Boltshot finally being nerfed!

Maximum Clutch

Boltshot nerfed  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will it still be over powered?

There should be NO one shot kill weapons in the loadouts. The bolt shot is that one weapon that breaks that rule... The magnum gets a scope. plasma pistol gets an overcharge shot to bring down shields or EMP... But, boltshot gets an overcharged one shot kill? Come on, if anything it should bring down shields and that's it! I understand that the negativity does raise more voice than the positive. But this is a weapon I can spawn with and camp with... There's nothing good about it! The tier of weapon should be equal in power to its current tier. It is a pistol, therefore equal the power or the other pistols.

You're right. It needs a scope. Lol.

i think everyone is missing the point here, i think everyone can agree that a one shot gun should never be a starting weapon but its not the power of the boltshot thats the problem its the great functionality of it. you can literly charge it up briefly and let it go and kill someone or wait a while and let it go and kill someone. It should be like the spartan laser a charge period where it cant 1 shot until its fully charged that would make it alot harder to use

• Like 2

I know i'm gonna get some hate for this, but i don't think that the boltshot was ever op. I did a test on it and it is far crappier than the shotguns, and the other pistols have their ranges. I rarely use the boltshot because I have no use for such a one use weapon, and I rarely get killed with it even though I use an ar most of the time. When I see a person hiding around the corner with a boltshot I throw a grenade or just go the other way.

I guess I dont care that the boltshot will be nerfed because it wont effect me at all.

I honeslty had few problems with it before its nerf. I honestly believed it added some more depth to how you engage in close quarters, giving thruster pack and hardlight sheild extra reason to use.

The Boltshot can be heard very clearly, and so can the light emminating from its tip. You just have to respond to this accordingly. Right before discharge just thrust out of the way, or pop hardlight sheild. If you see the other team is abusing it, start using hardlight. Yet, if your skill with thruster pack is enough, just play safe. The nerf will be great, no doubt. This nerf will definetley keep me feeling more snug when hearing that noise while rounding a corner. Just play smart and Boltshot becomes child play ( just like with everything else).

Then people'll complain about Promethean vision being OP, and blah blah blah.

Oh well. People who die will complain, and that's the main issue - they're complaining about things that kill them. Most of the time they don't even know why something is OP; to them, it just is because it kills them a lot.

halo 5

Weapon pillow that's it a pillow nothing else

It doesn't matter what the one hit kill range is. If I have a shotgun or a sword and I get in close quarters combat with you, I should kill you every time. Changing the range doesn't change the fact that if someone is coming after you with a sword or shotgun, you can just go around a corner and come out and kill them in one shot before they can get you. This gun will always be OP until it is a one shot kill from melee distance or the OHK is taken away.

• Like 2

It doesn't matter what the one hit kill range is. If I have a shotgun or a sword and I get in close quarters combat with you, I should kill you every time. Changing the range doesn't change the fact that if someone is coming after you with a sword or shotgun, you can just go around a corner and come out and kill them in one shot before they can get you. This gun will always be OP until it is a one shot kill from melee distance or the OHK is taken away.

I wouldn't mind it at all if it was out of starting loadouts. But it irritates me when people say it isn't overpowered because you have to be close for it to be effective. By that logic we should able to start with energy swords too. OHK weapons do not belong in loadouts. Period.

I wouldn't mind it at all if it was out of starting loadouts. But it irritates me when people say it isn't overpowered because you have to be close for it to be effective. By that logic we should able to start with energy swords too. OHK weapons do not belong in loadouts. Period.

i think you need to read the quote again

here is a clear counter to the boltshot

another boltshot no phothean vision for seeing peaple through walls

fight fire with fire

Why should we have to stoop down so low? Besides, PV and BS are just crutches. I am sorry, but it is true. I am not trying to paint some fancy idealized tryhard Halo world where everyone uses Battle Rifles and Magnums only and the sprint and instant spawns are off. I am just talking how we play the game.

It should be, I shoot at you, you shoot at me and one of us dies. Not, you hide behind the corner waiting to line up your BoltShot with PV. That just isn't fun for either party. And I don't see how anyone can have "fun" using that tactic unless they just live off making people rage.

If customizable loadouts weren't in this game, problem solved. In older Halo's, it was fine to drive a vehicle around because people usually had to drop a magnum or ar for a plasma pistol. Now they just spawn with it, and it's pointless to drive vehicles around, more pointless than when there was armor lock. Anybody can shoot a banshee down when they spawn now, tanks are totally defenseless against emp's, wraiths as well. Now, if you had to drop a magnum or ar to pick up a boltshot, then I wouldn't have a problem with it either. I really liked the boltshot the way it was however, even if I did get killed by it plenty of times. You just need to use it gayer than they do. I don't play Halo 4 anymore, so it doesn't really bother me, but when I did it wasn't that big of a deal.

