The Official What You Do and Do Not want in Halo 5 Thread

SatanicBagels

i had a couple ideas i swished around my brain for h5.

1. promethian vehicles. i know you probably get this a lot 343i (if you read this). maybe like that one covenant vehicle in halo 2. the one in the campaign mission that the scarab is on? (sorry on making you guess but the name eludes my mind...i think it was a shadow?). or maybe like the spectre remake or revenant remake from halo reach.

2. firefight. spartan ops is fun but it doesnt feel the same as firefight. i recently watched a video by halo 4/5 follower. link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJA_f-6H8Nc

3.a side story on the arbiter and how he is doing. i like fighting the covenant but id like to know how they became our enemies again? "a lot can happen in four years" said by cortanna. id like to know what DID happen while chief was taking nyquils in his tube for those four years.

4. MOAR W3APONS. i like the curent weapons and understand how hard it is to make a new one but PLEASE MAKE MORE. more forenner precision weapons, more covenant weapons, a bring back of the mauler/spiker or brute shot and more unsc automatic weapons.

5. brutes. if you are going to bring back the hammer brute shot etc... then you need brutes. all of my freinds and i were angry that there werent brutes. they made formidable enemies in halo 2 and 3 (not reach. no shields, no fun).

6. different species. im pretty sure just about everyone in the community misses being an elite in matchmaking. you should be able to play as an elite, brute, promethian knight (maybe) or even flood! its just an idea but please give it some thought.

BONUS*

if you guys at 343 are plotting to make halo 2 anniv. i had some suggestions.

1. the story line. the story line was never finished. i liked halo cea but it was just a remake. with halo 2 it was never finished you and bungie said. go back and finish it. take all the time you need because if its secret now you should keep it like that until its basically ready to be shipped out.

2. new possible dlc. cha-ching, money maker right there. choose the maps the community played on most when halo 2 online was still...well..online. ones like headlong, containment, colossus, backwash and burial mounds were all great maps.

with hope for the best franchise of all time, xXzaydoggXx

p.s. go and play black ops 2 or borderlands 2 or any of the other hit games. find things that made the game fun and put your own twist on them like with the loadouts in halo 4. its what makes the game fun. keep listening to the community.

I think I'd like a new forge world-like canvas for forge. (I know its been said before, but hear me out.) There could be an inside area which is the base of the pit (You could add in the platforms to make a replica) , the metal mesh fences at the side could open or be deleted revealing a medium- sized loading/landing bay. Around the bay could be canyons, rivers, grassland, islands...It would be perfect for my needs. And better looking items. I dont like the Halo 4 textures for any forge items really. :wallbash:

Halo 5 should have:

• Forge Universe(+ some Forge ideas)-(The biggest map in Halo history, combined with underwater(talk about later), ground, atmosphere, and space. The map would have over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 in budget and would include Pelicans, Phantom, Longsword, an Anchor 9 and Condemned like forge piece, space debris, placeable Cruiser, Frigates, and Infinity Class Ships for decorative( also they should be moving in their speed so it doesn't look like a picture), Seraph, Space Banshee, the Lich(Halo 4), Covenant Cruisers, Carriers (etc). Also Halo 3 Detectives( Radio, computer, telephones, medical equipment, etc.), Reach+Halo 4 Forge Pieces( no exclusive for other forge maps. All can mostly use these items),Custom skins( UNSC, Forerunner, Covenant, etc) Halo Combat Evolved,Halo 2, and Halo 3 Teleporters look, Halo 2 Underwater elevator( From The Mission Regret), Underwater Bases, Elevator ( Forerunner Lift, Covenant lift, etc), Large Forerunner Structure, a Far Cry like idea with rivers, Increasing water Height, Better underwater texture+ sound effects( like Halo 3),Terrain patch/FX(ex. Terrain path would fill in an area with a terrain of your choice/FX would make the whole map that terrain of your choice), Sky-box FX ( when FX is placed, the Sky-box change into ex. night. A moon would be placed instead of a sun, weather FX (2 versions where one would be a non-terrain effect while the 2nd could be a terrain effecting (ex. snow patches, flood with rain, hail damage, etc.),More unique forge pieces(ex. Barracks, you can hang your weapon,(ex. Assault Rifle), on a weapon rack and a nice animation for placing it on it), attachable turrets on forge pieces( ex. barricades+mounted machine gun), ODST Drop Pods( use a updated model of the UNSC Say My Name from Halo 3:ODST and make detachable, drivable, drop pods), a glue feature( when you basically weld 2 pieces together, both pieces would be moved), and many other stuff( would be elaborated on an update to this idea later on.)
  • Civilian Vehicles- In Halo Reach, there were civilian vehicles, truck, and forklifts but that was exclusive to campaign only. Bring them back but with so much more like Civilian Warhogs, Civilian Vehicle from Halo 3: ODST, etc
  • Variation- Different variation of a gun. It would be cool to have the Reach pistol with a Halo 3 Assault Rife. A Halo 1 Plasma Rifle with a Halo 2 Brute Plasma Rifle. A Halo 3 Rocket with a Halo Reach Sniper. This could be use for classic game types with its real damage.
  • Spartan movement- I would love to have the Halo 2/3 movement for the spartan like the instant down on the d-pad to put guns down, the quick turning( not like Reach animation of turning). The way they walk, jump, and crouch, with their gun down animation is what i find to be a beauty. Also, guns should be put down during online forge and custom matches.
  • Damage vehicles- I would love to have my Warhog with scratches when I hit a rock. A cracked window when bullets hit it, a dent when colliding too hard to an object. a real-time damaging animation to the vehicle.
  • Dual-Weilding
  • Weapon Returned- Weapons that should make it return to Halo 5:

