Official Halo 4 Facts and Rumors [No Open Beta]

SamF1sh

I've been reading some of these rumors and I'm really exited to see what will actually be in the game. Gameplay more like Halo's 1-3 is the thing I'm most anxious about. Weapon customization is also a slight concern because Halo isn't really Halo if you spawn with custom classes and I don't see how that will work. It would be awesome if the Arbiter made a return. I'm pumped and ready for this game to be released.

the thing i don't get is if he is in outer space and is very far far away from earth at the machine planet thingy where are all these human tanks and dropship's gonna come from? d o the humans find him?

also those pictues you have show do look like multiplayer space and i do think they will also be used in campaign like reach did with their multiplayer maps.

i do think that the covenant will join up with the chief since the prophets are gone or he will get some other allies. maybe another moniter?

the thing i don't get is if he is in outer space and is very far far away from earth at the machine planet thingy where are all these human tanks and dropship's gonna come from? d o the humans find him?

also those pictues you have show do look like multiplayer space and i do think they will also be used in campaign like reach did with their multiplayer maps.

i do think that the covenant will join up with the chief since the prophets are gone or he will get some other allies. maybe another moniter?

It'd be safe to assume the pictures are fake because they were not formally released by 343i. Note the spelling of the logo is spelled "343 Indusries" in the corner instead of "Industries."

I believe the arbiter will return in halo 4 but wont play a major role.

I really hope they don't change too much about the gameplay from Halo 1-3. ...forget Reach.

Ya know your a tad ignorant arent you? Halo Reach's engine was BETTER than HCE-H3 CEA's Engine used reach's engine and people love it. It runs smoother, no lag, and due to many new programs running with the NEW engine forge worlds (dare i say) Massive size would not have been possible without lag. If you are truely a fan of halo like me and the others you will relax and accept the fact that you have NO idea what you are talking about
  • Like 1

Ya know your a tad ignorant arent you? Halo Reach's engine was BETTER than HCE-H3 CEA's Engine used reach's engine and people love it. It runs smoother, no lag, and due to many new programs running with the NEW engine forge worlds (dare i say) Massive size would not have been possible without lag. If you are truely a fan of halo like me and the others you will relax and accept the fact that you have NO idea what you are talking about

Love Halo Reach much? I think the guy is titled to his opinion just like you are! You calll him ignorant for wanting halo 4 to be more like halo 1-3, that is laughable. Halo reach has plenty of problems and is not immune to lag what so ever. Its obvious that YOU have NO idea what your talking about, go flame on a COD fan or something.

Love Halo Reach much? I think the guy is titled to his opinion just like you are! You calll him ignorant for wanting halo 4 to be more like halo 1-3, that is laughable. Halo reach has plenty of problems and is not immune to lag what so ever. Its obvious that YOU have NO idea what your talking about, go flame on a COD fan or something.

I don't like Reach really that much at all in fact I just got back into it now that it has ZB playlists but I do believe it has the best engine. I agree that the game should be more like Halo 1-3 but keep Reach's engine because it is the smoothest. No need for arguments guys.

• Like 1

I don't like Reach really that much at all in fact I just got back into it now that it has ZB playlists but I do believe it has the best engine. I agree that the game should be more like Halo 1-3 but keep Reach's engine because it is the smoothest. No need for arguments guys.

I wasn't trying to argue about games. I was just trying to defend the guy being called ignorant for no reason.

Ive noticed that recently this thread has been seeing alot of extraneous posts. Hopes for Halo 4s engine and features should go on the threads dedicated to that specifically. Its hard to dig through the arguments to get to the info and rumors. Try to hold back your post unless it is possible info (doesn't matter how valid as long as it can be cited) or a critique of a posted rumor (as in "this rumor is complete bs, here's why" or "I found a link that can support this rumor"). Im not trying to be rude but its not like there aren't entire threads based on Reach engine vs. Halo 3 engine. Thanks have nice day!

What do you guys think of this?

I'm guessing the new sound for the AR or quite possibly a new fully automatic rifle to replace DMR and BR. Long firing sequence...I would say the new sound for the Detachable Turret and Warthog Turret. Could we also see the addition of mortars?? or the mortar sound may be used for a type of grenade launcher. Just my thoughts. Thanks AD!! :thumbsup:

For newer members, this is from my OP title. "

The Halo 4 Engine"

I will list any related information here in this OP that refers to any discussion, interview or video that offers any insight into the question o which engine is to be used.

1 ) The first is from nowgamer.com via N4G and dated June 14 2011 and is a quote from Microsoft Game Studios corporate VP Spencer: Article

2 ) The next is a statement by Frank O'Conner and posted in CVG dated November 14 2011 and is a quote from E3: Article

3 ) This is again reported PCWorld on November 14 2011 as seen here: Article

4 ) This is an actual interview with Spike TV at E3 in Frank O'Conner's own words: Video

5 ) This is a video interview with Josh Holmes and Kiki Wolfkill by Game Informer dated October 26 2011. The key part referring to the engine takes place at 19:30 in the interview, but the entire interview is the best non stop back and forth discussion of the new game and the environment, music, sounds and the inclusion of more of the Halo history. The character of the Master Chief will also be more revealed to the fans as well. : Video

With all of this information it is still not completely clear what the actual engine is other than a culmination of engines. It is clear that it was stated, "343 obviously has partnered closely with Bungie for a while," Microsoft Game Studios corporate VP Spencer said, "We had been working with them on Halo: Reach and map packs. We started with the code base from Halo, so it's not something we had to re-roll from the beginning. [Chief Technology Officer] David Wu and the team behind the core engine tech inside of 343 have done a lot of work." Does this simply mean it will progress as in the past? Even by using part of the Reach engine, as well as others, would it be a completely new experience? Since being partnered with Bungie so early on, it would allow them to use just the code or writing they want minus, all the features of the current game, as they have done in the past by just bringing the best parts forward.

I hope this gives a clearer picture than some of the misinformation that I had even had.

No you are incredibly ignorant if you understood what he ment then you would realize how stupid your post was. He ment gameplay style not how the engine worked. Obviously the halo reach engine was better because it was newer so it's not like they're going to use a worse engine for their new game. But the halo reach gameplay was different than 1-3 and most people care about gameplay not how many small changes there were. You have a right to like halo reach but you can't bash on people for liking classic halo gameplay. Have you noticed how halo reach is unable to ccompete with battlefield and cod? Halo 2 dominated it's generation and halo 3 was at the top for many years but reach was just bad when it came to popularity. It decreased the size of the community and that is one reason why it is so much worse than halo 3 IMO. I'm not even going to play halo 4 if it doesn't go back to it's roots. Halo 2 was an amazing game for so many reason and I believe if 343 build off of halo 2 and innovates while respecting the gamplay And feel of halo 2 instead of halo 3 and reach then they will have another amazing game and once again have a community large enough to get back on it's feet and compete with the other heavyweights of this generation.

Precursors are probably in the game, if you slow down the end of that concept art video, you can make out some features of a Precursor, or at least the one taken prisoner, in the last picture (the one after the Halo 4 logo).

I agree to an extent. After the logo comes up you can definitely see something that at least relates to a Precursor but the only one left is the Timeless One. So I think if anything, yes that one might be in it but not Precursors.