Official Halo 4 Facts and Rumors [No Open Beta]

SamF1sh

Apprently some of you don't know what an Game ENGINE is.

A game engine is the bare bones of the game, what it runs on, it ahndles graphics sounds, sometime physics.

Just because it is on the Reach engine does not me it will be exactly like Reach. They could code it to play almost identical to Halo 3, it would still be the 'reach' engine. The engine doesn't handle how the weapons handle, it the code they apply to it does.

I hate to used "COD" as an example. But COD runs on a (heavily) modified Quake 3 Engine. Does it play like Quake 3 at all? No. Also 2 games of the Star Wars Jedi Knight series were on the Quake 3 engine and it had Lightsabers. I don't remember Quake 3 having swords, because the makers of the game added them.

The engine does not determin the game. The people making the game determin the game.

Here is a thought on a remake. It has been in every single Halo game (not including Halo ODST), Halo Wars and Halo Reach even had it, and the both of those games had little to do with the first Halo games. Although, Reach did sort of lead us into Halo 1 but you know what I mean. Anyways, Blood Gulch, Coagulation, Valhalla, and Hemorrhage (and Blood Gulch again in Halo Wars). It has been recreated 4 times now, why not a 5th time for Halo 4? I do see the point that it's an all new trilogy but Halo Wars was a whole new story as well, and a couple years in the past as well.

Here is a thought on a remake. It has been in every single Halo game (not including Halo ODST), Halo Wars and Halo Reach even had it, and the both of those games had little to do with the first Halo games. Although, Reach did sort of lead us into Halo 1 but you know what I mean. Anyways, Blood Gulch, Coagulation, Valhalla, and Hemorrhage (and Blood Gulch again in Halo Wars). It has been recreated 4 times now, why not a 5th time for Halo 4? I do see the point that it's an all new trilogy but Halo Wars was a whole new story as well, and a couple years in the past as well.

I like that thought! :)

Well Mr. Ninja, I'd Imagine that the DMR would be the go to ranged weapon, the assault rifle a reliable close to mid range weapon, and the BR being a mid-range weapon that performs well at long and short range also, but not as good as the first two in their respective fields.

• Like 1

Maybe if they bring the DMR and Battle Rifle back Swat will be more interesting. Swat DMRs, Swat BRs or maybe a mixture of the two, no magnums just the both of them. Then we can really see which one is better. Although, the BR is still my favorite, I have grown accustomed to the DMR sadly...

Hey guys! Game Rant has released a bit of info from an upcoming issue of Gameinformer, here is the link http://gamerant.com/halo-4-coop-multiplayer-changes-story-details-tao-142407/

That can't be true. It says the covenant attacks the ship he was on but 343 already said they weren't the main threat, it also doesn't make sense on how they'd find him or why they'd be after him

With the next issue of Game Informer promising a ton of Halo 4 details, an industrious soul posting over on NeoGAF has spewed forth all of the latest information in a handy list of bulletpoints. Customisable weapons, returning characters like Cortana, the year Halo 4 is set and much more is revealed in the rather exhaustive list.

So, strap yourself in, grab yourself a brew and then prepare to digest all of the salient Halo 4 details your eyes can handle. There's a lot of stuff here, including info not only on the game's single-player campaign but also its multiplayer modes. Take a look:

• Halo 4 is set in 2557 - four years, seven months and ten days since the FUD was split into two and the finale of the events of Halo 3.
  • True native 720p with FXAA
  • New HUD, features subtle paralla movement during athetic actions and additional visual cues indicating that you are actually wearing a helmet.
  • Chief, Cortana and other characters animated with the assistance of motion capture.
  • Cortana impending rampancy will be a critical theme as will be exploring Master Chief as a person.
  • Cortana has chosen a new visual identity whilst the Chief has been sleeping.
  • The Covenant, at least Elites and Grunts, return but are not the primary enemy.
  • The FUD eventually crash lands on Requiem, a planet enclosed in a massive Dyson Shell.
  • A new faction from Reqium is introduced. Like the Covenant they will have unique and different enemy types, weapons and equipment. "If anything, they're kind of elevated in terms of their intelligence and complexity relative to the Covenant."
  • Huge, alive environments - a piece of concept art depicts a floating air squid in a jungle setting.
  • The skybox is filled with massive pillars reaching down from above and the surrounding view is painted by the inside of the Dyson Shell.
  • Game is split between Campaign and Infinity - the new term of the entire multiplayer experience seperate from the Camapign.
  • Multiplier directly and in-directly ties into the Campaign.
  • Multiplayer features Spartan IV's - adult volenteers taken from the the best of special ops soliders, equippe with a new version of the Mjolnir armour (lightweight variation) and deployed onboard the UNSC Infinity.
  • The UNSC Infinity is the largest ship the UNSC has ever created. Over three kilmetres long, it was designed with cutting edge technology and features some additional technological enhancements provided by the study of Forerunner technology - including faster and more accurate slipspace travel.
  • The UNSC is deployed on a top scret mission into deep space but will cross paths with the Master Chief during the campaign.
  • The Spartan IV's onboard train in the Infinity's "combat deck" (think holodeck or Danger room). The deck and simulate any known environment and plays host the the multiplayer games players are familar with.
  • Firefight is absent and it is stated that there are no plans for it to return.
  • New Co-Op mode called Spartan Ops for up to four players in online Campaign-esque missions.
  • Spartan OPs introduces new movies sequences and missions on a weekly basis which tells the story of the UNSC Infinity's mission and battles the new Spartan IV's face.
  • Spartan Op missions are objective based and feature new content, events and locations each week. Spartan Ops missions also reward Spartan Points and feature selectable difficulty levels like Campaign.
  • Spartan Ops missions are not DLC, they are included in the overall Halo 4 package but it is unclear if the content is available on the disc or must be downloaded separately.
  • Weapons in the overal sandbox include Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Carbine, Covenant Carbine, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Magnum and Plasma Pistol. There are numerous unrevealed, new weapons.

Multiplayer Details:

• Loadouts are composed of a primary and secondary weapon, a grenade type, armour ability and modifications. It is unclear how the modification system works or what things it modifies or how.
  • Returning Armour Abilities include Hologram, Jet-Pack and Camo. A new ability to see through walls was shown and Sprint is now a baseline ability all players will have access to at all times.
  • FFA Variant, Regicide. Lead slayer is "King" - each of the King;s kills raises his "bounty". The bounty is claimed by whomever kills the King.
  • In Team Slayer (not confirmed for other gametypes), players can respawn instantly after death if they choose. Additionally, power weapons are introduced into a game on a random timer and appear at random drop points on the map.
  • Medals are turning including new medals for "revenge kills" and for causing a distraction.

• Like 2

With the next issue of Game Informer promising a ton of Halo 4 details, an industrious soul posting over on NeoGAF has spewed forth all of the latest information in a handy list of bulletpoints. Customisable weapons, returning characters like Cortana, the year Halo 4 is set and much more is revealed in the rather exhaustive list.

So, strap yourself in, grab yourself a brew and then prepare to digest all of the salient Halo 4 details your eyes can handle. There's a lot of stuff here, including info not only on the game's single-player campaign but also its multiplayer modes. Take a look:

• Halo 4 is set in 2557 - four years, seven months and ten days since the FUD was split into two and the finale of the events of Halo 3.
  • True native 720p with FXAA
  • New HUD, features subtle paralla movement during athetic actions and additional visual cues indicating that you are actually wearing a helmet.
  • Chief, Cortana and other characters animated with the assistance of motion capture.
  • Cortana impending rampancy will be a critical theme as will be exploring Master Chief as a person.
  • Cortana has chosen a new visual identity whilst the Chief has been sleeping.
  • The Covenant, at least Elites and Grunts, return but are not the primary enemy.
  • The FUD eventually crash lands on Requiem, a planet enclosed in a massive Dyson Shell.
  • A new faction from Reqium is introduced. Like the Covenant they will have unique and different enemy types, weapons and equipment. "If anything, they're kind of elevated in terms of their intelligence and complexity relative to the Covenant."
  • Huge, alive environments - a piece of concept art depicts a floating air squid in a jungle setting.
  • The skybox is filled with massive pillars reaching down from above and the surrounding view is painted by the inside of the Dyson Shell.
  • Game is split between Campaign and Infinity - the new term of the entire multiplayer experience seperate from the Camapign.
  • Multiplier directly and in-directly ties into the Campaign.
  • Multiplayer features Spartan IV's - adult volenteers taken from the the best of special ops soliders, equippe with a new version of the Mjolnir armour (lightweight variation) and deployed onboard the UNSC Infinity.
  • The UNSC Infinity is the largest ship the UNSC has ever created. Over three kilmetres long, it was designed with cutting edge technology and features some additional technological enhancements provided by the study of Forerunner technology - including faster and more accurate slipspace travel.
  • The UNSC is deployed on a top scret mission into deep space but will cross paths with the Master Chief during the campaign.
  • The Spartan IV's onboard train in the Infinity's "combat deck" (think holodeck or Danger room). The deck and simulate any known environment and plays host the the multiplayer games players are familar with.
  • Firefight is absent and it is stated that there are no plans for it to return.
  • New Co-Op mode called Spartan Ops for up to four players in online Campaign-esque missions.
  • Spartan OPs introduces new movies sequences and missions on a weekly basis which tells the story of the UNSC Infinity's mission and battles the new Spartan IV's face.
  • Spartan Op missions are objective based and feature new content, events and locations each week. Spartan Ops missions also reward Spartan Points and feature selectable difficulty levels like Campaign.
  • Spartan Ops missions are not DLC, they are included in the overall Halo 4 package but it is unclear if the content is available on the disc or must be downloaded separately.
  • Weapons in the overal sandbox include Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Carbine, Covenant Carbine, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Magnum and Plasma Pistol. There are numerous unrevealed, new weapons.

Multiplayer Details:

• Loadouts are composed of a primary and secondary weapon, a grenade type, armour ability and modifications. It is unclear how the modification system works or what things it modifies or how.
  • Returning Armour Abilities include Hologram, Jet-Pack and Camo. A new ability to see through walls was shown and Sprint is now a baseline ability all players will have access to at all times.
  • FFA Variant, Regicide. Lead slayer is "King" - each of the King;s kills raises his "bounty". The bounty is claimed by whomever kills the King.
  • In Team Slayer (not confirmed for other gametypes), players can respawn instantly after death if they choose. Additionally, power weapons are introduced into a game on a random timer and appear at random drop points on the map.
  • Medals are turning including new medals for "revenge kills" and for causing a distraction.

You think this is going to be 100% true? I like the details it gives on campaign but I dislike that it confirms some of the other things I didn't like from other leaks.

HA! so that means that grasslands really WAS the Halo 4 prequel! :D I was right ^_^

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

• Like 2

That can't be true. It says the covenant attacks the ship he was on but 343 already said they weren't the main threat, it also doesn't make sense on how they'd find him or why they'd be after him

Your wrong mater chief wakes up and cortana notices that someone is boarding the ship and chief brakes these doors open with his bare hands then he sees a intire fleet of covanet it was in the halo 4 magazin

ive been looking up some stuff for halo 4 and i agree with most people it sound like an intirley diffrent game the fun part of halo 2 & 3 was you spawn with the same weponds you didnt hav armor abilitys that make you better then someone else you hade to find them now guns spawn randomly thats ******* gay and now the higher rank you are the better weponds you can spawn with thats just lam whos guna want to come in to a game were you dont even get a fair chance this is the last stand for me if multi player suck agian like reach im done with video games 343 idustrys have failed us i knew this would happen they are thinking they know best and that they can change what they please its bull **** we the community should have a say on what goes into the game and what dosnt

Nice stuff! Really nice stuff, I thought 343 was perhaps going to regurgitate a bit on the previous Halo gameplay but they have taken an interesting path. I have always found the evolution of Halo as a game very entertaining to watch. Sounds like the campaign will be great and the "Infinity" will be a fresh experience!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a nut shell, Master Chief will be fighting The Flood in Halo 4. My source is the last terminal in halo anniversary. There is also a reference to the covenant, maybe they are our allies?

Link:

Does anyone know what that symbol is at the end?

Your wrong mater chief wakes up and cortana notices that someone is boarding the ship and chief brakes these doors open with his bare hands then he sees a intire fleet of covanet it was in the halo 4 magazin

It also said you fought them. So I think he is right