1. Brute Shot

2. SMG

3. Brute Plasma Rifle

4. Plasma Rifle

5. Spiker

6. Mauler

7. Missile Pod

8. Focus Rifle

9. Needle Rifle

10. Sentinel Beam

11. Golden Sentinel Beam

12. Flamethrower

13. Spike Gernade

14. Flame grenade

15. Halo 3 Equipments

16. Grenade Launcher

• Vehicles Returned- Vehicles that should make its return to Halo 5:

1. Hornet

2. Falcon

3. Brute Chopper

4. Prowler

5. Halo 3 Mongoose Design

6. Spectre (Halo 2)

7. Cameo Vehicle

8. Revenant

9. 2 different Shade turret design

10. AA-Wraith (Campaign/Forge/Custom Game)

11. Elephant

• Halo Gun Sound Effect- I Believe that the Halo 5 Guns Sound should be more Halo-Futuristic and not no modern gun sound. It should have that classic sound feel of older Halo games like the Combat Evolved Assault Rifle Sound.
  • Emblem Primary/Background- I Hope that Halo 5 Lives up to my demand to have my emblem returned and many of the other emblems too. What would be great would be ALL emblems and emblems Background to make a returned. From Halo 2 - Halo 4 (including ODST and Reach)
  • Species Customization- I would like to Be a Spartan-ODST-Elite-Forerunner (Like Reach where Spartan vs. Spartan And Elite vs. Elite. ODST have there own Gametype and Forerunner on their own too.
  • Map Remake- I Beleve these map should be remade:

1. Chiron TL-34

2. Last Resort/Zanzabar

3. Boarding Action

4. Death Island

5. Containment

6. Danger Canyon

7. Turf

8. Relic

9. Terminal

10. District

11. High Ground

12. Sandtrap

13. The Pit

14. Guardian

15. Foundary

16. Rat's Nest

17. Longshore

Note: This is my opinion and my own thoughts.

• Like 1

Firefight 3.0 and Level Creation: I believe that firefight should come back in Halo 5, however, I wouldn't want this to replace the short objective missions of Spartan ops. What I would love to see Is for Firefight in Halo 5 is a level creator of sorts. Allowing you to in a Forge like atmosphere, change environment to a degree with vehicles and structures (more things depending on how forge will work* environment editor?*). alongside the ability to change enemy, numbers, movements, placements, and deployment time. This would give you the liberty to make a survival mission like firefight of old or objective based missions. Objectives could be added in via preset objective models which you would then customize interaction traits for what they would do when you interact with them (press terminal, destroy thing, etc.) Being able to add ally units would also be good. There should of course always be presets for these games but maybe the customization tool could carry over to custom games and maybe even forge, making it all one or two things: mission creator and map creator. Being able to use this with custom games would mean the ability to spawn in bots and more diverse objectives like what we saw in Invasion. On that note being able to play created missions as elites, fighting human bots would be amazing. These are just my thoughts on it, I know I haven't addressed all areas of the topic or delved very far into others, but i believe that this concept could work very well in Halo 5, and expand the creativity we've seen in previous titles exponentially.

1. Double exp weekend from Halo3!! With special playlists like grifball and infection and some others! And bring back the old playlists like snipers and lone wolves.

2. More like the classic Halo feel and less like CoD... No more loadouts, the ones from Halo Reach were good though.

3. Not so many armor abilities. The ones from reach were good.

4. More default maps. Its seems as though there's only a few maps to play on for each game mode. Everytime I play swat or BTIS I always get the same 2 maps. Gets really boring. Maybe some community maps like the ones in Halo Reach.

5. Take your time with the map packs. The longer you take to make them the longer people will be playing the game.

6. No playable elites in Halo4 MM :( Bring em back!

7. Bigger / better forge maps. Maybe another Forge World, that you can have every forge item on.

8. In forge, be able have infinite amount of a certain item, but keep the budget.

9. AI forge characters?

10. Skulls in campaign and maybe multiplayer maps like the ones from Halo3.

11. Custom button mapping!

12. Remember the legendary recon helmet from Halo3? It was such an achievement to get it (Before ODST). Add something like that, something really hard to get.

13. Bring back dual wield and some other weapons like the SMG.

It seemed like 343 tried to please everyone by making it a little more like CoD, like with the actual sprint button, button layout, and custom classes.

Edited by F3arTact1cs

Variety: I feel like one thing halo 4 lacked was weapon variety. Although it was nice to see all the new Promethean weapons they were just slight variants to existing weapons. There should be alot more one handed guns and maybe duel wielding if they could make it balanced and refine it's faults (smg and plasma rifles should return) and crazy weapons like the needler and incinerator cannon. Or variants of weapons so they behaved differently with a slightly diffrent model: shredder AR, silenced pistol... These variations could maybe allow for duel wielding. Only the weaker, no-scope, big clip pistols can be duel wielded kinda thing I would also love to see new vehicles and old ones brought back. A new UNSC flier would be great especially if falcons and hornets returned, also the locust (small scarab) and definetly some forerunner vehicles. I love the way there are variants of the warthog too, that should extend too other vehicles. I also would like to see more enemy variants. Not new enemies necessarily as the Prometheans were great. Just more variants of existing ones. Like hunters with a giant needler or one bladed energy sword would be amazing. or elites that carried two energy swords and moved faster but weren't super strong, or elites that carried big hard light shields that they fired around like jackals do. Those would make for interesting scenarios and be a nice new twist. I would also love to see new assassinations, old ones from reach and the ability to pick which assassinations you would perform depending on the situation: like if you had a pistol maybe you would execute them or press it under their head and shoot. Or with the needler, stabing the needles into them. Maybe grenade assassinations where you would stick their head then kick them in the direction of any other nearby enemies, i would love those.

