MJOLNIR Mark VII

Choot 'em

I've been wanting to add this topic for a while and after tediously searching the forums, I have found no topics on the subject so here goes........

Will we finally get to see the final generation MJOLNIR Mark VII powered armor researched by Dr. Halsey?

Description outlined in her personal journal:

MJOLNIR Mark VII

• Next-gen fusion-plasma hybrid technology
  • Atmospheric insertion systems
  • Slipspace de-insertion capability
  • Active AI transfer protocols
  • Limited shaping of energy shield (partial overlaps, airfoils, etc.)

As stated by Frank O'Conner in his interview with OXM:

"There's story behind his new look". "There are specific reasons why he looks the way he does and why some of his behaviors have changed. We'll see in good time."

Halo: Glasslands, page 291:

Naomi-010 was equipped with a set of MJOLNIR Mark VII armor, stating it was lighter than the Mark VI and from a new supplier.

(added 12/4) from page 291

"She was tinkering with her helmet, something that really didn't need doing if that armor fixed itself."

I do realize that it's all just speculation as of now but I think the addition of the final generation of MJOLNIR would be fitting for the beginning of the new Halo series.

Thoughts and comments welcome!!!! :thumbsup:

343px-Gallery_6889_853_280617.jpg

• Like 4

It sounds like it could work. It would explain the cheif's new look.

No, not really. Unless he somehow upgraded his armor to the lastest edition while in chrio and while floating away from civilization. It would be nice to have the upgraded armor though and I hope he gets it somewhere in the game.

I've got Glasslands but not yet read it. I think the outfit MC has on will be the Mark VII

I'm hoping for a trailer or short film pre release of H4 to explain why/how MC has different looking armor

But... he has been in cryo-sleep for years and he emerges from it during the trailer, John-117's MJOLNIR would still be the MK-VI version

Guys remember, it was only a teaser trailer. Creating the models for newer looking Chief and Cortana, etc... always come first when switching gears to a new game. Yes they simply could have used the old H3 models with newer shaders, but thats easy work compared to new fresh models with permutations. I would not at all be suprised if they used newer models simply to illustrate the bounds to which this new game will be pushing. If the timeline for console hardware holds true...this will be the last 360 Halo title, and I am all but certain they will almost push the 360 to the point of breaking with the tech they are imploying.

No, not really. Unless he somehow upgraded his armor to the lastest edition while in chrio and while floating away from civilization. It would be nice to have the upgraded armor though and I hope he gets it somewhere in the game.

Well, in halo: Glasslands, i think Dr. Halsey or someone said that the Mjonir armor could upgrade itself.

Howdy, Mr. Choot. ^_^

I strongly hope that we get to see and use MJOLNÏR Mk. VII in future Halo titles. Not to be a downer, but I somehow doubt we'll see it before H5. If MJOLNÏR has always been Halsey's baby, the Chief might have to find her and bring her (or fully detailed notes by her) back home first.

If that's how it's going to be, there's a chance we'll see Mk. VII at the end of H4 — perhaps only when beaten on Legendary. But unless we can get a mole inside 343i, only time will tell.

I wonder what 'Class' the Mk. VII is, if the Mk. V was a 'Class 2' according to 343 Guilty Spark in CE.

• Like 1

I wonder what 'Class' the Mk. VII is, if the Mk. V was a 'Class 2' according to 343 Guilty Spark in CE.

That is a very good question Father!! Thank you for bringing that to my attention!! I did a little research and according to Halopedian.com under Combat skins -

During the Battle of Installation 00, Guilty Spark can be heard lamenting that John did not upgrade his Combat Skin. The fact that the Mark VI is more advanced than the Mark V that Guilty Spark had previously encountered and is still classed as a Class 2 may indicate that the Combat Skin class system is based on another factor other than combat performance, or that despite its upgrades it was still inferior to a Class 3 Combat Skin.

This portion is found under "description" and other conjectured formulas are found under "speculation". I would have to assume this closer to the truth therefore presume that the MJOLNIR Mark VII would be no less than a tier 3, but quite possibly higher. There is no difinitive proof or formula to use to determine it's Forerunner Class Tier rating so this would be the most logical to me.