The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

@CV The reason the UNSC's weaponry is relatively primitive is for gamers to have a background to playing. However, your idea is not totally outlandish. ONI was experimenting with the Flood; they were also supplying the Storm Covenant with weapons in Glasslands to keep the Sangheili in a civil war. Perhaps we will see humans with hovercrafts and Sangheili with SMGs.

• Like 2

Here are my wishes for Halo 5 they are what I think the best and more suitable ideas for HALO 5 form the majority of the community I hope 343 reads this and maybe implements some of this ideas in Halo 5 that would be great

More missions at least 10

Longer missions

Bring back MASTER CHIEF, Covenant and Brutes (not necessary on the same faction)and maybe the flood if they all of them werent  destroyed. PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A.I to be scarier example elites yelling, open their mouths pushings things , sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury

Give player some time to explore areas before missions example it would have been awsome to explore the cocpit of infinity

Flashlight or night vision back in campaing

Old weapons back (smg, fleam througher,plasma rifel,brute weapons if they came back,fire bomb and weapons introduce in Halo 4)

Bring equipment back but as granades emp grenade radar jam grenade, trip mine etc

Returning viachels (hornet , falcon ,spirit, brute chooper  transport warthog,scarab)

Original remastered theme

1 or 2 boss battles in campaing not quick time events

EASTER EGGS

Spartan Ops 2.0(with better spawns for 1 player)

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant )

More forge pallete varaiety (human , covenant, forunner)

Hability to choose weather in forge(fog ,rain, sunny)

Lights that emit light in forge

Bottons and doors for forge

Bigger forge world with better terrain to build in

12 maps with varaiety (desert,snow, space , under water base, and close cuarters maps)

Go back to maps with weapons strategically placed  in it

Hability to drop the flag in CTF

More armor picese

Halo 2 ranking system based on skill

Returning Halo 3 game modes (slayer FFA ,VIP, team slayer,race)

Playable elites

Bring back thruster pack  best armor ability

Dominion and KOTH in space with ships and huge maps

Weapons to stay longer on the ground before despairing

Remove graneade indicator

Remove tactical and support packages

Remove loadouts (go to back AR, Magnum)

thanks for reading if you have any ideas to add coment

Able to make firefight maps. Keep ordinas drop if die, If you die 2 times you lose it. New weapons promethean sword/ one shot kill. Able to turn into a gun and takes 5 seconds to charge up.

Level up guns to get camos, when all unlocked get gold. Then when gold got on every gone your able to get one gun diamond then all gun camos restart. When all guns diamond you get the emrald camo and rubby camo for all guns.

Able to make firefight maps. Keep ordinas drop if die, If you die 2 times you lose it. New weapons promethean sword/ one shot kill. Able to turn into a gun and takes 5 seconds to charge up.

Level up guns to get camos, when all unlocked get gold. Then when gold got on every gone your able to get one gun diamond then all gun camos restart. When all guns diamond you get the emrald camo and rubby camo for all guns.

sounds just like cod bo2 with the camos, Halo has to stop coping ideas from cod like ordenece drops and support package , tactical package and kill cams. its to much like cod, they need to remove those things and go back to the original halo and add stuff to it

If the next Halo Game allowed you to choose from multiple characters in custom games I would want certain assassination weapons for each species just for aesthetic use only.

Elites: Energy Dagger or Curveblade

Brutes: Jiralhanae Combat Knife

ODST: Humble Stun Device or Combat Knife

Spartan: Combat Knife, Katana or Machete

Knight: Blade Arm

Remember it's for aesthetic use only and doesn't change the game play.

These are my ideas for Halo 5 enjoy

Longer missions

Bring back MASTER CHIEF, Covenant, Drones and Brutes (not necessary on the same faction) and maybe the flood if all of them werent destroyed. PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A.I to be scarier example elites yelling, open their mouths pushings things , sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury,if you stick them to serch for the grenade trying to take it off(in some cases)

The unic blue blood of covenant back as I didn’t see it in the game

Old weapons back (smg, fleam througher,plasma rifel,brute weapons if they came back,fire bomb and weapons introduce in Halo 4 pluse new ones)

Bring equipment back but as granades emp grenade radar jam grenade, trip mine etc

Returning viachels (hornet , pelican, falcon ,spirit, brute chooper  transport warthog,scarab)

Skulls back in campaing (you can always turn them on and off)but it was fun to kill enemis with them and finding them

EASTER EGGS lots of them (grunts freaking out , singing ,pictures etc)

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant kind of like  zombies )

More forge pallete varaiety (human , covenant, forunner, flood)