Continuing from my previous post:

Multiplayer Maps

• A large, Forge World-like map.
  • A forest map, like the one from Halo: CE (forget its name).
  • A map that takes place in outer space. NOTE: I don't mean one that takes place on a cruiser or space station, I mean one where you pilot things like Seraphs, Phantoms and Longswords and battle each other in space. Having two cruisers as bases would work, though.
  • A map on Sanghelios, Balaho, Eayn or another one of the Covenant homeworlds. Guardian, which took place on Palamok (the Drone homeworld) was amazing.
  • A large map with two Mammoths as mobile bases (like Sandtrap), where the objective is to destroy the enemy team's Mammoth.

Firefight & Spartan Ops

• First and foremost, I'd like BOTH of these gametypes in Halo 5, but separate.
  • Firefight should have Spartans and Elites on the same team, defending their position against the AI. To prevent friendly fire, either take the hostile Sangheili out of Firefight, or give the player-controlled Elites conspicuous waypoints. Also, please put Prometheans into Firefight.
  • Longer Spartan Ops missions, please.
  • Maybe one or two close-quarters Firefight maps.

Forge

• Once again, the return of a Forge World map with varied terrain, water, cliffs, mountains, forests etc.
  • The ability to create linear, co-op maps.
  • The ability to create objectives for those maps (i.e. make objects that open doors when activated, explode when shot etc.)
  • The ability to insert friendly and hostle AI into the maps.

halo 5 to have real halo music and real halo moments like in halo 3 the mission the covenant when the two scarabs drop from the sky and the real halo music which is called unyielding plays. That was a legendary moment, halo 4 had no legendary moments, if you are a halo fan who has been interested ever since halo 1, you would agree. 343 really let me down , their are other forums out there trying to make halo what it truly was. Please, if you are a real halo fan, you have to agree. If everyone agrees halo 5 could be more legendary then halo 1,2,3s campaign and music. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Halo 5 Wish List (condensed): Arbiter; Flood; cross between Firefight and Infection; Brutes; Hunter gun; Pelicans and Phantoms; blue Forerunner beam weapon (charge up and release); Needle sniper rifle (headshot=supercombine); Freezetag gametype; more customizable zombies; Reach forge with Halo 4 pallet and lighting; Covenant pallet and MP maps; Plasma Rifle SFX; Halo CE pistol instead of DMR.

1) Arbiter: We all missed him in Halo 4, and what with Spartan Ops' storyline, it looks like Jul M'dama will be the antagonist in H5. Maybe he and Arby can have some sort of standoff while Chief fights the Flood (most say they were destroyed in Halo 3, but some say that the Forerunners kept some Flood material on a ring to study. Why else would they be in H4?)

2) Freeze tag game type: When a player's health is depleted, they are Frozen. You could change the Frozen characteristics: movement, damage, time before death, etc. There could be an "Unfreeze" (defrost?) ability, such as "press X to unfreeze teammate. This would be a very cool element in Infection.   

3) Cross between Firefight and Flood: In addition to fighting Covenant and Prometheans, we should be able to fight Flood. Some would say that it would be a ripoff of CoD Zombies, but it's actually original. 343 could use the Freeze tag mechanic to revive people who are down; I always found it a bit unrealistic when you respawned in Firefight...HEY, wouldn't it be cool if instead of dying immediately in multiplayer Campaign (unless you are incinerated or commit suicide) you  were frozen on the ground until your teammates revived you? It would be a big step, but...maybe it should only be in Firefight. Anyway, in Flood Firefight, once you completely die, you would be infected and join the ranks of the Flood! You could choose from the Carrier (explodes on contact), Combat (like a Spartan Flood in H4), or Tank Flood form. And every five waves there could be a Boss, maybe a Gravemind.

4) Brutes: Knuff said; I don't care if they aren't part of the Storm Covenant, we need them back.

5) Hunter gun: they had it in the code of H4 but it never made it into the actual game. How many times have you wanted to rip off a Hunter's cannon arm and use it like a turret? Also, the Halo 2 Hunter gun sound effects would be much appreciated.

6) Pelicans and Phantoms: I loved flying the Pelican in Campaign, and I know both would be a bit OP in MP...but why not let Arbiter fly a Phantom in Campaign? It would be soooo refreshing to finally be on the friendly side of that Concussion turret. The Banshee should stay mostly the same, but the Fuel rod bomb's splash damage needs to be tuned down just a bit. And as for the UNSC air vehicle, I think it should be something familiar but new. I'm thinking of a Falcon from Reach, but the pilot can shoot a machine gun facing only directly forward (this makes it so that it will have to risk going low to the ground to kill infantry) and drop bombs with a slow recharge. The bombs could be really slow so people have a chance of dodging it, and the blast radius could be the same as a Banshee bomb. The side turrets could be the sane as in Reach; it made you have a lot of teamwork.

7) Forerunner weapon: I originally thought the Prometheans weapons would be blue, but then they turned out to be red and overpowered (in the case of the Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon, and Boltshot). It would be cool to find a Campaign-only weapon that you have to charge up to shoot a blue beam; it would cause splash damage only when it hits a body or vehicle, kind of like a Spartan laser and a Focus Rifle.

