Ask The Director.

The Director

Close, but not quite. BB's exact words were, "...his storage medium was wiped clean by the EMP." The only problem is, Church repeatedly demonstrated the ability not only to faze in and out of reality, but also existed independent of a storage medium for some time. STUMPED!!!

No, he said he was dead.

Burnie Burns confirmed in an interview that Alpha Church died in the EMP, though this is offset by the fact that a figure of Alpha Church comments on his legacy with Tex, though he does say he is dead. However, the scenes in the trailer featuring Tex and Church were non-canon and were used to promote the revival of Church in Recreation.

Hey Director, I thought this time i would ask you a few historical-fiction (I mean Assassin's Creed) questions: (This may include spoilers for Assassin's Creed so other users do not read this unless you want anything spoiled):

#1: Upon the return of the Master Altair Ibn-La'Ahad to Masyaf, following the final confrontation with Abbas, what Bandit threatened to attack Masyaf immediately after?

#2: On his deathbed, what were Tamir's last words?

#3: In which country was Sibrand born?

#4: Why is Dante Moro in the position of Marco Barbarigo's bodyguard?

#5: Who elected Octavian de Valois to lead his forces into Italy?

#6: For what reason did Shahkulu join Manuel Palaiologos?

There, that should do for now. I'll check in later to see if you managed to get them! :)

Greetings!

My humblest apologies if these have been asked before (don't have time to read through 50 pages of posts during my daughters nap) or if they shouldn't be asked here!

1: Can you confirm that there will be no exclusive armour/flaming head for Limited edition purchasers? I preordered thinking that the Recruit armour would be an exclusive and yet, well...yeah... (Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to cancel my preorder and will still be happy with the game, I'm just a little disappointed)

2: For the map pack, will LE purchasers get the helmets that come with the map packs? If not, why? If so, thanks!

3: Puppies or kittens?

Thank you for your time, have a good one!

Regards,

psi

Why has Australia's political system worked so well over the years, even though it includes the Queen as our head of state?

That is a matter of opinion, but the reason it works so well is because the head of state can fire politicians, so they are forced to do a good job.

Hey Director, I thought this time i would ask you a few historical-fiction (I mean Assassin's Creed) questions: (This may include spoilers for Assassin's Creed so other users do not read this unless you want anything spoiled):

#1: Upon the return of the Master Altair Ibn-La'Ahad to Masyaf, following the final confrontation with Abbas, what Bandit threatened to attack Masyaf immediately after?

There, that should do for now. I'll check in later to see if you managed to get them! :)

1. It wasn't a single bandit, it was the Mongolians. They wanted revenge for Genghis Khan's death.

2. Not quite his deathbed... lol but his last words were "Such pride, it will destroy you child" according to Assassin's Creed.

3. He was born in Germany.

4. Because Marco tried to have him killed and failed, but he received severe brain damage. So, Marco convinced him to be his bodyguard because he had proven he was quite skilled and difficult to kill.

5. Louis the XII

6. He wanted revenge on the Ottoman's. The templars, Manuel specifically, promised him as much.

Greetings!

My humblest apologies if these have been asked before (don't have time to read through 50 pages of posts during my daughters nap) or if they shouldn't be asked here!

1: Can you confirm that there will be no exclusive armour/flaming head for Limited edition purchasers? I preordered thinking that the Recruit armour would be an exclusive and yet, well...yeah... (Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to cancel my preorder and will still be happy with the game, I'm just a little disappointed)

2: For the map pack, will LE purchasers get the helmets that come with the map packs? If not, why? If so, thanks!

3: Puppies or kittens?

Thank you for your time, have a good one!

Regards,

psi

1. I do not work for 343i, and even if I did I would only be able to confirm such things on a mass public scale. My suggestion is to call Gamestop and ask them, they might know. I think things are going to work out, just wait and see.

