The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

Definitely have the arbiter back, and maybe even the return of the flood, and for the flood game type, give the flood no shields to make it a little harder for the flood, and lastly have the prometheans return to earth and team up with the covenant maybe, possibly, the fall of earth, and everybody on the planet has to evacuate on UNSC cruisers and get sent to a new planet, or possibly the now glassed REACH.

• Like 1

If anyone from 343 is reading this...please private message me with your thoughts on it. I honestly think that, while most of the replies in this thread are probably ridiculous (didnt look so dont quote me..) i believe most if not all of my sugguestions are spot on. Some are very minor, others, complete 180's from the current Halo experience. So without further doodoo, ahem:

1 -  Farther grenade throwing. Same distance as in halo 2.

2 - Human shotty should shoot faster to be as good as the scattershot

3 - In forge, a toggle system for objects and magnets. Example: Say youve got a ramp 1x2, toggle the bottom of it on or off, leaving you with just the ramp as a flat piece. Magnets, a toggle system between magnet points in the middle of sides (like they are now) to points on the corners so you can snap blocks to corners of blocks, for example

4 - Wraith should shoot a bit farther, its lil ridiculous how high up you gotta look to get the blast anywhere but in front of your bumper...

5 - Put 1 flag ctf and assult back in the game

6 - Armor abilities should be pick ups, not loadouts.

7 - Remove sprint. You will get used to the way halo is meant to play, dont worry ;)

8 - The sound fx for the human sniper and rocket launcher is retarded...change em back

9 - Human sniper takes too long to shoot a second shot...beam rifle is so superior to it right now

10 - Battle rifle sounds like a single shot laser or something, once again, change the sound back to what it was

11 - Put a "Press Y" to pull up a halo style version of your friends list, like Halo 2 invented and Call of duty now has. The xbox interface lags.

12 - Put a visible 1-50 rank for each playlist right next to your name for the world to see...**** some online investigating your opponents bull****

13 - 60% of the helmets and different armor customizations look retarded. Hire a new designer for this in H5.

14 - Fix the rotation glitch in forge. You know..how you cant rotate something on 2 axis' with roto lock turned on...

15 - Make a controller setting like the default is now but with Melee back to the "B" button. I absolutely HATE the bumper for that.

16 - Its a long shot but **** it...i want to see AI opponents in customs and especially forge for testing your maps! And to practice on ppl when u got no friends. lol

17 - Remove the grenade indicator. This isnt COD god damnit! The fun in halo is walking around a corner and unexpectedly catching a frag to the foot!

18 - It should be easier to avoid preforming the assassination Animation.

19 - On CTF, i dislike how you automatically pick up the flag if you touch it. Press "X" to pick up the flag! And able to drop it again!

20 - Spartan laser takes too long to charge up imo..

21 - Remove the bolt shot...alltogether

22 - Study the halo 2 and halo 3 maps very carefully....and dont you dare release another game with such ****ty maps to begin with.

23 - Gauss hog is too strong i think...idk how it could be fixed tho

24 - Remove flood. Zombies is only fun when you dont actually HAVE a zombies GAMETYPE. THIS makes it *** and something most only children play.

25 - Id like a flying counterpart to the banshee...whether it be UNSC or promethian...

26 - Where is the Flood in campaign anymore?? I just remember the library on halo ce...soooo much carnage

27 - The announcer's voice becomes cheezier with each new halo game. Its up to a higher pitched, cartoon network commercial type voice. What happened to the deep low sinister "Slayer." voice from before? Did the guy quit?

28 - The grav lifts should act like the used to...now its like no matter what angle you hit it, it constricts your jump to the same jump each time. I miss the way the old ones worked.

29 - Grenades should bounce a bit more. Also, their explosions look lame now.

30 - NO BLOOM. PERIOD. Halo has ALWAYS been about consistancy and this is simply not halo, dont care how you spin it.

31 - Ugh... fix the BR so it doesnt jump up in the air...once again, this aint COD and it dont need ****** recoil..christ sake we're talkin spartans here, if he can flip a vehicle over he can hold a damn rifle steady.

32 - Id say start with 2 grenades, but make the carrying capacity back to 4.

1. A beta

2. Listen to the community before the game comes out, and not just after

3. Visible In game 1-50 ranking system

4. Toggle sprint option

5. 4 shot BR

6. No ordinances

7. BTB objective 

8. Ranked and Social playlists

9. Spectator mode

10. No DMR 

11. No Plasma pistol or plasma grenades in loadouts

12. Bring back some Halo 2/3 small maps (this would only work if theres a toggle sprint option or a no AA playlist)

13. Put some real vehicles on the BTB maps

14. 12 v 12 BTB? 

thats all for now I'll think of more later

• Like 1

i would like to see the cheif be reunited with his spartan brothers and sisters, like kelly or fred, the blue team needs to be reuinited...amd if 343 does something like that, give the spartan II AI's their own little flare of animation...don't make them simple AIs, but make them actual SPARTAN IIs, like allow them to be really fast like they're supposed to be, make them awesome