8) Needle Sniper Rifle: in H4 I thought the Beam Rifle was bland and unexciting. I propose it be replaced with the NSR, a high-powered rifle that supercombines people instantly with a headshot but kills in three bodyshots. I liked the idea of the Needle rifle in Reach, but it was a poor replacement for the Carbine. And the Carbine should go back to being a six-shot kill (in H4 it's 7) but have an overheat system so you can't spam it. Also the DMR should be replaced by the Halo CE pistol; it's really a redundant weapon now that the BR is back, the range is frightening and the kill time is like something out of (dare I say it) CoD. The bloom was good in Reach but MLG didn't like it so they made it super OP in H4. But enough with that rant.

8(I think) no 9 Forge: I think we can agree that Reach'a Forge is superior to that in H4 just because it's more practical. H4's pallet looked goofy with all the bleached white pieces. Yes, it was refreshing for a while, but it quickly grew bland and monotonous. The tools were nice (except for the lack of precision editing) but we need Reach's reliability. Also add the Race gametype back in; a lot of people missed that. It would be nice to have a Forerunner pallet (grey, shiny), a Covenant pallet (dark purple), and a human pallet (sandstone like in Halo 3). 

10) Plasma Rifle: definitely the most iconic weapon in the franchise--and 343 took it out. I know they said they were going for a more less toy-like and more intimidating look for the Storm Rifle, but I really missed everything about it, ESPECIALLY that wonderful noise it made. And no one was ever intimidated by the Storm Rifle in MP, it's just overall a useless weapon. Sure, you can change how the Plasma Rifle looks, but don't change how it sounds or feels! Except you could give it a bit more damage to make it "more intimidating".

Thank you, anyone who read all of this. I feel it is my duty to help make Halo 5 the best game in history (save Badminton), albeit in a very small way. I know 343 probably won't read this (although Chris on Halo5Follower said they were looking for ideas), but it would be great if you chose a couple of these ideas you think are good (there has to be some at least, right? Yes?) and tell them to your friends, add on to them, perfect them, LOVE them, do anything to get 343's attention--it's  not because I want to say I made Halo 5, it's because I love the franchise and I want it to succeed.  So go tell your friends what I have said, go forth, spread the word--and again, thank you.

Now that I've posted my ideas for H5's sandbox, here I will voice my predictions for the Campaign for those who are interested. Also, this may contain spoilers, but I doubt anyone on this forum hasn't played H4 yet. You were warned.

So we all know that Cortana died to save the Chief (apparently, she converted herself into Hard-light to shield him from the nuke). But I think we can agree that she's not really gone; Cortana said she's a clone of Halsey, so Halsey could just make another Cortana--but it wouldn't be the same. I think Chief will reject her because of this, but they will be forced to work together and build toward that original bond.

In H3, the Flood were supposedly annihilated--but that didn't make sense to me; why would Bungie get rid of the ultimate enemy? And so I'm convinced that there is still some Flood material left on another Halo that the Forerunners left behind to study. Speaking of which, what was the significance of the Halo ring in H4? Nothing! That is, not yet. I'm guessing that this Halo in particular which the UNSC is studying has Flood on it. Master Chief will be sent with a team of Spartans to take care of it.

I think H5 will be similar to H2; in the latter, you played as the Arbiter for a couple of missions. Part of H5's campaign will involve the Arbiter fending off the Storm Covenant led by Jul M'dama, whom we see rising up in H4 Spartan Ops. Frank O'Connor said the Reclaimer Trilogy would reveal more of the lore than all the previous games combined. But many people complained that there wasn't an adequate explanation for the rebel Covenant forces in H4; Cortana only said, "A lot can happen in four years." The only reason she was so vague is because H4 isn't about the Storm Covenant; it's about the relationship between Chief and Cortana and the introduction of the Prometheans, the Librarian, and the Didact (who I think survived). This leads me to believe that H5 will have a much broader storyline, incorporating the struggles between the Arbiter and Jul M'dama, between Chief and Cortana, and between the Flood and the Prometheans, which brings about another topic.

I think the coolest moment in all of the Halo games is in H3, when you are fighting the Flood, but suddenly they become your allies. This is similar to the part in H4 when the Sentinels help you take down the Hunters. I'm thinking that the Prometheans will help you destroy the Flood. It's possible; isn't the primary goal of the Forerunners (save the Didact) to protect life? That being said, it's also possible that once the Flood are eliminated, the Prometheans turn on you (I can just imagine the Chief surrounded by Knights and Crawlers--no Watchers, please--who slowly change from blue to red-orange)! Also, I heard that 343 Guilty Spark was alive. Just rumors...

Well, that's about all I can foresee for H5's Campaign. Please reply and tell me if you agree or not on my speculations, and feel free to add on to them! And if you like my thinking, go ahead and check out my previous comment concerning H5's sandbox. And thank you for reading. x)

• Like 1

Making The Gameplay more Epic:

By this adding different elements that will make the game more enjoyable to play.

1. Add more music/atmosphere

For instance, when you rack up a killing spree 343 could add some low suspenseful music which gets more awesome as your streak keeps going. Maybe adding a sudden BANG or something similar when splattering someone. When you're carrying the oddball/flag/etc you could hear some music that matches. Also, just to add more atmosphere while playing, to add some light melodic sounds in the background. I remember playing ADRIFT and hearing some low buzzing melody/atmospheric music. I loved that.

2. The ability to TOGGLE first and third person view when on a passenger seat.

This addition would be EPIC. Being able to look through the Warthog's glass and seeing how it gets broken as you take damage, watching your teammate drive and be able to see all the buttons the vehicle has. Also, maybe you could duck down under the glass for cover (or under your team mate on mongoose) by pressing crouch. It would awesome to play like this. Being in first person on a vehicle's passenger seat. Just like the falcon on Halo: Reach. You could toggle it also.

