Would anyone be interested in a Windows 10 and Xbox One Integration Review and Video?

Twinreaper

post-4732-0-15106200-1436042243_thumb.jpg

post-4732-0-43075800-1436042271_thumb.jpg

Ok so as the title says, I'm looking to see if there would be any interest in a Windows 10 Introduction and Walkthrough as well as an Xbox One Integration Introduction and Review.

Windows 10 is right around the corner and I'm sure lot's of members alike are either waiting to see what this new OS and Xbox thing ends up being before they decide to upgrade from their Windows 7 or Vista/XP setups, or taking the plunge head first.  Basically I want to do a video showcasing Windows 10 features as well as the Xbox One Streaming features so members of the community can see first hand how everything plays out and works.  And maybe, you may learn a few cool tricks along the way or find help solving an issue.

If there is interest and you would like to add a suggestion for the video content, please post it up and let me know.  I have about 3 weeks to finalize the format and go over the content before I make the video.

• Like 2

Quick update.  i pretty much have the layout for the video but i need one more thing....COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT!  

In the off chance I miss something or dont cover certain aspects due to time and planning, I would like some questions posted here, that i can use as a Q & A for me following the video.  Please have questions posted no later than August 7th.  Once I am done recirding, I will record the q and a segment.

What are the key improvements made upon Windows between the current version and Windows 10? 

How do those changes impact the OS as a whole?

In your own opinion (Yeah, we're stepping on a land mine with opinions and stuff) is it better or worse than what is already available?

Due to an unforseen problem...this whole thing is on hold. I came home today to find my monitor broken. Since I already need a new HDD, I simply can't afford to buy both next paycheck. So....I likely won't have my pc in any kind of working order u til middle of August. Sorry for all this guys...

post-4732-0-47627800-1436834033_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Twinreaper

Due to an unforseen problem...this whole thing is on hold. I came home today to find my monitor broken. Since I already need a new HDD, I simply can't afford to buy both next paycheck. So....I likely won't have my pc in any kind of working order u til middle of August. Sorry for all this guys...

received_1632540027030622.jpeg

Good luck with the computer issues, just out of curiosity what on earth happened to the screen?

I have no clue. I had the monitor sitting behind my pc chasis while I had the whole thing taken apart, awaiting a cleaning and new hdd install. I decoded to put it back together and power it up and that was what I was greated with.

My only guess, is that maybe my 4 yr old niece maybe was playing nearby while I was away all weekend and maybe knocked my case into the monitor. Upon inspection under light at an angle, you can see a hairline crack in a wave pattern along the top running left to right.

Okay here is one. :)

Is Windows 10 an improvement over Windows 7?

Yes it is. The new OS builds upon Window 8.1 which had all the stability of Windows 7, but designed the new OS to be more Windows 7 remeniscent.

Spyro, a few key improvements are as follows...

1. DirectX12

2. Major Security update via file system handling and negation of needing plugins via browsing.

3. New processor handling code execution, reducing overhead and redundant processor state/execution within memory leaks/OS handling and general computation cycles.

4. Fully supports all current gen hardware including full utilization of GPU models stemming from GeForce Series 5 and above, and AMD equivilent.

In short, Windows 10 is more stable than Windows 7 and introduces new features not able to be supported by the past kernels of Windows 7 & 8. As far as compatibility with all games and applications in current use, I can estimate roughly 95% of existing items work flawlessly and faster than on previous OS versions.

I didn't intend to have to answer questions here, but u til my pc get's sorted out and I can do a proper video, this will have to surfice.

• Like 2