Ask The Director.

The Director

Lemme just step right in :P

#968 answer #2: Incorrect. He asked "How many galaxies exist that we know of?" Your answer 20-25 is far from correct, unfortunately. That is approximately how many are NAMED. ;) The estimated number of galaxies we have seen is nearly 1 billion.

Lemme just step right in :P

#968 answer #2: Incorrect. He asked "How many galaxies exist that we know of?" Your answer 20-25 is far from correct, unfortunately. That is approximately how many are NAMED. ;) The estimated number of galaxies we have seen is nearly 1 billion.

Actually no, the question was "that we know of". The number is CONFIRMED galaxies. That includes named and unnamed.

Why dont scientists take insperation for Galaxy names from the Halo universe?!? O.o

Because Halo has yet to actually expand beyond the Milky Way. In the Haloverse, our galaxy is what all the stuff happens in. The names you see are names of solar systems.

1. What are the WWII warplanes

2. Who are the most infamous Generals and Admirals of WWI and WWII

3. What are the most infamous warships of the sailing age to WWII

1. Oh there were several. Dozens, in fact. There were bi-planes, monoplanes, bombers, and even jet propelled planes! Not to mention those that were in the prototype stage.

2. I'll give you two for WWI and two for WWII (one admiral and one general). For WWI, General Plumer (Herbert Plumer) and Admiral Alfred Von Tirpitz (might be misspelled). For WWII, General Douglas MacArthor and Fleet Admiral Chester J. Nimitz (you may recognize that name lol there is a class of ships named after him).

3. Hmm... This is a toughy. Not because there aren't very many, but exactly the opposite. I'll just list a couple off the top of my head that you should read up on. The C.S.S. Hunley, the U.S.S. Monitor, the U.S.S. Constitution, the HMS Victory, The Bismarck, the U.S.S. Maine, and the HMS Hood. :)

Actually no, the question was "that we know of". The number is CONFIRMED galaxies. That includes named and unnamed.

That is the number of confirmed galaxies. Hundreds of millions have been discovered. Very few have been named. I am right. A snapshot is taken from the view of a telescope, and then the number of galaxies are digitally counted. This is done all over the world. The total, like I said, is nearly 1 billion. :P Also, I have a question. What was the most used airport in WWII?

That is the number of confirmed galaxies. Hundreds of millions have been discovered. Very few have been named. I am right. A snapshot is taken from the view of a telescope, and then the number of galaxies are digitally counted. This is done all over the world. The total, like I said, is nearly 1 billion. :P Also, I have a question. What was the most used airport in WWII?

You ignored the first part of my previous statement. "THAT WE KNOW OF". The galaxies can't be counted in such a manner because not all galaxies are shaped the same. They can guess that it's a galaxy, however it may be two or three or even twelve galaxies. There are 20-15 large star clusters that we have been able to confirm are galaxies. For all we know, the rest are just massive solar systems. My answer to the question was not incorrect.

As for your question, military or civilian? lol

How can I get rid of the blue words that tell me who I'm killing or who is killing me? They go across my screen when I play with multiple people and I literally can't function or see around them. I'm sure there must be a simple fix. If not, can you include one in one of the updates? From wjat i have read, There are at least 500 people complaining about this...

What is jack sparrows favourite word? O.o

Savvy

Who's the Master?

A Timelord, just like The Doctor, only a bit more crazy.

Is Magnus always right?

Ask him. ;D lmao

How can I get rid of the blue words that tell me who I'm killing or who is killing me? They go across my screen when I play with multiple people and I literally can't function or see around them. I'm sure there must be a simple fix. If not, can you include one in one of the updates? From wjat i have read, There are at least 500 people complaining about this...

Which game are you talking about? If it's Reach, I recommend getting a slightly larger television. The text is not shut-offable I'm afraid. It should be on the bottom left though... Also this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about it.

Am I one of your greatest friends?

Yes! :D

If the absolute value of (2x - 6) is greater than or equal to 8 then list the possibilities for x.

Also... What is the first thing you are going to do (or did) as a big boy in blue?

Umm... are you sure you mean greater than? Because that's a few quadrillion possibilities... lmao For instance, (2*10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 - 6)'s absolute value is greater than 8.

Patrol the forums and make sure people don't post stuff that shouldn't be there. Also, fight evil. And, eat cookies. Cookies are delicious.

• Like 1

You ignored the first part of my previous statement. "THAT WE KNOW OF". The galaxies can't be counted in such a manner because not all galaxies are shaped the same. They can guess that it's a galaxy, however it may be two or three or even twelve galaxies. There are 20-15 large star clusters that we have been able to confirm are galaxies. For all we know, the rest are just massive solar systems. My answer to the question was not incorrect.

As for your question, military or civilian? lol

Haha, then render that question as relatively impossible to answer ;)

Military

Hannibal Barca. Great Commander, isn't he? Nonetheless, he wasn't able to defeat the Romans.

But why? He managed to knocks at the doors of Rome, and after a victorious campaign, after he loss half his army to traverse the Alps, he stopped right there. Why? This is a question that i can't actually answer.

Also, when the Romans armies were struggling in Spain, and the Senate sent the two older Scipio to regain the peninsula, were they able to keep Hispania under the Roman's control? Or maybe it was the son and nephew of those two generals? Who was this son? Why is he recognized as "the African"?

During the battle in the chasm on the deathstar to blow it up in Star Wars, what kind of vessel was Darth Vader in? (No clue if this was asked before and not sifting through 50 pages to check)

The Tie Advanced X-1 lmaooo I'm playing Rogue Squadron II right now xD

Haha, then render that question as relatively impossible to answer ;)

Military

It wasn't impossible to answer. He asked how many we knew of, and I answered with how many we have confirmed (and therefor knew of). If he had asked how many there ARE, then that would have been impossible, but that's not what was asked.

And this one's a bit tough. There were a lot of airports that were very heavily used during WWII, and it's not really clear which was used the most. There are pretty much three or four that might be able to compete with each other for that one. The London Airport, the Amsterdam Airport (forgot it's real name lol), or the Ottawa Airport. Take your pick xD

Hannibal Barca. Great Commander, isn't he? Nonetheless, he wasn't able to defeat the Romans.

But why? He managed to knocks at the doors of Rome, and after a victorious campaign, after he loss half his army to traverse the Alps, he stopped right there. Why? This is a question that i can't actually answer.

Also, when the Romans armies were struggling in Spain, and the Senate sent the two older Scipio to regain the peninsula, were they able to keep Hispania under the Roman's control? Or maybe it was the son and nephew of those two generals? Who was this son? Why is he recognized as "the African"?

That's... a lot of question marks... lol Did you copy paste your homework or something? o.O

Anyways, the reason Hannibal Barca stopped was because of his reluctance to attack Rome itself. He wanted to gain as many of the city-states as possible before he attacked Rome, and this eventually led to Rome (Scipio Africanus) pushing him back. Also, his journey through the Alps was BEFORE his major victories against Rome lol

The two generals who were sent to retake the peninsula were Publius Scipio and Gnaeus Cornelius Scipio Calvus. They died, so the answer to that is no lol and it was Publius Cornelius Scipio, later known as Scipio Africanus (The African) who managed to retake Hispania. He gained the agnomen a bit later on, for winning the battle of Zama.

What is the odd type of art that me and Azaxx can make out of thin air....isol

lmao "Urban Guerrilla Art"?