@KRUS4DE, dude you don't need to complain, i like the fact the halo is changing a little, if you don't want it to be cod, then don't keep the game the same like cod does...all cod does is add a new weapon and bull**** killstreak...i'm happy that halo changes a little every game, no two are alike, and i'm happy that it's that way...P.S. ifyou want things to feel like halo, then quit your b****ing. if you haven't realized yet, halo has always been changing, never the same thing twice. so if you want to cry "this doesn't feel like halo" well then, you're only talking about one of the halo games, like i said, no two halos are alike. for example, halo 1 had health bars and no battle rifle and other good weapons, the ar could shoot 60 rounds, halo 2 didn,'t have health bars, you could play as arbiter and there was the br and smg, the pistole looked different and shot differently, the brutes were introduced, halo 3, brought back the ar and br, you couldn't dual weild the needler, the pistol changed back to halo 1 looks but had no zoom and wasn't overpowered, new flood forms were introduced and there were diffrent types of brutes, not just one cheiftan, and the gravemind was a little more involved, halo 3 odst, you played as an odst, a regular marine (so to speak), they took out the br and dual weilding, you had no sheilds, and you didn't fight elites or flood, halo reach, they brought back health bars, they told a different story other than the cheif's, they took out dual weilding entirely, new weapons, no br, and a different style of gameplay was required, armor abilities, and the models had new looks, the covenant couldn't speak english, and you could customize the campign character, co-op ampaign, everybody was their own spartan, weapons became both more powerful and less powerfull, the snipre became a little more powerful each game, the spartan laser became a little weaker each game, halo 4, the cheif returns, the br is brought back, new weapon designes, no health bar, the weapond became more ballanced, new enemy, the start of the reclaimer saga in the halo universe, spartan ops, multiplayer has a ton of new features, default sprint, armor abilities, loadouts, how you play is different too, firefight was in halo reach and odst, new characters are introduced, old ones died, and now the story has stoped for now, halo 5 will not be the same as halo 4 and i hope that it stays that way, so all you ******* cry babies who want "the halo feel", well quit crying because halo has been halo all this time nothing has changed a bit, if you want something that has the same feel to it like it always does, bull**** and anoying campers up the ass, then go play cod you whiners!! 343 dont change anything about how halo has played out throughout the years, keep it changing and evolving, dont become cod and stay the exact same way throughout you time to shine in the halo spotlight, halo hasn't changed at all if you are smart enough to actually look at how halo has been this whole time.

• Like 1

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/26508-elites-odsts-warfronts-and-other-ideas/

This includes:

- Elite Ops and ODST Ops

- ODSTs in multiplayer

- Arbiter's role in Halo 5 (touched)

- Covenant Separatist immersion to Halo 5

- Ops cutscenes

- Ops canon characters

- Warfronts (a game variant that replaces Firefight)

It's a big thread so be prepared to read a lot. :)

I went ahead and quoted this thread in the OP as well as adding a link near the top of my post. I like your idea quite a bit.

First of all i want to apoligise for my bad english

I realy did like the most of halo 4 multiplayer it did ad choices (weapons,grenades and so on) but scope in aviable in vehicles (passager) and boltshot is to overpowerd and the mantis its just eats bullets and the tank is slow as **** and their is no spca for it

So for the story line i like to see some of the war betwen the elites (arbiers followers) agianst the brutes and the prophets after their betrayl in h2,and also some more of the hunters cuz as somebody said they are awesome, maybe the tamning of the hunters (as the prophets say in h2), AND BRING THE FLOOD BACK even drones. I did like the old enimes but new one is funny too but you cant just take away an enimey its not like they just -hey we quit and goes back home... sence the drones was forced in to service by the covenant for an example.

And i hope thge bidact dident die...

It would be cool if you guys also added a CAS/CSO suppercarrier in some part of the game too cuz they are big as f....

And vehicles im happy so long the the GAUSS,SCARAB and maybe hawks are in it.

The music was good but ad some more sad music aswell like never forget and a better main menu musik

AND PLEASE NOT SO MANY BOTTOMS IN GAME.

BTW offtopic dident the humans have any defince around or on earth when the didact came whit he ship to earth in halo 4?

I am a huge Halo fan and of it's epic music. Sadly i am highly disappointed in halo 4, I like the idea just how they put it together. I do know about 343's history with halo. They had a big deal in the past with the "Halo Bible". I do agree with Cortona's death, dating back from Halo Legends. Yes the stories idea is great, but it's the feel. Halo 4 doesn't feel with Halo. It's missing its epic music (mainly like from Halo 2 and Halo 3). With the flood being back, since not all installations been found, but all hosting the flood parasite. Also the multiplayer is starting to feel like COD, too fast, yes Halo used to be way too slow, but if you play COD it can easily become too fast and a team getting an advantage, because they adapted faster. Halo is me needs to have bring back many great gametypes, Halo 3 had so many! Halo: Reach just having great ones like invasion, Hog King, etc. Just the customization was wonderful. Halo 4 was trying to hard to become "modern" when the old feel was great. We don't need every game being like Battlefield, COD, etc. You need something different. Also big back the old guns! they were better than the new ones, they had so many games to edit and change them to stop the Oping that Halo 4 is having problems with. Now with forge make it new, something that even the outside box thinkers would be blown away from, look at fallout, that's a true map editor, make the ground up would make it so much better. Halo needs to be able to find skulls again, tell the story more in-depth, and make it Halo-like. The best thing ever was the car drives in the end, felt so BA going against the clock. But Halo 2 had best members, boarding that scarab with a shotgun and a rocket launcher was just AMAZING!  plus that boss fight. Elites are so needed back as well. And whatever you do don't turn Dr. Haseley bad, she's the true hero. She made the Chief who he is, not some stupid war criminal she is made to be. Firefight was so good, helped with me being as good as I am now, plus if you guys added a bot system, it will make testing new maps better. No need to stack up a party just make one with bots (that are highly customizable, like in James Bond: Nightfire GameCube), or fill in missing spots with these guys, it will help a lot in custom games and maybe Matchmaking. Also I know this is very unlikely, but try to get modding support like Minecraft wants, yes i know it's not really enforced, but it will help if you can get Microsoft to do so. Lastly Master Chief should meet the last Spartan 2/3s (there are about 6 others I believe), I've read about it and saw in a Halo game talking, about them. I mean how does June just disappear out of nowhere!?

