Do Video Games make you violent?

Is not JL

It definitely is an interesting read, if a bit short for my tastes. I definitely think it was a smart idea to keep the option of it possibly connecting to violence open at the end.

Personally I feel that video games CAN contribute towards violence, however it is only a very minor contribution and only with in a select group. Many people are just fine with it and that is a great thing, but those who are too young to understand video game concepts and have poor parenting have a chance of being affected in such a manor.

Still, as I said, it was an interesting read.

Do playing games make you a psychopath cold blooded killer ?

No they do not and even if they do the stuff you can see on TV is 100 times worst so if anything TV is the problem and anyone who does play games and becomes a psychopath was already in a terrible mental state to begin with. :)

Do playing games make you a psychopath cold blooded killer ?

No they do not and even if they do the stuff you can see on TV is 100 times worst so if anything TV is the problem and anyone who does play games and becomes a psychopath was already in a terrible mental state to begin with. :)

i agree even though most games are violent they should look at the positives instead of violence because some youtube vids and a lot of movies hold a ton of violence but some people who are depressed and a lot of people play games because of depression and i know i did start playing games because of it

• Like 1

Great Project. To me, I hope you received an A Plus on this project. Keeping the argument at the end open with out a Yes or No answer leaves the reader to make the decision themselves and is not given an answer by the writing. I really like it a lot. Again, good job.

In my opinion;

You're either born with natural violent tendencies or you're not. Growing up in an aggressive household can create artificial violent tendencies or build upon the natural ones. Games only reveal the tendencies people were born and/or brought up with, it doesn't create it.

• Like 1

i agree even though most games are violent they should look at the positives instead of violence because some youtube vids and a lot of movies hold a ton of violence but some people who are depressed and a lot of people play games because of depression and i know i did start playing games because of it

In all honesty, I don't believe video games to be "Violent", in that sense of the word, It's the things people do with and make from video games that is violent. like, you could just kill a grunt in halo 3, but some people like destroying it's backpack THEN killing it; the violence level is just a determinant of the individual.

Nice work!  :thumbsup:

I don't think video games make you violent. It's not like I think after playing GTA "let's go out and steal a car and murder everyone"

They just use video games to blame it on something.

A good reason for the high kill rate in the US is mainly due to the fact that just about everyone can buy a firearm not because of video games. 

Nice work!  :thumbsup:

I don't think video games make you violent. It's not like I think after playing GTA "let's go out and steal a car and murder everyone"

They just use video games to blame it on something.

A good reason for the high kill rate in the US is mainly due to the fact that just about everyone can buy a firearm not because of video games. 

thats defintely true but its also parents faults a little bit cause if they raise their kid(s) up with the mindset of that fact that  "Im not allowed to do that" more then likely it will dumb down the number of cases  im not saying its a solve all solution but it would help 

either that or keep them away from Violent Video games untill they are old enough to understand they arent suppose to do some of the things that games like GTA or Mafia  show them doing. Did anyone ever notice that the ESRB rating system has kind of gotten thrown out the window now?

They don't make us violent. Wars happened WAY before video games were even invented, there's no way that video games can make us violent. I think if anything, it makes us less violent, because we can shoot things and blow everything up on the games, but it's only a piece of software so we're causing no harm at all, if any of that made sense. Hopefully you guys understand what I'm saying. People say that "Video games are making kids violent" - If that's even remotely true, that would be due to bad parenting. There are family settings on the consoles, so if people don't want their kids playing these games, set parental locks on "M" rated games! I played video games all my life, and I am FAR from a violent person.

• 3 weeks later...

Just jumping back to this topic to be more serious. I don't think video games cause violence, if anything it helps decrease it. If you have a stressful day at work, video games can help relieve stress. Of course, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Ultimately it depends of that persons mind-set. I want to talk about something else, rather than what I just mentioned.

I heard a story on the internet about a parent who let his young boy (Aged around 8-15, can't remember) play any game he wanted, typical spoiled child. Regarding the game, specifically it was Call of Duty, the boy was naughty this one day, he demanded to be allowed to play his video games and the mother simply said no. The boy later during the night or early morning went into his mothers room and stabbed her to death. Now, what causes this? Video Games? Wrong, it has nothing to do with video games, this issue results to how that young boy lived his life and how he was parented. But, that's simply not the issues either, as human beings we are one with our mind, we control our thought process and ultimately make decisions by our selves.

Now, I can't say how accurate this story is, but it has definitely happened before, and it's not the first time and I don't doubt it wont be the last time. Only that person is to blame, not video games. Whatever the news says that results in the flaming of video games, is completely biased and clearly have no understanding in human nature.

Edited by ShockGazm