wrong with the story, it was just the horrible actors that made me shut it off. The people they chose for the role of "Marines" are horrible! They all look like skinny college beta male losers. None of them look like a true soldier, or a man you would see as being strong, they all look like a bunch of wussy scrawny little idiots. I could not watch it because of this, I don't care if they are just recruits and young, they looked like someone you saw in a University lecture, not in the military.

I liked it. I mean a series about Spartans or ODSTs would have been more to MY likings, but for the time they had, they did a decent job, I didn't like the parts where it got kinda Kissy-Kissy though. Halo isn't about romance. Keep it about Story and Action, hopefully the TV series does a better job on that, and plus, No Episode 6 bro. It was like an advertisement for Halo 4.

Whoops, sorry to revive the thread... Just leave it here, I thought it was still new cause' of SEEDs post, and I didn't read the past two pages. :( Sorry.

• Like 1

I never watched it all. I did not see anything wrong with the story, it was just the horrible actors that made me shut it off. The people they chose for the role of "Marines" are horrible! They all look like skinny college beta male losers. None of them look like a true soldier, or a man you would see as being strong, they all look like a bunch of wussy scrawny little idiots. I could not watch it because of this, I don't care if they are just recruits and young, they looked like someone you saw in a University lecture, not in the military.

The reason they are so small is because towards the end of the war the UNSC were drafting as many soldiers as they could to keep their ranks up. Also if thats the only reason you didnt finish it thats really dumb.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked it. I mean a series about Spartans or ODSTs would have been more to MY likings, but for the time they had, they did a decent job, I didn't like the parts where it got kinda Kissy-Kissy though. Halo isn't about romance. Keep it about Story and Action, hopefully the TV series does a better job on that, and plus, No Episode 6 bro. It was like an advertisement for Halo 4.

The biggest disappointment I had was not seeing ODSTs or marines do ANYTHING but die. They could have showed them kicking butt for a sequence or two. :( It seemed implausible to me that everyone but this room full of academy cadets were the only survivors after a few hours of battle at most.

I think romance is important to Halo though. It is a part of being human. It also serves as an example at what Laskey, The Chief, and the other Spartans have given up to protect humanity. Halo: ODST had a romantic story arc after all. I like to think Buck and Dare got hitched after the war.

The biggest disappointment I had was not seeing ODSTs or marines do ANYTHING but die. They could have showed them kicking butt for a sequence or two. :( It seemed implausible to me that everyone but this room full of academy cadets were the only survivors after a few hours of battle at most.

I think romance is important to Halo though. It is a part of being human. It also serves as an example at what Laskey, The Chief, and the other Spartans have given up to protect humanity. Halo: ODST had a romantic story arc after all. I like to think Buck and Dare got hitched after the war.

They were 

1) The worst performing squad.

2)By this point, The Covenant was still top-secret. NOBODY apart from the Admiralty and SPARTAN-IIs knew of the Aliens, thusly, why would marines be aware of them?

I realize that, but after just a few hours? Even on Harvest most of the civilian population was able to be evacuated. I have no idea why this attack would be so fatal. But I suppose that's how it went down. No use complaining now :P I was just hoping for a little fan service.

I realize that, but after just a few hours? Even on Harvest most of the civilian population was able to be evacuated. I have no idea why this attack would be so fatal. But I suppose that's how it went down. No use complaining now :P I was just hoping for a little fan service.

They evacuated Harvest because the Covenant believed thee were thousands of Forerunner artifacts there and didn't know what to do.

Add the conflict between the Drones and LTS in the Rapid Conversions hangar, the Covenant had too many things to ICUs on apart from fighting. Once fighting did start, it finished very quickly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me Forward onto dawn isn't entertaining because there's simply not

enough action in the episodes. Plus, episode 6 hasn't came out for ages,

if they came out more quickly i'll probaly like it more.

1 really annoying thing that was talked about too much in the first episode, Corbula station people were

always talking about how Cesus won a war with less men than the enemy. I honestly don't think it works with 

halo.

Please leave feedback to tell me what you think of this. :D  :thumbsup:

Forward Unto Dawn is a 5 episode series. If you watched the ending of Ep. 5, it leads into the beginning of Halo 4, and it did have a lot of action! From the collapsing Space Tether to the exploding Hunter! There really isn't a reason to like this. IMO

Halo Forward Unto Dawn wasn't necessarily "bad" nor was it as amazing as you folks here claim it to be. It was cliche and it showed Halo in quite a generic way.

I didn't like the parts where it got kinda Kissy-Kissy though. Halo isn't about romance.

This is one of the reasons why I found several parts of Forward Unto Dawn corny. This along with the cliched bootcamp training where the main character disobeys orders - just because he wants to. It was entertaining, yes, but it felt like a B-movie for teens in my opinion because they added romance - just for the sake of romance. Character development was quite lacking for most of the charaters too.

That said, I'd say Forward Unto Dawn is a solid 7/10.

FUD is bad in so many ways, someone mentioned they did their homework on the military style. NOPE.

First of all, you don't say sir to ma 'am.

2nd I noticed many times that people would walk past officer and not salute.....BIG NONO.

3rd when times got bad they couldn't even act like people normally would, they were often time calm and curious as to the danger that "lurked behind every corner".... Hehe lol

4th never do you EVER evaluate trainees from a base in the state of an emergency. Normally mil-protocol would demand all hands on deck. Meaning everyone fights. During the Pearl Harbor attack I'm pretty sure you didn't see cooks,mechanics, janitors, and such just run away. Everyone fought. ALL HANDS ON DECK!

MILSEC is really that lousy that a trainee can break into classified ONI files? C'mon! Really? That's not even remotely realistic! There would be so many alarms going off and so many military police coming to evacuate the trainee to the brig! Look at Pvt. manning! Did the same thing but had access, while the trainee did not and still only got two days before being arrested. So you're telling me in the future the military cyber security is worse than it is now? -.- Ok....ya right.

• Like 1

For me Forward onto dawn isn't entertaining because there's simply not

enough action in the episodes. Plus, episode 6 hasn't came out for ages,

if they came out more quickly i'll probaly like it more.

1 really annoying thing that was talked about too much in the first episode, Corbula station people were

always talking about how Cesus won a war with less men than the enemy. I honestly don't think it works with 

halo.

Please leave feedback to tell me what you think of this. :D  :thumbsup:

Whats the point of having 30 mins of explosions, killing and shooting? Does get boring when you watch long action scenes. Generally the first episode of a lot of things is talking. You need to get the information or else you will be lost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...