-A Message to the Community-

MCPO Mayh3m

I completely agree, I have noticed how the forum has evolved over the past three months, and I do not like what I see. Many members have left recently, and now some are coming back and being active. I believe that the wheels of progress has begun to turn again, and will gain momentum if we want it to.

• Like 4

I completely agree, I have noticed how the forum has evolved over the past three months, and I do not like what I see. Many members have left recently, and now some are coming back and being active. I believe that the wheels of progress has begun to turn again, and will gain momentum if we want it to.

Btw, it's cliques not clicks.

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 4

I agree entirely. I have seen it happen, and I am sure I am probably guilty of it as well. We all are. And I think it all started around the time of H4's release. Maybe even before then.

But on the bright side, I am also seeing it repair itself slowly. People are becoming more friendly finally and not so hostile. Its not a very fast rate that we are finally healing and sinking into the old ways, but it is slowly happening again. And for that, I am thankful. Very thankful.

And I promise that I will continue to try my best at helping others.

:heart: Zelda

• Like 6

This forum is definetly not the same anymore. It is becoming more like waypoint every day.

i agree, it needs to stop and we would need to remind and direct the newcomers to forum rules and let them know this is only fan community forums, a place where members help other members, have nice, clean and good mannered yet cheerful spirited forums of Halo. as well to try help other members with other game problems than Halo, regardless of what games they have than Halo 4. i'd say this..

"Remember to be helpful to others who might need it. Respect Others. if you want respect, treat others with same respect and courtesy you have given to others and they will return the same back to you. it's about having fun! you can post funny posters or comic relief, any place would be dull if it has no fun in it."

those are simple things to remember and to simply remind of what our Community forums are.

i'd like to see our community grow into wonderful and helpful community in due time.

• Like 3

I'm so glad that you posted this Mayhem. It will definitely help me change for the better. Im just praying that the newly created members see this and think, "Maybe I shouldn't start an arguement" Anyways, you probably don't need it, but it makes me feel like I have some sort of power.... so +1 like for sir. :clap:

• Like 2

Definitely one of the more meaning threads I've read.

I remember those days, and they were truly some for the books.

Thanks for that Total.(:

(I remember when you were purple :lol:!)

I really do miss those days, when everyone I would say something to would have a compliment or something extremely nice to say. I strived for that a long time ago and still do, to be the nicest and friendliest person I can. This world is filled with too much negative to begin with, but if we could all come together and be friendly and warming, this would become a place where ANYONE could come and be able to smile and feel welcomed if they were having a bad day or feeling down.

You really made me think about the old times, I'm glad to have you as one of our Staff Members. :)

• Like 2

Oh man... where to begin responding...

Nowadays, people can't even state their opinion without someone slandering them for not feeling the same way as them. It's what really is depriving society in general of their character. It's sad. Really. If people were to be more accepting of other people's opinions then maybe some character can return. There'll always be those immature people who think they're always right or can't take a different opinion.

Personally, I blame what gaming has evolved into for this loss of character. What was " getting your friends together and having a grand ol time playing games" has turned into "Cussing people out and being mad bro". This stuff makes me wanna stop playing video games altogether. Why? Cause it's not fun. Getting frustrated pretty much ruins the game for anyone.

People love to gossip. It's in their nature(for most people anyway). When someone hears something like "So and so is leaving this person", "This person did this", "She's leaving", ect, they make it into a big deal and act like if the president stopped by. But honestly, most of it doesn't even need to be said (or posted in this case).

And as for people getting those who feel that Halo 4 sucks... I have no words to say... at least without repeating myself.

I may not know of the "Glory Days" of this fourm, but I agree with you tenfold. We need to get over ourselves, stop nitpicking other people for small things and try to become this awesome community where you can have a great time talking to people and not being cursed out for expressing your feelings towards something.

• Like 2

This is what happens when more and more members join, I remember celebrating 20k members, it feels like it was just yesterday. Now it is about 55k. I started becoming less and less inactive on this site when I sensed the negative energy grow, I don't remember how long ago was that, prolly long enough for me to be forgotten, but the community feel was just lost for me.

As I stated in my, I believe, 500th post, I wasn't much for online communities. When I came here (august 2011) the feeling of a community was strong and very pleasing and I eventually stuck around and began to meet people. Lately I've just been lurking, and I don't see much of this anymore. Sadly.

• Like 1

When I first joined the Community (June 2012), I sensed a gentile environment. Where everyone was having fun talking and posting about anything, even non-Halo. Now, I see the changes, and as DoctorB77 said, this site is becoming more like Waypoint where 300k+ people are creating an almost non-existent communication environment, while some others make it worse with complaints about a game.

Everyone here is a part of Twam's effort to bring the Halo community together; even a troll or a hater. We are all like Brothers and Sisters here, so we can help each other and have a great time together. I wish the best for the Community.

I'm new to the community here, but it's nice to see so many people pushing for the best essence possible across the forums. So far, I've had nothing but a great experience. The people that I've been in contact with have been receptive and willing to help as best as they can. I appreciate that immensely, considering how easy it can become to have a few select people that you gravitate towards, leaving the rest of the community as outsiders.

I'm primarily here for the Forge, but I love the franchise and Halo lore as well, so please let me know if anyone ever needs anything. I'll be happy to help if I can, including jumping into games for Forge structure tips and tricks. Also, if anyone who produces Forge "How-Tos" needs some additional help or input, I'm eager to assist. Ultimately, haters are gonna hate. If that's the case, then don't give them the time of day on the threads because it only fuels the fire. If someone has something constructive to say or ask, I'm sure that the healthy members should be more that happy to oblige with feedback. Eventually, the members that just want to throw a stick in the spoke won't get the attention that they need and will find somewhere else to troll.

Everyone just remember that we are all here because we LOVE something, and your neighbor likely won't be able to claim otherwise. So unless you're just trolling, frustration comes out of love, and should be reasoned with. I hope to become an important part of the support here, and I wish you all happy head shots!

- Happy Forging

=^..^=

Thank you Mayh3m. And i have one thing too add. We should all respond too someone when they say hi and try to join in the conversation. I have had it happen too me multiple times. It makes people feel excluded and kind of hated. so yeah, we should probably notice that too. And work on it.

All that you have said is very true Total Mayh3m -_-. We all are at fault, but we can help "rebuild" the forum to its former glory. Thanks for this, Total. The forum really needed something like this.

I agree very much. But we MUST work together