Power ups back (overshield and camo halo 3 camo)

More cuantity of certain objects in forge

12 maps with varaiety (desert,snow, space , under water base, and close cuarters maps)

Hability to forge under water and make bases 

Go back to maps with weapons strategically placed in it

More armor picese (odst , mark V and new ones)

A page or in waypoint to watch world wide stats

CSR to be visible

Returning Halo 3 game modes (slayer FFA , VIP, team slayer, race, assult,)

Playable elites

Bring back thruster pack (best armor ability)

Dominion in space with ships and huge maps

Remove graneade indicator (we never had that and it took skill to know where the grande they throw you landed to doge it)

Remove personal ordenance(or leave it for some gametypes having halo 3 slayer and infinity slayer)

Remove tactical and support packages  they suck and are perks from cod

Remove loadouts  (go to back AR, Magnum) or if you leave them take out the tactical and support pacages

Come up with something to reduce lag problems(dieing with 3 shots, falling off man canons)

Thanks for reading like if you liked it, lets get this to 343

These are some of my ideas for HALO 5 enjoy

Longer missions

Bring back MASTER CHIEF, Covenant, Drones and Brutes (not necessary on the same faction) and maybe the flood if all of them werent destroyed.

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A.I to be scarier example elites yelling, open their mouths pushings things , sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury,if you stick them to serch for the grenade trying to take it off(in some cases)

Old weapons back (smg, fleam througher,plasma rifel,brute weapons if they came back,fire bomb and weapons introduce in Halo 4 pluse new ones)

Returning viachels (hornet , falcon ,spirit, brute chooper  transport warthog,scarab)

Skulls back in campaing (you can always turn them on and off)but it was fun to kill enemis with them and finding them

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant kind of like  zombies )

More forge pallete varaiety (human , covenant, forunner, flood)

More cuantity of certain object

Hability to forge underwater and make bases till senter depth

Go back to maps with weapons strategically placed in it

More armor picese (odst , mark V and new ones)

CSR to be visible

Returning Halo 3 game modes (slayer FFA , VIP, team slayer, race, assult,)

Playable elites

Remove graneade indicator (we never had that and it took skill to know where the grande they throw you landed to doge it)

Remove personal ordenance(or leave it for some gametypes having halo 3 slayer and infinity slayer)

Remove loadouts  (go to back AR, Magnum) or if you leave them take out the tactical and support pacages

Come up with something to reduce lag problems(dieing with 3 shots, falling off man canons)

Thanks for reading if you liked it help me get it to 343 so that they know what we want

This video sums up what I want 343 to think about for halo 5... There's still a lot missing and a ton more stuff to add but to do so would eat up too much of my time. Basically, I could care less what you do with the campaign.  I like playing campaign but what I really want, and what the true die hard halo fans really want, is a return to the glory days of Halo multiplayer... which ended with Halo 3.  I want a balanced, competitive, shooter, rich with strategizing potential.  Halo s 1,2,&3 were the best because they enabled competitive players to really test the limits of their abilities against each other.  Number 1 priority is returning the potential for Map Control.  Map strategy was the most important part of Halo 1,2,&3 multiplayer.  By being smart and working together your team could strategically maneuver so as to gain the most advantageous map positions.  What killed the advantages of good teamwork and skill in Reach/H4? Amor Abilities. Jetpack ruins map control.  How can you control the map and predict where your opponents are coming from and work together with your team mates to prevent them from breaking down your positioning if they can just fly around in the sky? You can't. Anyways, I'm beginning to ramble. I could probably write a Dissertation on FPS's and the importance of control over variables.  There is nothing more infuriating than being ahead in a game only to see that your opponent has received a Sniper for their ordinance. 

I didn't read all 15 pages; so I'm unsure if others already posted any of these ideas. Last time I posted in a wishlist thread like this I ended up seeing half the changes i suggested though so Imma give this another try.

First lets start off with some changes I had suggested last time.

OLD IDEAS:

• bullet time record in theater

• lower weapon key on d-pad

• drivable pelican in custom games and possibly multiplayer

• ability to go prone

• special FX's nighttime and raining

• no item limit in forge

• AI's in forge

• weapons customization (much more extreme than the version we were given in Halo 4)(things I would like to suggest are laser sight, grenade launcher, and flashlight attachments. also the ability to apply camos to one's gun should be much more prominant, not 1 camo for 1 gun and you have to preorder to get it, multiple camo types per each gun and you unlock them.)

• warthog with flamethrower turret (increase range of the flame)

• firefight voices usable in customs and multiplayer?