That is my comment thank you GT:GRUNTxGOD

My requests are simple:

1. I like the addition of loadouts and improved customization with armor abilities.

2. Include all weapons in Multiplayer that have been in all Halo Games, UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner. Also all vehicles

3. New Weapons/vehicles. Games like Battlefield are heavy in weapons and vehicles, which gives players a greater selection and increased personal preference. 

4. Weapons with single shot and semi-auto selection.

5. Scope attachments, including night optics. 

6. Bring back the Flood, perhaps (as hinted in H4 campaign and multiplayer gametype Flood) as a UNSC military experiment in bio-warfare gone wrong. Bring back the Flood!

7. Elite Slayer, Promethean Knight Slayer in multiplayer

8. Able to customize Elite, Promethean Knight (and even Flood) in comparable ways Spartans are customized. Knights would have weapons/armor abilities as in the campaign and a new Flood Playlist with players able to customize Flood character with weapons/Armor abilities, etc.

9. Continue Spartan Ops (as others have stated, Spartan Ops is Firefight, but better conceived).

10. FORGE: a. Bring back precision editing please as in Reach; b. Completely gut and re-imagine forge objects, or at the very lease, add more (blocks, decorations, ramps, buildings, etc. ramped platforms/stairs need to have mirrors for symmetrical map building); c. Improve coloring and add ability to add/change textures on objects; d. add spherical shape to objects (esp safe/kill zones); e. add ability to modify armor abilities with trait zones. 

11. Custom Games: Improve customization options and bring back vampirism so I can bring back VLG.

12. Lastly, I want Halo 5 to be dark, really really dark, like Doom 3 or the original wolfenstein 3-d game, one of the first 3-d fps games (now you know how old I am) (or hell, like Halo CE as the Flood are introduced). I feel like in H5 John 117 must be on a journey of discovery and delves into the activities of the UNSC science team who are found to be messing with Forerunner technology and Flood/Promethean genetics for bio-weaponry).

I can go on, but this is just the basics.

CV

• Like 1

I am a huge Halo fan and of it's epic music. Sadly i am highly disappointed in halo 4, I like the idea just how they put it together. I do know about 343's history with halo. They had a big deal in the past with the "Halo Bible". I do agree with Cortona's death, dating back from Halo Legends. Yes the stories idea is great, but it's the feel. Halo 4 doesn't feel with Halo. It's missing its epic music (mainly like from Halo 2 and Halo 3). With the flood being back, since not all installations been found, but all hosting the flood parasite. Also the multiplayer is starting to feel like COD, too fast, yes Halo used to be way too slow, but if you play COD it can easily become too fast and a team getting an advantage, because they adapted faster. Halo is me needs to have bring back many great gametypes, Halo 3 had so many! Halo: Reach just having great ones like invasion, Hog King, etc. Just the customization was wonderful. Halo 4 was trying to hard to become "modern" when the old feel was great. We don't need every game being like Battlefield, COD, etc. You need something different. Also big back the old guns! they were better than the new ones, they had so many games to edit and change them to stop the Oping that Halo 4 is having problems with. Now with forge make it new, something that even the outside box thinkers would be blown away from, look at fallout, that's a true map editor, make the ground up would make it so much better. Halo needs to be able to find skulls again, tell the story more in-depth, and make it Halo-like. The best thing ever was the car drives in the end, felt so BA going against the clock. But Halo 2 had best members, boarding that scarab with a shotgun and a rocket launcher was just AMAZING!  plus that boss fight. Elites are so needed back as well. And whatever you do don't turn Dr. Haseley bad, she's the true hero. She made the Chief who he is, not some stupid war criminal she is made to be. Firefight was so good, helped with me being as good as I am now, plus if you guys added a bot system, it will make testing new maps better. No need to stack up a party just make one with bots (that are highly customizable, like in James Bond: Nightfire GameCube), or fill in missing spots with these guys, it will help a lot in custom games and maybe Matchmaking. Also I know this is very unlikely, but try to get modding support like Minecraft wants, yes i know it's not really enforced, but it will help if you can get Microsoft to do so. Lastly Master Chief should meet the last Spartan 2/3s (there are about 6 others I believe), I've read about it and saw in a Halo game talking, about them. I mean how does June just disappear out of nowhere!?
That is my comment thank you GT:GRUNTxGOD

This ^^

Btw thnx SweatyBagels :D

Spartan Rider, on 04 Mar 2013 - 1:02 PM, said:

General:

- FPS aspect like Halo 2 (weapon positioned on the middle)

- Promethean Vehicles

- Air UNSC vehicles

- Balanced weapons

Campaign:

- More open field missions

- More AMMO

- Missions with more variety of vehicles, even allies as foes.

- BOSS fight

- More UNSC Marines, and Spartans fighting beside the Master Chief in Campaign

- The return of the ODST's

- Prometheans darker and more cruel, with faster, surprising and constant attacks

- More chaotic missions

- More variety of scenario.