3. Add flying vehicles for Humans and Prometheans.

I was disappointed when the falcon did not make a return. Flying your teammates across the map and dropping them to accomplish certain objectives. I want a flying vehicle that 2 or more people can get on.

4. Elites on Multiplayer

I loved being an elite in Halo 3, they just looked so badass. In Halo 4, the helmets are BADASS, and I just would love to imagine how the Elite's helmets could've been. They've always been important to Halo and I think that they would be amazing to play as. (You could also add special abilities for them). BRING BACK INVASION.

5.More Playlists

I know that some of these will be added to Halo 4, but occasionally after playing some hardcore competitive games, people want to just chill. Halo 3 and Reach had that, and trust me, no other FPS game has so much fun playlists than Halo. It has just so MUCH POTENTIAL.

Thanks.

1. When you enter into "War Games" their should be a section given to you were you can choose bringing you into a worldewide custom games search where you can go into any one's custom game.

Saying that their would have to be a new option added where you choose the game's privacy, the privacy settings would go like this.

Invite Only- Can only join when invited.
    Friends Only- Friends of anyone in the game, can join only.
    Open- You can join by acessing someones player card and confirming "Join Session in Progress"
    and..
    Open to the world- When choosing open to the world, that put's your custom games lobby and current game into the Custom Game search allowing people to easily join through the search.

2. More Unlockables for matchmaking like...

• Unlocking new assasinations where you can unlock new ones by leveling up, completing commendations, completing campaign on difficulty,etc.
  • Unlocking new camo's.
  • Unlocking more unique armor.

• The truse to come back with the UNSC and the Convenant
  • AT LEAST one mission when you work with the Forerunner
  • Cortana comes back
  • Dual weilding returns
  • Halo wars vehicles like wolverines,vampires, and elephants to be driveable
  • Jun meets up with cheif
  • Arbiter Come back
  • ODST's have sheild strength
  • attachments to weapons
  • dual weilding 2 energy swords
  • option to use knife or meele
  • spartans upgraded with overhseild, the sheild, then health
  • Dr. Halsey becomes a spartan
  • a new foe comes into the picture
  • in forge you can set spartans,marines,ODST's,Convenant,and Forerunner to make forge more exciting bacuse your fighting along side and againts bots

1. EQUIPMENT: Bring back the halo 3 EQUIPMENT as armor drops, in addition to the halo reach and halo 4 armor abilities. Have both armor abilities and equipment in the custom loadouts. On the controller the equipment could be a up or down on the D-pad. There Could also be a armor mod, tactical package, or support upgrade that will allow you to carry two.

2. SMG: Bring back the SMG for custom loadout use and dual wield.

3. DUAL WIELD: Bring back dual wield. If dual wield is used in custom loadouts (I belive it should as a tactical package or support upgrade) all secondary weapons should be dual wieldable and a few primary weapons including the SMG and atleast one primary covenant weapon and one primary forerunner weapon if not more. In the custom loadouts if dual wield is chosen there could be a tactical package or support upgrade (wichever is the one dual wield is not) that would allow you to use a primary weapon like the SMG. In game play to avoid overpowering dual wield uou, like in halo 3, would not be able to use uour armor ability, equipment, grenades, or mele atacks untill one weapon is droped. Even if dual wield is not in the custom loadouts uou should be able to grab a weapon off the ground and dual wield it.

• Like 2

I want a much more cinematic experience for single player as well, but mostly multiplayer. I want to feel like I'm in complete control of my Spartan. For me, it's the little things. In Uncharted 3, the main character Nathan Drake put his hands on walls when he got near them-he reacted with his environment. And in ACIII, Connor reacted with his environment as well, reacting to inclines and such. I feel like the multiplayer hasn't fully represented the Spartan's capabiities. I know there will always be technical limitations, but it would be pretty cool to see your Spartan dive behind walls and cover, jump, roll, and slide over things in the environment, and maybe even have a slight knock back or view disortion when next to something exploding. I know that in Brink, the parkour elements looked rediculous and awful when seeing someone else do it (from a third person perspective) so that would be a major issuer I understand. But I think the little things-from grabing and pushing walls while sprinting to even animating more visceral movements and actions-would make all the difference. I see cutscenes as a disconnect from the player, because you see the character you control do things you aren't able to do in game. With a more cinematic game style, the game would become more immersive.

Another thing I would highly enjoy is larger, grander maps. I remember the greatest feeling I had from Halo 3's multiplayer was when someone would drive the Elephants (something else that should be brought back in some form or another, personally, I'd love to see it's Halo 4 variation from the campaign intergrated into a large map) all around Sandtrap (another perfect map, just so you know) and everyone would jump down from above and we would have massive battles all around, and it was great pure fun. I'd like to say it was one of the few times in multiplayer that no one was mad from dying or felt cheated or cheaped out, because everyone was enjoying the sheer madness of two elephants driving side by side or going head to head in the center of the map. Now imagine even bigger vehicles, and larger games. Imagine a Scarab destroying the evironment while players are boarding from vehicles and on foot and having massive battles on this (or perhaps other) giant vehicles and trying to get control of this massive ultimate weapon. I know that other popular reccommendations include the pelican. With large scale maps, you could transport a lot of other players around, and perhaps even make it a variation of the Battle Pelican in the Halo 4 campaign to fight other air vehicles or other large war machines such as the Scarab. This could become a great challenge, but no doubt would be an excellent innovation to the franchise that would be sure to hook people in even more.

Another big thing is forge. I mean no disrespect, but it would appear as if the different forge types (3, Reach, 4) are more innovations than actual improvement. There, I said it, and I am sorry.