• remove helmet option like in ODST

• character (face appearance) customization
  • key on the d-pad that allows one to pull out a combat knife

NEW IDEAS:

• a major idea i had was that all games nowadays have lost their involvement...all games now involve just shoot-to-kill mentalities for the entire game and do not include segments where the player is controlling off-the-battlefield developments~ I would love to see Halo go back to something like this where inbetween fights we see the characters off the battlefield forming ties with other characters which could affect the storyline and also searching the non-battlefield location for secret areas which might contain special armor augmentations which could be applied to the player's character. an application like this would be extremely interesting for multiplayer, it could allow the players to interact in a non-hostile environment exploring a ship together before entering wargames, and to actually physically visit locations like an armory to apply the augmentations to their weapons and armor.
  • bring armor attachments back but giving more options, such as where to place the attachments (also it would be interesting to allow the attachments to give special bonuses)(READD THE KATANA AS AN ATTACHMENT~!)(new attachments like radios and backpacks~?)
  • increase the effective range of the gravity reducers, allowing one to perhaps cover an entire map
  • a large sandbox map like in Halo 3 where players have an extreme ammount of area to work with in forge and the ability to apply large vehicles, like halo 2 scarabs or elephants or mamoths
  • controllable switches in forge to open doors and make the gamemodes more involving than just shoot shoot shoot
  • ship casings that can be used to create scenes involving ship to ship combat
  • holographic pads with options of ai's to project
  • (ULTIMATELY FRESH IDEA~!!!) customizable ai partners for our multiplayer characters~! (as in give our multiplayer nameless chars a cortana to their masterchief~ an actual ai yah know that can like use controls on the battlefield to our advantage)
  • security cameras in forge with a functioning screen perhaps~? 
  • falling non-lethal but semi-damaging distances should be turned into a tuckroll for cool cinimatics, dispersion of downward force, and just plain fun

on a side note i did read one idea, and yes helmets should be made so the HUD changes to fit the helmet you wear

DO NOT BRING BACK SINGLE USE POWERUPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5yrMIgtjA&feature=player_embedded

Ideas from this video:

The global battle idea in multiplayer, the space battles, the character boarding (only for hunters though), and the watercraft~

Not so much the giants because I don't feel like being chased by a weirdly animated pedobear/brute offspring...

UPDATE~!

PARKOUR~!!!!! spartans r supposed to be super advanced genetically enhanced super soldiers and yet we have problems jumping over small ledges and tiny rocks~?! we should be DOMINATING those rocks and ledges~!! like THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H8HYs90WXms#t=34

also the afformentioned character customization under the armor should on a level comparative to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8y-4FOUV8

i mean~ how many times has a player looked at their spartan and been like~ "holy cow im the same size shape and appearance as those other 2 billion other spartans..." lets be real... this level of customization of character would kill~! also the weapons customization... imagine being able to apply laser sights or flashlights onto your assault rifle~ (THESE SHOULD NOT GIVE DAMAGE OR ACCURACY BOOSTS LIKE COD)

the series should also go back to the damage system of halo 3 as it gets quite tiresome to shoot a person for like 30 minutes on halo 4 and not get a kill only to have them blow u up with something or come bunnyhopping from cover like some deranged drug addict

RE-ADD THE HALO 3 ARMOR EARNING METHOD~!!!

REMOVE THE PLASMA PISTOL FROM THE CHOOSEABLE WEAPONS AT SPAWN!!

• Like 3

Obviosly there wouldent be any screen distortment. When your wearing Any of fore mentioned helmets all you see is the mk.4 outline. Wouldent Eod immerse you a lil better if everything was the same but having two eyeholes outlined in blue? Take a skim thru n dont hate, contemplate. ; )

Well there is actually some things I want in

there is a lot more but, I thought I would share some of my ideas.

• Swimming (in only water maps)
  • Change in weather to like hail, snow, raining etc. (on forge)
  • Make the campaign for interactive
  • Play as brutes, elites, gruntes etc.

I think in halo 5 there should be a map in forge that is way bigger than forge world and ur aloud to put down actual spaceships and u get to make the chiefs armour any colour and any shape

And maybe you get to be a hunter or sumthing like that

U get to jump from space and land in the ground and make a hole aswell as getting bots in multiplayer

If the flood was In it a good assassanation would be kicking them to the ground and stamping on there head

You worked in a postal office and got fed up with your job didn't you...  O~O;

(no one got the above joke.... -_-;  "stamping" on their head~? hahah~?)

