Halo 5 , sci fi COD.

silverkey

Why doesn't it seem like this company is trying WAY too hard at making this game. I have read through the forums all over the internet and keep seeing disappointment made know about Halo 4 and now Halo 5 beta. I have played Halo 5 beta and it is boring. You jave taken the Halo feel out of the game. Sure they ate still spartans and of course you've attached the Halo name to the product but sadly it is farrrrr from Halo. 343 you do toooooo much. I realized however you want more than anything a new following of kids who need to feel they are equal, that aiming is easier than ever before and we will make callouts for you so you don't have to learn for yourself. I am sure eyes will roll while reading this but the reason i am here is because i use to LOVE halo and the gaming memories it created. But since Reach , H4 and now H5 , it has gone down hill and further away from what made it a game you couldn't wait to get home and play and a competitive experience. Unfortunately 343 continues to prove they could careless about that. Well i will not be buying H5. I know that really doesn't hurt your sales but still.

• Like 1

Can you expand more on your points so 343 can actually learn something here ( if they ever look at this )

This also seems a good time to make statement. :)

Stop with the boring and generic topics "Halo 5 is a step back its like Cod"  "Halo 5 dosent feel like Halo" "343 sucks"

You get the idea, that is what I seen from a lot of threads so please stop, telling 343 that its like Cod or taken a step back dosent help them at all.

"Halo 5 dosent feel like Halo" < Why not? what problems do you have with the game and can you suggest ways to improve it?

Just saying Halo 5 is a step back or is like Cod helps nobody.

Caboose out!

The reason you're seeing people being disappointed is because people who complain like to make their voice be heard. Someone who is mad about the game writes it on a forum way faster than someone who is pleased with it.

Believe it or not, the "Go back to Halo 3" and "this game is too much like COD" crowd is at a major minority here.

Why doesn't it seem like this company is trying WAY too hard at making this game. I have read through the forums all over the internet and keep seeing disappointment made know about Halo 4 and now Halo 5 beta. I have played Halo 5 beta and it is boring. You jave taken the Halo feel out of the game. Sure they ate still spartans and of course you've attached the Halo name to the product but sadly it is farrrrr from Halo. 343 you do toooooo much. I realized however you want more than anything a new following of kids who need to feel they are equal, that aiming is easier than ever before and we will make callouts for you so you don't have to learn for yourself. I am sure eyes will roll while reading this but the reason i am here is because i use to LOVE halo and the gaming memories it created. But since Reach , H4 and now H5 , it has gone down hill and further away from what made it a game you couldn't wait to get home and play and a competitive experience. Unfortunately 343 continues to prove they could careless about that. Well i will not be buying H5. I know that really doesn't hurt your sales but still.

When going on forums we are behind screens and most may feel as if they need to say what they want to say for the good of themselves. I think you'll find that on any gaming forum, whether Halo associated or not there will always be at least one negative thread about an unsatisfied customer who is displeased with whatever it may be: different in-game experience,mechanics of the game,capabilities, etc. At least one thing you'll find is that the gaming community is vast and constantly growing and everybody wants something to have for themselves to have in a game. Games old or new will be and even have been criticized and judged, the ideal of criticism has been the same throughout years of gaming- you will find people who will complain and also those who particularly choose to use a kind of constructive criticism which partakes on a level that isn't just negative by saying 'Oh this is terrible', in fact it's more of 'Let's look on how it can improve'. Then again most choose to forget how much a game maker has went through to help develop the game over the course of many years. The problem is most general complaints about a game only focus on their own perspective but probably don't know what it's like for the game developers to be put into their shoes. So therefore it's only then being unable to grasp both sides of the situation creates a self- infliction of being contemptible for even the most to sometimes take seriously. Why? Because it's common. For all I know you could just be trolling.

But, Halo 5 Guardians MP Beta is significantly different from Halo 4 MP, and I've only heard good things about the Beta, and even if some don't like it, the full game isn't gonna be out for 11 months. 343 has PLENTY of time to tweak and fix the MP

343, why do you insist on ruining the game we all loved so much. I find more similarities between call of duty and halo 5 than I do with halo reach and halo 5. Smart scope IS ADS,  breakout may as well be called search and destroy,  and kill cam just ticks me off because it's always laggy and it doesn't even look like I should've been kind most of the time. When will halo 6 be released? 2016? Are you just gonna keep pumping them out like Activision and infinity ward do? If you are gonna steal ideas from cod just sell the franchise to them so they can ruin it to

343, why do you insist on ruining the game we all loved so much. I find more similarities between call of duty and halo 5 than I do with halo reach and halo 5. Smart scope IS ADS,  breakout may as well be called search and destroy,  and kill cam just ****** me off because it's always laggy and it doesn't even look like I should've been kind most of the time. When will halo 6 be released? 2016? Are you just gonna keep pumping them out like Activision and infinity ward do? If you are gonna steal ideas from cod just sell the franchise to them so they can ruin it to

It's a beta, so yes it's going to have it's pros and cons. Yes the feel is different, but in a good way. I would prefer all triple A games have a beta so the company can improve their games. Not everyone will agree that Halo 5 is great and wonderful, but honestly it's to early to say so for sure. I'm sure 343 has a lot planned for Halo 5, be patient don't let the beta bring you down. After all betas were made to help improve the game not define it.