Anyways, my friends and I were surprised by how much we truly missed Halo 3's forge, frustrations and all. I don't have too much to say about forge, but I'll just say what prevented me from some awesome game types in Halo 4's Forge:

-Infection. That about sums it up.

-Teleporter velocity: When you go through teleporters, you continually go faster and faster. If you're wondering why that is a problem, I'll explain my game mode idea to you. Basically, you spawn in the air with vehicles and turrets falling all around you. (this is the space level by the way, sorry I forgot the name) and then you fall to the lowest possible point in space possible then you get teleported straight back up to the top. The idea was to have a crazy gametype where you would kill people in the air and board vehicles and hijack-all while continusly falling. This doesn't work however, because you gain speed so much that you eventually can't do anything or even see anything. It's a little problem, but something I wanted to bring up. :P

-Fixed Man Cannons: This also hurts gametypes such as Frogger, where a Scorpion Tank is in the middle of the map and the objective is to kill him (Originally an infection game type) and you had to drive vehicles through man cannons to land on different platforms with the danger of falling to the bottom of the map and dying (This was on Sandbox in Halo 3) The fun in this game was that you didn't know whether or not you were going to make it-the man cannon was as unpredictable as your fellow "team-mates" (a lot of team members hilariously made sure that some people didn't make the jumps). With a fixed landing spot in Halo 4, you're ALWAYS going to make it, you're always going to land in the same spot.

-Weather: Kind of self explanitory, it would be nice to affect lighting, clouds, rain, water, etc. I know they're two completely different engines, but Far Cry 3 has an excellent custom map editor.

So now for cutsom games. Beyond Infection, there's some stuff I'd love to see, like and ammo capacity, specifically how much ammo a person gets. Imagine the game types that would utilize a one bullet scenario.

I admire the customization in Halo 4, but still, more is more, so I would like to see even more. Not more amor persay, but actual more options. More specific details of every aspect of your armor, heck, maybe even fully customizing your armors look from the ground up. How your visor looks, different shapes of your helemt you can edit and so on. That would be very interesting and amazing to see.

Also, I don't know the capibilities of the next gen Xbox, but having bigger battles, like I don't know, maybe 16v16 or even like 20v20 would be interesting if you made it work.

ability i would really like an ablity to turn into a promethean (anything) randomly when activated so you could use the ability and turn into a knight any class so battle wagon,alpha? so you could also release a watcher and switch to him and the knight will die.so what ever promethean you turn into will grant you the same abilitys as it.becuse its over powerd there can be only one of the ability per map .this ability should be called the shape shifter ability and can be used for 40 seconds depeanding on the promethean you get. Features you know how the prometheans have orange line on there body? well when the user shape shifts the lines have the color that show there team color instead. do want i want to be able to create firefight or spartan ops missions and upload them on way point for other players to download.driveable mini scarabs as big as a ghost but higher a player can sit in it walk around and shoot.also maybe they could have thrusters to help them jump.special elite calsses to chose before spawning so they would be Arbiter,scout,heavy,airborn,honored,in charge,and hunter.arbiter can duel weild energy swords.honored are honor guards.hunter is a hunter :yes .airborn has a jet pack.scout is fast with weak weapons.heavy has grav hammer or just heavy weapons.and in charge basicly commands the team :3

dont want i hate the load out system honestly the fact that you have to unlock weapons disapoints me :'( . small maps i need big big ones for messing around in you know?.Vehicles spectures no ridable phantoms yes warthog yes mongoose yes scorpian yes mantis yes banshee yes ghost yes mini scarabs? yes falcon no hornet yes promethean vehicles maybe.Thank you for reading this it took maybe an hour? but these are what i want for halo 5 :awesome:

PREVIOUS HUMAN technology. vehicles, weapons, etc...

i read a few comments before suggestion promethean vehicles. i wondered how long it would take for the people who posted those comments realised how ridiculous that sounds... i thought; "surely the forerunners kept some of the human technology".

random_halo_4_stuff__by_squidgypancake-d5s7lgl.jpg

I Think it would be awesome if the had the Plasma Rifle returned, the storm rifle sucks and its not as much of a halo style feel as the Plasma rifle was.

I also think it would be cool if we figured out what happened to some of the Spartans appear back in it (like Douglas/Alice/Jerome or Gray Team or Fred and Kelly, ETC.) I think that it was kinda stupid that they got rid of Firefight (they should put it in together with Spartan Ops) and UNSC flying vehicles. Also It should be more like the game suggests with the Halo rings. They also should put back in Elite gameplay to! The Campaign should be as lond as Halo 2 or even longer, because that sure makes it more fun and intresting. They also should put in ODSTs or just make a seperate game like Halo 4: ODST/Halo 5: ODST.

Me next, me next!

A lot of my ideas are already on the OP, so I'll simply cast my vote and suggest ones I didn't see.

Brute Shot, MP Space Maps (for fighters), Forge fine editing, controllable npcs.

On the npcs, it might work as an armor ability. You could using something like the requiem portal maker to bring reinforcements. Forge also needs to ensure that magnets will make objects truly flush. Even with objects are perfectly aligned, the magnets leave a tiny gap that causes a player to bounce a little. It's annoying when you're trying to build a large smooth area. Not to mention that seems to be the trigger for vehicles to go flying off into oblivion.

UNSC: Love the leviathan, be nice to see the Vulture from HW. I second any orbital bombardment they come up with. It'd be nice to see some kind of deep sea activity as well. This is something I have been looking for a long time.

