Heresy.....

Herodanny

Anybody else really like halo 2's story line? I mean the civil war with the heretics, the betrayal of the prophets. Prophet of Truth going mad for power. The new alliance being formed with the arbiter/elites and humans. Gravemind going around actually face-to-face with the two main characters. The explosion of the halo ring. The Epic Tartarus fight at the end.

Let's face it.... halo 2 was so amazing, the voice acting was spectacular. When the arbiter at the end of the great journey level before the Tartarus fight finds out what halo was designed to do he says "Tartarus..... the prophet's have betrayed us....." It showed so much character in the Arbiter, true disappointment and realization of the Prophet's plan.

I will argue with anybody that halo 2, out of all the other halo's. Had the most plot and was simply the best of all halo's.

• Like 8

ODST for me personally had the best campaign story of all the titles. Halo 2 comes in as a second, followed by Reach then 1.

Halo 1 falls flat for me, because we were given no backstory on a lot of things that were going on. You were just kinda dropped right into the middle of things with no clear reason why. What saved Halo 1 and made it become the classic it is, was the gameplay and multiplayer.

Halo 3 was much like halo 2. It brought to light a lot of missing elements in the storyline, but foloowed the same campaign story flow as Halo 2.

Halo 2 was good. Not epic great, but good. It reveiled the whole plot of what halo 1 was, and why it was.

ODST was just epic. It gave us a true noir style gameplay that really captured the passion and viewpoint of the ODST troops. It really emerged you into the shoes of being an ODST and brought a great drama to the franchise.

• Like 1

ODST was just epic. It gave us a true noir style gameplay that really captured the passion and viewpoint of the ODST troops. It really emerged you into the shoes of being an ODST and brought a great drama to the franchise.

This and for me I thought the ending of halo 2 was a little shotty, I know it was meant to set up Halo three, but it was such an abrupt end to the game that it left me hanging in the wrong way, kinda felt like a TV show ending with a commercial break instead of the epicness you would normally and want to end a movie (especially the halo franchise) with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great Multiplayer

Maybe for its time and on the Xbox, yea. But overall it was unbalanced, glitcy, unpolished, etc. Halo 3 improved on Halo 2's formula in every way, and even removed those pesky button combos that some people seem to think are the best thing ever. I personally have never liked them, and consider them to be cheating. Either way, Halo 2 is still fun when you're not using them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed people complaining about the halo 2 multiplayer, first off, the multiplayer is not what this thread is about, but if you want me to talk about multiplayer, fine I will briefly tell you what I thought of it. I found that the multiplayer was fast paced and extremely fun, button glitches = skill. Hands down. End of discussion. Also, the BR was AMAZING I admit the sniper was a little OP but it didn't matter with the amazing BR you could combat it if you were good.

Halo 2 had fun zombie types, glitching out of the maps, super bounces, endless TOP games (tower of power), and also had an amazing community.

Halo 2- 3,045,003/ 5 stars

• Like 1

What I loved about it is the story and the gameplay. Call it glitchy, call it unfinished, call it what you will. Fact of the matter is that the glitches in the campaign weren't game killers, and in fact HELPED the player more often than hurt them. I remember on a certain level playing with my friend (Jackals, in the courtyard! lol) we were trying to decide whether or not to go AROUND the bad guys. Games don't usually give you the option to completely sidestep enemies. Especially in a linear game. Even though it was unintentional, it was still fun. Personally, it made me feel like a friggin ninja. And the dialogue. Oh the dialogue was a riot. It was the only Halo game that I literally had to pause because I was laughing so hard. That's what sold it for me.

For me campaign story best to least, it's Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo CE, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, and Halo Reach.

For campaign gameplay, it's Halo 2, Halo CE, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars.

• Like 3

What I loved about it is the story and the gameplay. Call it glitchy, call it unfinished, call it what you will. Fact of the matter is that the glitches in the campaign weren't game killers, and in fact HELPED the player more often than hurt them. I remember on a certain level playing with my friend (Jackals, in the courtyard! lol) we were trying to decide whether or not to go AROUND the bad guys. Games don't usually give you the option to completely sidestep enemies. Especially in a linear game. Even though it was unintentional, it was still fun. Personally, it made me feel like a friggin ninja. And the dialogue. Oh the dialogue was a riot. It was the only Halo game that I literally had to pause because I was laughing so hard. That's what sold it for me.

For me campaign story best to least, it's Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo CE, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, and Halo Reach.

For campaign gameplay, it's Halo 2, Halo CE, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars.

ahaha, yes man, I love those glitches, it made the game more interactive. It's like in the back of your mind you knew there wasn't some retarded shield barrier preventing you from escaping out of the map. It didn't ruin the game, it made it amazing!

This is mine,

Story - Halo 2, Halo wars, Halo CE, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, Halo 3

Gameplay- Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo CE, Halo wars, Halo Reach, Halo ODST

Not millions liked them, only the team hardcore 50's did.

No, If you actually played halo 2 then you would know, that everyone liked them except the xxxxx level 5's.

Staff Response

removed word as may cause offence

Edited by Spectral Jester