How did you first come to play Halo?

Ash

Post your special memory/story of how you first came to play Halo.

Here is mine.. I played at a friends house back in 2008, and they all want to play Halo 3.. I didn't know what it was.. So I tried it and loved it.. Picked up my own Xbox and Halo 3 a few weeks later.. The End.

• Like 1

A few weeks after Halo CE came out, one of my friends downloaded the PC version onto a flashdrive and installed it to his account at our highschool. In our computer tech class, on slow days, we would play multiplayer against each other. Even though the other guys were complete PC gamer nerds, I still won so much that one of my friends walked over and turned off my computer. Since then I was addicted. xD

I could have sworn I posted here...

I was first introduced to Halo at a youth conference my church went to. The guys were in 2 connected rooms and same with the girls. The guys got together and played games and Halo CE was one of them... however I didn't realize it was Halo at the time and I didn't know what I was doing.

You guys will not believe this..i believe this game was actually new. Halo CE and i just got an xbox..I was watching DragonBall Z in my liverroom when my friend runs in my house and says "RICKY COME SEE THIS!" i go into his APT..living upstairs and i walk in. Its a scene of halo ce..the scene right after 343 Guilty Spark where Cortana confronts the monitor and tells chief "what have you done?"

Well to make the story short..i laughed at that scene and my friends got pissed because they took it seriously :( so they kicked me out..

I got so mad so i bought the game the next day with my dads xbox and started playing since i was around 11..so 8 almost 9 years..

True Story :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My friend Kyle, he always used to say Halo is boss, And that the Xbox could top PlayStation any-day. We'ed always rage and fight over which was better. Then one Christmas day my parents bought me and Xbox, I was like what? Because I truly despised Xbox and thought it sucked. However since I had it, and because Halo ODST just came out, I thought about my friend Kyle and about Halo. So ya'know what, I bought ODST. And there you have it, I was hooked. In fact, never again did I ever play my PlayStation.