Ask The Director 2.0

^

^

But if anyone has power then power no longer exists. :)

That's not how it works Caboose. If nobody has power then power no longer exists, but if everyone has power that doesn't nullify the fact that they still have power.

You're thinking of the good needs evil thing.

How much time/dedication do you put into being a Community Moderator? Also how would you grade yourself upon your work?

Also, I would like to know why English is easier to write than to speak. (Think of it as a foreigner point of view)

^

But what's the point of having power when everyone has it?

So power no longer exists because everyone has it so having power is pointless.  :)

Do you just not read what I post or what? Power being pointless does not make power nonexistent. To be pointless something must exist in the first place, otherwise it cannot be deemed pointless.

Will i ever become a MoM?

That's up to you. It is definitely a possibility, but it takes effort. What we do when we select a MoM is we pick members and then debate what they have done that month and whether or not they deserve the title. We take into account how long the member has been a part of the forum as well, which is why sometimes even though there are newer members who've done a bit more an older member will still get MoM. Activity also goes a long way towards being selected as well.

In short, all you have to do to become MoM is contribute to the forum while maintaining your activity more so than other possible candidates. Just because that's "all" you have to do doesn't mean that it's easy though.

How much time/dedication do you put into being a Community Moderator? Also how would you grade yourself upon your work?

Also, I would like to know why English is easier to write than to speak. (Think of it as a foreigner point of view)

Basically every moment that I'm on the forum becomes time being put into being a C-Mod. Some days it's an all day thing, others it's popping on every couple of hours. The community goes through waves of being busy and then having a lack of activity. We're generally busy around the time of a release, and things tend to get a bit lax when we are between releases.

English being easier to write than speak isn't a universal thing, but the reason a lot of people feel that way is because there is less social pressure while writing than there is in speaking. Generally, when you are writing something you have the chance to take your time and double check what you are writing, but when you are speaking you don't get that chance. That's one of the reasons people feel like it's easier to write than it is to speak, and that feeling doesn't only apply to English.

• Like 2

What is your perception of Halo, as a brand?

I do not view it as a brand, but as a highly detailed story with tons of possibilities. It started out with a story centered around Master Chief, but quickly evolved into a story about the struggle humanity faced against an extraterrestrial threat as well as a rebellion happening just prior to said threat. While the majority of the story still revolves around John, there are several different stories that add to the main storyline in a wonderful way. Providing context to John's actions as well as the events happening around him.

This story has been told over the last decade or so, but seems to be nowhere near over. There are still many of the minor stories that can continue, such as the fate of the Spirit of Fire, Grey Team, and the survivors of Blue Team. There are also stories being added, such as the adventures of Kilo Five and the betrayal of Dr. Halsey. Even when these stories are finished being told, there is still the potential for many, many more. That's my perception of Halo.

• Like 1

What is the difference between "Font" and "Text"? 

Text is data in the form of words or alphabetic characters.

Font is a set of type of one particular face and size.

So basically text is the letters you see that form the words you read, while font is the way those letters are shaped.

So when're you gonna do another YouTube rant? :)

Probably in a few months. Gotta find something to rant about first.

I'd also like to know what the difference is between an update and a creation.

:troll:

Creation is the action or process of bringing something into existence.

Update is to make something more modern or up to date.

In other words, creating something means that the something you're making didn't previously exist. Updating something means that you are taking the original object and either adding to it, removing from it, or both.

Who's Ban hammer is bigger? :D

Yours, Azaxx or Twam?

Caboose, the banhammer isn't a real thing bro... it's just a metaphor. 

Assuming the banhammer were similar to a muscle (gets bigger with more use) then mine would be the biggest because Twam rarely takes the time to ban someone and Azaxx isn't as ban-happy as I am.

• Like 1

If you could terraform any other planet in the solar system, what one would you pick, and why?

I would terraform Venus if it were possible, as it is generally the closest planet to us and therefor would require fewer resources to travel to.

What is your opinion on Mr. Bigglesworth?

Well, there are multiple.

Assuming you are talking about the hairless cat owned by Dr. Evil on Austin Powers, I found it a hilarious alternative to the normal parody of the fluffy white cat owned by a villain.

Assuming you are talking about the cat owned by Kel-somethingorother in World of Warcraft, I have no opinion on him. Other than it was amusing at the time.

What would be the best game features in all the Halo games that we have seen and played, I want a third person view on Halo from someone who has a good grasp on what is decent or good game design that you have seen (my Xbox Live time expired like 2 years ago so I can't play it anymore D:)

Quite the question here. Thing is though, every feature of Halo can be argued to be great features or horrible features depending on one's personal preference.

Personally, I have a small list of what I consider to be the best additions to the "Halo Experience" throughout the years.

1. The Two Weapon System: Having a primary and secondary weapon was not entirely unheard of, but at the time that Halo CE came out having an assault rifle and a sniper rifle simultaneously while being able to easily switch between the two was. Halo wouldn't be Halo without this little feature, which has since become a standard in Multiplayer FPS games.

2. Online Multiplayer: In many people's opinions the ability to connect more than one console together (either via LAN or XBL) is one of the greatest things to ever happen to Halo. I agree with them.

3. Balanced Maps: Halo got a cult competitive following because of this feature. Early Halo maps tended to be very balanced, whether they were symmetrical or not. If there was an awesome weapon on one side, there was an awesome counter on the other.

4. Vehicular Gameplay: Halo was one of the first games I have seen with both vehicular and pedestrian gameplay during one match. Running around while other people were in tanks used to be a crazy thought, until Halo brought the ability to take on vehicles while on foot into the mix. They started out with Banshees and Scorpions being the primary heavy vics, and then just kept adding more awesome vehicles.

5. Sprint: This one is definitely contentious, but personally when I was playing Halo 2 and 3 all I could think about is how long it took to get from point A to point B while on foot. It was pretty common to waste a warthog just to get to the point you wanted to on the map first. Sprint allows for more fluid movement around the map, in my opinion, and also makes things more interesting with the energy sword.

6. Fileshare: In Halo 3 the fileshare had to be my favorite thing of all time. Even when matches were taking forever to connect, you still had something to do because accessing a user's fileshare was as simple as pressing a couple of buttons. In the fileshare you could view their photos and get a better picture (ha) of who you were playing with or against. It was also good for some chuckles, as many of the photos were downright hilarious. Halo 3 definitely had the best version of the Fileshare system, and I wish it would make a comeback.

7. Competitive AND Casual playlists: This was something that was most noticeable in Halo 3. Generally speaking, there are two types of Halo Online Multiplayers. Competitive players and casual players. Halo 3 did it's best to accommodate both groups without alienating anyone from either group. There was a ranked playlist specifically for competitive gameplay, and an unranked playlist specifically for teh lulz. That's something that all games need, and Halo needs to bring back.

What kind of music/artist do you like to listen to? 

Also what you do if you got 1 superpower of your choice?

I enjoy a variety of music. I primarily listen to Mudvayne, Slipknot, Disturbed, Eminem, Lindsey Sterling, Sugar Ray, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Ramstein, and Say Anything.

If I could get one 'superpower', it would be omnipotence, and I would use it to try to make the world a better place and make life more worth living for more people.

• Like 2