^

To add to this. :)

Halo games normally come like this....

Around a three year gap between core Halo games that mark a significant important/difference/milestone in the franchise.

Halo Ce 2001 Halo 2 2004 Halo 3 2007 Halo reach 2010 Halo 4 2012 ( 2 year timeframe ) Halo 5 2015.

Just because you don't like the direction the game is going does not mean it is copying Cod and they are going to release Halo every year.

Besides what ideas are they "stealing from Cod?" none, Cod does not own the right to use the killcam, nor does it own the rights to sprint.

Halo 5 is more like Halo 3 than Halo 4 trust me to that.

For example everyone has fairstarts. Everyone starts off with the same weapons.

Besides its a BETA! You cannot expect everything to be perfect, you are testing the game, problems are to be expected.

My beta impressions: I dont like 4 vs 4. Its limiting and lacking all the epic, team-based gameplay of the Big Team battles. Slayer is nothing new and the breakout gametype is boring. All the best MP games these days excel the most at unique objective-based game play and that is lacking here. 

The powers arent anything new either and have already been around since the early days of Crysis and most recently in COD: AW. Also the character buidling and perks (other than new armor) that really build addictive gameplay seem to be lacking (I realize its a beta). I really hope that with the graphics boosts the game is planned to get (it does look really good) that 343 isnt sacrificing the big team battle aspects that makes these games so fun to play in a team work based PTFO style environment! - My 2 cents! Thanks for listening 343! 

Let's also remember that EVERYONE loved and had the same opinions about Halo Reach. Then once it released, it quickly became annoying and player count dwindled.

As for Halo 5 being like Halo 3 Caboose? You gotta lay off the LSD! The ONLY similar aspect is same weapon starts. And even using "Equal Starts" doesnt and isnt a justifiable term to use. Any MM match can be made to reflect equal starts via the gametype options.

^

It is like Halo 3 as having less Aim assist and fair starts. :)

I never said it was exactly like Halo 3 because its not.

343 has tried to cater to both sides of the Halo community and I think they have done a good job.

Sadly they will never truly please anybody because of the attempted balancing act.

Halo 5 seems closer to Halo reach then anything else. When 343 first said they arent gonna be any armor abilities, i had so much hope. Halo was a slowpaced game and I really wished 343 went more traditional. Still Halo 5 feels like halo but it feels more like Reach, and 4. Nothing like the first three games. The beta still is good, just that it really doesnt have the things that made halo so iconic so older fans are outraged. I just wanna say one thing though, what the hell is the point of the killcam? Did you know they said it was to modernize halo? That is the most dumbest thing I ever heard of. It is straight up copying, there is literally no point for it. "Modernizing" to me is something like adjusting the game screen or able to toggle the audio or something else like turning off aim assist. Im completely fine with Halo 5 but 343 really piss me off.

Also wtf is up with the spartans acting like a bunch of teenage superstars at the ending of the game?

I KNOW I cant be the only one who thinks thats corny as hell

^

Trust me, this game is less of Reach and 4, yes it still has elements from those games but it also has elements for Halo 2 and 3. :)

Its a pretty decent balance between old and new, think about it.

Spartan abilities

No loadouts

Smart scope

Fair starts

^

Trust me, this game is less of Reach and 4, yes it still has elements from those games but it also has elements for Halo 2 and 3. :)

Its a pretty decent balance between old and new, think about it.

Spartan abilities

No loadouts

Smart scope

Fair starts

Im sorry but what are you talking about? It has almost to nothing from Halo 2 and 3. Not even the animations are the same. No Scope/Zoom, Sprint, Abilities, Spartan Chatter, Killcams, Announcer talks too much, Skinny Players. All the things that made the first three Known for, are gone. Seriously though its closest to Reach than anything else

I enjoy playing the Beta, and I am a BIG big team battle player. That's what I focus on in all games.

Playing the Beta reminds me most of Halo 2...I guess because of the Battle Rifle. The game is very smooth and tight like Halo 3 and Reach were, which is a positive. My least favorite Halo is definitely Halo 4 and I'm crazy glad the Beta is different than it.

I am quite excited for Halo 5 BTB information :)

^
^

Halo 4 is the closest game to Reach, the Halo 5 beta plays like a decent mix of Reach and Halo 3.....

Wait.... I have to point this out.... not event the animations are the same? WOLOLOL wut?!

New animations are made every Halo game, no Halo game has ever kept the exact same animations. :)

^

^

Halo 4 is the closest game to Reach, the Halo 5 beta plays like a decent mix of Reach and Halo 3.....

Wait.... I have to point this out.... not event the animations are the same? WOLOLOL wut?!

New animations are made every Halo game, no Halo game has ever kept the exact same animations. :)

yes bruh bruh its true, but it was kinda dumb for me saying that. Still gotta say though. Halo 1-3 and ODST had very similar animations, lighting, and textures. Reach, 4, and 5 are heavily different from those past games, but keep the very similar animations, lighting, and textures starting from Reach. They keep the same theme.