Official Halo 4 Facts and Rumors [No Open Beta]

SamF1sh

I PRAY TO JESUS YOU ARE WRONG. If its Reach's engine, I just might give up on Halo. That's a BIG thing for me to say too, I've been playing nothing but Halo since I was literally about 6. I always been an incredibly loyal fan to Halo until Reach. I don't. Like the engine. ...at all.

just because it's the same engine doesn't mean it will be like reach, remember the engine is what they code it, build terrains in and all that other stuff but in the havok engine (i think it was a modified version of the latest havok engine anyway) you can make a rayman origins rip off, it won't be like reach... probably

I PRAY TO JESUS YOU ARE WRONG. If its Reach's engine, I just might give up on Halo. That's a BIG thing for me to say too, I've been playing nothing but Halo since I was literally about 6. I always been an incredibly loyal fan to Halo until Reach. I don't. Like the engine. ...at all.

So true! I feel exactly the same. They'd better get a great new engine or I'm going to completely leave halo behind and move on to something else.

No you are incredibly ignorant if you understood what he ment then you would realize how stupid your post was. He ment gameplay style not how the engine worked. Obviously the halo reach engine was better because it was newer so it's not like they're going to use a worse engine for their new game. But the halo reach gameplay was different than 1-3 and most people care about gameplay not how many small changes there were. You have a right to like halo reach but you can't bash on people for liking classic halo gameplay. Have you noticed how halo reach is unable to ccompete with battlefield and cod? Halo 2 dominated it's generation and halo 3 was at the top for many years but reach was just bad when it came to popularity. It decreased the size of the community and that is one reason why it is so much worse than halo 3 IMO. I'm not even going to play halo 4 if it doesn't go back to it's roots. Halo 2 was an amazing game for so many reason and I believe if 343 build off of halo 2 and innovates while respecting the gamplay And feel of halo 2 instead of halo 3 and reach then they will have another amazing game and once again have a community large enough to get back on it's feet and compete with the other heavyweights of this generation.

The reason that Halo 2 and 3 were so popular is because there wasn't really very much out at the time to compete with them. When more and more great games and FPSs were getting released, and when COD started to have a spike in popularity, that's when Halo's time as king started to come to an end. One of the main, if not the main reason Reach isn't number one on the charts is due to the following.

• People have grown tired of Halo and have moved onto other games or just other FPSs.
  • There have been a lot of incredible FPSs that have been released since the time of Halo 2 and Halo 3. Because of this, those that were sticking solely to Halo have played these games, seen how great they are, and have moved onto them instead.
  • Halo's inability to really move itself forward. The gameplay of Halo has remained pretty much the same ever since Halo 2 launched. Halo: Reach, while changing a few things, still plays pretty much like previous games. There haven't really been that many innovations or big leaps forward in terms of gameplay, and people have become bored of playing through a series that's pretty much refused to modernize itself. They have, perhaps, grown tired of the arcadie style of gameplay and have sought out (and obviously found) games that are more advanced and rewarding.

• Like 1

No you are incredibly ignorant if you understood what he ment then you would realize how stupid your post was. He ment gameplay style not how the engine worked. Obviously the halo reach engine was better because it was newer so it's not like they're going to use a worse engine for their new game. But the halo reach gameplay was different than 1-3 and most people care about gameplay not how many small changes there were. You have a right to like halo reach but you can't bash on people for liking classic halo gameplay. Have you noticed how halo reach is unable to ccompete with battlefield and cod? Halo 2 dominated it's generation and halo 3 was at the top for many years but reach was just bad when it came to popularity. It decreased the size of the community and that is one reason why it is so much worse than halo 3 IMO. I'm not even going to play halo 4 if it doesn't go back to it's roots. Halo 2 was an amazing game for so many reason and I believe if 343 build off of halo 2 and innovates while respecting the gamplay And feel of halo 2 instead of halo 3 and reach then they will have another amazing game and once again have a community large enough to get back on it's feet and compete with the other heavyweights of this generation.

Do you want to know WHY Halo 2 and 3 dominated their time? Because CoD was not as popular then. Right now, CoD is at it's peak of popularity. Half those guys who played Halo 3 moved to CoD. Thats why Reach did not have as many people playing it. Not because It's a bad game.

Precursors are probably in the game, if you slow down the end of that concept art video, you can make out some features of a Precursor, or at least the one taken prisoner, in the last picture (the one after the Halo 4 logo).