Integrate Halo 5 into the Live Action Spielberg TV series.  Picture the episode ending and then, right after the show ends, you and your friends get online to participate in a Halo Objective in game that is related to the plot of the TV show.  You compete against each other in a post show event that lasts a week until the next episode airs.  Might be impossible to get 343 and spielberg to work together but it would be awesome.  Think about it, a show you can play and interact with and a game you can watch. 

These are some of my ideas to improve Halo if you like it help me getit to 343 thanks for reading

Longer missions

Bring back MASTER CHIEF, Covenant, Drones and Brutes (not necessary on the same faction) and maybe the flood if all of them werent destroyed.

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A.I to be scarier example elites yelling, open their mouths pushings things , sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury ,if you stick them to serch for the grenade trying to take it off(in some cases) and interactive talk to each other(work work work best conversation ever)

Returning viachels (hornet , falcon ,spirit, brute chooper  transport warthog, scarab it would be nice to see them in camaping and use some of them  either on camaping or multiplayer)

Original remastered theme(miss that halo feeling the guitar riffs etc)

Skulls back in campaing (you can always turn them on and off)but it was fun to kill enemis with them and finding them in campaing

Spartan Ops 2.0(with better spawns for 1 player) it was a great innovating idea that should improve as it has that much potential

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant kind of like  zombies ) it must came back

More forge pallete varaiety (human , covenant, forunner, flood )

Hability to choose weather in forge(fog ,rain, sunny)or time of the day

Lights that emit light in forge lamps

Sings with things like UNSC, floor 1 basement etcto identify theplacese we build

Hability to join parts example you join to picese but the you can move it and drag it as 1

Bigger forge world with better terrain to build in or give us a terrain editor to make caves and other stuff

15 maps on disc like in halo CE with varaiety (desert,snow, space , under water base, and close cuarters maps for mlg pluse big ones for btb)

Go back to maps with weapons strategically placed in it and no indicator to where they are

More armor picese (odst , cqb, mark V and new ones)

Halo 2 or 3 ranking system based on skill

CSR to be visible

Returning Halo  game modes (slayer FFA , VIP, team slayer, race, assult,)

Playable elites

Remove personal ordenance or leave it for some gametypes having halo 3 slayer and infinity slayer

Remove loadouts  (go to back AR, Magnum) or if you leave them take out the tactical and support packages that’s  the really bad thing you did

Don’t remove good things we had or have been improved(like how you may have learned with the red croses)

Come up with something to reduce lag problems(dieing with less shots, falling off man canons etc)

These are some of my ideas to improve Halo if you like it help me getit to 343 thanks for reading

Longer missions

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK

A.I to be scarier example elites yelling, open their mouths pushings things , sprinting towards you, moving arms in fury ,if you stick them to serch for the grenade trying to take it off(in some cases) and interactive talk to each other(work work work best conversation ever)

Returning viachels (hornet , falcon ,spirit, brute chooper  transport warthog, scarab it would be nice to see them in camaping and use some of them  either on camaping or multiplayer)

Original remastered theme(miss that halo feeling the guitar riffs etc)

Skulls back in campaing (you can always turn them on and off)but it was fun to kill enemis with them and finding them in campaing

Spartan Ops 2.0(with better spawns for 1 player) it was a great innovating idea that should improve as it has that much potential, it would we great if you could join the new upcoming halo series with Spartan ops

Firefight 3.0(with a A.I Flood variant kind of like  zombies ) it must came back

More forge pallete varaiety (human , covenant, forunner, flood )

Hability to choose weather in forge(fog ,rain, sunny)or time of the day

Lights that emit light in forge lamps

Sings with things like UNSC, floor 1 basement etcto identify theplacese we build

Hability to join parts example you join to picese but the you can move it and drag it as 1

Bigger forge world with better terrain to build in or give us a terrain editor to make caves and other stuff

15 maps on disc like in halo CE with varaiety (desert,snow, space , under water base, and close cuarters maps for mlg pluse big ones for btb)

Go back to maps with weapons strategically placed in it and no indicator to where they are

More armor picese (odst , cqb, mark V and new ones)

Halo 2 or 3 ranking system based on skill

CSR to be visible

Returning Halo  game modes (slayer FFA , VIP, team slayer, race, assult,)

Playable elites

Remove personal ordenance or leave it for some gametypes having halo 3 slayer and infinity slayer

Remove loadouts  (go to back AR, Magnum) or if you leave them take out the tactical and support packages that’s  the really bad thing you did

Don’t remove good things we had or have been improved(like how you may have learned with the red croses)

Come up with something to reduce lag problems(dieing with less shots, falling off man canons etc)