Shipwreck 007

"Shipwreck 007"

Brought to you by GryffinGuy007.

Map Link: Shipwreck 007

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/gryffinguy007/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=664a850a-1e37-4827-ae5f-0f01b5072cbb

Gametype Link: 007 Infection (Also compatible with regular Flood)

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/gryffinguy007/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameSettings&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=048b11ee-40e7-4b35-b58a-d1fc42895c7b

So the long awaited sequel to the Airliner story has finally arrived. This wrecked and abandoned Aircraft Carrier is the last evacuation point of the original 007 Airliner. Taking place underneath a large cliffside, barely held still by the sharp rocks that lie beneath, this Carrier has crashed amongst the island and attracted some rather uninviting inhabitants, that continue to spread the Flood plague.

This sequel is atleast 3x larger than its predecessor, housing a large, torn apart ship, small islands and a Lighthouse. The Flood rain down from the cliff face, as well as being shot from the top of the Lighthouse. Players may explore as they please, as well as hunkering down at their spawn, located in the cargo hold of the Carrier. The weapons arsenal is pretty much identical to the previous map, with a few added weapons. The gametype has been modified slightly, to cater for this map and allow for the humans to take out the flood with slightly more ease. This map caters towards more larger lobbies, from about 10 - 16 players.

Loot can be found scattered all around the map, but be wary as the flood always have that upper edge on you. As for any tips to survive the outbreak: Stay together, always rotate whilst walking, and look up occasionally. The images below have been taken so that there are no major spoilers on weapon spawns, or direct layout, you'll just have to explore and work it out for yourself. So, without further ado, here are the images...

post-30531-0-39711500-1365222566_thumb.jpg

post-30531-0-50687500-1365221633_thumb.jpg

post-30531-0-12255900-1365221649_thumb.jpg

post-30531-0-05715500-1365222572_thumb.jpg

I will be uploading a trailer in the near future.

Also, if you do decide to feature this map, please give a shout-out to the channel I am now apart of, OnlineKnights. Thank you, and happy 2013.

• Like 4

Dude Gryffin nice map. If you join the Halo 4 Play Date at the end of the month I hope we get a chance to play on here. It's got a great story and it looks like it has that eerie feel of suspense on Flood. You know where you know they're coming and they're probably close but you can't see them but you're afraid they can see you and then suddenly you hear that loud scream they make like HHRRRAAAAAA and they slash you and your dead.

Like I said, good map.

Played this map in customs today. The aesthetics and concepts are amazing; however the spawning for the zombies at the high grounds causes a heck load of lag in bigger lobbies and can make the games quite long and repetitive. While falling down, you end up teleporting and end up committing suicide a lot of times.

What I would recommend, is putting teleporters instead of having the whole fall to the battle feature. It's nice, but doesn't work with Halo's physics very well.

Played this map in customs today. The aesthetics and concepts are amazing; however the spawning for the zombies at the high grounds causes a heck load of lag in bigger lobbies and can make the games quite long and repetitive. While falling down, you end up teleporting and end up committing suicide a lot of times.

What I would recommend, is putting teleporters instead of having the whole fall to the battle feature. It's nice, but doesn't work with Halo's physics very well.

Great idea, however I had the Flood spawn up on the cliff, to give the same sense that Airliner 007 did, and make it feel more like a sequel, rather than a brand new map all together.

I may decide to have the Flood jump from a lower height, or teleport in, at a later date.

Thank you for the advice though.

This wrecked and abandoned Aircraft Carrier is the last evacuation point of the original 007 Airliner. Taking place underneath a large cliffside, barely held still by the sharp rocks that lie beneath, this Carrier has crashed amongst the island and attracted some rather uninviting inhabitants, that continue to spread the Flood plague.

Sounds like a very save evacuation point. BTW, how is a plane supposed to land on it if it's tilted like 30 degrees?

By the way, I thought online knights was dead. Are they still doing map features? Can I apply for one?

Sounds like a very save evacuation point. BTW, how is a plane supposed to land on it if it's tilted like 30 degrees?

By the way, I thought online knights was dead. Are they still doing map features? Can I apply for one?

It was evacuated because of the Flood outbreak..? Also, planes aren't supposed to land on it now, because it's been EVACUATED. That aside, the carrier is destroyed and crashed among rocks, which is why it's tilted "30 degrees".

OnlineKnights isn't dead, we upload videos more than two times per week.

It was evacuated because of the Flood outbreak..? Also, planes aren't supposed to land on it now, because it's been EVACUATED. That aside, the carrier is destroyed and crashed among rocks, which is why it's tilted "30 degrees".

OnlineKnights isn't dead, we upload videos more than two times per week.

Good to hear that the knights are still up. And I do like the tilted/destroyed effect. But you said that the carrier is the last evacuation point for the airliner. How is the plane supposed to evacuate to that point if there's no way to land on it?

• 3 weeks later...