Ask The Director.

The Director

WWII Q1: What warships had successors(Goes for DE, DD, CL, CA, BB, CVE, CV, SS, of the Japanese and U.S. Navy)

WWI Q2: What were the defining moments that turned the tide of the war

WWII Q3: What were the heaviest and most deadly tanks in the war

Q1: There are several. A google search will help you with this one. However, the most famous of the bunch is the "Big E" also known as the Enterprise.

2: It's really hard to say a turning point for WWI, because the war was pretty much one sided for a lot of it (unlike WWII). I would say when Germany failed to capture Paris was the first sign of things to come.

Q3: The Soviet T-35's were pretty deadly. Here, I found this page for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_in_World_War_II It's all about WWII Tanks :D

That's... a lot of question marks... lol Did you copy paste your homework or something? o.O

Anyways, the reason Hannibal Barca stopped was because of his reluctance to attack Rome itself. He wanted to gain as many of the city-states as possible before he attacked Rome, and this eventually led to Rome (Scipio Africanus) pushing him back. Also, his journey through the Alps was BEFORE his major victories against Rome lol

The two generals who were sent to retake the peninsula were Publius Scipio and Gnaeus Cornelius Scipio Calvus. They died, so the answer to that is no lol and it was Publius Cornelius Scipio, later known as Scipio Africanus (The African) who managed to retake Hispania. He gained the agnomen a bit later on, for winning the battle of Zama.

Nope, i've just read the book. It's funny, a good author. And the Alps obviously were before, i was just putting some suspence, lol! :D

What is the tactic of, not sure if term is correct, "temporize"? Who used it against Hannibal?

Nope, i've just read the book. It's funny, a good author. And the Alps obviously were before, i was just putting some suspence, lol! :D

What is the tactic of, not sure if term is correct, "temporize"? Who used it against Hannibal?

I've never heard of a "Temporize Tactic" lol But I have heard of a Fabian Strategy. It was Fabius Maximus who avoided open battle and placed units very close to Hannibal to watch and limit his troops movements and stay in the defensive. Hannibal tried very, very hard to draw him into going on the offensive (where he could have decimated him), but Fabius stuck to his strategy. You could say he was temporizing going on the offensive. lol

What do you think of my profile avatar as well as my Xbox Live avatar?

Also, would you rather live forever (never age) or die young?

They look really good, and quite honestly I'd rather live forever. It's not that I'm afraid to die, it's just that I want to be able to see the day that humanity creates a galaxy.
  • Like 1

Q1: How long would all 5 The Elder Scrolls games be if you played all of them

Q2: What are the longest running game franchises

Q3: How long are new games compared to old

1. It would depend on how much you wanted to complete. TES games are known for having a massive amount of "sidequests". For the main story mission, I'd put it at about 320 hours, give or take. Most of that time would probably be spent in Morrowind and Skyrim lol

2. Sonic and Mario games. Sonic games are dying out though, but Mario games are still coming in strong. Another really old game that isn't quite a series, but can be considered one is Asteroids, because of how many remakes there are.

3. Old games used to be as infinite as the computers in them could handle. Newer games though, have campaigns that are about 30 hours of gameplay, roughly. It's kind of funny that these days 30+ hour long campaigns are considered "long".

Wrong,

Spray paintings, also known as space paintings is the correct answer :P

I call it Urban Guerrilla Art >.> Different cultures, but same thing. :P

What is your favorite Halo weapon?? (Includes Halo 4)

The Halo 2 Sniper Rifle. Back when it was truly a semi-automatic. (I know it's supposed to be semi-auto now, but the fact is that you can totally pull back a bolt in the time it takes between shots.)

Who will be MoM for September?

Choot 'em. lmao

Hmmm, what Star Wars series do I appear in?

Unless you are referring to Abo Dreth, then probably The Old Republic. If it is a reference to the planet, then it was in the old "Star Wars Galaxy" magazine.

What is... 2+2?

Oh dear lol this again. As previously stated, it is either 4, 22, or a plethora of different trick answers. lol

How would I measure somebody's level of aggression, preferably without them knowing?

And what is the Halo Ring award for?

There isn't a measurement for aggression (because people become more or less aggressive on a daily basis). However, you can tell by basing the person's behavior on your own. If you are an aggressive person, then them being more aggressive than you can usually be ascertained by talking to them. If you are a "beta" or a passive person, then you can tell by watching them interact with people.

The Halo Ring award is for 1k posts, last I checked.

Since the whole point of having a forum president was to have someone lead the citizens of the forum that isn't a mod or staff, will you step down from being forum president and call an emergency election now that you are a mod?

Elections are held by DragonMonday. Also, if you will recall, some moderators were allowed to run for the title of president of the forums. So your premise that an emergency election is needed because the forum president cannot be a member of staff/mods is incorrect.

ATTENTION

I am locking this thread for now, because things are a tad chaotic at the moment. It will be unlocked at a later date (maybe next week, or next month). Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. If you do have a serious question you need answered, feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i had a question for you a few weeks ago but this was locked then and i forgot it so, whats the square root of awesome?

edit: another question for you, is the dark side of the force stronger than the light side?

Edited by Vitamin PWN

i had a question for you a few weeks ago but this was locked then and i forgot it so, whats the square root of awesome?

edit: another question for you, is the dark side of the force stronger than the light side?

Depends on the value you attribute to each character lol and neither is stronger than the other. They are the "yin and yang" of star wars.

What armor do you want to wear in halo 4 :)

Armor that doesn't look like it's been on the wrong end of a baseball bat lmao So basically the MK VI xD
  • Like 1