Stop complaining

One

the problem 'One' is a lot of Halo fans are scared of change they'd rather stayed as it was 8/10 years ago and not change at all.

Unfortunately games need to change otherwise they go stagnant and die.

I agree not meaning to bring this up but COD keeps the same thing, almost none of the graphics change and the weapons are usually the same and the campaign is just the same thing, like almost no story except killing Makarov

Bungie said themselves that Reach is the Halo they wanted to make from the start. This being true( i think) the that means if Bungie went back and did it all again, armour abilities would have been in from the start. Please elaborate as to who you would class as "lil cry babies", you mean people who wanted a bit of variety and different play? How boring and stagnant would Reach be if it was recycled Halo 3, no wait, don't answer that, because i know you would say it would be better than current Reach.

You have given no valid arguments as to why armour abilities should be removed, other than people camp..

Bc armour abilities not not a skill.

Remember back when Reach was coming out and we first heard of armor abilities and bloom? Everyone I knew was really excited about the new additions and how Halo would become much more strategic and fun. People in general were really positive and could only imagine good things happening because we trusted bungie. Nobody saw how Reach would cause Halo to fall from glory, it really came as a shock to the gaming community. Then bungie refused to update or change their game when everyone screamed for it. Bungie effectively destroyed the trust we had in the developers in one fell swoop.

Now we have a new developer and they are changing Halo again. While theyve done a decent job so far, theyre asking the community to trust them and not many people want to. Thats why theres so much negativity and hatred already, everyone wants Halo to be fun and competitive again, alot of people want Halo2 or 3 back. And instead of seeing only the old brought back, controversial mechanics are being added and to top it off, theres no beta. People can see the nightmare happening again, but this time worst because of no public testing.

IMO, thats why the community at large is reacting in this fashion. Even the return of a hitscan BR and other great changes arent enough to earn back our trust.

I do not think halo needs to stay exactly the same and i dont know why people are so worried about the game after seeing a vidoc but i agree with drakell on this, its inevitable that change is going to happen but it needs to happen going in the right direction. if you add a few mechanics into a game it becomes unfamiliar, if you add to many mechanics into a competitive game like halo it becomes garbage. Im suggesting that change has to happen in areas that wouldnt have a great impact on gameplay. look at the changes made to halo 3 from halo 2, there were no drastic changes to gameplay. Instead bungie added in things like forge and theater which drastically increased replay value. Halo is a very delicate game when it comes to competition, its competitive because its simple and balanced and it has something to drive the community into winning(ranking system). If you add a few mechanics to the game none of that exists anymore, reach was a good example. Halo is unique because of the competition and creativity that goes on in the game, without these two things the game is no longer unique its just like every other console FPS. Some one may ask:how do you make halo stand out a better relationship between the teamwork and skill that goes on the game? the answer is nothing, halo is perfect when it comes to the core gameplay so why change whats already successful?

Why be afraid of change? Change can revive a series, bring it back to the top of the boards that all Halo fans want to see Halo do. I look forward to the next big thing that games come out with, their next change on their already present ideas. While I have no proof to confirm, i almost feel like bungie saw the overshields and active camos in previous Halo games and twisted that concept and came up with armor abilities. Now im interested to see if 343 twists that concept even further to make it their own.

the point is ( I M O) as fans, most try to resist change, but as gamers would should try to embrace it.

So after seeing all the Halo 4 hate I thought I'd have my own rant.

Stop complaining about Halo 4, it's not even out yet, you haven't played it. You are making assumptions based off a trailer, which isn't really much to go off. The amount of people I have seen complaining about the armour abilities is annoying, so what if they are in it? Give me a valid reason why they "ruin the game", instead of just ranting about them.

Lots of people are saying things about making it just like halo 2 or 3, yet fail to realize if this happened it turn out to be Halo 2 with a graphical sheet pulled over it, while aspects should be pulled from out from both games, Halo 4 should be a new game with a new feel.

The new armour was also a complaining point, yet when Master Chiefs armour was changed in Halo 2, everyone got over that pretty quickly, so why not just do it again?

I think the problem is people, not the games.Many people loved previous Halos so much, they found them difficult to let go of and change, so instead of trying something new out, they attacked what was different in a hope to bring back what they loved. That isn't going to happen, so why not ditch the Halo: Reach sucks because of armour abilities attitude and just move on, broaden your game spectrum and just shut up.

//end rant

Thank you One for finally saying what real Halo fans who respect the title beyond the game or competitive aspect have all wanted to say

I agree with OP. I found a couple of changes to each Halo game that i didn't care for, but eventually you forget and move on. Starting a topic about how you're going to sell your xbox because you disagree with new changes sounds very reactionary and pretty extreme to me.

awww ones scared theyll take out armor abilities... hell probably never get another kill...

and yeah hes right about the "lil crybabies"

Reach was built solely for you casual kids and thats why us diehard competition loving old school halo fans were and still are extremely hurt by what bungie did.

Reach was full of tons of cool new goodies for the casual gamers but not a single thing was designed with us in mind. NOT ONE, how is that fair we are just as much a part of the community as you. Sometimes it even feels like the game was designed to show us that the casual kids were more important to bungie than we were.

How long has Reach been out idk exactly but they just recently released zero bloom. and thats not even designing something with us in mind thats giving back what they took. MLG almost dropped halo from the circuit. zero bloom is probably the only thing that saved it.

I know there needs to be a compromise it cant be 100% hardcore BUT at the same time it cant be 100% casual either.

