should Halo 4 be released on pc?

sazq

32 members have voted

1. 1. should halo 4 also be released on pc?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure ( please explain)

hello, i would just like to know the puplics opinion on this, should the game come to pc?

yes?, no?, why and why not?

personaly i would like to see it come to the pc, but i dont think microsoft will choose to do so, as they belive it wont make them much money like halo 2. ( please not that halo 2 was released for VISTA, do you see what the problem was now?)

so what do you guya think?

I loved and still love the modding community for halo ce on pc. I couldn't even begin to imagine the awsome abilities with halo 4. in fact i don't think i would even mind halo 3 on pc but i would like at least one or the other. but not reach... i don't like reach... the reason is because it wasn't halo, it was trying to hard to copy cod, but still failed... the one and only thing i liked about reach was forge but halo 3 on pc people could make the forge like reach or better... but halo 4 on the other hand should have better forge than halo reach and 3 combined so... i would love to see where halo 4 could go with the modding community... :thumbsup:

Halo 4 on PC would be great, but Mircrosoft won't do it. Not only would you have forge, but you would probably have actual custom maps. I think releasing it on PC would be more for the creative side of the game, like forge and customs, while Multiplayer would be the same as on xbox.

• 3 months later...

Heyho,

I registered to some hps to have a voice in this Halo franchise to pc case, and to show my support for it. I remember when I saw the first Halo CE advertisement in a gaming magazine back in 2000(?), where it was announced for PC/Mac. I am playing Halo 1 and Halo 2 for PC since the release-day. I think I played the camains of those two games 10 times + XD. I love the whole Halo story and I am still hoping and waiting for Halo 3 (maybe Reach and ODST too) to come to the PC. I would also love to see Halo 4 and the following future Halo games to be released on PC. It is an awesome game franchise and everyone should have the possibility to play and enjoy Halo, no matter on which platform someone plays videogames.

I just don*t want to play on xbox, because I am a PC-nerd - every 3 years I buy hardware components for 5000$/4000€ and build a high-end computer. I want to play games on the system which I built with my own hands while I am sitting at my desk - just my way of gaming. (In case someone asks me why I don't just buy an xbox :) ) So please 343i bring Halo to the PC...

so long

Still till this day mates and I play Halo CE on our PCs. Microsoft just have to look at Remedy's success with their port of Alan Wake to PC to see that there is a market there ready to exploited. How can Microsoft say no to more money? If Microsoft gave 343 Industries the go ahead (or any other developer for that matter, since Gearbox ported the original Halo to PC) they could port Halo 3 and Halo Reach (and if they wanted to ODST and Wars, but personally not the biggest fan of ODST) to PC and throw it in as a bundle with Halo 4 for a little bit extra money, or with a Collector's Edition.

Another idea is putting it up on Digital Distribution sites (Steam, Origin, Games for Windows Live, Green Man Gaming. GOG.com, etc.), as previously mention Remedy made back all of their money they spent porting Alan Wake to the PC in 48 Hours and then went on to make a large profit. Then there are the prospects of future sales, you just have to look at Age of Empires III success on Steam. Age of Empires III is a fairly old game, but was constantly at the top of the Top Sellers chart on Steam during its initial release on Steam.

If the Console fans are worried about 343 Industries shifting resources from the Xbox 360 version (as many fans would be) then do the PC release three-six months after the initial release on the Xbox 360 as many other companies do (e.g. Ubisoft). This will give the developer porting Halo 4 time to do the game justice for a PC release e.g. HD Graphics, remappable keys, FOV slider, no 30 second FPS lock, etc. Or even give it to an entirely different developer.

There are many, many fans of the Halo series on PC with a market ready to be exploited by Microsoft yet I don't understand why they don't. I understand the Xbox 360 is near the end of its life and we're expecting Microsoft to announce the next Xbox soon, so Microsoft is still trying to shift as many units as possible before the release or announcement of its next console, but PC Gamers like a certain type of gaming and they're not going to shift anytime soon (this is not me personally as I have - not own - access to all three consoles in this house).

Microsoft, you have an incredible grip in the OS space with more computers running a windows based OS than any other. That is a huge demographic of gamers you can exploit for money. Then you have to also take into account the mobile space with Smartphones and Tablets. You're already doing that with the Xbox 360 and if you do the same for the PC that is more money in your back pocket as many PC Gamers like Windows Phone 7.5 and are waiting for Windows 8 Tablets and Smartphones (We'll leave the desktop alone for the moment) to use in tadem with their PCs.

I see no reason as to why you wouldn't port any of the remaining Halo games to PC other than the fact you have no interest in the gaming PC Market. However I am pretty sure it was stated back in 2010 that you wanted to lead the PC gaming revolution and you admitted that you had done very little in supporting the PC community.

http://www.mcvuk.com...d-pc-revolution

• Like 1