Ask The Director 2.0

The average adult blinks between 10 and 20 times per minute, so let's call it 15 times per minute. There are 60 minutes in one hour, so 15*60 = 900 blinks per hour. 24 hours in one day means 900*24 = 21,600 blinks per day.

So that would mean the average person in 1 year would blink 7,884,000 times? That means if a person lived for 50 years,  he/she blinked 394,200,000 times? Am I correct?

If there was a day where anything was legal (no rules, kind of like The Purge), what would you do?

Probably just defend my home. Everyone would be acting all crazy, and I genuinely wouldn't have anything else I'd want to do. 

So that would mean the average person in 1 year would blink 7,884,000 times? That means if a person lived for 50 years,  he/she blinked 394,200,000 times? Am I correct?

The average adult blinks between 10 and 20 times per minute, so let's call it 15 times per minute. There are 60 minutes in one hour, so 15*60 = 900 blinks per hour. 24 hours in one day means 900*24 = 21,600 blinks per day.

21,600 times 365.242 = 7,889,227.2 blinks per year, which means 394,461,360 blinks per 50 years. You forgot the quarter of a day, but other than that, yes you were correct.

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

Yes, he did. Fifteen years ago.

What's the point of silent letters in words?

At first glance, the answer would be that there's no point at all. However, there's a few reasons for them.

One reason is to distinguish between homonyms (e.g. be, bee or their, there, they're). Another common reason for a silent letter is that the word is shortened from another longer word. Like the n in damn, because damn is from the word damnation. 

Another theorized reason is that some silent letters were added to the spelling of certain words when education became an important part of one's social standing, so that someone who was educated would be able to tell when someone who was not educated was attempting to pretend to be. People who have not received formal education tend to spell phonetically, so they would exclude the silent letters from their writings.

What is average life span changes of Humans from the 15th Century to now?

Well, let's see. In the 1500's life expectancy was about 27 years (based on some notoriously inaccurate findings, mind you) and today life expectancy is about 67 years or so. 

Mind you, we only started keeping track of this statistic relatively recently, and it varies wildly nation to nation. For instance, the current life expectancy in Japan is 82 years, while in Mozambique it's only 42.

Are we going to do something about xbox sending people over to us instead of waypoint because every so often I find people being sent by xbox then I have to tell them to go over to waypoint I don't mind it just gets on my nerves sometimes or we could make a topic or forum about it.

We've attempted to in the past, and they've informed their call center employees to stop googling (or binging) 343i whenever someone calls in about Halo. However, that doesn't stop the idiots from doing it anyway.

1. Why is Twam so mysterious?

2. What would be one magical form of transportation you would like to try but doesn't exist?

3. Why doesn't Azaxx show emotion?

1. I don't speak for Twam, but I'd wager that it's because of how busy he is. That and he might be all shy and stuff.

2. Instantaneous Teleportation

3. He does. If you annoy/anger him enough. :troll:

Am I a good member (got to tell truth) I really want to know also do I make you proud?

Well, considering I don't recall having to ban you, then I'd say yes you are. Also, I don't get proud of other people.

What is pi×pi?

Roughly 9.86960440109

Is pokémon an anime?

Yes, it is. It's also a video game and a trading card game.

• Like 1

D:

The Director's gonna have a baby!?

That can be part of a rant. Heh :3

Yes, I am going to have a baby. lol

Is it possible to change the color of your iris without using expensive surgery or contacts? Does subliminal messages work for doing this?

Nope. Eye color is naturally blue (or light grey/violet as the case may be), but becomes green or brown with additional pigmented cells that are added to your eyes based on your body's genetics. There is a procedure that will disrupt the layer of cells that causes the color of your eyes, leading your body into removing these cells, leaving you with blue eyes. They accomplish this by using low-energy lasers. However, the procedure is technically surgical and is also pretty expensive (they estimate $5000). It's also not available to the general public at this time, as they are still doing studies to determine efficacy and safety.

There will be people who will tell you that you can change the color of your eyes through a number of means (including drinking copious amounts of coffee, meditation, subliminal messaging, and even colored eyedrops), but these are usually the same people who would use poison ivy to treat ED. Eye color is like skin color. The only changes one can make would be temporary at best, and harmful to one's health at worst.

When are you going to go on another banning spree? I miss the shoutbox being all black and stuff.

There are some big things coming soon, and as such I'm a bit too busy for comical banning. 

1. What are your views on the community as a whole?
  2. What members would you consider to be your friends?

1. Well, the community is one of the largest communities across any game/universe that I've ever come across. That being said, there are some pretty deep fractures within the community that cause in-fighting as well as drive some away. After the release of Halo Reach the only thing that kept me a part of the Halo community was the community itself, so there's also that.

2. Basically everyone on the moderator team and a few staff members and 'normal' members. I'd prefer not to name names as it would hurt feelings as well as be taken as favoritism.

How many fires am I allowed to start before I'll be perma-b&?

Any fires you start in real life will likely not result in any disciplinary action here on the forum. Unless you posted graphic imagery about the fire.

If you are referring to flaming, then it is entirely dependent on the severity of it.