2. Again, I don't work at 343i lol This is a community forum. Run specifically for the community, by the community. However, from what everyone is yelling and screaming, the helmets are only for SE rather than LE (probably because SE has to pay 15% more for their maps than LE does).

3. Both are delicious, but you can't have dog on tacos. So kittens. (:< lmao

1. It wasn't a single bandit, it was the Mongolians. They wanted revenge for Genghis Khan's death.

2. Not quite his deathbed... lol but his last words were "Such pride, it will destroy you child" according to Assassin's Creed.

3. He was born in Germany.

4. Because Marco tried to have him killed and failed, but he received severe brain damage. So, Marco convinced him to be his bodyguard because he had proven he was quite skilled and difficult to kill.

5. Louis the XII

6. He wanted revenge on the Ottoman's. The templars, Manuel specifically, promised him as much.

Warning - potential spoilers for Assassin's Creed:

Correct on all counts, except the first. (Please keep in mind that I did not remember the answer myself, so I looked in the book for a while and found the page, then I double checked on the internet before posting this reply.) Although your answer is technically correct - the Mongolians did threaten to attack Masyaf - this actually happened around 1257, if I remember my dates correctly. Altair re-gained control of his order in 1247, after killing Abbas. Then, two days later, the bandit Fahad arrived with seven of his soldiers on horseback. He threatened to attack Masyaf, as a means to avenge the death of his (Fahad's) son, Bayhas, whom Altair had killed with the aid of the merchant Mukhils. Altair was able to calm him down and settle an agreement with him, allowing him to see the irreperable damage that would be caused, should their forces clash.

So, since question #1 was: "Upon the return of Master Altair Ibn-La'Ahad to Masyaf, following the final confrontation with Abbas, what Bandit threatened to attack Masyaf immediately after? (-> inserting quote for proof at the bottom of reply ->) the question's answer was Fahad. If I had just said "after he had taken control", your answer may have been more valid, but since a period of ten years had ellapsed between these scenarios, I think that it cannot be considered as "immediately".

For further proof on the fact, you can check out the novel "Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade". I believe the information necessary for the answer is on page 441-444) or, you can check the Assassin's Creed wiki -> Fahad page

(Sorry for all the proofing, but you've stumped me before, so I wanted to make sure everything was clear! :) )

Although your answer is technically correct -

I thrive off of technicalities :troll: lmao But alright. I didn't quite catch the immediately, but I thought he had threatened to attack BEFORE Altair retook Masyaf, and then showed up in person to show that he meant it. As I no longer have the book, I will have to ask you to check this for me and take you at your word whether or not it's true.

How often does "the naked man" work?

Only one way to find out ;D lmao But seriously though, it will only work if the woman WANTS it to. Otherwise you could get arrested. Pretty big gamble.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

• Like 1

How do u get that 343iCF sig thingy u have?

all you have to do is get the link of the picture (which is http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb361/Chootem/343ribbon_zps04b72ab7.png?t=1349668815) and put it in image brackets. For example:

[img=www.photolinkhere.com]

Don't forget to break the link, which to do that put your scroller (little vertical line that shows you where your typing will be) onto the link and click the button two to the right of "insert/remove numbered list" and to the immediate left of "image".

I thrive off of technicalities :troll: lmao But alright. I didn't quite catch the immediately, but I thought he had threatened to attack BEFORE Altair retook Masyaf, and then showed up in person to show that he meant it. As I no longer have the book, I will have to ask you to check this for me and take you at your word whether or not it's true.