Spoiler Alert

I'm 99.99% sure that "The Timeless One" was destroyed/killed in the end of Halo Primordium.

So i'm pretty sure no Precursors will be in Halo 4, but in Primordium there were Flood on the Halo Ring where the book took place AND the ring WAS NOT destroyed so there "may" be Flood in Halo 4.

Also, Guilty Spark made a copy/clone/duplicate of himself which has taken over then ONI Ship or whatever so he will "most likely" be returning too.

Also for anyone who is wondering about Master Chiefs armor being updated I forget which Halo book it was but it said something like "The spatans suits are made so they can be upgraded when they enter a cyro pod, the cyro pod automatically updates the Spartans armor with the latest technology/upgrades" im not positive that is EXACTLY what it said but it was something really close to that.

Also "Halo4Follower" has great Halo updates of pretty much anything that is related to Halo 4.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=g-all-u

His videos are really good for finding out most of the latest rumors/information without having too do much work :thumbsup:

Spoiler Alert

I'm 99.99% sure that "The Timeless One" was destroyed/killed in the end of Halo Primordium.

So i'm pretty sure no Precursors will be in Halo 4, but in Primordium there were Flood on the Halo Ring where the book took place AND the ring WAS NOT destroyed so there "may" be Flood in Halo 4.

Also, Guilty Spark made a copy/clone/duplicate of himself which has taken over then ONI Ship or whatever so he will "most likely" be returning too.

Also for anyone who is wondering about Master Chiefs armor being updated I forget which Halo book it was but it said something like "The spatans suits are made so they can be upgraded when they enter a cyro pod, the cyro pod automatically updates the Spartans armor with the latest technology/upgrades" im not positive that is EXACTLY what it said but it was something really close to that.

Also "Halo4Follower" has great Halo updates of pretty much anything that is related to Halo 4.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=g-all-u

His videos are really good for finding out most of the latest information without having too do much work :thumbsup:

Halo 4 Follower is not a credited source but I agree with you, I remember that the Timeless One was destroyed and you're right about Spartan's armor updating itself in cryo sleep, it's because of nanotechnology. I agree that Guilty Spark could make a reappearance but I disagree that this would take place on a Halo. It has been confirmed that Chief will be entering a Forerunner shielf world.

Do you want to know WHY Halo 2 and 3 dominated their time? Because CoD was not as popular then. Right now, CoD is at it's peak of popularity. Half those guys who played Halo 3 moved to CoD. Thats why Reach did not have as many people playing it. Not because It's a bad game.

Even after CoD was released halo 3 still did well but after years with out a new halo multiplayer people started to leave then reach came along split up the halo fans between halo 3 and reach. many started reach and then quite halo because they didnt like the new feel or the direction halo has taken

• Like 1

^ The above is true. Do not try and denounce Halo 3's success and numbers right up until Reach's release because of COD. The fact is, Reach has a terrible population compared to Halo 3, with only a third of the lifespan in. You're kidding yourself if you blame this on other games. If reach was really that good, (like Halo 3 was when COD was hugely popular with 4) then the players would keep on playing Reach, as they did with halo 3.

• Like 1

After watching numerous analysis videos (most of which were just people like us making theories) I honestly am not sure how or where the game will play out. I have unfortunately not had access to any of the Halo books, so i cant exactly prepose a theory... but after reading some of these posts, i do have a better grasp on what could be.

Thanks for the info guys!

Halo 4 Follower is not a credited source but I agree with you, I remember that the Timeless One was destroyed and you're right about Spartan's armor updating itself in cryo sleep, it's because of nanotechnology. I agree that Guilty Spark could make a reappearance but I disagree that this would take place on a Halo. It has been confirmed that Chief will be entering a Forerunner shielf world.

I said there may be flood in Halo 4 but they could just be in a later Halo game such as Halo 5 or 6 but i'm pretty sure the Halo ring and the flood will be involved in at least one of the games in the new Halo trilogy, also the new ring i'm pretty sure is Installation 07

Also the ONI ship "Infinity" WILL be involed in one or more of the new Halo games (i knew i forgot something on my last post) and one last thing the Covenant WILL be returning.

I mean the Ring Chakas was on in Primordium.

Oh ok, we'll I'm guessing that installation 07 could possibly have something to do with Halo 4 because the Primordium cover is in the concept art video but I'm not sure how. It's confirmed that Chief lands on a Forerunner shield world so I can't even speculate how the two are connected yet haha