Multiplayer:

- Some maps inspired on Campaign

- Objective animations (CGs), before and after some game mode

IF THERE ARE MORE ISSUES, I'LL REMEMBER LATER.

the campaign had enough ammo scattered around...alot of it was semi hidden but it was there. If you thought there was too little ammo it is probably because you either dont know how conserve your bullets or you didnt search around for crates and hidden weapons...I did the entire campaign on Legendary and there was actually too much ammo. For halo 5 i hope there is less ammo...i love having to resort to melee or stealth in order to defeat enemies. I love having to scavenge the battlefield for ammo. every bullet counts! Limited ammo adds to the survival aspect of the game.

I want hardcore elements. for example: having to heal was something i liked from reach/odst/combat evolved. I was hoping they would take it a step further with armor repair or vehicle repair.

Here are some more ideas to add a few survival mechanics to the halo gameplay. These ideas where created with the gametype invasion in mind but they would work with spartan vs spartan modes.

overall stamina bar: for things like jumping, sprinting, melee, ect. Because spartan's and elites should get a little tired during long engagements...

Power levels: Spartan's and aliens must check their armor power levels and keep them stable. Spamming armor lock or any other ability that is a power hog can cause low power levels. Armor systems with low levels of power will temporarily terminate all non essential functions. That means your HUD only monitors health and targeting. Your shields will recharge slower, your movement speed is penalized and your armor ability will be unavailable.............................. In other words Spartans must monitor how much juice is in the tank to prevent the shutdown of certain functions. or worse....your armor might explode....

Bases will include Armor charge up stations to allow for quicker power up of armor. These stations are not necessary. they simply lower the amount of time a spartan must wait for the system to recharge to full capacity. they also allow for a system overcharge. Over charging your armor can increase performance but it also increases the likely hood of malfunctions. In the worst case scenarios overcharged armor will become unstable and electrocute the occupant or even cause a significant electromagnetic pulse explosion. Proceed with caution.

weapon durability: Repair your weapons or else they will become less reliable over a long period of use.

armor durability: Tend to Get shot in the head? Then enjoy the cracks in your visor or static in your HUD. take too much damage to your arm and you will suffer increased weapon recoil.

Sustain critical Leg damage and your speed will be penalized. Too much chest damage will result in cracked/holed armor. broken armor is not as effective as a fresh chest plate.

Spartan Movements: Spartans should feel like ten ton ninja's. They need to be heavy so if they fall from a high building it might stagger them. On the other hand a spartan is very strong and agile...Spartans should be able to pull themselves up onto ledges. dive through windows, preform combat roles or momentum absorbing rolls. Im not suggesting allowing every spartan in multiplayer to do parkour...but what if you could get a tactical package or armor ability that increases your mobility and allowes for some basic parkour? something along the lines of mirrors edge or Brink.? This would add a level of Verticality to the game.

Elites are even more agile then spartans. Instead of elites that are just bulkier versions spartan's in MP, we need elites that are very agile and sneaky...I feel 343 made elites feel too much like brutes in halo4. Elites are very tricky and chances are they will ambush you most of the time. yet in halo4 they where portrayed as brutish, savage, terrorists.

System errors: Repair and maintain your mjolnir or else suffer HUD glitches and or armor malfunctions.

Repair and refuel: Do you hate people that drive around in the warthog endlessly or go on endless banshee/mantis runs? Well now vehicle whores will have to get out or recruit a friend to refuel their vehicles and replenish ammo. On the flip side spartans with a repair tool can somewhat repair friendly vehicles. The repair tool takes up the slot of the secondary weapon. (covenant vehicles recharge via a charge station.)

real EMP ordnance drops: electro magnetic pulse weapons and grenades. these extremely Rare weapons will be more devastating then the standard plasma pistols EMP blast. these weapons will temporarily disable vehicles however even after the vehicle reactivates it will be slower or have a slower rate of fire. real EMP's will also disable spartan's in addition to harming their shields. Spartans affected by real EMP's will have very slow movements, weak shields that slowly recharge, no armor abilities, no HUD, lowered grenade range and lowered melee damage. Real EMP's break through armor lockers and hardlight shields. Even after your armor reboots itself their may be small armor errors and hud glitches!

Real vehicle damage: Have a sniper rifle? spotted a vehicle? well then Shoot out a tire,Target the gas tank, aim for the fuel core, blow off its guns/turret. Immobilize, Disarm, and sabotage enemy vehicles.

Drop pod ordnance: chance of earning a drop pod for your next spawn. drop in where you want! avoid spawn killers!

Better AA---Better flying and air combat: Modes with tons of aircraft or even space battles. Use ground vehicles and infantry to destroy anti air emplacements! Use dropships to dust off troops and supplies. support your fire team! Participate in epic dogfights with energy shielded ships. Break the shields of enemy ships with machine guns and finish them with missiles. If an enemy locks onto you with missiles Deploy counter measures! If you are skilled enough your counter measures will divert the missiles.

Prepare for dustoff!-Flyable Dropships and gunships: Gunships act as a spawn points when hovering low above the ground or in designated landing zones. Anti air is crucial.

Complex melee system: Slightly lower powered melee attacks. If your skilled enough you can reverse or escape assassinations, resist hijacking and block swords with guns. blocking a sword with a gun has a 50% chance of saving your life but your shield will still drop. Blocking also lowers the weapons durability bar to zero, sacrificing the guns reliability.

Kicking- you thought the spartan's had powerful fists? try taking a armored boot to the face!