Why should we have to stoop down so low? Besides, PV and BS are just crutches. I am sorry, but it is true. I am not trying to paint some fancy idealized tryhard Halo world where everyone uses Battle Rifles and Magnums only and the sprint and instant spawns are off. I am just talking how we play the game.

It should be, I shoot at you, you shoot at me and one of us dies. Not, you hide behind the corner waiting to line up your BoltShot with PV. That just isn't fun for either party. And I don't see how anyone can have "fun" using that tactic unless they just live off making people rage.

Lol if it were up to me everyone would have PV as a permanent infinite AA should they choose. That's a whole game.

Also making people rage is more fun than you make it sound, a fact which I'm sure you'll admit even if you don't admit it publicly. I don't teabag or trashtalk or grief at all, but I do use PV + Boltshot and love the idea of it making someone crack.

The same arguments for trash talk work for cheap kills, if you can get your opponent angry then you're giving yourself an edge, and playing that psychological game is completely legit. Cheap kills are actually waaaay better at it than trash talking.

When I play against a team and they clearly have one guy who is having an awesome game, I do my best to make that guy miserable. I'm not any good at it anymore, but knocking that one guy off his rhythm can mean the difference between winning and losing (A player who is just "on" is a nightmare to face, you have to shut them down fast). When my clanmates and I used to get split up and have to fight each other in matchmaking I'd zero in on the guys who I knew had bad tempers, because I wanted them to freak out, get pissed, and start making the rest of their team miserable. If I could get them yelling into their mics at their teammates then I'd win.

There are many more ways to disrupt your enemy than just scoring a kill on them, and it's important to appreciate and understand the presence of such tactics at higher levels of play. If you can find their strong point and break it, or find their weak spot and make it contagious, you've made a serious contribution to your team's efforts. If I know someone hates the boltshot, you can bet I'm going to boltshotting them every chance I get.

I teabag and trash talk all the time. That is one of the sole reasons I love Regicide so much. People use mics and to me there is no point in having a mic in FFA unless you are going to trash talk. I haven't used the BoltShots in my loadouts in a long time but if I see one on the ground I will pick it up.

I will admit though that making people rage IS fun. I guess when I typed that previous post up I was just thinking of the PV+BS combo. Lol, I have had such great trash talking wars with people I should be making YouTube videos. And it is sooooooooo satisfying when you trash talk in win.

Believe it or not I don't get muted or get negative feedback very often if ever because I am quite funny when I do. I either hear a lot of laughing or rage when I am talking trash and both are disruptive to people. I have had people that were not using mics actually put on their mic in the middle of my rant just to tell me off. I could tell I had gotten to them. And to me it is all in good fun.... at their expense, of course.

Lol if it were up to me everyone would have PV as a permanent infinite AA should they choose. That's a whole game.

Also making people rage is more fun than you make it sound, a fact which I'm sure you'll admit even if you don't admit it publicly. I don't teabag or trashtalk or grief at all, but I do use PV + Boltshot and love the idea of it making someone crack.

The same arguments for trash talk work for cheap kills, if you can get your opponent angry then you're giving yourself an edge, and playing that psychological game is completely legit. Cheap kills are actually waaaay better at it than trash talking.

When I play against a team and they clearly have one guy who is having an awesome game, I do my best to make that guy miserable. I'm not any good at it anymore, but knocking that one guy off his rhythm can mean the difference between winning and losing (A player who is just "on" is a nightmare to face, you have to shut them down fast). When my clanmates and I used to get split up and have to fight each other in matchmaking I'd zero in on the guys who I knew had bad tempers, because I wanted them to freak out, get pissed, and start making the rest of their team miserable. If I could get them yelling into their mics at their teammates then I'd win.

There are many more ways to disrupt your enemy than just scoring a kill on them, and it's important to appreciate and understand the presence of such tactics at higher levels of play. If you can find their strong point and break it, or find their weak spot and make it contagious, you've made a serious contribution to your team's efforts. If I know someone hates the boltshot, you can bet I'm going to boltshotting them every chance I get.

It's people like you that ruin the fun of the game.

I disagree. Read the book of five rings. There is great wisdom in the post you rebutted.

u could easily use his tactics against him and flip it but instead you choose to concede...

I know... It's a game and supposed to be fun. However if you can turn his tactics against him it will be the most fun you ever had.

I'm just going to admit that I get off on tea bagging people.