2nd Session of Congress of the USF

Maestro

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should all talk of anime be banned from the USF?

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come once again. Congress is back in session... or I guess I should say parliament since I'm Canadian. Same rules as the first session: you may only vote if you are in congress, although other members may post their two cents if they truly feel the need to. Anyways, this is a (sorta) controversial topic, so prepare yourselves:

Should all talk of anime be banned from the USF?

*prepares flame shield*

Congressmen, assemble! Drizzy_Dan, Total Mayh3m, Sikslik7, Edward Kenway, BeckoningZebra1, -Sparky-, D-38 Boss, Ledgend1221, Self Destruct, and Bnus! The USF needs you!

Spyro, you shall preside over the session as Speaker of the House once again.

Edited by Maestro

You do understand that a numbered Congress is the newest term that Congresspeople take their position right? Since we haven't had a re-election this is just the start of our policy making season. We will just wait until the end, argue a bunch, and then write up some kind of crappy compromise at the end. 

Edited by Sikslik7

You do understand that a numbered Congress is the newest term that Congresspeople take their position right? Since we haven't had a re-election this is just the start of our policy making season. We will just wait until the end, argue a bunch, and then write up some kind of crappy compromise at the end. 

Goes to show how well I know American politics. :hrhr:

Removing it from all political debate would require too much circumlocution for civil matters and proprietary disputes. The removal of this topic may dissuade said judges from their duties through lack of interest. If anime may become a topic of predominant discussions, some regulations should be put in place, though the issue is downgraded by the topic of each case and the restraint of the judges. 

So no. 

Edited by Delpen9

I personally can't stand anime, I don't care for it, it's silly and doesn't make sense to me. I feel that to much talk of anime could mess up the minds if the forum dwellers ( just look what it's done to Azaxx, jk) I feel that it should be banned from the USF and violators should be executed, erm... I mean fined. Feel free to talk about the poison you call anime outside of the forum but keep the forum clean of the poison.

• Like 1

Wait...when was congress elected?!?  Why was I not on the ballet!

Congress was chosen by Maestro and I, we took ten of what we thought would make for a good congress, not that you wouldn't good or anything, we simply had our ten picked out.

In all honesty you should have created the poll in a PM and used the thread to only discuss the issue. That way you guys can vote with out having any risk of outside influence in the numbers of the vote while still allowing outside input.

Just a suggestion.

Having a public poll and not letting people vote on it can tick people off. Its like teasing a dog with a slice of ham, the dog will get pissed and attack you sooner or later.

• Like 2

While I hate most of Anime, some of it is kinda good. I've watched a few of them a few years back, and for the most part they were enjoyable. Nowadays most Anime looks pretty "over-exaggerated" to me, and I'm disinterested heavily. The old shows still linger with me from time to time though.

While I hate Anime I don't condone it. Yeah deleting talk of Anime would be like deleting something that some person likes to talk about outside of Anime: like Tacos, GSD, Movies, and the occasional Azaxx. So it wouldn't be fair to un-include  something that, even though we hate, someone else loves.

So with a heavy heart... I say no. I still hate Anime though.

There is a huge majority of forum members who like anime. Even though this is a halo forum it also has a offbeat item section and a  shoutbox, use them! Personally I like anime and it would be a  disappointment to anybody who feels the same way.So I say no, we shouldn't ban it because  it's not an inappropiate topic to discuss nor is it threatening and the  higher-ranked members  should indeed have 'bigger fish to fry'  than to worry about what  OS topics to talk about like anime. Ask yourself this ..if you wish to refuse having a topic that is offbeat then  what would be the whole point of posting stuff in the offbeat section in the first place if you keep trying to ban enjoyable topics that this huge majority can discuss?

-TMM

But... But what about DBZ??? :crybaby:

Awesome! XD

I personally can't stand anime, I don't care for it, it's silly and doesn't make sense to me. I feel that to much talk of anime could mess up the minds if the forum dwellers ( just look what it's done to Azaxx, jk) I feel that it should be banned from the USF and violators should be executed, erm... I mean fined. Feel free to talk about the poison you call anime outside of the forum but keep the forum clean of the poison.

Orly? That's a little bit strange coming from you. If you guys take a look on my profile and browse through I think you'll find Yoshi here posting a  comment after watching  a DBZ  abridged compliation video (DBZ is in fact a  Japanese anime, If ya don't believe me wikipedia it). I wouldn't neccessarily agree with the whole 'too much talk of anime could mess up the minds of the forum' statement. I don't partically see any crazy people on the forum due to anime nor do I see anyone whom is a nutjob like me lol xD. Also sounds pretty dramatic how you say 'Feel free to talk about the poison you call anime outside of the forum but keep the forum clean of the poison' Even though you can't stand it, you mentioned how you we're going into law& politics on your profile, correct? What would be the justice way to go from here?