Forrunner: New Watcher variants. Crawler melding: When crawlers see that there are only a few left, they combine to form something more powerful. Not as powerful as a knight, but enough to be troublesome. Same for watchers. Put them together and may give them heavy weapons. Promethean mobile armor would also be nasty. Imagine walking in one of the those forunner cathedrals wondering- why would these guys make thier buildings so tall?- when around the corner comes this thirty foot walking armor with crawlers and knights. It would be unarmed, but provide cover for its passengers. It could also crush you like a Mantis if you got too close. An EMP would knock out of one of its legs or you could damage its weak spot and drop it like a Scarab.

Covenant: These guys seem more to me like terrorists than an army now, so that's the progression track I'm on. I like em that way too. Their glory days are over.

Mgalekgolo variants. Scarabs were only the beginning. Instead of seeing new Covenant species, 343 should do with Hunters what Bungie did with Jackels. These variants would be around the same size as a Hunter, but in a quadraped or triped form. Another cool (and cruel) addition to the Covies would be a kamikaze Brute. :troll: These captured heretic Jiralhanae would be strapped with a bomb and sent on a suicide run. Covies would be holding other Brutes, possibly females, hostage. The blast would be a little bigger than a kamigrunt and the Brute harder to kill. The Elites could also use a little diversity. Imagine an Elite with Promethean class armor and/or abilities. FRG bearing grunts could go back to the original Halo CE scheme. When it goes kamikaze, it blows up its FRG ammo rather than pull out plasma grenades. You'd still have the same chances of retrieving the FRG. It'd also be nice to understand what they're saying. I miss hearing "Meat in a can!" Maybe reserve translations for IWHBYD.

Flood: Let's not and say we did. The Flood were never fun. They were annoying as blam on any difficulty.

Multiplayer: Love the points system. That had always bugged me in HR. I kept hearing "That still only counts as one!" in my head. Blam it. There should be a team reorganizer. Instead of bailers leaving a team 4 to 1 or 8 to 3. Just as it was done for Infection matches, randomly pick fill-ins from the other team. I believe bailing team members is the sole reason for why BTB has always suffered in popularity comparied to TS. Other options include averaging ordinace requirements and ordinance favoring. When teams are equal in size, ordiance reqs are the same, but for a smaller team, the ordinance req is smaller meaning more drops for the smaller team. Ordinance favoring is more extreme. It simply offers better choices to the smaller team. As always, I vote for stiffer penalties for bailers from team matches.

Infection Variants: Bring. Them. Back... Please. There is a big difference between Flood and Spartans. Plus it's that much harder to get sword and hammer kills without them.

Spartan Ops: I don't miss Firefight one iota. After playing enough to get five or six onyx commendations on FF, I had had enought of see the exact same wave at the exact same time. If I could have configured the waves myself and still get the pointage, I might've liked it better. I've heard that its hard for 343 to keep up with Spartan Ops. I'd say there's room to relax. I don't mind the Campaign place bases or even heavy reusage of SO maps. What I care about more is the ability to do things in SO that can't be done in MP or even in campaign. After finishing Ep 6, I so longed to drive a Phantom or Pelican. If SO makes it into H5, this is the path I'd like it to take.

Vehicles: I want to see more effective mega vehicles similiar to the one in H3 MP. These are destructable, but have high health and can't be EMP'd. They'd do little more than role or fly around and maybe have two mounted weapons. Troop transport is exteremly effective and enhances serious BTB. To that end, I want to see a Vulture and Vampire from HW. They don't neccessarily need special abilities, just work as transports. Straight up Phatoms and Pelicans would work as well. Vultures and Vampires might also be able to carry and/or spawn weapons/vehicles. This is probably OP, but the tanks' mounted guns should have a secondary ability of either an overload shot or EMP for enemy vehicles.

UNSC: The mongoose sucks. In my view, the only way to make it work is to put a bomb on it and either drop it as a mine or enable an eject command that lets the driver jump off as the mongoose runs into something and explodes. How's that for splatter fans? During the H3 era, I put forward an idea in an out of the way forum of a two seater rocket launching Warthog. The idea was to create a passanger that didn't have to expend personal ammo. As the driver tries to stay alive, the passanger fires a rocket that he can manually guide with the rocket's onbaord camera. This hog would be more vulnerable to direct attack. The rocket might also be shot down for sake of balance. A Hornet with a mini guass passenger would make a great arial addition to the UNSC's arsenal. The inspiration comes directly from Contact Harvest.

Covenant: Two words: The Specter. H2 players will know exactly what I'm talking about. The Revenant was a very poor substitute. In creating two seater vehicles, the Specter could see an upgrade where the passenger uses a targeter for the plasma cannon. At very least, it can be a three seater. I would disagree with it being the five seater that it was. The cannon can be upgraded to a continuous plasma stream based off of the Locust's weapon. The Specter's ability to strafe sets it apart from the Warthog. It should be slower than a hog normally, but faster when boosting.

Forrunner: It wouldn't hurt to have variety and introduce a few. Perhaps a unique perk of these vehicles would be omnidirectional capability. Perhaps it could switch between offense and defense, blasting enemies and vehicles and then switching to hardlight sheilds when fired on. The switch would be manual and delayed for sake of balance. This is also another troop transport option.

Weapons and Abilities: 343 took issue with HR's Armor Lock because it interfered with the flow of the game. I disagree. I believe the flow should be dynamic like that. Nevertheless, I absolutely despised the shield bubble in HR especially during invasion when four players would deploy shield bubbles over the core. They just simply lasted too long. The H3 bubble was more fun, though I was saddened that I didn't get the kill when I threw one in front of a guy firing a laser and killed him. One ability ought to be troop deployment. A pair ODST would be very nice (pay no attention to my ava and sig). High ranking grunts or jackles for the covy version, crawler primes or high watchers for Forrunner. I also agree with support weapons such as a target designator that lights players up for the whole team to see.

