Should the Reach Forge Pallette be scrapped?

BrandNewClassic

Should 343 scrap the old Halo Reach pallete and start fresh, or keep it and add other pieces? I think it was okay to hold on to for Halo 4, but if 343 repeated this again the second time around, I feel like it would be bad for Halo 5. Those pieces are well dated, and I'm sick of seeing them.

Tell me what you think. 

I would like to be able to choose more specific sizes and different material. Like something that could be broken. I liked Reachs forge tools but I would like the magnets to be available  in the next Halo. I would also like the building materials to be customizable. So you cold have UNSC looking walls or Covenant and so on.

Edited by Yoshi1176

I don't think it should be completely scrapped but I think there's some room for improvement. Maybe put less energy into putting a dozen types of walls in and focus more on creating more variety in the items players can use. I also agree about what some other people said about being able to re-size pieces to your liking / being able to re-skin pieces.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think 343 should do more to create variety in the environment of whatever 'Forge World'-type map they include in Halo 5... Maybe, instead of making it all look similar, they can use different landscapes in the different sections of the map? Or just make multiple, different-looking maps designated to specifically Forge.

I think they should keep some pieces, and replace others. They should have new buildings and custom sizes (being able to choose what size you want certain pieces) for blocks, ramps, bridges (custom length) as well new, bigger natural pieces such as ravines and waterfalls.

I think they could actually turn a profit releasing "Skin packs" for forge that retextures the set of existing base building block pieces.

Everyone could play on the maps, but only those that purchased the packs could forge with them.

Not trashed, upgraded. They made Forge so much better from Halo 3 to Reach (Although personally the textures and objects in H3 were better I.M.O.) and I was hoping they would do the same in H4 but sadly they didn't although the magnets were fun :D I do hope they upgrade it for H5 as well as give more options for custom games, especially for certain gametypes, *cough* infection *cough*

I think they could actually turn a profit releasing "Skin packs" for forge that retextures the set of existing base building block pieces.

Everyone could play on the maps, but only those that purchased the packs could forge with them.

Yeah, cause everybody wants to see 343i turn into EA {sarcasm}.

Yeah, cause everybody wants to see 343i turn into EA {sarcasm}.

Nobody should have any problem with EA selling cosmetic items, the problem comes when EA sells competitive advantages. That's why people dislike EA.

But they don't have to charge for skin packs, I just like 343 and I think it would be a good source of income for them.

I'd prefer if they were free, but if I had a choice between paying for them and having them not exist, I'd pay for them.