Halo 4 Showdown : Bloom vs Recoil

Stealth Pilot

I believe recoil has been in halo since halo 3... If you shot with the smg's especially if they are dual wielded, doesn't your reticule go up? I think it was the same with the assault rife, plasma rifle and a few other guns, maybe even the br. Once you get used to it though i don't think you notice it, at least I didn't. I liked the idea of bloom, but I think recoil is much better.

Recoil is much better from a competitive standpoint, so I'd go with that. I liked the way it worked on the SMG in Halo 3, where you had a second or so before it actually kicked in. Skilled players could try to actively manage recoil, while newer players could burst fire instead. It gives a lot more control to the player and speeds up the pace of the game - definitely gets my vote!

why not have both? Recoil will let the classic halo fans get what they want and will give realism to the mechanics of the weapons in terms of firing them, while bloom will let you know how much the recoil is affecting the accuracy of your shots. Better yet, put an option in there that will let the player choose to have bloom on or off. You can please everyone here.

I think you guys are getting a little confused. Recoil, was a SMG specific "Z up" error that was added to the SMG only. If any other weapon did use it, it wasn't outside of Halo 3 and halo 2 though. But I can see where concerns would be warranted here. Obviously the vast majority of the community has spoken, and they do not want bloom back.

But please also remember that Frank said that recoil was being added to the BR...which means that it will climb like the SMG when fired rapidly. Also, he stated that bloom will be used much different than it was in Reach, and be more specific in version and implimentation for each weapon...not an all around in general setting.

We have to wait and see on this. Hopefully we will get a small taste of some better gameplay vids so we can see the weapons in action and get a real look at how they are going to pull it off.

• Like 1

^ except all Spartans are injected with a special drug that you can only handle once your body is in a certain physical condition. This drug enhances you in every physical way. This includes increased muscle build in your legs, increasing running speed and jump height. And also, great muscle buildup in your arms, increasing bicep and tricep strength considerably. Hence why he can flip 3 times his weight. Which, honestly, isn't to much. I mean, I'm twelve, weighing in at nearly 130 pounds, and I can flip a 400 pound tire in my hockey fitness practices. So I dont see how a fully grown man, drugged to physically enhance himself, can't flip 3 times his weight. Besides. A tank is a LOT more than 3 times chief's weight.