Real ordnance drops: Enemy incineration cannon? No Problem! Earn and call in a Target locator for a chance to laze 1 mac round in the general direction of the enemy.

earn a silencer ordnance for your SMG, BR or any other applicable weapon.

Need an extended clip for your AR to pelt that pesky enemy overshield? no problem just earn it all call it in!

call in a single use undermounted grenade launcher or shotgun for your BR or any applicable weapon.

or even a red dot sight for your saw, an Extended barrel for your shotgun or equip armor piercing rounds on the old needle rifle!

Elites can call in ordnance too! Have you Ever wielded a needle rifle with an undermounded energy blade beyonette? or a carbine with mounted single use plasma launcher!

Vehicle drops: Coordinate with your gunship pilots. drop in vehicle assets where needed.

Custom HUD: Real spartan's tune their HUDS to their individual needs. Choose the color of your HUD. Choose any HUD from any previous halo game. Be one of the first spartan's to use an alien heads up display or create a Hybrid HUD using an ingame HUD EDITOR!! hud forge anyone?

Vehicle customization: You have heard of rocket hogs and Anti air wraiths. Well what about Needle ghosts, promethean bolt shot bikes ,light armored promethean transports, plasma grenade launchers mounted on wraiths, a Focus rifle mounted on a banshee, Fuel rod Revenants, Pelicans equipped with mounted spartan lasers and missile pods, a Slow large promethean aircraft that shoots incinerator rounds or even grenade launcher hogs..

Underwater and Zero g Environments: Keep your suits oxygen tank intact. Compensate for Zero gravity movements. Use your spartan's built in thrusters to guide yourself through enemy fire.

Playlists with First person driving: look down that dashboard on your warthog. see the handle bars of your mongoose. view the world through the mantis targeting computer. Explore enemy territory using only the terrain navigator on your covenant vehicle. Snipe enemies with the built in VISR unit included in any scorpian or gauss turret. look down the barrel of your favorite turret or Monitor the instruments inside the cockpit of your pelican!

Skill based triage system. Every spartan undergoes basic medic training. Play with a medic loadout in MP! Drag your fallen squad mates to safety. as you drag them they will have to cover you with a sidearm. once behind cover you can then attempt to manage the bleeding and fill your friends wounds with bio gel. If the bio gel takes then the spartan will rise to fight another day. also Health packs no longer instantly heal but instead increase health over time..

Removable helmets: Took a sticky grenade to the face? If timed correctly the player can remove his/her helmet and toss it in the direction they are facing. Once a helmet is removed the spartan can die from a single headshot. The only way to replace your helmet is by pulling one from a dead body or requesting a helmet drop.

Unmanned drones: Its the future! remotely pilot an unmanned aircraft, mech, armored vehicle, or even a robo spartan! Just dont stray too far or you will lose signal. and Watch out for hackers. Hackers can take control of your unmanned drones if they hijack you. non hackers can still board you but they can only plant a grenade or pummel your drone. Only a hacker can take control of the drone.

More melee weapons: Energy spears/staves, Combat knives, Chainsaws, gravity axes, electrified spec ops EMP katana's, Needle maces and power fists or Assassins creed style Hidden blades inside your armor.

Duel wielding specific armor ability or upgrade: I feel this is a good compromise. People who want duel wielding can use it but they will be forced to swap it for another equally useful ability.

Night time gameplay: battle in the dark with flashlights, nightvision VISR or thermal VISR.

Immersion: optional settings for first person assassinations and hijacking.

More grenades and throwing weapons: Needle grenades, EMP grenades, Regeneration grenades, smoke grenades or flashbangs. stun grenades. Throwable energy staves, Wrist mounted Ballistic knives in your gauntlets. Proximity Mines, Remote detonators or C4.

Equipment ordnance: Deployable barriers, turrets, forcefields, cameras, radar, First aid kits, repair kits, teleporter nodes, man cannons, and bubble shields.

Real physics: Watch in awe as your spartan gets knocked on his *** from a big explosion, Is forced to drop a gun or gets tackled by 3 elites.

Animated vehicle flipping: when a vehicle is upside down and you flip it the camera will pop into third person. You can finally watch master chief struggle to lift that tank.

Animated weapon pick ups: pick up a weapon at your own risk. you will be vulnerable while you bend down to pick up that sniper rifle.

A spartan vs elite or promethean Competitive game mode: something in the same vein as Invasion from halo: Reach

The SMG: Bring back the sub machine gun. It is the most satisfying automatic weapon in any video game. Even when not being duel wielded the SMG was amazingly reliable in halo3. what if you could earn silencer or scope for it? you will wind up with a mid range power weapon.

These ideas would increase immersion, realism, and give the game a sense of survival. It would add variety to a now stale formula and just make the game as hardcore as it needs to be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I have said before, I would like to see an armory that is actually useful. Small stat boosts are applied to each armor piece (different stat boosts for different armor types and pieces) wouldnt unbalance the game and add a far better level of customization to your Spartan so it suits your game play.

Yes, I agree. Different armor types should yield certain pros and cons. Light armor would allow for quicker reflexes, faster movement, stealth, etc. Heavier armor might slow you down, but you would be harder to kill, etc. You could pick different armor types to suit your prefs, which would be a mixture. Some might want heavy armor all around, while others might seek light armor, while others would pick light and heavy armor for different body areas.

CV

Here are some more ideas to add a few survival mechanics to the halo gameplay. These ideas where created with the gametype invasion in mind but they would work with spartan vs spartan modes. 