UNSC: Another cool one is a shield inversion wave. Zero everyone's shields including your own. This can be done through walls. One way to gain the advantage is to have your shields recharge faster. Another is to have partial shields after using the ability. Something would have to be done in the event of grieffers. See what fun you blammers take from us! Another balancer would be to use another inversion wave to cancel the first. Reference covy abilities below, but I'd look to create a wide range radar scrambler/jammer that even conceals vehicles. Also, perfect hologram. Thank you.

Either lose the railgun or give it a zoom. I don't care if it's 2x, it needs it. The Spartan Laser ought to be dialed down, doubled or trippled in ammo, and increase firing rate. This new SL feels more steampunk than anything else. It's time for a step up in evolution. Perhaps the railgun could be replaced with a beam that's half laser, half matter. The ammo would stay the same, but would have a nasty effect on vehicles. (Inspired by Armored Core). SAW? Keep it up.

Covenant: Active camo should be perfected to some extent and take away the jammer. Its very easy to find them up close. At long range, they're good for getting the jump on someone, but the field shouldn't weaken on movement so much, only when firing a weapon. A Final Run ability would increase all attributes by 5%-40% for 3-5 seconds. Attributes would be increased by 5% if uninjured and shields at 100%, 40% for zeroed shields and 30% remaining health. A quesitonable ability is the Holy Light ability. This is mainly inspired to balance team matches. Once shields are zeroed, the ability can set off an explosion killing everyone within a small area including you. The ability is barely effective when shields are up even a little and you still die. It won't go off unless you trigger it meaning OHKs can prevent you from setting it off. It's questionable for many reasons, but it is Covenant and we do have little imps charging to their death. Why not in MP?

To counter the SAW, a short range focus riffle (no zoom) with more damage would do the trick. The plasma launcher would not be OP considering how long that thing takes to charge. Or just a straight mortar. I do NOT miss the needle rifle nor the concussion rifle. I do believe the needler should be nerfed, ammo increased, and made a loadout weapon. The needler should also stick and damage vehicles to the same limited degree as an AR if not less than an AR. A covy shotgun would be nice, like say a mauler, but I'd want more range. A grenade that acts like the concussion rifle shot would be better than the CR. The grenade would skip several times before hitting a wall or running out of energy. It would only kill if it hit a player directly.

Forruner: Transport ability. I agree with and much like. Point and teleport up to a certain range. Controlling the speed will balance this. Another is flashstep. Shunpo! Flashstep gives the ability to move forward or strafe rapidly four or five times. This would replace the jump jets. Under normal gravity, they're a joke.

Please... please... no pulse grenades. In its place, I'd have a grenade would expand and briefly form a polygonal web of hardlight beams. The diameter would be smaller than a pulse grenade but would mean instant death on contact. The only idea I have for a Forrunner ordinance is a hardlight anchor. You fire the beam out as normal light. When someone walks into the path of the beam, it hardens and retracts ripping the player apart.

Other: I'd also like to see booster equipment. Motorized attachments that either boost a player's speed, hold more ammo for ordinance, shield boost, or have weapons of their own. These would be skeletal frames that dock with a player's armor. The player is still expossed and only one attribute is increased. Would it be a vehicle or some kind of support package. I'd like to call it a vehicle since I don't think there's enough now, but that's just me. Perhaps they could go into their own category?

• Like 1

For halo 5, i would like to see armor customization go further. each peice does a certain upgrade such as stranger damage, faster sprint, more shield, faster regen, regen shield, on top of what you already choose as your loadouts. (not saying a drastic change but you can stack to be just a bit more stronger then normal.) using weapons over time gives you available upgrades like being able to attach needler to another weapon or being able to put the magnum on a assualt rifle for added power. which would compliment the newly added armor customization.

For forge, being able to set terrain would be great. I think if you can make some crazy landscapes in a simply game like minecraft. Im sure it wouldnt burden you guys to give us more ability to build our own landscapes. More money or the ability get more items. Its horrible to get a good map going only to have to compromise using something else just to make a wall.(or be able to sacrifice a certain type if we dont use to give avail to other stuff we need)

Weapons like I said before being able to make the smaller guns to be attachments would be amazing.

If they upgrade kinect system would be a new lvl of fun to be able to play that way instead of using the controller. (plus if you guys would make a halo gun as a something we can actually hold with sensors that would be sick and make you guys even that much more money)

vehicles I think are great as you have them. Maybe if you added something that is an upgraded version of the mongoose that had say turrets on the sides and had a top cage to it like a go-cart (something like a ghost.) bring back the hornet!!!

If you guys made a map that was space or air revolved I think it would be fun. make the game type like capture the hill but only have to touch the spot that way it moves to a different area. Or make a map that is water based and make use of vehicles that could be driven on the water.

Armor abilities would be nice to be able to make upgradeable when you play the campaign on each level gives you peices that goes to your armor that can make your hologram appear to be shooting or your regen shield doesnt distort your vision, thruster has longer life span, promothean vision can send out in a short distance that disrupts shielding in half, the shield can be made 1 sided to allow shooting through with one hand (magnum or bolt (no charge)) adding teleportation would be crazy but i can only see that working like it does in the campaign, in short bursts so you can still follow where the person goes.

oh and put my face in the game as a character lol.

Thats about all i can say about that, lifes like a box of chocolate and all that good crap. Have a good one.

i dont want to see a new face in the game unless its an enemy. i know this is looked down on but i dont want cortana back until H5. i want to sesee the game head cheifs relationship with Halsey. Like he has missions where he has to trasport her to areas and you get to see her as Johns mother figure more