You hear all of us complaining and worried about halo 4 because we dont want it to happen again. i most likely speak for A LOT of people when i say that if 343 does halo 4 the same way bungie did reach... i will not continue to give them my time or my money. Im not even going to buy 4 until ive played it just to make sure because i refuse to give them 60 when ive already given bungie 100 for their last 2 games which i was unsatisfied with (ODST and Reach)

• Like 1

awww ones scared theyll take out armor abilities... hell probably never get another kill...

and yeah hes right about the "lil crybabies"

Reach was built solely for you casual kids and thats why us diehard competition loving old school halo fans were and still are extremely hurt by what bungie did.

Reach was full of tons of cool new goodies for the casual gamers but not a single thing was designed with us in mind. NOT ONE, how is that fair we are just as much a part of the community as you. Sometimes it even feels like the game was designed to show us that the casual kids were more important to bungie than we were.

How long has Reach been out idk exactly but they just recently released zero bloom. and thats not even designing something with us in mind thats giving back what they took. MLG almost dropped halo from the circuit. zero bloom is probably the only thing that saved it.

I know there needs to be a compromise it cant be 100% hardcore BUT at the same time it cant be 100% casual either.

You hear all of us complaining and worried about halo 4 because we dont want it to happen again. i most likely speak for A LOT of people when i say that if 343 does halo 4 the same way bungie did reach... i will not continue to give them my time or my money. Im not even going to buy 4 until ive played it just to make sure because i refuse to give them 60 when ive already given bungie 100 for their last 2 games which i was unsatisfied with (ODST and Reach)

Many halo 'diehard' fans didnt mind what Bungie did to Reach, if u dont like it dont play it, just dont complain when many of us like it.

Many halo 'diehard' fans didnt mind what Bungie did to Reach, if u dont like it dont play it, just dont complain when many of us like it.

i like reach... well i like snipes mlg and zb slayer and i know tons of people that feel exactly the same. i just dont think its fair that theres only 3 playlists we can tolerate because of the bloom while the casual kids have like 20 playlists they can choose from. if there was a ffa zb playlist with no camo jetpack or armor lock i would be a million times happier

• Like 1

IMO I love all the halo games and I mean all even reach that so many people complain about it, games need to be changed, otherwise there would not be a new game ..

halo4, 343 can do virtually anything they want with it because it is a new trilogy, and it will still be a halo game because they have the basic things that Master Chief, Cortana and halo unevers and I think Frank O'Connor knows what we want and need so what happens to halo4-5-6, I am probably not too disappointed that most people do not like change ...

and yes you may be disappointed by certain things. all, like armor abilleties of REACH, but I think part of the game ruins the whole game because I love halo, Love Love Love.

So do not be so negative and wait for halo 4 relese and then you can complain about how useless it is

i like reach... well i like snipes mlg and zb slayer and i know tons of people that feel exactly the same. i just dont think its fair that theres only 3 playlists we can tolerate because of the bloom while the casual kids have like 20 playlists they can choose from. if there was a ffa zb playlist with no camo jetpack or armor lock i would be a million times happier

I'm not a huge hardcore player but I was really into mlg in Halo 3 and even went to the Meadowlands, before the title update you'd be exactly right: Bungie definitely didn't do enough for mlg and hardcore competitive player but these playlists are bringing back a lot of players including myself. I couldn't stand reach before the title update. Just trust that 343 will know what they're doing with Halo 4, they're in charge of Reach now an are doing their best to get the players' opinions that's why you see the ZB playlists you do. Halo 4 doesn't have bloom if you've seen the multiplayer vids but does have some perks but that's nothing to complain about. If 343 can make the new mlg work (which I think it does with the title update) then they can absolutely make Halo 4 into a game that will appeal to all type of gamers.

...but does have some perks...

"What do the media mean when they say "perks?"

" Well, I think they’re talking about performance-enhancing abilities from Call of Duty, if we’re going to be perfectly honest. I should clarify that we never used the terms “perks,” other than when asked about them. That was a term coined in questions about our admittedly mysterious content.

The systems in Halo 4, and I say that in the plural because there is no single element that defines that aspect of our game, are interconnected and related directly to your in-game experience as a Spartan IV, but they’re not exactly like any specific existing template or scheme. We’ll be explaining more about the Campaign and Multiplayer systems as the year progresses, but suffice it to say that the new features we’re hinting at for Halo 4 will not be mirror images of the stuff they’re being compared to now in online conversations. "

• Like 2

"What do the media mean when they say "perks?"

" Well, I think they’re talking about performance-enhancing abilities from Call of Duty, if we’re going to be perfectly honest. I should clarify that we never used the terms “perks,” other than when asked about them. That was a term coined in questions about our admittedly mysterious content.

The systems in Halo 4, and I say that in the plural because there is no single element that defines that aspect of our game, are interconnected and related directly to your in-game experience as a Spartan IV, but they’re not exactly like any specific existing template or scheme. We’ll be explaining more about the Campaign and Multiplayer systems as the year progresses, but suffice it to say that the new features we’re hinting at for Halo 4 will not be mirror images of the stuff they’re being compared to now in online conversations. "

In other words... NO CoD copy! yay! Now stop saying "If i want to play Call of Duty, i'll play Call of Duty"

Yeah I agree with you but, the armor is a tad bit over board. Just the armor ability in Halo 3 would be great, Im just saying then it wont be abused like it was in HR. but yeah I like your thinking of the new Halo Features that will change to keep the franchise going.

Is it just me or did we go from discussing how people shouldn't hate on a game which isn't out yet to having people moan what's good/bad from what they've seen. Either that or I'm crazy as half the posts is just back and forward posts saying the same thing in majority of the threads which is borrrrrrrring

Do agree with the OP so cheers for stating wat needed to be said!