Upon further research into the book, i found this quote on page 414:

"Two days before, Fahad's men had come to the village with news of a reward offered to anyone who identified the man who had killed Fahad's son, Bayhas." (p.414)

and then, in the next paragraph, I found this:

"Even Fahad wouldn't dare send men into the village when it enjoyed the protection of the Assassins: He would have to ask the permission of the Master." (p.414)

then afterwards ->

"It seems the Master has given Fahad his blessing to come into the village." (p.415)

-So, at this time, Abbas was still the leader of the Assassins, however, following the events which allowed Altair to return to power (trying not to spoil anything) Fahad arrived, under the impression that he would be allowed inside the city. Altair told him otherwise. For this reason, when Fahad learned that Altair was the killer, he mentions in this quote, how he is threatening to attack Masyaf, only because he had payed Abbas for the privelege, which Altair was now refusing him:

"You intend to leave me? No archers to stop me? Knowing that I will return with a force to crush you?" (p.443)

-> So, in conclusion. Fahad had the intention of entering the city of Masyaf, but did not threaten to attack it until after Altair had become it's master once more, since he was now being taken away the privilege that he had payed Abbas for (the privilege to search Masyaf for his son's killer). Therefore, that's the reason he came with seven men and not the whole army (which was back at his base). He intended to only search the city with these men to look for the killer, but once he knew he was not granted acccess, he threatened to return to his camp, gather his troops, and attack "Knowing that I will return with a force to crush you?" (p.443) -- Here's just an additional quote of how Altair says he might change his mind before he gets to his camp, where his army is placed: "I have a feeling that you will change your mind about attacking Masyaf by the time you have return to your camp." (p.443)

So, Director, what do you think? Is this enough proof? I'm glad that you're willing to take my word for it, but I always prefer to give concrete proof when I can.

Whats brand of Toothpaste do u use?

Colgate :D

Upon further research into the book, i found this quote on page 414:

"Two days before, Fahad's men had come to the village with news of a reward offered to anyone who identified the man who had killed Fahad's son, Bayhas." (p.414)

and then, in the next paragraph, I found this:

"Even Fahad wouldn't dare send men into the village when it enjoyed the protection of the Assassins: He would have to ask the permission of the Master." (p.414)

then afterwards ->

"It seems the Master has given Fahad his blessing to come into the village." (p.415)

-So, at this time, Abbas was still the leader of the Assassins, however, following the events which allowed Altair to return to power (trying not to spoil anything) Fahad arrived, under the impression that he would be allowed inside the city. Altair told him otherwise. For this reason, when Fahad learned that Altair was the killer, he mentions in this quote, how he is threatening to attack Masyaf, only because he had payed Abbas for the privelege, which Altair was now refusing him:

"You intend to leave me? No archers to stop me? Knowing that I will return with a force to crush you?" (p.443)

-> So, in conclusion. Fahad had the intention of entering the city of Masyaf, but did not threaten to attack it until after Altair had become it's master once more, since he was now being taken away the privilege that he had payed Abbas for (the privilege to search Masyaf for his son's killer). Therefore, that's the reason he came with seven men and not the whole army (which was back at his base). He intended to only search the city with these men to look for the killer, but once he knew he was not granted acccess, he threatened to return to his camp, gather his troops, and attack "Knowing that I will return with a force to crush you?" (p.443) -- Here's just an additional quote of how Altair says he might change his mind before he gets to his camp, where his army is placed: "I have a feeling that you will change your mind about attacking Masyaf by the time you have return to your camp." (p.443)

So, Director, what do you think? Is this enough proof? I'm glad that you're willing to take my word for it, but I always prefer to give concrete proof when I can.

Well, when you are right you are right. Award given. Congrats. :D
  • Like 1

do you think that they will add pelicans and phantoms to halo 4 multiplayer and campaign that you can fly and not an easter egg ??

doyou think that they will bring back the specture from halo 2

1. Definitely no for Multiplayer, and maybe for campaign. Unconfirmed though, so it's probably no (as Chief is usually a boots on the ground guy, unless he's dropping bombs on spaceships lol).

2. It is possible, but unlikely as I haven't seen it in any of the videos. There's still hope though :D

YES! FINALLY! AFTER ALL THIS TIME!

I... I must be the Dragonborn......

Thx TD! :D

*FUS ROH DAH!*

Glad I could make your day.
  • Like 1