These ideas would increase immersion, realism, and give the game a sense of survival. It would add variety to a now stale formula and just make the game as hardcore as it needs to be. 

Great list of thoughtful suggetions for Halo 5. CV

• Like 1

one thing i found wrong with halo 4, is there arent alot of guns, which made their loadout system. stupid. reason being two guns that are used every fight, the BR or DMR. i dont know about anyone else, but i'd like to get shot at something else that didnt take 4 bursts or shots to kill me with. add something else in like god forbid i say this, but be like call of duty. they have about 30+ weps. in their game. each has their own ups and downs to it. a loadout system looks great on paper for halo, but sucks due to there are hardly any guns in the game.

my second is the armor abilities, evasion worked a hell of alot better than a thruster pack. evasion u go around the corner, thruster i get pushed 1meter ahead woo hoo!!

my third, it pisses me off 343 didnt take time like bungie did when it came to deveolping their game. reason being, when halo 4 came out, everyone around the world can be put into a lobby. which when you shot the guy, ur shots did no damage. they fixed in the first week, but how about it doesnt happen when the game comes out? like when your first map pack came out and everyone could download it for free?

my fourth, your wearing armor, ur armor pieces shouldnt just be there for looks, actually give a armor piece a ability, like the grenadier chest piece, it should have had a dencer shield to it. i mean make ur armor have meaning not just look pretty. make them have traits. scout armor, makes you run faster, but your shields arent that great, due to the more speed, and ur cloaking armor ability lasts longer. something on the lines of that. make the game better, and it would (hopefully) make everyone think of ways to put different armor pieces together, to make their spartan to their liking. and my second is, females arent all built the same, some can hold heavy armor, and some cant. how about you have a sizing system, and actual requirment to wear the armor. like george, he was big as hell, and wore heavy spartan armor. (that actually covered his shoulders, all the shoulder armor looks like bicep armor js) put more thought in.

oh another thing about the armor, dont half ass it. put time into it. i dont know where you got the idea of the pioneer helmet, but 1 helmet from reach made that helmet look like chicken crap. i mean alot of the halo 4 helmets looked rushed, and hardly any thought into it. make actual helmets, not ones like (another example) the ranger helmet, you look like an attacking mentally retarded bird. and before anyone gets onto me for saying that. go back to reach, or the other halos. and take a good look at their armor. then look at halo 4s. bungie's armor vs 343's in my opinon it looks alot better than their armor. it looks thrown together just to get it done and make more money. and your spartan figures from female to male, look really bad aswell, they both look really to skinny and not enough muscle. halo reach, the male spartan was perfect. the female spartan could have used alitte less on the butt. but they got it right. on the models and how they run as well. and another thing that bugs me. when you assinate where the hell do you pull your knife from? i mean if you can come up with a way you get your knife out. i will be amazed. but knowing no bungie employee will look at this, and put serious thought into their next game. like every game making company, they ask for suggestions and nothing, honestly take everyones opinion into consideration. and try to put it together the best you can. i know making a game is hard, im not saying all your hard work is bad. well i kinda did. i was pissed while typing. (sorry in advance) i know wat its like to work with coding. and how long it takes. its a pain. but maybe if u put some extra thought and went back to your earlyer designs of your spartan armor. like the ones i see all over google. make actual helmets. and put it to where you can attatch something that could help the person out with it. not armor abilities. and hell if i showed you what i could come up with in a day for a spartan i would. i mean i use to have tons of pre made out sketches of armor, and little side notes for the what the purpose of that certain armor does. anyway we all have our opinions, just thought i should have mine out there. sorry if i offended people.

• Like 1

one thing i found wrong with halo 4, is there arent alot of guns, which made their loadout system. stupid. reason being two guns that are used every fight, the BR or DMR. i dont know about anyone else, but i'd like to get shot at something else that didnt take 4 bursts or shots to kill me with. add something else in like god forbid i say this, but be like call of duty. they have about 30+ weps. in their game. each has their own ups and downs to it. a loadout system looks great on paper for halo, but sucks due to there are hardly any guns in the game.

my second is the armor abilities, evasion worked a hell of alot better than a thruster pack. evasion u go around the corner, thruster i get pushed 1meter ahead woo hoo!!

my third, it pisses me off 343 didnt take time like bungie did when it came to deveolping their game. reason being, when halo 4 came out, everyone around the world can be put into a lobby. which when you shot the guy, ur shots did no damage. they fixed in the first week, but how about it doesnt happen when the game comes out? like when your first map pack came out and everyone could download it for free?

my fourth, your wearing armor, ur armor pieces shouldnt just be there for looks, actually give a armor piece a ability, like the grenadier chest piece, it should have had a dencer shield to it. i mean make ur armor have meaning not just look pretty. make them have traits. scout armor, makes you run faster, but your shields arent that great, due to the more speed, and ur cloaking armor ability lasts longer. something on the lines of that. make the game better, and it would (hopefully) make everyone think of ways to put different armor pieces together, to make their spartan to their liking. and my second is, females arent all built the same, some can hold heavy armor, and some cant. how about you have a sizing system, and actual requirment to wear the armor. like george, he was big as hell, and wore heavy spartan armor. (that actually covered his shoulders, all the shoulder armor looks like bicep armor js) put more thought in.