TheMaskedMan, on 26 Jun 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

There is a huge majority of forum members who like anime. Even though this is a halo forum it also has a offbeat item section and a shoutbox, use them! Personally I like anime and it would be a disappointment to anybody who feels the same way.So I say no, we shouldn't ban it because it's not an inappropiate topic to discuss nor is it threatening and the higher-ranked members should indeed have 'bigger fish to fry' than to worry about what OS topics to talk about like anime. Ask yourself this ..if you wish to refuse having a topic that is offbeat then what would be the whole point of posting stuff in the offbeat section in the first place if you keep trying to ban enjoyable topics that this huge majority can discuss?

-TMM

Awesome! XD

Orly? That's a little bit strange coming from you. If you guys take a look on my profile and browse through I think you'll find Yoshi here posting a comment after watching a DBZ abridged compliation video (DBZ is in fact a Japanese anime, If ya don't believe me wikipedia it). I wouldn't neccessarily agree with the whole 'too much talk of anime could mess up the minds of the forum' statement. I don't partically see any crazy people on the forum due to anime nor do I see anyone whom is a nutjob like me lol xD. Also sounds pretty dramatic how you say 'Feel free to talk about the poison you call anime outside of the forum but keep the forum clean of the poison' Even though you can't stand it, you mentioned how you we're going into law& politics on your profile, correct? What would be the justice way to go from here?

I said "XD" after the Yoshi part because it had my name in it. I dislike the anime, the green dude confuses me, whats he supposed to be? Anime drives people insane, Azaxx was so blinded by his Anime that his argument was simply "NO". and he didn't follow the rules about the voting. If he hadn't been poisoned by the Anime he would have followed the rules and made a bigger more swaying argument rather than "no".

That is just one example. without Anime we can stop things like that from happening.

It also seems like you voted as well, you probably were so blinded by the poison (anime) that you missed the part about how congress is only allowed to vote.

Edited by Yoshi1176

I said "XD" after the Yoshi part because it had my name in it. I dislike the anime, the green dude confuses me, whats he supposed to be? Anime drives people insane, Azaxx was so blinded by his Anime that his argument was simply "NO". and he didn't follow the rules about the voting. If he hadn't been poisoned by the Anime he would have followed the rules and made a bigger more swaying argument rather than "no".

That is just one example. without Anime we can stop things like that from happening.

It also seems like you voted as well, you probably were so blinded by the poison (anime) that you missed the part about how congress is only allowed to vote.

Well alternatively you're 1 vote behind from winning so it's your word against the 3 other people.Also the green guy is namekian which is an alien race.DBZ Abridged is a  non-profit fanmade parody of the DBZ Saga created by Teamfourstar on YouTube if you ever want to understand and not become confused then why not  be like Sam and just eat his green eggs and ham? And try it out? You say it's 'poison', I don't see any deaths around here xD.And how you say I'm blinded? Well I get  extremmmmely tired sometimes but I'm never blinded by falsehood regarding an argument such as this.

And with Azaxx mistaking the vote and all I don't mind, there is a  'delete vote button' so that's no problem. I've deleted my vote but that still doesn't mean you will win.But the main point is ...be like Sam I am ! Try out the green eggs and ham of anime! Rather than just complain.However  If I  were you if I didn't like a  certain video or topic that was brung up, I would not watch it.Society must have variety and so must a  forum, singling out things like anime just make it seem  less appealing for users,some people don't always like to talk about Halo .As for the  anime as simple and plain as it is. It's part of how great we can deliver a piece of storyboarding into a  movie/episode.

Booyah!

I think all anime, everything involving it should be banned. I can't stand it, it's overrated, and ridiculous, and I think it's time for another total ban (similar to the ponies) and the very word (anime) should be censored.

Example: LULZ MAN I LURV ***** SOOOOO MUUUURCH LOOOL DEEERP TWEEEEERK.

Me: *facepalm* Shut up noob!

I think all anime, everything involving it should be banned. I can't stand it, it's overrated, and ridiculous, and I think it's time for another total ban (similar to the ponies) and the very word (anime) should be censored.

Example: LULZ MAN I LURV ***** SOOOOO MUUUURCH LOOOL DEEERP TWEEEEERK.

Me: *facepalm* Shut up noob!

Yeah but I think you're forgetting that  it's useful to some people .'Dark Angel' aka Yang had the RWBY Clan which is anime based. Here is my source http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/RWBY . Also we have anime games too which are in fact likeable to some , take  DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for instance...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txjpbEf0_2c  Not all video games are the same ya know. My point being is that it's useful for forum members , if Azaxx never liked anime he wouldn't of ever met any of you  , so be thankful that we have such a  great guy in control of the forums (and the others).Also how ridiculous can you get? So  you intend on planning to ban the word 'anime' but you still haven't opened your eyes to the other things that actually need to taken under some consideration  here?

In all seriousness, I'm not understanding the actual reasoning behind why we would ban a subject of discussion. Can someone fill me in as to why?

and please don't let the reason be "I don't like it."

Because apparently to them it's a  'distraction' and should not be discussed.I think thats what they're trying to say to us.

• Like 1