oh another thing about the armor, dont half *** it. put time into it. i dont know where you got the idea of the pioneer helmet, but 1 helmet from reach made that helmet look like chicken crap. i mean alot of the halo 4 helmets looked rushed, and hardly any thought into it. make actual helmets, not ones like (another example) the ranger helmet, you look like an attacking mentally retarded bird. and before anyone gets onto me for saying that. go back to reach, or the other halos. and take a good look at their armor. then look at halo 4s. bungie's armor vs 343's in my opinon it looks alot better than their armor. it looks thrown together just to get it done and make more money. and your spartan figures from female to male, look really bad aswell, they both look really to skinny and not enough muscle. halo reach, the male spartan was perfect. the female spartan could have used alitte less on the butt. but they got it right. on the models and how they run as well. and another thing that bugs me. when you assinate where the hell do you pull your knife from? i mean if you can come up with a way you get your knife out. i will be amazed. but knowing no bungie employee will look at this, and put serious thought into their next game. like every game making company, they ask for suggestions and nothing, honestly take everyones opinion into consideration. and try to put it together the best you can. i know making a game is hard, im not saying all your hard work is bad. well i kinda did. i was pissed while typing. (sorry in advance) i know wat its like to work with coding. and how long it takes. its a pain. but maybe if u put some extra thought and went back to your earlyer designs of your spartan armor. like the ones i see all over google. make actual helmets. and put it to where you can attatch something that could help the person out with it. not armor abilities. and hell if i showed you what i could come up with in a day for a spartan i would. i mean i use to have tons of pre made out sketches of armor, and little side notes for the what the purpose of that certain armor does. anyway we all have our opinions, just thought i should have mine out there. sorry if i offended people.

I liked everything you had to say here. I don't play COD, but I do play BF3, and there are way more than 30 gun/rifles and multiple missle launchers. I like being able to pick my rifle/pistol, and add attachments and adjust the scope.  Anyways, great thoughts. Thanks for sharing them.

CV

You know all i want is,

Spartant Sangheili

Sangheili and ODST in Muitplayer.

Sangheili Armour Permations equal amount as Spartans have.

ODST Armour Permations equal amount as Spartans have.

Pelicans been useable in Forge.

Return, Hornets and Falcons Which are in Halo 4 but only appare in the background.

Shortsword, Longsword, Broadsword and just about everything else in Campain that we can interact with in Forge Mode.

Weapon Mods? Which would only be the weapons you spawn with.

Troop Carrier warthog, and varions shown from this image.

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/a7f1f039935aa476f0376ef17fa87fce/l.jpg

Oh, and the Hacker Class which was cut from Halo 4.

• Like 2

I have already posted earlier in the thread, but I just wanted to add a thought to what i have already written. One of my main requests for Halo 5 is a return of the Flood--and I really want H5 to be dark and scarry. So, as a secondary thought I had some ideas about Halo 5 Flood Playlist. First, there would be specific Flood Armor Abilities, which you can link to the ongoing discussion of people's ideas of what would constitute a Flood Armor Ability here. One thing that would make multiplayer Flood fun would be a new version of Alpha Zombie, where players in infected form become stronger infected forms as the game moves on, like going from a grung to a Hunter. And, here is another idea: a Flood playlist with a variant similar to BF3 Gun Master, but everyone starts out as basic Flood, and as you kill enemies you move up to higher levels of Flood with new weapons and Armor Abilities at each level. The first person to get to the top tier wins.

Just a thought. The mind tends to wander when you xbox is dead and the seller on Amazon is dragging their feet to send you another. My only connection to the game is the forums for now.

CV

• Like 2

oh another thing about the armor, dont half *** it. put time into it. i dont know where you got the idea of the pioneer helmet, but 1 helmet from reach made that helmet look like chicken crap. i mean alot of the halo 4 helmets looked rushed, and hardly any thought into it. make actual helmets, not ones like (another example) the ranger helmet, you look like an attacking mentally retarded bird. and before anyone gets onto me for saying that. go back to reach, or the other halos. and take a good look at their armor. then look at halo 4s. bungie's armor vs 343's in my opinon it looks alot better than their armor. it looks thrown together just to get it done and make more money. and your spartan figures from female to male, look really bad aswell, they both look really to skinny and not enough muscle. halo reach, the male spartan was perfect. the female spartan could have used alitte less on the butt. but they got it right. on the models and how they run as well. and another thing that bugs me. when you assinate where the hell do you pull your knife from? i mean if you can come up with a way you get your knife out. i will be amazed. but knowing no bungie employee will look at this, and put serious thought into their next game. like every game making company, they ask for suggestions and nothing, honestly take everyones opinion into consideration. and try to put it together the best you can. i know making a game is hard, im not saying all your hard work is bad. well i kinda did. i was pissed while typing. (sorry in advance) i know wat its like to work with coding. and how long it takes. its a pain. but maybe if u put some extra thought and went back to your earlyer designs of your spartan armor. like the ones i see all over google. make actual helmets. and put it to where you can attatch something that could help the person out with it. not armor abilities. and hell if i showed you what i could come up with in a day for a spartan i would. i mean i use to have tons of pre made out sketches of armor, and little side notes for the what the purpose of that certain armor does. anyway we all have our opinions, just thought i should have mine out there. sorry if i offended people.

First off i agree with your gripes on the armor. The armor in reach was really cool but it lacked the variety that we got with the halo4 armor. Its a trade off i guess.

I wish the game had more guns and i think they would have liked to include some of the old favorites like the SMG or the Plasma launcher...The problem is guns take up more space on the disk then anything else. They would have to cut out a ton of content just to make room for one gun. This is why ODST was missing the battle rifle and energy sword. Those weapons needed to be removed in order for bungie to give the game the detail that it needed. 

The reason call of duty has so many guns is because most of the guns fire the same. All they have to do is Change the textures And tweak the damage/rate of fire.. but many of the reload animations are either borrowed from other guns or just super short and underwhelming. 

This will never work for halo because bungie set the bar with halo CE. In every halo game all of the weapons not only have multiple reload animations but multiple melee animations. Every gun in halo pretty much fires differently with quality particle effects...Not to mention every gun has a totally unique targeting reticle. Many guns in call of duty use the same Reticle. 

Long story short the only way to add more guns would be to compromise on the quality of the guns....You can have quantity or quality and i feel halo4 had a good balance of both. 

Until they Invent some new type of disk that can hold more space we will be confined to 20 guns or less. 

1. New Forerunner weapons...

The weapons in Halo 4 were new and fun but they didn't seem Forerunner from what I've seen and heard of their weapons. Now I do know that the Forerunner weapons in Halo 4 were made for the Forerunner Flood War so there really should be a whole other class of Forerunner weapons. From what I know the weapons they used before the Flood War were more organic and could combine shots with other weapons fired with them. These weapons, if put in to the game, would be more powerful than their human covenant equivalents. In campaign enemies with these weapons would be able to group together and combine there's shots to make one that would be at least 2x more powerful than if they just shot all there guns once. The power of the shot. would also depend on what weapons they had. Even if they didn't combine the shots simply being near other functioning, ally, energy weapons would allow it to drain a small amount of energy from these guns to make the shots slightly more powerful.

I could not agree more!

1. Much longer campaign

2. loads of weapons (old and new)

3. lots of maps, more adventurous and majestic

4. FIREFIGHT!!!

5. UNSC scarab equivilant (not mammoth), and scarab

6. Arbiter (obviously)

7. warrior servants

8. EPIC foreruner vehicles

9. Spartan ops

10. Lots more insight in the campaign regarding the ancient galaxy (precursors)

1. base most campain levle on the halo 2 ones

2. bring back gold and super sentinals (halo 2)

3.Large maps form mamonths

4. bring back specter (halo 2) hornets/falcon (halo 3-reach)

5. make dual weildeing like a specliazion or perk

I like all of these suggestions. I think making dual yielding as an armor component/specialization would be a creative way to implement. CV

• Like 1

We need to be able to add AI in forge mode and put custom Firefight maps in our file share. This absence in Halo 4 is my biggest complaint about the game since we've been asking for it forever. Other than that, I'd love it if the game allowed you to customize flood starting weapons and be able to spawn players with no weapons. I'd also like a campaign that's a bit more open. Halo 4 was REALLY linear and I got bored easily. Instead of forging pre-existing maps, we should have a flat map specifically for forging (War Games and Firefight) that we are able to terraform. Don't tell me it's not possible: Farcry 3 did it and I think it would be mind-blowing if Halo had this along with its already remarkable gametype customization. Also, being able to change the biome would help.

Recap:

-Ability to forge campaign/firefight maps.

-Flood being able to carry weapons.

-Gametypes where players spawn with no weapons.

-Less linear campaign.

-A better forge mode with terraforming.

-Changing weather in forge.

And PLEASE don't bring Cortana back. The ending of Halo 4 was tragic and had so much more depth than we were expecting. If she came back, it'd be hard to take the games seriously.

We need to be able to add AI in forge mode and put custom Firefight maps in our file share. This absence in Halo 4 is my biggest complaint about the game since we've been asking for it forever. Other than that, I'd love it if the game allowed you to customize flood starting weapons and be able to spawn players with no weapons. I'd also like a campaign that's a bit more open. Halo 4 was REALLY linear and I got bored easily. Instead of forging pre-existing maps, we should have a flat map specifically for forging (War Games and Firefight) that we are able to terraform. Don't tell me it's not possible: Farcry 3 did it and I think it would be mind-blowing if Halo had this along with its already remarkable gametype customization. Also, being able to change the biome would help.

Recap:

-Ability to forge campaign/firefight maps.

-Flood being able to carry weapons.

-Gametypes where players spawn with no weapons.

-Less linear campaign.

-A better forge mode with terraforming.

-Changing weather in forge.

And PLEASE don't bring Cortana back. The ending of Halo 4 was tragic and had so much more depth than we were expecting. If she came back, it'd be hard to take the games seriously.

I like your suggestions. I know the Forge could be so much more powerful than it is. One of my suggestions over the years has been to have a novice or beginner mode, such as the one we all use now, and an advanced mode, with several functions that require time and learning. I think the Forge as we know it is dumbed down on purpose, so giving Forgers the option to use Basic and Advanced Forge Mode might resolve this issue and give so many hardcore dedicated Forgers what they have been asking for while not alienating beginner Forgers. I don't know. Just a thought.

CV :wallbash:

i want to see the introduction of the remaining spartan twos, and dr. halsey. As for enemies, i think the introduction of the human insurrection would be a great thing to see; especially if said insurrection were teamed up with rouge Jackals and brutes as it happens in "Glasslands" and "the Thursday war"

• Like 1

i want to see the introduction of the remaining spartan twos, and dr. halsey. As for enemies, i think the introduction of the human insurrection would be a great thing to see; especially if said insurrection were teamed up with rouge Jackals and brutes as it happens in "Glasslands" and "the Thursday war"

That would be pretty cool.